Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeez
May 28, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If you actually use the tools available to you you're insanely powerful in this compared to City. Aside from the Concussion Grenades being a crappy replacement for the Rec, almost everything you have is as good or better as your City counterpart. Shock Gloves + Double Takedown is so hilariously powerful that it invalidates massive amounts of any potential difficulty.

I don't have those yet, I'm more talking about the way, at least early in the game, whether or not you're gonna hit the enemies before they hit you is kind of a crap shoot. Maybe my play style doesn't suit this game as much as the others, but I feel closer to being overwhelmed more often, and I rarely manage to get through an encounter without getting hit at all. Don't get me wrong, though, I do think some people are being too harsh on the game overall and I'm really enjoying it in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I think you just need to be more vigilant with counters than you do in the others, because you cant fit in as many attacks without getting hit in this one.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Aaaand I don't think the predator rooms in the story mode repopulate. Just checked the Bank. But the rest of them are a real hell of a trek to get back there (or you can't revisit) and they probably don't. The ranking system makes sense to lock some upgrades behind it but maybe putting a certain order of them kinda restricts creativity if you want to go for them. Guess you might have to rely on NG+ to grind them out.

On the other hand I kinda liked that the skills were locked in a tree though, because in something like AC it made it way too easy to go for what you wanted, which was crits, freeflow, then roll in the xp for ending fights with a fucklarge multiplier. I felt like I needed bonus health before anything here.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
It seems like it. It's just kind of a bummer needing to change up something that's become somewhat reflexive from the other games.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Sober posted:

Aaaand I don't think the predator rooms in the story mode repopulate. Just checked the Bank. But the rest of them are a real hell of a trek to get back there (or you can't revisit) and they probably don't. The ranking system makes sense to lock some upgrades behind it but maybe putting a certain order of them kinda restricts creativity if you want to go for them. Guess you might have to rely on NG+ to grind them out.

On the other hand I kinda liked that the skills were locked in a tree though, because in something like AC it made it way too easy to go for what you wanted, which was crits, freeflow, then roll in the xp for ending fights with a fucklarge multiplier. I felt like I needed bonus health before anything here.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate that skills are locked in a tree now, and that you have to get a bunch of boring poo poo before you can unlock the stuff that you want. It's the most boring and least fun thing they could have possibly done with skills so of course they did it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sober posted:

I would be okay with the trees if they made sense, but for combat, both the Health upgrade trees are frontloaded ridiculously. You have to get max health before you can get anything else.

(I should note however that despite being in a tree, you can get some upgrades without leveling towards them. I got the Glue Grenade upgrades without touching the rest of the Predator stuff.)

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Someone please tell me a good spot to do the grapple accelerator takedown. I've been searching for an hour now to find a spot to get the award for doing one, and I can't find any henchmen near enough to a ledge to execute it. Beyond annoying.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Holy crap Joker reaveal was absolutely amazing. If you guys are dillydallying around and not progressing through the main story line, you need to, because it keeps getting better.

Also Babs is clearly a goon.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
So uh I went into this radio tower in the 2nd area of the map and disabled Enigma's poo poo.

Now he locked me in and batman won't crawl into the vent that's right above him. What the hell

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I would be okay with the trees if they made sense, but for combat, both the Health upgrade trees are frontloaded ridiculously. You have to get max health before you can get anything else.

(I should note however that despite being in a tree, you can get some upgrades without leveling towards them. I got the Glue Grenade upgrades without touching the rest of the Predator stuff.)
Yeah 3/4 bullet/combat health was a bit much though. Should've been maybe 2 health - blade takedown/multi-batarang - health upgrade #3 - critical counter/batswarm then maybe around it out there with #4 then continue the tree as is. Or move bullet health to the predator tree (and why is the conc detonator in the combat tree?)

Not sure why they locked the Dark Knight stuff down to ranks though, I feel like it'd be possible to make it through NG+ and IATN and still not finish all 4x 15/15, whereas all of those challenges in AC were just riddle challenges you could get to doing in any order.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like how I'm running into a bunch of "bad guys" who are calling Batman a facist power abusing thug and I'm like yep I totally agree with this, where is the make friends with this guy button please save me from myself.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm having fun with the game, completely ignoring the plot for now and just checking out the new Gotham they've built. But drat, you think that Riddler could've mentioned that the relay towers require certain gadgets to bypass. I sat in front of a gate trying to hit a switch for the longest time, only to realize that I'm probably missing the right tool for the job.

And I'm playing on my ps3, which has been having issues ever since GTA V. I'm getting a bit of pop-up and slowdown, which is manageable, but the game has crashed twice already and I haven't even really began to spend time on the major missions.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

Holy crap Joker reaveal was absolutely amazing. If you guys are dillydallying around and not progressing through the main story line, you need to, because it keeps getting better.

Agreed, I know pre-release a lot of people were getting upset by that but I thought the build up and the payoff was really cool.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Post-game traversal is a little annoying in the newer part of the map when it is literally snipers on every roof top.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So the other way to bypass the Burnsley tower is to just manually run the gently caress around Burnsley's ground level with Detective Vision on. Once you disable all of the relays the only reason to care about the bugged tower is to unlock Batwing access. :toot:

In other buggy game news, just had my first fatal error going after the 20 escaped Blackgate prisoners in Gordon's quest.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Sober posted:

Post-game traversal is a little annoying in the newer part of the map when it is literally snipers on every roof top.

I've pretty much avoided going into the diamond district for this reason. Doesn't help that snipers will spawn in randomly while nearby in areas. Was pretty surprised to land on a rooftop and have 2 snipers pop into existence.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Red Mundus posted:

I've pretty much avoided going into the diamond district for this reason. Doesn't help that snipers will spawn in randomly while nearby in areas. Was pretty surprised to land on a rooftop and have 2 snipers pop into existence.

I literally watched a new spawn drop from the sky onto their perch. Holy awkward coding, Batman!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I can't tell if I really like the multiplayer or really hate it. It's so close to being real good but I dunno. I feel like Batman is just a useless extra 99% of the time and ends up having no impact on the game. Except sometimes when they totally dominate and it's loving awesome as people are like OH NO ITS THE BATMAN!

Though constantly hearing THE BATMAN WAS KILLED GOOD JOB is really loving stupid. I feel like they should toss a smoke pellet and zip off if they get taken out rather then just die and respawn.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I got to play as Robin once, and went 10-1. I literally stood in one spot and just punched guys out as they ran at me! I felt very proud afterwards.

I really like the multiplayer. I think the batbros role is less of a 'let's win this' as much as it's a 'let's dick with the other players'.

I can't figure out how to kill Bane, though. He just walks through my gunfire and destroys me.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Multiplayer should've been co-op for both sides. One team needs to secure and protect areas while the heroes rain death from above.

Having the goons duke it out and then "oh look, Batman!" is just awkward.

Also for some reason I kick rear end while playing as Deathstroke but suck playing as Batman. I really wish Batman attacked faster. Deathstroke was a joy to play because of this. That and longer range.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Goddamn does this game crash a lot on my Xbox.

Communist Pie
Mar 11, 2007

...Robot!

THE CHORSE posted:

I'm pretty sure that it either has to be during an actual predator segment or that it at least has to be against an armed enemy. Unarmed ones just swing wildly and pop up the counter lightning bolts, but armed thugs are actually vulnerable to silent takedowns.

Yep, turned out it had to be against an armed guy during a predator segment, on random armed guys it does nothing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

Also for some reason I kick rear end while playing as Deathstroke but suck playing as Batman. I really wish Batman attacked faster. Deathstroke was a joy to play because of this. That and longer range.
I thought Deathstroke was just a Robin reskin? Or did they make him faster than Robin? Because Robin in AC was probably the slowest character in combat ever.

Communist Pie posted:

Yep, turned out it had to be against an armed guy during a predator segment, on random armed guys it does nothing.
Is it one of the Gotham Protector challenges? In the description it says you can use it on a regular dude with gun on a rooftop.

Sober fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 27, 2013

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

Anarky chat

If you stick around after you beat Anarky he'll start rambling about how he doesn't see people like Penguin or Sionis as the problem, just the byproduct of our society. I mean, he's kinda right, but you'd think putting that energy into going after them would do some good in the city instead of just going "yeah those murderous thugs are no big deal, it's Bruce Wayne that's the real problem!" :argh: He also goes from "Let me join forces with you Batman!" to "gently caress you Batman you're an rear end in a top hat" in the span of about 10 seconds so he's not all that right in the head.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Does anybody else have trouble getting into multiplayer games? Seems like 75% of the time the lobbies don't get more than half full for me.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I prescribe a dirt bath and a diet of freshwater karp.

washow posted:

So uh I went into this radio tower in the 2nd area of the map and disabled Enigma's poo poo.

Now he locked me in and batman won't crawl into the vent that's right above him. What the hell

Common bug. No way to do it at the moment.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

randombattle posted:

I can't tell if I really like the multiplayer or really hate it. It's so close to being real good but I dunno. I

That's pretty much everything Splash Damage does. Brink, for example, was so close to being amazing, but because it was so close and still managed to be a lovely experience, it made me hate it all the more.

It looks like they're really pushing MP this time around, too, the amount of multiplayer achievements seems really high for some reason.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

gannyGrabber posted:

Sweet pwnbox, Batman

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I think you just need to be more vigilant with counters than you do in the others, because you cant fit in as many attacks without getting hit in this one.

You can't cancel out of moves into a counter like in City either, and I've noticed that if you attack a guy who's already got spidey sense lines over his head, he will get priority on the hit every time. That keeps messing me up because it makes it a lot harder to get a combo started.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Doctor Albatross posted:

Common bug. No way to do it at the moment.

Well there is some physics glitch that launches you up in the air so you can get in from above the roof. Someone posted a video of it a page or two ago.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

You kinda need that health though because the game likes to throw a ridiculous number of enemies at you at pretty much every turn, which is my major criticism of the game. I mean, I thought things were starting to get tough in the mid-game, but then you get to the end-game and there's just tons and tons of bad guys with shields, guns, and all kinds of other bullshit that makes the whole experience a terrible slog. I guess the Shock Gauntlets are supposed to mitigate this somewhat, but I think I'd have preferred smaller enemy groups than having to counter until my "I Win" skill activates.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh man, I'm fighting Deadshot, and I am a bad Batman. I just loving realized that you can use the remote grapple thing to string dudes up from the gargoyles, and, bonus points, you can chuck a batarang at them after they've passed out to cut them down and re-use the gargoyle. I am a terrible Batman.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Gonkish posted:

Oh man, I'm fighting Deadshot, and I am a bad Batman. I just loving realized that you can use the remote grapple thing to string dudes up from the gargoyles, and, bonus points, you can chuck a batarang at them after they've passed out to cut them down and re-use the gargoyle. I am a terrible Batman.

I immediately got that upgrade and got the ammo increase for it, I love it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
...I've played the entire series up through this one, and I never realized you could cut people down to reuse the gargoyle. Which is sad, since most of my predator kills are from inverted takedowns.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Hashy posted:

Sweet pwnbox, Batman

She's not a goon, she's reddit.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
One complaint I did have about the game was that, although I didn't run into any of the really game-breaking glitches or bugs people are reporting, there were points where the framerate absolutely chugged. Any time a new area loaded and there was a lot going on (like a cutscene, or when I dropped out of fast travel), it would slow down to a crawl and skip a ton of frames. For example, every time I used fast travel, it'd get a half-second into the "Batman fires his grappling hook and grabs the plane", freeze (although the sound would continue), and then play the rest of the cutscene several seconds later, without sound (because that had already played). I was playing on PS3, if that helps.

CharlestonJew posted:

If you stick around after you beat Anarky he'll start rambling about how he doesn't see people like Penguin or Sionis as the problem, just the byproduct of our society. I mean, he's kinda right, but you'd think putting that energy into going after them would do some good in the city instead of just going "yeah those murderous thugs are no big deal, it's Bruce Wayne that's the real problem!" :argh: He also goes from "Let me join forces with you Batman!" to "gently caress you Batman you're an rear end in a top hat" in the span of about 10 seconds so he's not all that right in the head.

It is hilarious how long that monologue goes on. I didn't time it or anything because I was loving rolling but I seriously think he talks for two minutes straight while Batman stands there all "what is going on with this guy". Some good attention to canon there, since Anarky's entire gimmick can be boiled down to:

1) Cartoon anarchist
2) Might be Joker's kid? They're never really sure
3) Most importantly, never ever shuts up, ever

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

OK this is weird, I can't seem to find out how to disassemble weaponry in fights. Where the hell is it in any tree because fighting 8 guys with 5 shields and 3 knives is kind of annoying.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

doctor 7 posted:

OK this is weird, I can't seem to find out how to disassemble weaponry in fights. Where the hell is it in any tree because fighting 8 guys with 5 shields and 3 knives is kind of annoying.

It's part of a sidequest. Yes, it's dumb. No, I don't know why they did it like that.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

doctor 7 posted:

It's unlocked through one of the most wanted missions so it's in that section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

^^^^
Oh, well that's goddamned stupid.

doctor 7 posted:

I dunno, I don't see Disarm&Destroy in the combat tree anywhere, but it is listed in that one upgrade that lets you bank a special move. Maybe you need to enable that one to get it?

• Locked thread