Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Another bug. I've got rank 4 in shadow vigilante, Freeflow focus claims to have unlocked but it's not. I want to play this, but some patch work is needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Did they change something else, then? I heard they shortened the counter timing. I really wonder why I'm getting frustrated so much more often in this game than in previous games. I'm really not enjoying the combat for some reason.

I'm not sure. I played the previous games and this and I'm not seeing a significant difference. I think it may be memory/muscle memory vs new things. I recall poeple saying similar things re: Arkham Asylum when AC first came out.

I really am wondering if the PC version has other problems which are not obvious because I'm seriously not seeing this on the PS3 version.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 26, 2013

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

This game has convinced me that I am a bad Batman. Also, that it has random little annoying bugs but nothing too huge (although that radio tower that you just cannot finish is loving annoying).

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I beat the game, and very much enjoyed it. Aside from the brunley tower I experienced no bugs. I think reviewers giving this a six to seven for lacking innovation are full of poo poo.

Post credits spoilers (this spoils none of the story for those curious): Holy gently caress suicide squad with Deathstroke spinoff/dlc, gently caress YES.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I prescribe a dirt bath and a diet of freshwater karp.
So wait, is the Bernley Penguine arms cache INSIDE the tower? Because that's the last one I need to get rid of.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think it's on top of it, because I can't seem to get up there.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah, that's what I figured, but there's no grapple points, nor a ladder. Very confused.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Looking at that video I posted earlier, the vent goes up to the roof. So yeah.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Yikes. On with the main story until it's patched, then.

Blunder bus
Jan 27, 2012

All aboard the Blunder Bus!
Apologies if I missed the answer to this anywhere. I checked the OP and the past few pages. Could anyone tell me what the best price for this is at the moment? I had pre-ordered the game but then cancelled it when they did a review embargo. However, as most of the reviews seem to be 'no great advances but if you liked the others you'll like this' that's good enough for me. The cheapest I'm aware of is:

Batman: Arkham Origins, PC – £22.50
Use the code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833

But when I go to GMG it's £30 now so I guess it's expired. Is anyone aware of anything else going? If not I guess I'll wait for a bit as I begrudge paying almost a tenner more just because I wanted to read a review first!

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

If I'm doing my currency conversion correctly, this one should be roughly £22.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1275-batman-arkham-origins

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mr.Citrus posted:

Post credits spoilers (this spoils none of the story for those curious): Holy gently caress suicide squad with Deathstroke spinoff/dlc, gently caress YES.

I'm not ashamed to admit I actually announced "OH MY GOD THAT'S AMANDA WALLER" out loud when that happened.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure. I played the previous games and this and I'm not seeing a significant difference. I think it may be memory/muscle memory vs new things. I recall poeple saying similar things re: Arkham Asylum when AC first came out.

I really am wondering if the PC version has other problems which are not obvious because I'm seriously not seeing this on the PS3 version.
I've noticed some slight timing differences coming from AC. Also, henchmen throwing attacks seem to cover much more distance, which is why sometimes they will nail you when in AC they'd just punch air.

A redirected aerial attack actually has a "ground pound" animation associated with it, so be careful not to use that too often. Again, unless you are attacking shield users anyway, you don't get invincibility frames. I actually liked the enforcer/armoured enforcer/venom user specials. Surprised when they charged you mid-special takedown or something you kept invincibility frames.

Martial artists and getting used to how/when to counter in AO are the only bits messing up my combat right now. gently caress martial artists sometimes, they just show up and my combo is at 0.

Did anyone else experience some janky camera snapping or anything once or twice?

Also there is a goddamn Batcave, why is it when I finish the story I have to continue being battle-damaged Batman?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Anyone had any luck unlocking the last six combat challenges?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For people that want to encounter Shiva here is how. Right after you first meet the Joker and leave the Bank from the front door there will be a fight with some swat guys and you should hear a baby crying investigate the sound and you will encounter Shiva.

qwertyasdf
Nov 11, 2003

I made a video that sums up most of my feelings on Arkham Origins.

http://youtu.be/P8OH44oqewg

qwertyasdf fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 26, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So finally beat the game. I enjoyed the story, it was nice to see Batman still a bit green and it shows. Also the story didn't feel over the place for once. As for the combat, yeah I really have to get used to not being able to interrupt my animations when I counter.

As for the impact counters, I seem to get them more when I have freeflow x12 and I notice the counter gives me x2, granted the animation isn't that different.

While the game felt the same, I thought it shined with the boss fights. Alot of them were fun and challenging and it didn't just felt very rehashed.

Well ok maybe one felt just a re-skinned fight.

spoiler regarding the rehash fight. Deadshot's fight really was basically Two Face v.s. Catwoman in AC. Granted he did have a drat laser which was nice considering as soon as you knock out a goon, get the gently caress moving or Deadshot notices immediately. Kinda nice of the devs for the fight to finish immediately once you save the hostage from deadshot. It was pretty hilarious because there were at least 3 goons, and they were like gently caress it he took down deadshot, let's run!

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 26, 2013

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Playing on PC. Killer Croc is not suppose to be able to turn invisible, correct? :stare:

At first I thought it was some retarded invincibility frames cause he'd flicker quickly, and then he just started straight up disappearing. Sorry if this has been brought up, searched thread for "invisible" but nothing came up.

Guess its time to update the drivers.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I miss the Riddles in each area, why aren't they there WB Montreal? :smith:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also for those interested in Deadshot his side mission happens after Copperheads when you get an SOS.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

I don't know I'm imagining things, but as I progress through the game I'm noticing something:

is it just me, or is Batman's voice slowly becoming more and more like Kevin Conroy's version of the character as you progress through the story? Like I'm at the point where I was almost convinced the voice actor had changed, it seems so similar... Even Alfred just made a comment about his voice, although I'm tired so I might be completely making this up? poo poo, I don't know.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Shockeh posted:

I miss the Riddles in each area, why aren't they there WB Montreal? :smith:

This is honestly what I miss most. I loved the riddles and references.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Playing on PC. Killer Croc is not suppose to be able to turn invisible, correct? :stare:

At first I thought it was some retarded invincibility frames cause he'd flicker quickly, and then he just started straight up disappearing. Sorry if this has been brought up, searched thread for "invisible" but nothing came up.

Guess its time to update the drivers.

Not your drivers, it's a bug. Wait till you have to climb ledges.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Huh, so, when do I unlock the ability to do these Glide VR things my Dark Knight Challenges want me to do? It's kind of amusing that everything else is at rank like 2 or 3, but my combat-focused DKC is already at like 10.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Trying to finish the Gotham Protector tree, and I cannot get a loving crime on the bridge. I had one super early in the game, but now, after spending two hours on the bridge / near the bridge in the nearby districts, nothing is coming up. Any ideas?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

TheJoker138 posted:

Not your drivers, it's a bug. Wait till you have to climb ledges.

Aw man

I just checked my drivers and there was indeed an update. I did a clean install and everything went according to plan for once (the last 3.14 nvidia drivers were hell, always needing me to restart or the components being "installed/installed/not installed"). I was feeling so lucky :(

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

For those of you stuck with the vent ledge bug: this works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw

It took me about fifteen minutes of trying, but eventually he flew up into the air and over the fence. Phew.

P.S.: turns out the Penguin Arms Cache is directly behind the tower. I thought it was somewhere on it.

Doctor Albatross fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 26, 2013

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I'm assuming that the snow on the ground thing is a PhysX/DX11 thing exclusive to the PC version? I absolutely love it.

Apart from the few release day bug that I assume will be patched out soon, I think the PC version is pretty good and looks/runs absolutely fantastic. I think the boss fights are hard but rewarding; the new enemy type and increase in use of knife and armor goons gives a new challenge to the free flow combat without changing the mechanics too much, also the remote Bat Claw is so much fun, no wonder 5 years on enemies have learned not to put exploding barrels in the combat areas.

Personally I feel that enough has changed to make this feel like a fairly different game to City.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

DarthBlingBling posted:

I'm assuming that the snow on the ground thing is a PhysX/DX11 thing exclusive to the PC version? I absolutely love it.

Yep, and it actually looks really good.

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
Where's the Penguin Arms cache on his boat? For the life of me I can't find it.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Doctor Albatross posted:

For those of you stuck with the vent ledge bug: this works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw

It took me about fifteen minutes of trying, but eventually he flew up into the air and over the fence. Phew.

Ditto - Worked for me after a bit of trying. Woo!

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Gonkish posted:

Yep, and it actually looks really good.

Yeah I know, I've got everything max out and think it's the best thing since Lara's hair got its own physics engine.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

DarthBlingBling posted:

Yeah I know, I've got everything max out and think it's the best thing since Lara's hair got its own physics engine.

"TressFX" was terrible and made Lara's hair look like poo poo, but AO's physx implementation is really quite impressive.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

"TressFX" was terrible and made Lara's hair look like poo poo, but AO's physx implementation is really quite impressive.

I know, my computer could barely run TressFX. Was just making a comparison to another game that had something very subtle be taken seriously by the game designers. I felt it was funny that my computer could handle everything else at max but not Lara's hair!

DarthBlingBling fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 26, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Granted I haven't played Arkham City in a while, but I completed New Game+ there with no sweat, but for some reason the fights in Hard on Origins is really kicking my rear end. I definitely feel slower this time around, I feel like I'm evading a whole lot more then I used to :/

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So, Deadshot: how do you get his sidequest to trigger? I've seen people saying that you get told about it after leaving the Steel Mill after beating Copperhead, but all that happened was Batman started tracking Electrocutioner. Nothing about Deadshot.

Great Enoch
Mar 23, 2011
edit: nvm, a reboot fixed it.

Great Enoch fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 26, 2013

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

IchGestalt posted:

Ditto - Worked for me after a bit of trying. Woo!

Oh hey, that works.

I know it was just a coincidence, but I still thought it was pretty funny that he picked now to start accusing me of cheating.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Stroth posted:

Oh hey, that works.

I know it was just a coincidence, but I still thought it was pretty funny that he picked now to start accusing me of cheating.

Yeah - I had the same thought at well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Silentgoldfish posted:

Where's the Penguin Arms cache on his boat? For the life of me I can't find it.

It's in a shipping crate hanging above the dip in the boat. You'll need to pull the doors off with the Batclaw.

• Locked thread