Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Sedisp posted:

Killing Joke good or video game good? If it's the former I'm out sixty bucks.

Not quite Killing Joke good, but that's like asking if every new movie is Citizen Kane good. If I'm comparing it to the level of arcs, it's around Long Halloween or Under the Hood level. So fantastic, but not quite Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns or SHoSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingsPawn
May 23, 2006
E4!
Does anyone know if there is a way to rebind the keys like in City? I've been trying to figure out a way to bind the special takedown and bat swarm to be shift + left click and shift + right click. Can it be done in the game menu or do I have to do some voodoo editing in the text files?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

Not quite Killing Joke good, but that's like asking if every new movie is Citizen Kane good. If I'm comparing it to the level of arcs, it's around Long Halloween or Under the Hood level. So fantastic, but not quite Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns or SHoSE.

Stop making me want to spend money. :negative:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is any of the Season Pass DLC day one? I want to wait til there's actually DLC released before buying it.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Ugh, I want to buy this but there's going to be Steam sales up the rear end soon. Halloween sale, Thanksgiving sale, Xmas sale. It'll be on sale. Right? :ohdear:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Is any of the Season Pass DLC day one? I want to wait til there's actually DLC released before buying it.

No, but gently caress it I bought it anyway. Then, when cool DLC is announced, I get to say "I own that poo poo" months before release. There is power in that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cyra posted:

Ugh, I want to buy this but there's going to be Steam sales up the rear end soon. Halloween sale, Thanksgiving sale, Xmas sale. It'll be on sale. Right? :ohdear:

If City is anything to go by, expect good things for the thanksgiving sale. I got that one for half price like a month after release, that poo poo owned.

mysterious frankie posted:

Oof, Deathstroke is really knocking me around during the first(only?) fight with him. It should go to show how molly coddled I am by games usually that I assumed if I died after taking off a chunk of his health then it would load me back up at that point. But it doesn't; it just starts me off at the beginning of the fight, which is both annoying and cool. Annoying because it takes forever to fight him, and cool because I'm starting to learn his patterns and taking him down notch by notch feels a lot more badass than it would have if the game basically gave me the win.

I had the same experience, I figured it'd load me up on at least that phase of the fight, but nope, back to the beginning. It made sense, though, it's basically an endurance fight while Batman tries to not die against someone who's not to be messed with.

EDIT: Getting towards the end of it gave me the kind of rush I haven't gotten in games in a while, actally. It felt like getting towards the final boss of some old game with no continues, knowing one mistake now and I'm back to square one. The bosses in this are really tense, it's great.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 25, 2013

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Terminally Bored posted:

I just reached the worst part of the game. It's Mad Hatter's side-quest. Really poorly designed, most of the time I have no idea where to go or which gadget to use. This is nowhere near the quality of Scarecrow sections of Asylum.

Yeah, this side mission was loving awful. It's pretty obvious that they were trying to invoke the feel of the Scarecrow missions from Asylum but it just felt very clunky and difficult to maneuver. It took me for-loving-ever to actually get Batman to hit the lanterns, and the ledge you were supposed to jump on in the next section wasn't clear enough for me to notice it so I spent a frustrating few minutes trying to figure out where I had to go. And I felt like a total douchebag just leaving "Alice" in there crying, even knowing that there wasn't a lot Batman could do with her.

Other than that though, my only real complaint is with the gliding. Having the grapnel boost right out of the gate is nice (if a bit confusing since it was supposed to be a prototype in City) but there's a lot of buildings and ledges that inexplicably can't be grappled. Not the ones that have weird spikey cages on the rooftops, but just plain normal ledges and roofs that Batman, for whatever reason, refuses to grapple to. It makes it more difficult to just glide around the city since navigation becomes a bitch when there's no way of knowing which building Batman can or can't grapple to.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So is there any chance the Knightfall stuff from PS3 will eventually come to the PC version?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Jesus Christ gently caress the amount of knife wielding goons in this game. Countering those seems like the move away part switches between where the camera is and the actual direction that's away from the guy, and it's entirely possible to move into another counter and then get hit by a knife.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Tracy's voice o_o

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ok so I'm at the tower near the GCPD to unlock fast travel for that area. I can clearly see what I'm supposed to do. There's a great I need to pull off with the batclaw and then zip up there and climb out. But when I pull off the grate and zip up, Batman just sits there, hanging from the grate, and won't climb up. What the gently caress am I doing wrong?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

TheJoker138 posted:

Ok so I'm at the tower near the GCPD to unlock fast travel for that area. I can clearly see what I'm supposed to do. There's a great I need to pull off with the batclaw and then zip up there and climb out. But when I pull off the grate and zip up, Batman just sits there, hanging from the grate, and won't climb up. What the gently caress am I doing wrong?

Sadly it's a bug with the PC version.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
About 6-7% and no bugs to report on the Wii U version.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

TheJoker138 posted:

Some people are claiming that's a problem with your video card drivers. Try updating I guess?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

E: ^ I'm using the newest Windows 8.1 AMD drivers.

randombattle posted:

Sadly it's a bug with the PC version.

Christ, first the disappearing first boss and now this. I'm gonna just not play this game till this poo poo gets patched. I thought we had moved beyond lovely PC ports full of bugs.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ShineDog posted:

Tracy's voice o_o

Oh god. That ACCENT.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Is that first Electrocutioner fight really bugged? The way that played out, I thought that was totally intentional (Guy's taunting you, and you just clock him, knocking him out. The girl sends in a horde of thugs to stop you instead.). How is it supposed to go?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Is that first Electrocutioner fight really bugged? The way that played out, I thought that was totally intentional

I thought that was intentional as well.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Is that first Electrocutioner fight really bugged? The way that played out, I thought that was totally intentional (Guy's taunting you, and you just clock him, knocking him out. The girl sends in a horde of thugs to stop you instead.). How is it supposed to go?

It's not bugged, it's a joke fight.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Veotax posted:

It's not bugged, it's a joke fight.

Then what the hell are people talking about here saying that's not what was supposed to happen? :confused:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Then what the hell are people talking about here saying that's not what was supposed to happen? :confused:

Because it's funny as hell, and some of us, unlike Veotax want that to remain a secret for people so when they hit it they can have a good laugh?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rookersh posted:

Because it's funny as hell, and some of us, unlike Veotax want that to remain a secret for people so when they hit it they can have a good laugh?

I can't believe some people were too stupid to play along.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

VogeGandire posted:

Oh god. That ACCENT.

Its well norty. If you use the subtitles, its clear whoever transcribed it is not equated with accentented pseudo cockney. I was watching a playthrough thats in progress, and its one of those typical jabbering sorts. Doesn;t look like he has played any Arkham titles, as he has no realisation that Batman uses stealth (I think he forgot Batman has detective vision). The last one I watched, he spent a long, embarrassing time trying to get to the Boiler deck fights after wildly flailing about and falling into water. I loved that he finally figured it out, and goes "Hey, Chris can do stuff!" as Batman walks through a door and Penguin cackles "What a wanker!"

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Two things I've notived... there don't seem to be any double counter attacks and unless I mixed this up with another game, enemies used to jump back and cringe on brutal takedowns but they don't anymore?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
God, this game is buggy, along with the tower vent bug I've encounter: Enemies knocked-out(for good) getting up again, 2 CTDs, Batman "Walking" through the air when trying to glide, getting stuck on various places and having to reload, and various gadgets failing to work or clipping right through enemies. I've lost track of how many batarangs I've thrown that just disappear and miss.

ethanol posted:

Two things I've notived... there don't seem to be any double counter attacks and unless I mixed this up with another game, enemies used to jump back and cringe on brutal takedowns but they don't anymore?

Double and triple counters happen more often as you progress through the story. Early on though it's really rare.

And yeah, enemies no longer recoil and the meaty bone-breaking sound is gone when doing takedowns. I actually find the animations for takedowns to be weak, despite being wholesale lifted from Arkham city. It's really weird.

DrNutt posted:

You're mixing Arkham up with Sleeping Dogs (though you still get invincibility frames for takedowns) and yes, there are double counters in this game. Haven't seen any triple counters yet though.

Wait, didn't enemies used to recoil when doing takedowns in AC? Maybe I got it confused with Sleeping Dogs too.

Red Mundus fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 26, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
^Nope. I've been playing a ton of AA and AC in preparation for Origins and it doesn't happen.^

ethanol posted:

You're mixing Arkham up with Sleeping Dogs (though you still get invincibility frames for takedowns) and yes, there are double counters in this game. Haven't seen any triple counters yet though.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 26, 2013

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Can anyone thats unlocked Bane's bio tell me what it says and/or anyone that has fought him tell me how he's presented in the game?

I've been curious about that since his file in AA said he had broken batman's back, but this is only five years before that an meant to be his first (?) appearance. Obviously Knightfall doesn't happen in this game but I wanna know how competent he seems I guess (like is that a realistic thing for him to do a year from then) and if he's on venom yet or not.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Can anyone tell me why I'm having serious texture issues? No matter what video options I use I get nothing but a black world with floating squares (untextured particles?) and only a few objects have any texture, and Batman's textures are all glitchy looking. My drivers are updated and I played AA and AC just fine on this rig so I doubt Origins is causing my video card to poo poo itself somehow.

Gonna try reinstalling it and hope I just had a bad install.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess my HDD is about to bite it and the game was installed over some sectors that are completely farked.

Esroc fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 26, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Can anyone thats unlocked Bane's bio tell me what it says and/or anyone that has fought him tell me how he's presented in the game?

I've been curious about that since his file in AA said he had broken batman's back, but this is only five years before that an meant to be his first (?) appearance. Obviously Knightfall doesn't happen in this game but I wanna know how competent he seems I guess (like is that a realistic thing for him to do a year from then) and if he's on venom yet or not.

He's way up there with Knightfall Bane in terms of competence. He's certainly not just a mindless brute.

Yes, he's on Venom, but he's naturally huge too.

Unrelated to Bane:

I've still not seen ANYTHING to do with Deadshot or Shiva.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 26, 2013

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

LSD-25 posted:

I really like the idea of crime scene analysis but I wish it was a little more interactive even though I'm not sure how they'd accomplish that.

This is about the only area of Batman they haven't nailed yet; the detective part of him. Sort of like the films in that regard. Maybe they could also do more with the bat-planes, batmobile, bat copter, bat boat, bat cycle and poo poo but I'd rather see them adding the crime solving element into it. Then again, there really has never been a truly great detective oriented crime solving video game, at least that I'm aware of.

I ordered this game last night on Amazon and can't wait for it to arrive. gently caress the reviews. Even if it's just "more of the same", that's fine by me because I love the hell out of both of the other games. Spider-Man games should learn as much and learn to be as good as the PS2 classic from, what, loving 10 years ago?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

VogeGandire posted:

He's way up there with Knightfall Bane in terms of competence. He's certainly not just a mindless brute.

Yes, he's on Venom, but he's naturally huge too.

Awesome, that sounds wonderful.

Thanks.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Trickjaw posted:

Its well norty. If you use the subtitles, its clear whoever transcribed it is not equated with accentented pseudo cockney. I was watching a playthrough thats in progress, and its one of those typical jabbering sorts. Doesn;t look like he has played any Arkham titles, as he has no realisation that Batman uses stealth (I think he forgot Batman has detective vision). The last one I watched, he spent a long, embarrassing time trying to get to the Boiler deck fights after wildly flailing about and falling into water. I loved that he finally figured it out, and goes "Hey, Chris can do stuff!" as Batman walks through a door and Penguin cackles "What a wanker!"

I flailed wildly in that part, too. Mostly because two times I jumped towards the thing you're supposed to jump to but the game made me jump past it, so I just figured that wasn't the way to do it. It took me a while to figure out that no, the game just has really sloppy programming and you actually are supposed to jump on that beam.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Unrelated to Bane:

Haven't you uh, beaten the game?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Normal is too easy for me and I can't get past the very first group of goons on hard. I need in inbetween option dammit :argh:

This game is pretty cool so far though I'm kind of surprised it was given such bad reviews considering the franchise.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Haven't you uh, beaten the game?

Yup. Neither appear in the main story beyond being introduced at the beginning, and being present at meeting of all the assassins.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Yup. Neither appear in the main story beyond being introduced at the beginning, and being present at meeting of all the assassins.

Whelp do you think they are side content you haven't found yet, or DLC?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've just started getting into the game and finally hit the city proper. All of those riddler signal things popped up and i took care of the 10 of them but then nothing happened?

I noticed there were some more conventional riddler things scattered about but they aren't on the map. Like the previous games i'll presumably get a map at some point right?

Was something supposed to happen once i took care of those 10 signal things or have i jumped the gun a bit or something?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Whelp do you think they are side content you haven't found yet, or DLC?

100% sure they're just side missions I've not discovered yet.

Kin posted:

I've just started getting into the game and finally hit the city proper. All of those riddler signal things popped up and i took care of the 10 of them but then nothing happened?

I noticed there were some more conventional riddler things scattered about but they aren't on the map. Like the previous games i'll presumably get a map at some point right?

Was something supposed to happen once i took care of those 10 signal things or have i jumped the gun a bit or something?

Destroying the 10 uplinks per district is necessary to finish the Riddler storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyCastle
Jun 24, 2000

VogeGandire posted:

Unrelated to Bane:

As far as I can see they're side-missions. Shiva is easy to miss but you can get the mission after exiting the Merchands Bank by (slight spoiler, but I guess some people might miss it)following the sound of a crying baby past the cops that are waiting for you outside. The other one I got after I got out of the Steel Mill when Alfred called me up about it so I guess you can't really miss it.

• Locked thread