Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm missing one Most Wanted file, I dunno what it's even meant to be.

So far I have, in order:

Enigma
Anarky
Penguin
Deadshot
Mad Hatter
Bird
????? The mystery one.
Shiva
Black Mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
^^ I think that one only pops up in the postgame.

Narcissus1916 posted:

And I'm supposed to now clear a predator room without using detective vision. And so I guess if I keep cocking up the predator rooms in the main story levels I could possibly end up unable to find the proper place to beat that challenge.

Just clear a rooftop of gunmen, it'll count.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.
So in an ironic twist on the Burnley tower bug apparently I was supposed to zipline through that window but since I already had the range amplifier I hacked it from outside. Now instead of being stuck inside like everyone else I'm stuck outside.

The best part is that this isn't even a bug, it's just lack of testing! Guess I'll try that physics glitch.

Now I'll never know...

RadicalWall fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 27, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Stroth posted:

^^ I think that one only pops up in the postgame.

Yes, a lot of us know that already. The problem is not everyone is getting it in the postgame.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rookersh posted:

Man, gently caress all the reviews, that Joker/Bat/Harley falling for each other scene was loving great. That is exactly how that origin scene should have been done in video game form.

e: I am never going to get the Worst Nightmare path finished. :smith: Or the Shadow Vigilante one either to be honest, the r15 challenge seems daunting.

I got the Rank 15 Shadow Vigilante Challenge completely by accident, it might be bugged since I didn't even have the Disarm and Destroy Takedown move yet. Unless attacks with the Shock Gloves count as different variations or something.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Two questions.

1. Enigma Pack, Diamond District in the south end on top of a building with 3 snipers on it. There's a locked pack. With the pack there are three switches to hit with batarangs. Then there are 3 switches right next to them behind a cage that has an open door. But you have to step on a pressure pad to activate the switches, but it only gives you like 4 seconds to hit all six. The first three are easy, but the three behind the partially closed cage? Any help?

2. I'm working on completing the Riddler's stuff to close out his Most Wanted Page, but I'm confused. I've done almost every other Criminal's Most Wanted page but Riddler's, but there's still a locked Criminal that I'm assuming I haven't encountered. But I've beaten the story and completed everything for everyone else but the Riddler. Any help here? EDIT: Oh I didn't refresh the page in the past hour or so and noticed some people are having the same problem as me.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yes, a lot of us know that already. The problem is not everyone is getting it in the postgame.

I'm in post game and it hasn't shown up for me either. Who is it anyhow?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, I'm IN the post-game. Hell, I've finished every other Most Wanted, bar Riddler.

God, as good as this game is, someone needs to take a bat to the knees of the entire QA team.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elfface posted:

Ok, reading through the last few pages... I'm kind of amazed so many people liked the Deathstroke fight. Was I missing out on a thing you can do in it, because for me it went:

1) A bit of melee until a counter prompt arrives
2) QTE!
3) A bit more melee, until DS gets too close to a wall
4) Staff-roll away from a wall
5) Repeat 1-4 until you've seen all the QTEs three times, and the staff roll even more
6) He's thrown a flash bomb! Hammer the counter button as he beats on you with his staff!
7) Repeat 1-4 until you've seen all the NEW QTEs three times, and the exact same staff roll even more
8) The exact same QTE as 6, but now DS is hatless
9) Repeat 1-4 for the New New QTEs
10) The exact same QTE as 6, but now DS is hatless AND has a sword.

And then it crashed and I had to do the fight all over again.

Yes, you failed to use any of your gadgets. His melee is also not a QTE, it's an extended counter prompt and functions exactly like the Martial Artists do later in the game. It is pressing a button at the right point but... so is most combat in most video games. It is identical to melee combat in regular fighting.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm getting close to the end now and goddamn there are snipers and gunmen everywhere. It feels like I'm in a fight for my life just getting from A to B, I just want to destroy the Network Relays dammit.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I Googled the post game one and I found a GameFAQs thread that says you need 6 completed Case Files and 6 stopped Crimes in Progress, but I have 8/9 Case Files done(and the achievement for doing all case files, WTF? Maybe that has something to do with it not triggering?) and I'm 99% sure I've done probably a dozen Crimes in Progress.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

ShimSham posted:

Two questions.

1. Enigma Pack, Diamond District in the south end on top of a building with 3 snipers on it. There's a locked pack. With the pack there are three switches to hit with batarangs. Then there are 3 switches right next to them behind a cage that has an open door. But you have to step on a pressure pad to activate the switches, but it only gives you like 4 seconds to hit all six. The first three are easy, but the three behind the partially closed cage? Any help?

Explosive gel will set off Riddler's switches too.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

CuwiKhons posted:

Explosive gel will set off Riddler's switches too.

Ah okay. Thanks.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Found the missing Most Wanted!

Finish all the Case Files to unlock it.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012

Falsey posted:

I'm playing on hard and this Bane fight is kicking my arse.

The turning circle on his charge is so drat tight and no matter how well you time your dodge it ends up depending entirely on whether some goon is standing next to you that you'll vault over and not get far enough away. Plus if you happen to get the venom animation when you're up against a wall he's basically guaranteed at least two free hits because you can't maneuver out of the spot in time.

Ugh.

Yeah, the mechanics of this fight are intensely stupid.

Also, "BIG BOSS CHARGES AT YOU, BETTER DODGE SIDEWAYS UNTIL HE STOPS" wasn't really that interesting of a boss fight mechanic 20 years ago, and putting it into a game in the year of our lord two thousand and thirteen ought to be a hanging offense. Honestly, this goes for "YOU FIGURED OUT HOW TO HURT THE BOSS, YOUR REWARD IS HAVING TO DO IT TWO MORE TIMES WITH NO MEANINGFUL VARIATION" as well.

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy
I must be the only ones that also didnt like the Deathstroke fight...just one giant QTE.

Any word yet on a patch for the PC version though?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

VogeGandire posted:

That's good to hear. I'm working on that now.

Sidenote: Fast travel is either nice and fast, or slow in the sense that it causes my game to crash and I have to restart my console.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Finally got a perfect predator encounter (The Royal Hotel). It felt sooo good.

Also, is it just me or does the music in predator encounters get progressively louder as you take more and more goons out? I was on the last goon in the lobby and all of a sudden the music was really loud and dramatic which fit in really well with how that last goon was feeling.

Also gently caress the Mad Hatter and his side mission.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ShimSham posted:

That's good to hear. I'm working on that now.

Sidenote: Fast travel is either nice and fast, or slow in the sense that it causes my game to crash and I have to restart my console.

Fast Travel takes like 10-15 seconds or so for me, and it's weird because Steam decided to install it on my SSD instead of my secondary drive like all the rest of my games, so you'd think it would be instant.

Either way, zooming out of the sky at 120 mph, slamming into the ground, and immediately beating the poo poo out of bad guys is as Batman as it loving comes. It never gets old for me.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Oh the funniest/weirdest thing was that the case files kinda bugged out the audio for me. At first it was the Bats' line saying "Alfred, contact the GCPD about the last case and forward my evidence."

The last one though, it didn't play the police radio intercept, so when I went to look up the case file, all it said was "Crime Alley: man and woman shot in crime alley with the same automatic, I knew them" and I was wondering if WBM was trying to mindfuck me or something (yeah I later realized Bruce's parents were probably shot with a revolver and not an automatic).

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
How do I use the alt costumes? is it like city where you have to beat it? There was at least a code you could put in in city to allow you to select them all from the beginning.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Full Battle Rattle posted:

How do I use the alt costumes? is it like city where you have to beat it? There was at least a code you could put in in city to allow you to select them all from the beginning.

If you head forward and to the right after going to the Batcave, right before the first set of stairs there's a switch to open the Batsuit chamber, and you can change outfits there.

Quick related question: I completed r15 of World's Greatest Detective and it says I unlocked something. What'd I get? I thought at first it might be a suit, but there's nothing new in the suit chamber.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Shockeh posted:

I can't get the 'Use the Sonic Batarang to lure into a takedown' - I use the Batarang to lure a guy into a place where I take him down, and it just never gives the challenge, What's the craic goons?

You have to do it three times (doesn't have to be in one encounter). It should say 0/3, or however many you've done so far.

e: Oops, didn't notice there was another page of posts and it was already answered.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 27, 2013

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

RadicalWall posted:

So in an ironic twist on the Burnley tower bug apparently I was supposed to zipline through that window but since I already had the range amplifier I hacked it from outside. Now instead of being stuck inside like everyone else I'm stuck outside.

The best part is that this isn't even a bug, it's just lack of testing! Guess I'll try that physics glitch.

Now I'll never know...

You don't even need the range amplifier. You can sit just outside the window and angle the camera in just the right way to hack the terminal.

I figure that it doesn't trigger it as complete until you walk out of the gate at the top though.

I restarted after i got locked outside though, i can only image that if you hit a save like that then you're going to be stuck and not able to complete the riddler stuff.

Edit: I also cant seem to lure anyone with the sonic baterang, i throw it and they just ignore it. Can i do these challenges in the challenge simulator or does it have to be out in the wild?

Oh yeah, earlier in the thread someone mentioned linking WB accounts to get extra costumes or whatever. What's the deal with that?

Kin fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 27, 2013

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Kin posted:

You don't even need the range amplifier. You can sit just outside the window and angle the camera in just the right way to hack the terminal.

I figure that it doesn't trigger it as complete until you walk out of the gate at the top though.

I restarted after i got locked outside though, i can only image that if you hit a save like that then you're going to be stuck and not able to complete the riddler stuff.

Nah, you can quick travel out and it remains hacked with the gate unlocked.

I have to say, this game is, by far, the glitchest Batman Arkham game yet.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
What is the big issue goons have with Mad Hatter? The area/side mission was short and pretty easy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ragequit posted:

What is the big issue goons have with Mad Hatter? The area/side mission was short and pretty easy.

I think the PC version is glitchy so that the boat doesn't work right. I had the same experience as you. It was basically just A Scarecrow boss fight again.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

ShimSham posted:

I'm in post game and it hasn't shown up for me either. Who is it anyhow?

Escaped Blackgate inmates.

Gordon will call you post-campaign and ask you to take care of something for him. It also has one of the most hilarious Batman/enemy dialogue exchanges in the entire game (you really shouldn't spoil it for yourself if you haven't done Gordon's thing yet, fair warning):

After you round up one of the Blackgate inmates and are interrogating him, he just starts giggling and sings.

Inmate: Jingle bells, (cough), heh heh, B-Batman smells (laugh)
Batman: NO. (knocks him out)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Full Battle Rattle posted:

NG+, go to the Batcave and use that panel on the floor by the Batwing, it pops up a little display case to switch suits.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Kin posted:

Edit: I also cant seem to lure anyone with the sonic baterang, i throw it and they just ignore it. Can i do these challenges in the challenge simulator or does it have to be out in the wild?

Oh yeah, earlier in the thread someone mentioned linking WB accounts to get extra costumes or whatever. What's the deal with that?

I did manage to get the physics bug and complete that tower, and it turns out its drat lucky I didnt go inside because for some reason all my fast travels are disabled. I'm starting to get worried I'll just fall out of the world somewhere and be stuck forever like a lot of people.

Also yeah for some reason some enemies just don't even respond to sonic batarangs they might only work in predator sections.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Solomonic posted:

If you head forward and to the right after going to the Batcave, right before the first set of stairs there's a switch to open the Batsuit chamber, and you can change outfits there.

Quick related question: I completed r15 of World's Greatest Detective and it says I unlocked something. What'd I get? I thought at first it might be a suit, but there's nothing new in the suit chamber.

I think you unlocked an achievement.

My guess at least. :shrug:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Solomonic posted:

Thanks! although you can't use them until you've beaten the game, apparently. drats.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
For those of you having trouble with Bane, don't dodge directly left or right. Dodge diagonally forward and left or right instead. It gives him no time to redirect his charge.

Having said that, it took me a few tries on Hard to beat him and is definitely one of the fights I look forward to least on I Am The Night. It's fun but the mechanics don't seem consistent enough to reliably beat him.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It might be because I played City with M+K and I'm playing this with a gamepad, but zipping around the city seems way more of a pain in the rear end this time around. There are way more ungrappleable structures around, including a couple of huge-rear end buildings that you have to go around instead of across for no discernible reason, and I am having trouble properly aiming at edges that *are* grappleable because unless I keep the right stick pushed all the way up all the time, the camera tries very hard to not let me see what I should grapple at next. Sigh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Megazver posted:

It might be because I played City with M+K and I'm playing this with a gamepad, but zipping around the city seems way more of a pain in the rear end this time around. There are way more ungrappleable structures around, including a couple of huge-rear end buildings that you have to go around instead of across for no discernible reason, and I am having trouble properly aiming at edges that *are* grappleable because unless I keep the right stick pushed all the way up all the time, the camera tries very hard to not let me see what I should grapple at next. Sigh.

No, there's really obviously less polish for grapple points in this game. The area it stands out most is the bridge (which I bet is the area you mean) where you're railroaded into either going around it or straight down the middle.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Megazver posted:

Yeah, the camera is a bit of a pain with gliding. I've never really understood the idea behind forcing a certain camera perspective when doing a certain thing in an open world game.

GTA/SR is the same in that it forces your camera back into a certain position unless you continually micromanage it.

It's glaringly odd in this game because when you're gliding, you're continually looking for the next ledge to keep the glide going, but for some reason the game wants you to be looking down and scowering the streets for another group of bat wielding thugs instead.

It's almost as if they went with thematic effect rather than function.

24kt.pastry
Sep 14, 2013
Having worked on Blackgate for Vita and 3DS at Armature for about 6 months, I have to say that I was disappointed with the mixed reviews. However, I can't really fault the reviewers since many of them brought up legitimate problems with the game. There was a lot that I wish I could've fixed or done better with the parts I worked on, but only being on the project for the final 6 months of development really hurt the chances of that happening.

Overall, I'm still glad it turned out as well as it did.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

I have: Dixon Docks Shooting, Burnley Hit and Run, Coventry Fire, Jezebel Plaza Fall, Crime Alley Shootings, Coventry Tower Deathtrap, Helicopter Crash and Lacey Towers Murders. Which am I missing and where do I find it? Is it Cyrus Pinkney?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I have: Dixon Docks Shooting, Burnley Hit and Run, Coventry Fire, Jezebel Plaza Fall, Crime Alley Shootings, Coventry Tower Deathtrap, Helicopter Crash and Lacey Towers Murders. Which am I missing and where do I find it? Is it Cyrus Pinkney?

I had the last Most Wanted criminal activate after I defeated the suspect from the Crime Alley Shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just keep doing them, you unlock a few by finishing certain ones.

Also, I didn't realize Finishing Riddler's Most Wanted involves finding ALL the datapacks. This is gonna take a while.

• Locked thread