Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It also helps that they're committed to shorter seasons so there will be less "filler" episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Tortolia posted:

Sleepy Hollow is hilariously dumb fun, but the well done and silly kind of dumb instead of, say, the Blacklist.

Plus it already is lined up for two seasons so there's no need to wait six months to see if Fox is going to yank it early.
The contrast between Sleepy Hollow and The Blacklist is striking. Smart people writing a dumb show versus dumb people that think they are clever trying to write a smart show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

perhaps the ludicrous amounts of make-up she's plastering on now might also be obscuring her acting.

This is my only issue with the show this year. She doesn't even look like she's human any more and it's all cause she's wearing enough makeup for three strippers.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

Finally finished the first three seasons of Justified. Honestly, season 3 might be the weakest so far. Robert Quarles just doesn't stack up to Boyd or The Bennetts. It also felt like the plot was totally lost at certain points. Can't wait for season 4 to come out on Blu-Ray.

From what I've read the cast and crew all feel 3 was a weak season too. 4 is up there with 2 as one of the best, though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Has there been a worse name for a show than "Super Fun Night" in recent memory? My girlfriend got into it recently and the name makes me think it's some kind of Adventure Time spinoff/ripoff, not a show about actual adult humans.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Game of Thrones sounds like a bad game show hosted by Jonathan Ross.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

C-Euro posted:

Has there been a worse name for a show than "Super Fun Night" in recent memory? My girlfriend got into it recently and the name makes me think it's some kind of Adventure Time spinoff/ripoff, not a show about actual adult humans.

ABC has a thing for sitcoms with bad names.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

C-Euro posted:

Has there been a worse name for a show than "Super Fun Night" in recent memory?

Half the shows on Adult Swim from the past decade?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
There should be a thread for people who try to surmise what a show is about based on the title.

"Happy Endings" is probably either about couples having a hard time or "massagists".

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've actually never seen the show myself, but NTSF:SD:SUV:: has the best name of any show and I laugh every time I see I preview for it and hear that name being spoken.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ufarn posted:

There should be a thread for people who try to surmise what a show is about based on the title.

"Happy Endings" is probably either about couples having a hard time or "massagists".

I would be happy if there was a thread like this. We need more fun threads not about specific shows in TV IV. I was actually just saying that to someone else.

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013
"Doctor Who" a comedy game show where terminally ill patients have to guess which doctor is performing life-saving surgery on them before the surgery is completed, if they guess correctly the show pays for the procedure.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I would be happy if there was a thread like this. We need more fun threads not about specific shows in TV IV. I was actually just saying that to someone else.
Someone light the Das Boo signal.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've actually never seen the show myself, but NTSF:SD:SUV:: has the best name of any show and I laugh every time I see I preview for it and hear that name being spoken.

It's definitely as funny as the name is, but it takes a bit into the first season to hit a groove that hasn't stopped yet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Azure_Horizon posted:

It's definitely as funny as the name is, but it takes a bit into the first season to hit a groove that hasn't stopped yet.
I should probably check it out one of these days, considering I listen to every episode of Paul Scheer & June Diane Raphael's How Did This Get Made podcast.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sons of Anarchy: A documentary series following the descendants of famous 60s radicals as they continue their parents' legacy by participating in Food Not Bombs, Occupy movements, and attend Burning Man festivals.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Deadpool posted:

Sure, why not?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Every British old-person detective drama? "A Touch of Frost" oh ho ho.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

precision posted:

Sons of Anarchy: A documentary series following the descendants of famous 60s radicals as they continue their parents' legacy by participating in Food Not Bombs, Occupy movements, and attend Burning Man festivals.
No joke, I actually originally thought it was about an Irish group like the IRA.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I have to jump in and correct the record because season three of Justified owns bones. Quarles is, as others have said, a delightful brand of unpredictable sociopathy, and the four-way chess match between the various factions in Harlan is ridiculously fun.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I loved the hell out of S3 of Justified too. There were just so many great moments and Neal McDonough just loving kills it, "big stupid baby head" and all.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nothing will ever top Wynn Duffy's various JESUS CCCCCCCCCCHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTs in the s3 finale, also.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really liked season 3 of Justified, guys! I'd just call it weak compared to 2 and 4. It does feel like they panicked with not knowing how to follow up Mags Bennett so they crammed as many villains in as possible.

Actually I just remembered how it ended and I really liked that so maybe I'm just letting some Walton Goggins quotes influence my opinion too much.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I've been enjoying The Good Wife lately. It's a good mix of comedy and drama with a nice balance of episodic and serial elements. Alan Cumming and Archie Panjabi kill it in every scene they're in. It's surprisingly good television which I didn't expect from a pedestrian legal drama setting. I recommend anyone who hasn't already check it out

Is there a thread for it? It's on tonight but I don't see one pinned.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

C-Euro posted:

I thought "Bunheads" was a pretty terrible name. I guess Super Fun Night having a terrible name is appropriate since it's also a terrible show.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

-Blackadder- posted:

I've been enjoying The Good Wife lately. It's a good mix of comedy and drama with a nice balance of episodic and serial elements. Alan Cumming and Archie Panjabi kill it in every scene they're in. It's surprisingly good television which I didn't expect from a pedestrian legal drama setting. I recommend anyone who hasn't already check it out

Is there a thread for it? It's on tonight but I don't see one pinned.

There is one, but this show always gets overlooked. Everyone should watch it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572446

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I should probably check it out one of these days, considering I listen to every episode of Paul Scheer & June Diane Raphael's How Did This Get Made podcast.

I don't know if you'll love it. But you'll like it a lot. As it's been said, it takes a few for the show to hit it's stride.

Watched the latest 3 episodes of Brooklyn 99. It's decent. Not amazing... but solid. I really like the cast. While I haven't seen the other episodes- something like "Halloween" was necessary to show that Andy Samberg's is not a complete idiot.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

C-Euro posted:

I actually got to preview that (I do a lot of surveys and get to see the odd pilot). Predictably, they didn't listen to my doomsaying about the title :argh:

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I'm watching tonight's episode of The Good Wife with my parents and it's making me wonder why I ever stopped watching the show.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Terriers sound like some dumb slapstick sitcom centered around a family and their many dogs. I'm surprised it even found an audience with a name like.... oh :(

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Better off Ted got two seasons! Two incredibly glorious seasons...but it's gone now, and now I'm sad.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Jingleheimer posted:

Better off Ted got two seasons! Two incredibly glorious seasons...but it's gone now, and now I'm sad.

It had me at "'The Art of War'? I don't want to read this." "Trust me, your enemies are reading it."

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
New thread: Guess the show based on the quote!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

More people should watch The Good Wife. The latest episode was really fun.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

raditts posted:

I thought "Bunheads" was a pretty terrible name. I guess Super Fun Night having a terrible name is appropriate since it's also a terrible show.

I loved Bunheads but yes, that name was terrible. Same for Gilmore Girls.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Was the Toy Story Halloween special any good?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Tortolia posted:

Sleepy Hollow is hilariously dumb fun, but the well done and silly kind of dumb instead of, say, the Blacklist.

If a headless monster dressed in a revolutionary war uniform toting an M16 is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Josh Lyman posted:

Was the Toy Story Halloween special any good?

I liked it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Someone made a show that's better than Homeland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zL106SGZ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ufarn posted:

Someone made a show that's better than Homeland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zL106SGZ8

This is great.

HBO just released the second trailer for True Detectives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roiKrE5KLbk

Basically, OMG this show looks loving amazing. Also I think that's Russel from True Blood as a revival tent preacher :swoon:

• Locked thread