Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Spangly A posted:

When the season is over it'd be cool to award "worst striker ever who is still better than Jozy".

Who would you all pick? There's some real poo poo gems that have played. Afonso Alves was bad, for example. Marlon Harewood got double figures once.

Shola. At least he could score in derby matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

On that showing I'm not sure the Geordie Nation would qualify from CONCACAF if it was an actual nation with flags and laws and everything. I definitely tip Big Joze to score in the return fixture.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Do you tip him to score in any other matches after spending £8m on him?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

thanks for this, was getting a bit confused with the numbers

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vaginal culture posted:

Any Gifs of the Jozy assist for us west coast sleep havers?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

wow that's an awful touch

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I'm disappointed that my prediction of zero goals, zero assists has been foiled

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I think he got in the way of the ball on accident

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hahaha

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Hmm Ive studied the movement of the ball, and it looks to me like the deftness of Jozy's touch and the spin he puts on was instrumental in allowing Borini to set up such a sharp outswinging finish. Also it was lovely to see the team celebrate like they did against their big club derby rivals. Twice I saw Jozy get in amongst the Mackem faithful, it was amazing.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Why was it amazing?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

holy poo poo

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Why was it amazing?

Because I love Jozy and really want to see my favourite club in the North East doing well. Ofc Id prefer it if he was scoring the goals, but a quality assist and MOTM performance is awesome all the same.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I knew there was something weird about gifman

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I'll definitely be tipping Jozy next time I'm up north. As an American I assume his pay is performance related so he must barely be getting by, poor lad. Just enough for a plane ticket to get the gently caress out of our league, mind.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Spangly A posted:

When the season is over it'd be cool to award "worst striker ever who is still better than Jozy".

Who would you all pick? There's some real poo poo gems that have played. Afonso Alves was bad, for example. Marlon Harewood got double figures once.

Clint Dempsey

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Scott Bakula posted:

gently caress Jozy and gently caress borini and gently caress sunderland imo

All very childish this imo

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Lol they win one match and suddenly all the mackems are back posting.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Would you rather Jozy had scored and brought USMNT fans into the fold as well?

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Lol they win one match and suddenly all the mackems are back posting.

well, not all of them

*shuts door on brap memorial*

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

80085 posted:

Clint Dempsey

Hey now, Dempsey scored tonight!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spangly A posted:

Ali Dia played striker.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

El Jebus posted:

Hey now, Dempsey scored tonight!

Let me check http://hasclintdempseyscoredyet.com/

Hot drat you're right.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

A great gif to show how assists are a completely worthless statistic

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

This man is paid to play professional football in the Premier League.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

its just some bloke in a Halloween costume

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

That is a proper poor touch. The ball's hardly moving at pace, he watches it all the way, then puts it miles out of his own reach.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NinjaSteve posted:

That is a proper poor touch. The ball's hardly moving at pace, he watches it all the way, then puts it miles out of his own reach.
and as a Carlton Cole Connoisseur, you (and I) would know!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

St Evan Echoes posted:

and as a Carlton Cole Connoisseur, you (and I) would know!

I will never forget Carlton's purple patch under Zola. There's a good footballer buried somewhere under the complete and utter inability to win a header.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

NinjaSteve posted:

I will never forget Carlton's purple patch under Zola. There's a good footballer buried somewhere under the complete and utter inability to win a header.

That Man U game where he made Vidic his bitch and kept shooting from 30 yards was just bizarre and I don't understand how someone can be so totally useless with so much ability

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jozy couldn't even score against Newcastle lol

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
The only chance he had was if he somehow found himself playing against Sunderland.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Scott Bakula posted:

Jozy couldn't even score against Newcastle lol

But he had a smashing assist, pure class

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its not the same since it was pure luck

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Scott Bakula posted:

Its not the same since it was pure luck

It's like the fine line between technology and magic. Who can really tell the difference?

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

If Jozy was a competent footballer then Sunderland wouldn't have won. Really makes you think.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Spangly A posted:

That Man U game where he made Vidic his bitch and kept shooting from 30 yards was just bizarre and I don't understand how someone can be so totally useless with so much ability

I was thinking about this in relation to Torres and I guess it surprises me how much mentality comes into it, as if the thing that sets out professionals from others so massively is mentality and mindset, perhaps more than ability or physical aspects at the very top. This sounds pretty silly to say by virtue of perhaps being a bit simplistic/obvious but I hope someone gets what I'm trying to say.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Jozy is a pudding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Paolo di Canio posted:

Jozy is a pudding the ball in the a goal

quote circa August 2013

• Locked thread