Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drC2fA86Nc4

EYYYYYY!! MUST BE THE HONEY!!! :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
This commercial bugs me. Even if you think that their kids are supposed to be high school students instead of college or older like they look, what teenagers don't lock the door, set the alarm, and for god's sake, leave water running? And then the mom tells them to clean up for dinner... again, it's like the kids are supposed to be three or something. I get that teens might leave lights on, but water running, realllllly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFyMowdZld0

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I swear this commercial was from the late 90s or early 2000s when I saw it a few weeks ago.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Whenever I see that VistaPrint commercial and the guy who says "I'm always introducing myself, I'm always handing out business cards" I always follow it up in my head with "People know me as 'that rear end in a top hat who's always giving you his business card'."

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Those loving commercials with the lovely Microsoft tablets and an iPad talking drive me up the loving wall. Yes, Microsoft, there are no games on the iPad. It can only let you read books. You can't multitask on the iPad, and there is no word processing or spreadsheet stuff on it either.

And people wanna loving break dance with your tablet and its detachable keyboard.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
I like that their Surface 2 ads once again do nothing to differentiate the RT version from the Pro version. In fact they seem to be trying to intimate that there is only one and it does everything. The RT version (current model: Surface 2 since RT is a complete flop at this juncture and they want nothing to do with that branding anymore) only runs RT apps from the Windows store and is held down by the entire desktop install that is only there to run the free Office Home and Student that it comes with. Literally nothing else can make use of the desktop environment. Nothing. The Pro has the Wacom pen, not the RT as they seem to be trying to imply, and runs all your regular Windows programs and does not come with Office of any kind for free. Note that Home and Student cannot be used in a corporate setting without setting yourself up for fines out the nose. It's beautiful.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I shudder to think at the kind of dumb questions the people that answer Amazon Kindle "mayday" calls are going to get. It's a tablet, how are you going to gently caress it up besides physically damaging it?

I guess the upside is you can give one to your parents and tell them to push the button instead of calling you every time they want to read a book?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

I shudder to think at the kind of dumb questions the people that answer Amazon Kindle "mayday" calls are going to get. It's a tablet, how are you going to gently caress it up besides physically damaging it?

I guess the upside is you can give one to your parents and tell them to push the button instead of calling you every time they want to read a book?

I wonder how many dicks that the mayday support team sees per day. It's like corporate chatroulette.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW

vyst posted:

I wonder how many dicks that the mayday support team sees per day. It's like corporate chatroulette.

This was my very first thought when I saw this commercial, god I hope they can't actually see the people on the other end.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Those loving T-Mobile,
"Our son Jeremy is in Europe and using data! Go find him and kill him for us, please?" ads are driving me insane.

Every loving commercial break, I swear. And there's like 3 or 4 of them already!

Look, T-Mobile, you're the least evil cell company in the US. If you ever get service around here, I'd love to make use of your $30 unlimited data deal...but not if you keep airing these annoying as gently caress commercials!

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 28, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a Call of Duty: Ghosts commercial that has a little kid recounting his game and then there's a voice over stating that the game is rated Mature.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The commercial for the Internship that says that they're old school. That was Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson :cmon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

muscles like this? posted:

There's a Call of Duty: Ghosts commercial that has a little kid recounting his game and then there's a voice over stating that the game is rated Mature.

Those commercials are bullshit, there aren't any shrill nasal pitched thirteen year olds named spewing a bunch of racial slurs then :byodood: SKYLAR BACK OUT LET'S PLAY SEARCH, nor are there any shrill nasal late 20s/early 30 goons being racist "ironically".

Also gently caress every commercial with a ukulele soundtrack.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
There's a commercial out now for one of the big 3 pickup truck companies (I think it's Chevy) that cracks me up every time I see it. It's just a standard white dude going through a :smug: :smug: routine about how this truck is better, but at the end he says "...Second to nobody. And by nobody I mean Ford and Dodge."

Maybe I have the brand names mixed up, but I'm hoping someone who has watched an NFL game this year could confirm.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Blind Pineapple posted:

There's a commercial out now for one of the big 3 pickup truck companies (I think it's Chevy) that cracks me up every time I see it. It's just a standard white dude going through a :smug: :smug: routine about how this truck is better, but at the end he says "...Second to nobody. And by nobody I mean Ford and Dodge."

Maybe I have the brand names mixed up, but I'm hoping someone who has watched an NFL game this year could confirm.

No, either you're spot on or I'm mixing it up too. Every time I hear it I have to process it again and laugh because that's exactly what they say

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Blind Pineapple posted:

No, you're right. That commercial confuses me every time I see it because I always think "They're aware of what they're implying there, right?"

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it's a commercial for the Chevy Silverado, and the line is "Silverado is second to nobody in its class. And by nobody I mean Ram and Ford". I must see that commercial several times a weekend, and I still have no idea why they put that line in there :psyduck:

Edit: Found it. I guess they're trying to say that Ram and Ford don't have its "quiet cab" feature, but they're still name-dropping Ram and Ford as being in the same class or better.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 27, 2013

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
They're literally saying they're second to Ram and Ford, I guess just in quiet cab technology or something

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Are they trying to say "hey we're better than these dorks" because it sounds like they're saying "we're better than those dorks (except these dorks who are better than us)"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SpookyLizard posted:

Are they trying to say "hey we're better than these dorks" because it sounds like they're saying "we're better than those dorks (except these dorks who are better than us)"

I'm pretty sure it's the former, but a commercial where they just come out and say "We're #3!" is a pretty funny concept.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

raditts posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the former, but a commercial where they just come out and say "We're #3!" is a pretty funny concept.

Avis had a huge campaign where they admitted they were second to Hertz

The Merkinman fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 27, 2013

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Acura has an ad in which the narrator philosophizes, "Maybe it's called the beaten path...because it can be beaten." First, it's called the beaten path because it's already been beaten. Second, what are they saying? That an acura will work on paved roads?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ShaqDiesel posted:

Acura has an ad in which the narrator philosophizes, "Maybe it's called the beaten path...because it can be beaten." First, it's called the beaten path because it's already been beaten. Second, what are they saying? That an acura will work on paved roads?

No, it's saying that your average car manufacturer (i.e. those who travel on the "beaten path") can be outdone (alternate meaning of "beaten.") Nobody should have had to tell you that.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

raditts posted:

No, it's saying that your average car manufacturer (i.e. those who travel on the "beaten path") can be outdone (alternate meaning of "beaten.") Nobody should have had to tell you that.

Ooohhh beaten as in...sigh. I need to take a few posts off :cripes:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I would rather watch all of these annoying as hell ads a hundred times each than see the Kellogg's Krave commercial one more time. The one where there's a hunk of chocolate going "Mommy?" in a cute little voice, evidently trying to find its mother, and then it discovers and gets devoured by a bunch of cereal.

As if that's not bad enough then you hear "Sweetie?" from off screen and the cereal goes ripping towards the momma chocolate, I guess.

Every time it just makes me sad, then mad. Why would you advertise your cereal with an awful story of a happy family being systematically separated from one another and devoured? :smith:

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Capn Beeb posted:

Those commercials are bullshit, there aren't any shrill nasal pitched thirteen year olds named spewing a bunch of racial slurs then :byodood: SKYLAR BACK OUT LET'S PLAY SEARCH, nor are there any shrill nasal late 20s/early 30 goons being racist "ironically".

Yeah, I keep thinking how amazing it would be if the guy starts describing how great the game is and then says "...and then a 13-year-old started screaming and calling me a human being and it really ruined my immersion."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Cobalt Chloride posted:

I would rather watch all of these annoying as hell ads a hundred times each than see the Kellogg's Krave commercial one more time. The one where there's a hunk of chocolate going "Mommy?" in a cute little voice, evidently trying to find its mother, and then it discovers and gets devoured by a bunch of cereal.

As if that's not bad enough then you hear "Sweetie?" from off screen and the cereal goes ripping towards the momma chocolate, I guess.

Every time it just makes me sad, then mad. Why would you advertise your cereal with an awful story of a happy family being systematically separated from one another and devoured? :smith:

Well, M&Ms have had a decades-long ad campaign centered around anthropomorphic candies and the humans that want to eat them alive so it's not without precedent, but it doesn't help that Krave is a pretty disgusting cereal.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

raditts posted:

Well, M&Ms have had a decades-long ad campaign centered around anthropomorphic candies and the humans that want to eat them alive so it's not without precedent, but it doesn't help that Krave is a pretty disgusting cereal.

The commercials make it look like big Cap'n Crunch pieces filled with baker's chocolate. Is that about right?

e: Also, on the subject of M&Ms, I've always loved they Christmas commercial where they find Santa, and he and Red M&M faint upon seeing each other. I've always thought it was really cute, and was a nice reprieve from other lovely Christmas commercials.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

raditts posted:

Difference is that the advertisers make you want to eat the red chocolate M&M out of spite.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SpacePig posted:

The commercials make it look like big Cap'n Crunch pieces filled with baker's chocolate. Is that about right?

No, it's got the texture of sawdust and the taste of crap.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The commercial for NBA 2K14 is annoying with the child-like singing. Not only is the singing annoying but the first game image with Lebron looking like he's getting a face is in a turbine irritates me.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

DrBouvenstein posted:

Those loving T-Mobile,
"Our son Jeremy is in Europe and using data! Go find him and kill him for us, please?" ads are driving me insane.

Every loving commercial break, I swear. And there's like 3 or 4 of them already!

Look, T-Mobile, you're the leave evil cell company in the US. If you ever get service around here, I'd love to make use of your $30 unlimited data deal...but not if you keep airing these annoying as gently caress commercials!

Jeremy and his family can all rot in Hell. I hate those commercials.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

SpookyLizard posted:

I'm sure the idea was just to casually call Ram and Ford "nobodies," but I don't see how anyone could watch it and think that's how it actually comes across, especially with the guy's smug, sarcastic tone. I've seen that commercial in the presence of a couple different people and their first reaction was the same double-take I did when I first saw it. Like, did he really just say this truck is actually worse in this regard than the two major competitors?

I thought the first Jeremy's parents T-mobile commercial where his mom was making GBS threads on him for posting food pics on instagram was kinda funny. Then they had the one where they sold his car to some dude, and it jumped the shark real quick. Sweet ride, bro!

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme

Retail Slave posted:

Jeremy and his family can all rot in Hell. I hate those commercials.

They have also added an online website catchjeremy.com, so that you, the viewer, can continue to stay updated to all of Jeremy's wacky shenanigans!

Like every other commercial that has a "see more of this lovely ad online" website, this is just stupid. No, I don't care that your dumb kid ran up a phone bill of over $13,000, nor do I sympathize with you.

The one with the parents selling his car to some douche vaguely reminds me of "Clockwork Orange" when the parents rented out his room, and treated the new guest more like a son than him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Nerdfest X posted:

The one with the parents selling his car to some douche vaguely reminds me of "Clockwork Orange" when the parents rented out his room, and treated the new guest more like a son than him.

Kinda hope there's a follow-up commercial to this one where Jeremy returns home and is subjected to the Ludovico Technique. But rather than weeding out violent thoughts, they're brainwashing him to use only T-Mobile products.

"I WAS CURED, ALRIGHT! VIDDY WELL, MY BRUDDAHS, VIDDY WELL, INDEED!"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I can't tell you the company or much else about the commercial, but it has some hipster douche talking to the camera about something and he actually says "you'll think it's hashtag delicious" unironically.

He does not reference twitter at any time during the commercial, nor does he say hashtag again, but the way he just so casually works it in there like it's no big deal really irks me for some reason.

Ad executives think that all you need to be hip and cool with the kids now is to throw a few hashtags around on the Twitter. If Twitter went away tomorrow I would not be sad. Hashtag.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rirse posted:

I swear this commercial was from the late 90s or early 2000s when I saw it a few weeks ago.

You're just confused because that's the last time that song was relevant.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Retail Slave posted:

I can't tell you the company or much else about the commercial, but it has some hipster douche talking to the camera about something and he actually says "you'll think it's hashtag delicious" unironically.

He does not reference twitter at any time during the commercial, nor does he say hashtag again, but the way he just so casually works it in there like it's no big deal really irks me for some reason.

Ad executives think that all you need to be hip and cool with the kids now is to throw a few hashtags around on the Twitter. If Twitter went away tomorrow I would not be sad. Hashtag.

Twitter is the worst thing to happen to the internet in the last 5 years at least.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

raditts posted:

Wait, so if I get an Acura it'll jack me off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

raditts posted:

Twitter is the worst thing to happen to the internet in the last 5 years at least.

Easily. My boyfriend was watching an Undercover Boss the other day where the CEO of Menchie's went to a farm and watched a cow give birth. Immediately #littlealan came up on the screen. It was a bull! It was gonna be turned into veal within the hour! Who actually cares enough to tweet about that!?