Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just fought Firefly: the cars on the bridge are huge, there seems to have been some scaling mistake, possibly due to the battle version of the bridge being based on the one in the open world, but I'm pretty sure it's been scaled for purpose. Batman can't even see into the window of acar he's stood next to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tegan and Sankara
May 4, 2009

Shockeh posted:

I can't get the 'Use the Sonic Batarang to lure into a takedown' - I use the Batarang to lure a guy into a place where I take him down, and it just never gives the challenge, What's the craic goons?

You might also be having the same issue I did--it's not made explicit that you have to do it three times to complete the challenge. If you go to the screen you'll see a "1/3" (or however many successful attempts you've made) in the top right hand corner.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Mr.Citrus posted:

What I mean is that it gives you completion once the challenge round is over. The medal doesn't show up mid fight, it gives it to you when the fight is all over.

But the medals do pop up in the corner as you complete them, and again, I'm not talking about challenge rooms.

Think I'm going to shelve this until the bugs are patched out, because now I'm just soured on the whole thing even though the story so far has been awesome. :smith:

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Kin posted:

edit: random PC Bug - Booting the game up for the first time today and all of my graphics options have been reset. Awesome!

I just had that today as well. Might be to do with daylight saving time in the UK as the clocks went back an hour last night. Has had a tendency to mess up other programs in the past

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Has anyone been able to trigger a crime in progress in Sheldon Park for the last Gotham Protector challenge? I've been flying around for 30 minutes and nothing.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

DarthBlingBling posted:

I just had that today as well. Might be to do with daylight saving time in the UK as the clocks went back an hour last night. Has had a tendency to mess up other programs in the past

Same issue. Not a big deal though. Also apparently I cleared that tower a lot of people are having issues with on PC without issue. Weird.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Just completed Origins. Its one of those games that falls just short of greatness because of its bugs and its weird design decisions. Most of my complaints with the combat could be solved simply by moving the camera out so I can actually see what is going on more clearly.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Erm is there a trick to getting the amusement mile tower? Looking at some youtube guide (urgh) it looks like when you use some glue thing and other poo poo the door magically opens, but when I glide down to the door it's just locked. I did get the voice comm taunt for it. Do I need some other magic gadgets inside? I'm only on the first mission of the game.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, totally missed opportunity to have Batman flip out on some dudes. In the cells of GCPD some inmates shouted "Ohhhh man you are fighting crime in your little costume. Mommy and Daddy must be sooooo proud.

But nothing happened.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I completely agree about the upgrade system. Not only does it force the player to get the extra armor WAY too early, but I had to fill out BOTH of the two "trees" that start with armor in order to be able to purchase the upgrade that allows you to use special stuff at x5 instead of x8.

And I'm supposed to now clear a predator room without using detective vision. And so I guess if I keep cocking up the predator rooms in the main story levels I could possibly end up unable to find the proper place to beat that challenge.

Eat a bag of dicks for that design choice, seriously.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Fuzz posted:

But the medals do pop up in the corner as you complete them, and again, I'm not talking about challenge rooms.

Think I'm going to shelve this until the bugs are patched out, because now I'm just soured on the whole thing even though the story so far has been awesome. :smith:

Every encounter in the game is graded. Some of the Dark Knight challenges will not pop until you finish off all the guys you're engaging and get graded. Not a challenge room thing.

CHUMPVILLE
Feb 25, 2006
YOUR FAVOURITE
Just got a "Corrupt Savegame" for this on my 360, many hours in. Terrific.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also: Why the hell is Critical Strike now a sidequest reward (and not an immediately available sidequest either)? That poo poo is loving essential.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Tegan and Sankara posted:

You guys talking about all the cool PhysX effects are making me jealous, I had to put the graphic settings on their lowest and then still go into the BMEngine.ini file and make some edits to get dealable framerate in the outside sections :( I knew I'd never get the best graphics on a laptop, but I could run City (and other games) without all that fuss. Has anyone else experienced massive FPS issues?
Yes. Whereas I can run AC on FXAA with DX11 and everything maxed (physX on normal) so that it runs perfectly smooth with no hiccups whatsoever, AO with the same settings gives me an FPS hit at every zoom and nearly every finishing move. Sometimes switching the crypto sequencer on slows everything down to a slideshow level.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

And I'm supposed to now clear a predator room without using detective vision. And so I guess if I keep cocking up the predator rooms in the main story levels I could possibly end up unable to find the proper place to beat that challenge.

You can actually do that just by find one or two guys in Gotham City standing around with a gun, I thought I wouldn't be able to get it but I just took one guy down and got the award for it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I have to say, maybe I'm just desensitized/ambivalent at this point, but I play with high PhysX and barely ever noticed its presence. I tried turning it off and on again just to see the difference, but nothing about it seems at all noteworthy to me. It ceases to be a point worth caring about after a few seconds.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I know I saw the answer way earlier in the thread, but can somebody tell me where to go for the main plot after deathstroke, right when you get anarky's side quest? All I have to go on is "Find Black Mask" and Alfred seemed like he was going to say something useful but his audio clip cut out for some reason mid sentence.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Deleuzionist posted:

Yes. Whereas I can run AC on FXAA with DX11 and everything maxed (physX on normal) so that it runs perfectly smooth with no hiccups whatsoever, AO with the same settings gives me an FPS hit at every zoom and nearly every finishing move. Sometimes switching the crypto sequencer on slows everything down to a slideshow level.

For me it's the exact opposite, and I think poor DX11 performance in AC was a common complaint.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

ethanol posted:

I know I saw the answer way earlier in the thread, but can somebody tell me where to go for the main plot after deathstroke, right when you get anarky's side quest? All I have to go on is "Find Black Mask" and Alfred seemed like he was going to say something useful but his audio clip cut out for some reason mid sentence.

Lacey Towers.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jokerfish posted:

I'm throwing this here in case anyone here has had issues with the WBID account linking and getting your bonus batsuit. I posted this in the steam forum but am just copy/pasting for sanity. It works on PS and XB versions as well!

SOLUTION FOUND for those who made or logged into a WBID account and never got an email or need to change the stored WBID login. I racked my brain since launching the game on thursday night trying to figure this out.

WBID covertly links your Steam/XBL/PSN profile to an account and their email autoresponses are buggy at best. Follow these steps:

Go to https://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/wbid/ and login with the account you made that is currently linked to your console/steam.

Go to the little gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and go to account settings. You may have to choose a new forum handle, so what.

UNLINK your system from your account. This is the only WB site that lets you do that. (???)

From here you can either take another shot at entering the same email in-game for another try at the autoresponse or simply create a new account at a new email address and use that one.

I created a new account with my Gmail email and was able to authenticate immediately, also relogging with my first account that never recieved the email worked upon the second try. (stay away from AOL and Hotmail accounts, people seem to be having the most issues with those.)

Good luck!

Thanks for this. I just unlinked everyone who linked with the goon account, so you guys should be good to go.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Beeez posted:

Lacey Towers.

FYI, on the map screen you can select your mission and make it set a waypoint marker for where you have to go. Main story markers should be on your hud by default as a green "!" anyway.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I cannot believe how loving good this game got by the end. What the hell, WB Montreal? These guys should be giving lessons on how to make "filler" games. :magical:

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I cannot believe how loving good this game got by the end. What the hell, WB Montreal? These guys should be giving lessons on how to make "filler" games. :magical:

I'm only about a third of the way through and am already tempted to call it much better than City. The story and general art direction are so. drat. good.

Tegan and Sankara
May 4, 2009

Beeez posted:

Lacey Towers.

I don't think this is marked in game and I spent quite a lot of time hunting around in Burnley, so more specifically: Lacey Towers is in Coventry, south of the fast travel point. There's some cop cars and an ambulance on the east side of the building, and some cops on the top of a building to the west, who you have to defeat to prompt the entrance into the building.

Communist Pie
Mar 11, 2007

...Robot!

Sober posted:

Is it one of the Gotham Protector challenges? In the description it says you can use it on a regular dude with gun on a rooftop.

By "regular" guys I mean the ones that stand around in random places in the world (who happen to have guns). The takedown only works on the "patrol-ly" bad guys, who are in levels or on some roofs (I did it on the roof of the GCPD before a mission).

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It's happening! I think I'm finally getting a hang of combat in hard, I'm pretty sure when I can see goons attacking and I know their pattern enough to know when I have time to hit a strike or just throw a quick batarang and then evade. Just like in City though I'm having a slight issue working explosive gel into it, always feels like it's a toss between working or destroying my combo for no particular reason.

Also I'm about to unlock Critical Strikes, watch out criminals :c00l: Feeling a lot better about I Am The Night mode, with New Game+ to really work on the muscle memory.

AllLuckySevens
Oct 15, 2012
So this is odd. The Darkest Night and Noel costumes from the season pass are now available to me in single player, and ALL of the season pass costumes are unlocked in multiplayer. Is this normal?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

DrNutt posted:

Every encounter in the game is graded. Some of the Dark Knight challenges will not pop until you finish off all the guys you're engaging and get graded. Not a challenge room thing.

Yeah, and? What, are you thinking I'm swooping down there, beating down some heavy guy, then going, "Nope!" and ziplining away before beating the everliving poo poo out of every other guy?

I really don't get what point you're trying to make with this comment unless you're explaining some esoteric game mechanic to a person that has never played this game before.

From the lack of responses, looks like I'm the only one having issues with this one. I bet my game is bugged. :sigh:

Edit: had my posters mixed up, apologies for tone!

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 27, 2013

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Tegan and Sankara posted:

I don't think this is marked in game and I spent quite a lot of time hunting around in Burnley, so more specifically: Lacey Towers is in Coventry, south of the fast travel point. There's some cop cars and an ambulance on the east side of the building, and some cops on the top of a building to the west, who you have to defeat to prompt the entrance into the building.

Yeah, I just didn't remember where Lacey Towers was and I thought I could help slightly at least.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I don't remember Arkham Asylum being this bad (I never played City) but Origins feels almost like a rail shooter. Other than punching bad guys I'm just being herded from point A to point B via ceiling ducts and ridiculously out-of-place trap doors.

I mean, I'm having fun...I guess. I just don't really feel like I'm playing Batman so much as a cosplayer wandering through a fun house.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Hakkesshu posted:

Has anyone been able to trigger a crime in progress in Sheldon Park for the last Gotham Protector challenge? I've been flying around for 30 minutes and nothing.

I'd like to know this too, and the one for Gotham Pioneers Bridge, if anyone has reliably . Sometimes in Sheldon Park, I get a little too close to the Bowery and a crime triggers over there.

I noticed this workaround for the Burnley Tower. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw I managed to get it this way after a while, though I think you have to have PhysX turned on

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Oh Alfred, I love you.

Alfred:You know sir, when one finds himself on the opposite side of the law, a reassessment is in order.
Batman:You're right, someone needs to clean up the corruption in the GCPD!
Alfred:That's... not what I meant.:smith:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Esroc posted:

I don't remember Arkham Asylum being this bad (I never played City) but Origins feels almost like a rail shooter. Other than punching bad guys I'm just being herded from point A to point B via ceiling ducts and ridiculously out-of-place trap doors.

I mean, I'm having fun...I guess. I just don't really feel like I'm playing Batman so much as a cosplayer wandering through a fun house.

Asylum is easily the most linear of the three.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Sesq posted:

I'd like to know this too, and the one for Gotham Pioneers Bridge, if anyone has reliably . Sometimes in Sheldon Park, I get a little too close to the Bowery and a crime triggers over there.

I noticed this workaround for the Burnley Tower. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw I managed to get it this way after a while, though I think you have to have PhysX turned on

Is this required? I haven't gone near the tower because I wasn't sure if it was a progress breaking bug. Like does it happen on the PC version 100% of the time?

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Same issue. Not a big deal though. Also apparently I cleared that tower a lot of people are having issues with on PC without issue. Weird.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, and? What, are you thinking I'm swooping down there, beating down some heavy guy, then going, "Nope!" and ziplining away before beating the everliving poo poo out of every other guy?

I really don't get what point you're trying to make with this comment unless you're explaining some esoteric game mechanic to a person that has never played this game before.

From the lack of responses, looks like I'm the only one having issues with this one. I bet my game is bugged. :sigh:

Edit: had my posters mixed up, apologies for tone!

Sorry, I was just trying to clarify (what I think) the other guy was trying to say. I got frustrated a few times by challenges I didn't think registered until I took out some random mook, and the number stuff had a chance to go. As to that particular challenge, I have it completed so you can at least know that if it's bugged, it's on your end and not a big affecting everyone. Not sure if that makes you feel better or worse but there it is.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kin posted:

Is this required? I haven't gone near the tower because I wasn't sure if it was a progress breaking bug. Like does it happen on the PC version 100% of the time?
Yep, every time on every hardware configuration. It makes me think it was some kind of copy protection thing that's not playing nice with Steam or something.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Speaking of Burnley Towers, does anybody know if you can 100% Enigma's Most Wanted side mission without doing it? I found all the comm relays without it but I haven't quite finished picking up all the Extortion Data packets so I'm not sure yet if it's going to stop me from punching Edward.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Man, gently caress all the reviews, that Joker/Bat/Harley falling for each other scene was loving great. That is exactly how that origin scene should have been done in video game form.

e: I am never going to get the Worst Nightmare path finished. :smith: Or the Shadow Vigilante one either to be honest, the r15 challenge seems daunting.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 27, 2013

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

DarthBlingBling posted:

For me it's the exact opposite, and I think poor DX11 performance in AC was a common complaint.

Yes, I remember my first playthrough with AC being with DX9 due to poor DX11 performance especially with panning, but a fanmade patch that enabled FXAA for DX11 and possibly some post-release patching made my last playthrough about 6 months back sweet as I got awesome FPS through and through. In AO it's noticeable how everything else is smooth sailing but when the camera starts to move on its own I take a massive FPS hit.

Hakkesshu posted:

I have to say, maybe I'm just desensitized/ambivalent at this point, but I play with high PhysX and barely ever noticed its presence. I tried turning it off and on again just to see the difference, but nothing about it seems at all noteworthy to me. It ceases to be a point worth caring about after a few seconds.
Look closer. With PhysX disabled the snow on the ground is a flat simple texture that has a definite last-gen-console feel to it.

Deleuzionist fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yep, every time on every hardware configuration. It makes me think it was some kind of copy protection thing that's not playing nice with Steam or something.

Definitely a possibility. Is the detective mode whine/hum another one? Some people have complained about the noise, but I don't hear a single thing running around in it. Makes it sound like they are running pirated copies.

• Locked thread