Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Agreed posted:

The article uses a factory overclocked GTX 780, too - with the current WHQL driver, my GTX 780 is back up to 1176MHz (seriously, what the hell is up with driver versions changing the overclock's stable bin, that's just goofy), and in synthetic benches it seems like GK110 has a slight clock for clock advantage over AMD's newest GCN chip.

OcUK ran some synthetic benches showing the reverse to be true, a 1200mhz 290X beating a 1310mhz 780 HOF: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25171654&postcount=70, http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18551534 (scroll down a bunch).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
This is an interesting remark about the 290x, will be good to see what it can do once better coolers are strapped on to it, going to be a favorite among the benchmarking crowd for sure.

quote:

AMD's Radeon R9 290X shows fantastic clock scaling with GPU voltage, better than any GPU I've previously reviewed. The clocks do not show any signs of diminishing returns, which leads me to believe that the GPU could clock even higher with more voltage and cooling.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_290X/1.html

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

So some report mediocre scaling, some report excellent scaling. I wonder what the difference is.

Kind of funny that until like 12 hours ago the situation was swapped, but now nVidia is the one blue-balling us with a lack of info on price drops for current cards and what, exactly, the GTX 780Ti will be.

We're back to a sort of familiar cadence, in a sense; Fermi ran long before AMD released Tahiti and cornered the high performance market, the difference this time is that nVidia actually has a competitive card thanks to GK110 getting into the consumer market. It maintains performance competition, although if R9 290X can scale very well also and has overclocking headroom then they'll still be at a disadvantage when it comes to the price:performance sweet spot, unless they have more room to move down price than I'd suspect. Meanwhile Maxwell is scheduled for Q1 2014.

Frankly they're not in a bad spot compared to the launch of Tahiti, provided they're willing to do the necessary price drops to compete in the sane budget regions and can offer a respectable value proposition beyond the current gaming bundle (it's good, but it's not "$100 less and performs better" good). I think it is meaningful that unlike the Fermi<--->Tahiti situation, they aren't caught flat footed without a competitive card; provided they respond appropriately and lower prices, they're still very much in the high-end game, they just have to make some moves to stay there.

Unrelated to the big picture discussion going on, here's an oddity I recently noticed when doing some benching of my own - I previously stated that my card was variously stable at two values separated by more than one boost bin; that's something that has apparently been corrected with the recently released WHQL driver, for my system on Windows 7 64-bit Professional, and now with further testing it's stable at 1163MHz. Anyone else updating from previous cert'd or beta drivers might want to redo their overclock as well, it seems something's changed a bit in terms of driver boost bin behavior. Hooray I got an extra 20ishMHz over the last driver/boooo give it long enough and it (gracefully, at least) crashes out at the higher 1176MHz that sometimes worked with older drivers. Check your overclocks, nVidia users running the most recent WHQL drivers from the 21st.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

90c is awfully hot but I'm curious to see how much terrible thermal paste is on the 290x reference coolers. Who's voiding their warranty and replacing the paste?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Agreed posted:

So some report mediocre scaling, some report excellent scaling. I wonder what the difference is.

Kind of funny that until like 12 hours ago the situation was swapped, but now nVidia is the one blue-balling us with a lack of info on price drops for current cards and what, exactly, the GTX 780Ti will be.

We're back to a sort of familiar cadence, in a sense; Fermi ran long before AMD released Tahiti and cornered the high performance market, the difference this time is that nVidia actually has a competitive card thanks to GK110 getting into the consumer market. It maintains performance competition, although if R9 290X can scale very well also and has overclocking headroom then they'll still be at a disadvantage when it comes to the price:performance sweet spot, unless they have more room to move down price than I'd suspect. Meanwhile Maxwell is scheduled for Q1 2014.

Frankly they're not in a bad spot compared to the launch of Tahiti, provided they're willing to do the necessary price drops to compete in the sane budget regions and can offer a respectable value proposition beyond the current gaming bundle (it's good, but it's not "$100 less and performs better" good). I think it is meaningful that unlike the Fermi<--->Tahiti situation, they aren't caught flat footed without a competitive card; provided they respond appropriately and lower prices, they're still very much in the high-end game, they just have to make some moves to stay there.

Unrelated to the big picture discussion going on, here's an oddity I recently noticed when doing some benching of my own - I previously stated that my card was variously stable at two values separated by more than one boost bin; that's something that has apparently been corrected with the recently released WHQL driver, for my system on Windows 7 64-bit Professional, and now with further testing it's stable at 1163MHz. Anyone else updating from previous cert'd or beta drivers might want to redo their overclock as well, it seems something's changed a bit in terms of driver boost bin behavior. Hooray I got an extra 20ishMHz over the last driver/boooo give it long enough and it (gracefully, at least) crashes out at the higher 1176MHz that sometimes worked with older drivers. Check your overclocks, nVidia users running the most recent WHQL drivers from the 21st.

Gk110 is not consumer

It costs more than most peoples entire machines

780ti is also way out of most peoples price ranges and the only reason I would consider gk110 is the in crippled dp dp performance where the charts show the Titan clearly above everything else

The difference in other cases is marginal and probably not even significant

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Malcolm XML posted:

Gk110 is not consumer

Call it consumer, call it enthusiast - by what seems to be your definition R9 290X isn't consumer, either. It's a bit arbitrary. My definition is what the product is marketed as and whether it runs off of the consumer driver package or the enterprise software support system. Titan's prosumer, but that's been the case since launch.

The rest is semantics, just up to what you're willing to pay. Yeah, the number of people using the top-end graphics cards very well may be a rounding error away from zero compared to the number of people using products in the $150-$250 price range, but they're still made for consumption by non-professionals for non-professional tasks.

eames
May 9, 2009

Agreed posted:

Here's an article from TweakTown focusing on overclocking and it's about what I expected - low overclocking headroom on the R9 290X (we'll see if that holds or not once non-reference models start showing up and tools allow for more adjustment)

From what I read about the new Powertune in the HardOCP review, overclocking this card with the regular reference cooler is completely pointless.
The card dissipates up to 300W (three hundred watts) of heat and dynamically adjusts the frequencies to meet a preset power/temperature envelope, which means it actually clocks down to 800 Mhz while running moderately intensive games to stay below 95°C. I wonder how far the GPU would go with water-cooling, probably very high.

On a different note, some german sites suggest that the GPU is already somewhat bandwidth-limited at the default 1 Ghz. Or the architecture just scales well with memory bandwidth.

http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/grafikkarten/2013/amd-radeon-r9-290x-im-test/15/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFZ39nQ_k90

eames fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 24, 2013

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tab8715 posted:

90c is awfully hot but I'm curious to see how much terrible thermal paste is on the 290x reference coolers. Who's voiding their warranty and replacing the paste?

HIS and XFX don't void your warranty :) Guess which brand I'm buying and putting a waterblock on as soon as they come back in stock :) The 290x really starts to shine in high resolutions, and running triple 1440 is higher than a 4k monitor, so I need 2 of these yesterday. Should have stayed up f5'ing newegg last night I guess.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Need to look at AMD's stock over the course of the last two and the next two weeks, they took a pounding but now it seems like a bad presentation and a poor marketing strategy was pretty unnecessary when all they had to fuckin' do was go "$550."

Hype went from ehhhhh to GOTTA HAVE THAT poo poo overnight, literally :D

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is Newegg the only place with 290s?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tab8715 posted:

Is Newegg the only place with 290s?

If I could buy one right now I probably would.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Republicans posted:

If I could buy one right now I probably would.

Welp, that was a fun launch day? No cards are to be found at all anywhere. :smith:

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Tab8715 posted:

Welp, that was a fun launch day? No cards are to be found at all anywhere. :smith:

I tried getting a GTX 680 on launch day and had to wait a few weeks to get one from EVGA. It is annoying, but halo card launches are usually pretty slim pickings.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Agreed posted:

Need to look at AMD's stock over the course of the last two and the next two weeks, they took a pounding but now it seems like a bad presentation and a poor marketing strategy was pretty unnecessary when all they had to fuckin' do was go "$550."

Hype went from ehhhhh to GOTTA HAVE THAT poo poo overnight, literally :D
Well to be fair there was no reason for us to expect the 290X really was one last ace up their sleeve after all the obnoxious secrecy!

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Tab8715 posted:

You could almost watch them go out of stock at newegg by refreshing the page earlier this morning.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

When can we expect some info in the plain jane 290? Yeah I'm probably gonna be on 1080p for the foreseeable future but before I settle on a 280x since you can actually buy some of those I'd like to know what's coming.

Especially if I can get it before BF4 launches.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

SourKraut posted:

But it wasn't one-time? They've done it in the past with the Titan, the 7990, the 280X and now the 290X that come to mind. Now I just may be ignorant and perhaps they're contractually obligated to have *something* up when the embargo lifts, but if not, I feel like it'd be better for them to simply hold off on putting anything up until the entire review is ready.

As for it being an "accidental scheduling" for the publish date, Ryan Smith and Anand both commented in the 280X comments sections that the (unfinished) review went up at the intended time, and Ryan Smith said the same this time in the comments pre-emptively. There isn't anything accidental about it - they're pushing for a review to be up the moment the embargo lifts regardless of the completion state of the review, and it looks really bad.
It just seems ridiculous to me that you're complaining that Anandtech doesn't always have a complete article ready when the NDA lifts because they're taking the time to produce some of the best coverage in the industry. Go look at what HardOCP posted and compare that to the Anandtech review, do you see why Anandtech's coverage takes longer? They also had an extreme delay in receiving the second card from AMD.

Magic Underwear posted:

Did you read their 290X review? None of the benchmarks had analysis, and most of the other pages just said "[work in progress]". It isn't just one incident.
That's the "one incident" I'm talking about, they've never posted empty articles before. Their R9 280X review was missing its conclusion, and they have accidentally posted the wrong revision of articles or accidentally had missing images, but having a blank article get written live is a first. I've made a point of tracking NDA lift times for hardware I care about and checking the Anandtech reviews so I have some familiarity with their performance with launch reviews. All that said, this is definitely a debacle, and if Anandtech intentionally posted a blank review that is not okay. Since that would be such an obvious boneheaded move, the article and tweet went out at the exact scheduled NDA lift time, and Anand was apologizing over Twitter afterwards, it may not have been intentional.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Picked up an MSI R9 290X along with an i7-4770k, Asus Sabertooth Z87 board, and 16GB Corsair DDR3 on newegg earlier today. I'll be upgrading from a Core 2 Quad Q6600 based system I've been using since early 2007, so this should be a massive upgrade. The incredible performance for the price and extremely high praise the 290X has received from all of the tech sites finally convinced me that maybe it was time to put my almost 7 year old system out to pasture. Also, the new consoles are just around the corner and it would be embarrassing if consoles are faster than my gaming PC.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 25, 2013

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Republicans posted:

When can we expect some info in the plain jane 290?

NDA is over on the 30th.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Cmdrmonkey posted:

Picked up an MSI R9 290X along with an i7-4770k, Asus Sabertooth Z87 board, and 16GB Corsair DDR3 on newegg earlier today. I'll be upgrading from a Core 2 Quad Q6600 based system I've been using since early 2007, so this should be a massive upgrade. The incredible performance for the price and extremely high praise the 290X has received from all of the tech sites finally convinced me that maybe it was time to put my almost 7 year old system out to pasture. Also, the new consoles are just around the corner and it would be embarrassing if consoles are faster than my gaming PC.
If you'd kept up to date with the last 2 generations of GPUs previous to this one that was never a risk.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I haven't unfortunately. I'm still using a GTX 460 from 2010 that replaced an 8800 GTS. The next gen consoles are a good deal faster than a GTX 460. I believe the GPU in the PS4 is roughly on par with a Radeon 7850.

Oh well, I'll be all caught up hardware-wise after this upgrade. And the 290X is so far beyond what the consoles will be running I can sleep easy knowing that future games will run fine. 290X is to the PS4 what the 8800GTX was to the PS3 essentially.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 25, 2013

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Alereon posted:

It just seems ridiculous to me that you're complaining that Anandtech doesn't always have a complete article ready when the NDA lifts because they're taking the time to produce some of the best coverage in the industry. Go look at what HardOCP posted and compare that to the Anandtech review, do you see why Anandtech's coverage takes longer?
Because it looks like shoddy journalism when an article goes up and almost every section says [work in progress]. Look at it this way: when companies have gone and put out rushed products, Anandtech (and others) call those companies out, and rightfully so. So why now are you giving them a pass for essentially doing the same?

Also, they do have excellent coverage of the detailed architectural information of the products, but it's not useful if it's just a [work in progress]. You would not see me complain about their review being posted later on the NDA day, or a day or few later. It's just like their (always excellent) Apple reviews - the reviews may come out days/weeks after everyone else, but they're much more thorough. So I don't know why you're bending over backwards to rail me and defend them over their horrible mishandling of this review (and others, like I indicated).

Alereon posted:

They also had an extreme delay in receiving the second card from AMD.
Which would have been a perfectly understandable reason for either delaying the entire review, or doing what they sometimes do and posting a notice that those sections of the review affected will come later with an update.

Alereon posted:

Their R9 280X review was missing its conclusion.
Their R9 280X review was missing more than the conclusion - it was missing the sections concerning specific information on both the XFX and ASUS cards, the TrueAudio discussion was largely missing, the power and over-clocking sections were completely absent, etc. Some of the sections, including information on the ASUS DirectCU II, were missing for most of the day (I primarily remember this one since I was interested in the DCU II at the time). Also, most of the other sections were only "up" if you count pages with graphs/etc. but not text discussion. If you do, then yeah, sure, those sections were all present. But almost none of the performance sections had any actual discussion present - it was simply plots, just like with the 290X launch.

Alereon posted:

I've made a point of tracking NDA lift times for hardware I care about and checking the Anandtech reviews so I have some familiarity with their performance with launch reviews. All that said, this is definitely a debacle, and if Anandtech intentionally posted a blank review that is not okay. Since that would be such an obvious boneheaded move, the article and tweet went out at the exact scheduled NDA lift time, and Anand was apologizing over Twitter afterwards, it may not have been intentional.
Once again, who knows what the thought process was. I will definitely give them the benefit of the doubt in terms of them intentionally putting such a blank review up, but at the same time, they should know well enough by now that they should make sure either the review is done (that falls on Ryan Smith, who wasn't traveling to the various shows within the last few weeks) or otherwise delay/postpone the auto-post and post it once it is essentially complete. Yes, they do excellent in-depth work - but part of that work depends upon actually having the text discussion present, otherwise it's simply a collection of plots that I could collectively see anyway from [Hard]OCP, Tom's, etc. Sure, the other sites reviews aren't as in depth - but when Anand is just giving us plots, it's not like it matters at 12:01am anyway.

Edit - tl;dr: I'm not saying to crucify them, but don't just give them an automatic pass for a huge debacle that is similar to other past reviews just because they're "Anandtech". Call them out on their bullshit.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 25, 2013

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I'm pretty sure AnandTech has committed themselves to releasing reviews of cards when they are released. I think this an excellent time to tell them that viewers would rather them take their time than rush out an incomplete review.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

GrizzlyCow posted:

I'm pretty sure AnandTech has committed themselves to releasing reviews of cards when they are released. I think this an excellent time to tell them that viewers would rather them take their time than rush out an incomplete review.

I'd rather see what they have so far then wait a week for them to release stale news. Assuming the stuff left out isn't out there already.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Purgatory Glory posted:

I'd rather see what they have so far then wait a week for them to release stale news. Assuming the stuff left out isn't out there already.

Then go to one of a dozen other sites that run the cards through 3D-Mark once and then call it day so they can get their "coverage" out as soon as possible. The whole point of Anandtechs coverage is to go beyond what most sites offer, and cover all aspects of a piece of hardware from multiple viewpoints. It's worth waiting for.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Jeezum Pete. AnandTech is ultra-fabulous, this is agreed. But I'd prefer two articles or an article coming out late instead of an article that's two thirds "[Page not yet written]" and ERROR 404: COMMENTARY NOT FOUND. It's convenient and wonderful when it's done, but it's unprofessional for a news site.

And I might add, this has only happened on the AMD-sponsored section of the site, so AMD should really take some responsibility in fixing this, as well.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Got my 290x today. I got the Powercolor and my brother in law got the Gigabyte. Identical apart from the branding on the fan, pretty much as expected. AMD's own autodetect driver download thingy doesn't even recognise the card yet, so that's kinda funny. I'm downloading the full Catalyst installer now but I'm a bit worried it's not going to work. I got a disc with it but I have no drat optical drive :(

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Cmdrmonkey posted:

I believe the GPU in the PS4 is roughly on par with a Radeon 7850.

the 8800GTX was to the PS3 essentially.

First is about right. I believe it's around that. Xbox One is 7790 or so.

The second statement isn't too true, since the PS3 was only generation behind, it was a cut down 7800GTX.

At launch, the 360/PS3 actually had decent GPU grunt, the 360 especially so, since it was AMD's first unified shader GPU.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Digital Jesus posted:

Got my 290x today. I got the Powercolor and my brother in law got the Gigabyte. Identical apart from the branding on the fan, pretty much as expected. AMD's own autodetect driver download thingy doesn't even recognise the card yet, so that's kinda funny. I'm downloading the full Catalyst installer now but I'm a bit worried it's not going to work. I got a disc with it but I have no drat optical drive :(

Let us know how it goes. If anything, it'll cut down on your heating bills this winter.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Vroom vroom.

I seriously cannot get excited for this card. The performance in my eyes just doesn't outweigh the noise, heat, and lack of overclocking headroom(which makes other cards perform better anyway). I mean, the internet hype disagrees. But there are surely other people with reservations right?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

BurritoJustice posted:

Vroom vroom.

I seriously cannot get excited for this card. The performance in my eyes just doesn't outweigh the noise, heat, and lack of overclocking headroom(which makes other cards perform better anyway). I mean, the internet hype disagrees. But there are surely other people with reservations right?

I agree with you entirely. I've done the jet engine rig thing before, and it's something which I'm no longer prepared to tolerate. I'm waiting for the gtx780ti.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I'm just happy that AMD is putting up strong competition against NVIDIA, which ultimately is good for all of us. As for the 290x itself, gotta wait and see how it does with custom coolers. The Titan and 780 would probably be just as noisy if the reference NVIDIA cooler wasn't so fantastic (and probably expensive.) I think the 290x is loud because the reference cooler is just good enough in order to keep that insane price point.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

The Lord Bude posted:

I agree with you entirely. I've done the jet engine rig thing before, and it's something which I'm no longer prepared to tolerate. I'm waiting for the gtx780ti.
To be fair, there will be aftermarket coolers that come out really soon and people will then integrate them.

Hell I got an engineering sample 7970 back in the day that with my old case I didn't notice the jet engine sound while using it, and then I switched to a new case and noticed "Holy poo poo my gpu is loud as hell."

I promptly went online, ordered an aftermarket solution for about $70 and it's quiet as can be now.

I imagine people are getting all hyped because they can get really good performance for their buck now, and then in a month or two get a near silent card.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
ATI usually shits out some fairly loud blowers, it's to be expected. Once we see giant custom coolers on, this card will actually perform faster, since it's throttling under a lot of conditions, as well as being quieter.

Win/win.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Just played FF XIV for 2 hours and it wasn't any louder than my EVGA GTX 770 with the reference blower. I didn't mess with any of the power/performance stuff in Catalyst, just running it stock. It was hot though. It was idling at like 78C.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Digital Jesus posted:

Just played FF XIV for 2 hours and it wasn't any louder than my EVGA GTX 770 with the reference blower. I didn't mess with any of the power/performance stuff in Catalyst, just running it stock. It was hot though. It was idling at like 78C.

My understanding is that by default, the blower is set to not go past 55% - it throttles if it needs to to keep temps down without going over. Imagine if it was set to ramp up further.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I'll mess around with it tomorrow. My Swiftech pump seems to be on its way out (only 6 weeks old, drat it) so the noise from that is making it harder to really tell (and driving me loving crazy).

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
This card sets clocks completely differently than any other card in the past. It will ramp the poo poo out of the clocks up to a max of 1000 depending on heat/voltage/other factors. Uber mode only allows the card to go 55% fan, quite mode only allows 40% fan. You have to manually allow it to use 100% fan. All of this can be ignored by putting a waterblock on it :) There are reports of water overclocks as high as 1200. Now if someone would just get the drat things in stock so I can order 2.

Also, word is that it scales very well.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
So if this thing ends up being too loud/hot when it arrives, I guess I could just throw some aftermarket Zalman cooler on it or something? Even with the added cost of that, it's still a good deal compared to the 780 and Titan, so I'm fine with that. Will my Corsair TX 650 V2 be able to handle this card? I just have one SSD and one HDD, so I don't think my setup is especially power hungry. It would just be for the time being. Will probably pick up something better when newegg has a good deal on a more powerful Seasonic or Corsair.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

This card sets clocks completely differently than any other card in the past. It will ramp the poo poo out of the clocks up to a max of 1000 depending on heat/voltage/other factors. Uber mode only allows the card to go 55% fan, quite mode only allows 40% fan. You have to manually allow it to use 100% fan. All of this can be ignored by putting a waterblock on it :) There are reports of water overclocks as high as 1200. Now if someone would just get the drat things in stock so I can order 2.

Also, word is that it scales very well.

You don't have one because someone hogged them.