Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
1. D+F Start out solemnly, and talk about how El watched over us...and then after a beat, ruffle Snarl's head and say he was there too, after all!

2. N Meeting Azzazel has raised many questions, and I for one want answers. Besides, we need to pass on Azzazel's message for him.

Also, Ask Jalitha if she's alright, how she's been since we've left, and if anything of note happened in the city while we were gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

1. I. Tell her her prayers kept us safe. May as well try to make her feel nice.

2. N P Not enough time to talk to Ish, and Barkof is someone we might actually be able to smooth things over a little with.

How was everyone while we were gone?

Will you make us seaweed cakes?

Mother, now that we are a man will you tell us of your past? And who our father is?

EDIT Another question: Now that we are a man it's our turn to take care of you; is there anything we anything we can do to improve your life?

EDIT EDIT: Changed by vote from Ishamal to Barkof. We can have a long talk with Ish later, there's not really time now. It's probably more important to start smoothing things over with the people irked by our adoption then to high-five Ishamal just now.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 28, 2013

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. D + F. We hug her, tell El was watching over us. But Snarls kept us safe because he's a good dog.

2. M and then U.

"How have you been? How is Keza treating you? I'm free now! Do you still want to stay here in Zepath? We can leave and go anywhere you want."

Lanky Coconut Tree fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 28, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Edited U to add one more option in, pushed up "fill in" for #2 to V, no one picked either yet.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1: D/F
2: R

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I have no idea how to do this and am not optimistic about it working, but we should at least try. Even if it fails, we get to feel more justified about punching Lullaya's face in again later.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. C. "The King killed how many monsters on the journey from Athar? 4000? Or was it only 3000?"

2. J. Azzazzel kept going "You want to party? We could party." I want to party. fake edit: J & U. Attend the party, attend to spend time with mom there.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D Q

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Diogines posted:

"We are brothers now!" Danal says in an excited tone as he hugs you, you hug him back just as hard "You have always been my brother!" you say back. "Go join the party, I will be there soon."

Your offering still burns. The temple is emptying as the crowd goes to Tudiya's home, the priests stay to tend their duties.

You set off to find your mother.

No.

No.

NO!

No no no.... you... you are too late...

...too late...

...just... too late, perhaps if you were only a few days quicker...

You bastard!:arghfist::mad:

1. F It was all Snarls.

Also, I'd like to apologise for not spending much time with her and promise to stop by a bit more often.
I don't think this is the time to start grilling her about our origins, so I'll leave it at that for now.

As for our next step, while I've mentioned I think we need to deal with Lullaya fairly soon, let's catch up with Ishmael next. I think we need to learn a bit more about Azz and the other things we encountered
Lock in 2.N

Rahul fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 28, 2013

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. D
2. J

Mom consoled. I think mom could use a drink too. It's booze o' clock, so let's go get smashed at the party.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
1: F. Tell her it's true, but it was no worry, Snarls knew what was up.
2: M. Don't know if Zeb will be at the party, so now would be the time to talk to him while he's tending the temple. Want to ask him, in a round about way, if there are any stories about Melachim who left El's service, or had a particular fondness for goats and ugly terrain.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Changing my vote to 1D2R.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Isn't this the perfect time to ask her about our birth? We're a man now. Plus a GOD DAMNED ANGEL laughed in our face when we asked him about it. And the price he set for that answer was exorbitant, if I'm remembering correctly.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. F - "Not at all. Hells, one look at my strong friend Snarls, and most of the monsters went running AWAY from us."
2. N - Let's go talk to Ishamal, we can tell him about Azz, and he can tell us if we need to worry about Lullaya/Barkof and how to deal with them.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1. F
2. N

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
1 C
2 N

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. A
2. J

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
1. C. This is the truth. At least a kind of truth.

2. J. Go party! Stop being serious. We nearly died and now we can chill out a bit.

And at the party get stupidly drunk, slurring all kinds of cryptic bullshit at anyone who'll listen, half of it nonsense. Bump into Ishamal and slur "The goatman says 'hi'", to Naomi "You have prettier eyes than the eyescream, but not as many!", to random person "I saw a big fish.. a very, very big one." and so on.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Outrail posted:

1. C. This is the truth. At least a kind of truth.

2. J. Go party! Stop being serious. We nearly died and now we can chill out a bit.

And at the party get stupidly drunk, slurring all kinds of cryptic bullshit at anyone who'll listen, half of it nonsense. Bump into Ishamal and slur "The goatman says 'hi'", to Naomi "You have prettier eyes than the eyescream, but not as many!", to random person "I saw a big fish.. a very, very big one." and so on.

We're trying not to be the proto-goon here

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

Tomn posted:

1. D+F Start out solemnly, and talk about how El watched over us...and then after a beat, ruffle Snarl's head and say he was there too, after all!

2. N Meeting Azzazel has raised many questions, and I for one want answers. Besides, we need to pass on Azzazel's message for him.

Also, Ask Jalitha if she's alright, how she's been since we've left, and if anything of note happened in the city while we were gone.

my vote goes for this

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1.I. Go away, no really. I never needed you. You're cramping my style.

2.N. Ishamal knows whats up!

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
1. D
2. O

Having the entire upper class hate us is not good and we should really bury the hatchet with Lullaya.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I worry if we let our guard down poo poo will hit the fan. We need to discuss the crazy poo poo with Ishmael. Azz was alright in the end but his message was still criptic. "Enjoy his time while it lasts" or something to that effect. It might be a hint that this "storm" is coming soon and Ishmael might not even survive, based on Azz's words.

I can imagine this poo poo hitting Zepath as everyone is drunk and unguarded, at least talking things out before we party will make sure the big players are ready.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tomn posted:

My vote goes to this..

And yeah, our next priority after talking to Ishmael should be burying the hatchet with Lullya and his crew. He's a social climber, so he'll be at the party even though he hates us, so that'll be a good opportunity.

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010

Tomn posted:

This is the best plan.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tomn posted:

Switching to plan Tomn

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

1:F: Laughter is the best medicence.
2:L: Let's go bother our little bro! Parade him around the room on our shoulders, that sort of thing. We haven't been apart for this long in years!

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

Tomn posted:

This plan is the worst, it can't get us in trouble and it furthers the plot. SOOO BORING. Tomn's plan gets my vote.
We should also ask Ishamal advice on dealing with Lullaya, and what the hell Barkof's joke was.

Ask Mum, Did you get a sign or a feeling that I was ok? I prayed a little you wouldn't have to worry so mother.
I wanna see if there's any power in our mumbled half prayers, if they're at least heartfelt and earnest.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
For 1 i want to go with a mixture of C and D
Tell her that it wasn't as dangerous as we made it sound and El was watching over us the whole time.

For 2 i want to talk to Ishamal next. But can't we just speak to him at the party? Lets just go party. We can pass the greetings on in the middle of the festivities.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Question time will start getting answers soon, but voting is closed.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Question: Ask Jalitha if she wants a hug. If yes, give her one.
Question: Ask Jalitha if she wants a drink. If yes, give her one at the party. If no, give her one anyways.

We just survived an ordeal that only 2 living people have completed, and it looks like everyone has been giving our mom the impression that we were dead. We both need to unwind.

Booze time.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Enkidel!" as she pushes through and runs to you "Oh my son, my son!" tears stream down her face as she hugs you. "I... I... was so afraid!" She grips you tightly as she cries. You comfort her as best as you are able and lead her to a bench at the back of the temple. "I-" sob "I prayed for you every day. Is... is it all true?"

The temple is empty of the crowds now, a few priests mill about on the other end of the temple, seeing to their priestly duties and paying you no mind.

"You had nothing to worry about" you say "El was watching over me."

Your mother lets out another choked sob and tears stream down her face as she hugs you and leans her head on your shoulder. Her eyes have huge bags under them as if she has been crying and gone without sleep for days. Your mother is a wreck. You calm her down as best as you can and ask her a few questions.

quote:

Ask Jalitha if she's alright, how she's been since we've left, and if anything of note happened in the city while we were gone.
She lets out another sob, you try to comfort her. She tells you that Tudiya said you were left in the wilds and she did not need to fear, but that every though you were dead! Except Tudiya and Danal who stayed with her every day while you were gone and told her not to be afraid because you would return soon as a hero.

quote:

Will you make us seaweed cakes?
"All you want Sweetling!" Hug. Choked sob.

quote:

Mother, now that we are a man will you tell us of your past? And who our father is?
"What does it matter? All that matters is you are back."

quote:

Now that we are a man it's our turn to take care of you; is there anything we anything we can do to improve your life?
She tells you that all she wants is for you to stay safe.

quote:

I'm free now! Do you still want to stay here in Zepath? We can leave and go anywhere you want.
"Baitel is far, far away. This is our home now."

quote:

Did you get a sign or a feeling that I was ok? I prayed a little you wouldn't have to worry so mother.
She pulls your crying head off of her shoulder long enough to give you a confused look, then shake her head.

If I skipped your question and you do not feel the other answers addressed it, please ask again.

You want to go speak to Ishamal. You give your mother another hug and stand up, she lets out another sob and reaches out to pull you back. Your mother seems to be in an emotionally fragile state, what with her having thought you were dead for almost a month and very probably imagining all of the horrible ways you were eaten alive. She is vulnerable. Who could have foreseen that?

You...

A. Go find Ishamal as I wanted to. He probably has some really cool answers and can shed light on many of the strange mysteries I faced on my trial! And he can probably tell me about Azzazel! And Eyescream! My mom is just a servant cook and boring, spending time with her is not conducive to becoming the badass adventurer I want to be.

B. Say something meaningless to my mother to pretend I made her feel better and thus justify me abandoning her to go do what I want. I do not feel bad about it because I am a sociopath with stuff I got stuff to do!

C. Say something meaningless to my mother to pretend I made her feel better BUT I feel guilty about it. But not guilty enough to actually pick another option!

D. Leave Snarls to comfort mom and then ditch her to go find Ishamal. Snarls can totally handle this, he is a smart dog!

E. I have another plan which lets me abandon my parental obligations while not feeling bad about it! Fill in.

F. Let her hug you, sit back down and spend the night with her trying to console her and let her know that everything is alright because you are not a monster. You will miss out on the party and efforts to get cool information about Azzazel or Eyescream will be delayed.

G. [Removed]

H. Plan Sogol.

quote:

Ask Jalitha to stay and pray. This will comfort her, give us time to get grounded, has us get to our party fashionably late, sober while everyone else is drunk (useful for info and we can catch up) and honors us having been able to do something that apparently no one else does. It is also above reproach, though we might get ribbed for it by Ishamal or someone. Stay and pray until she seems to calm down a bit and then walk her to the party.
Diog commentary: She is pretty upset, having thought you dead but this is not entirely unfeasible.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 28, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Adding an H

Ask Jalitha to stay and pray. This will comfort her, give us time to get grounded, has us get to our party fashionably late, sober while everyone else is drunk (useful for info and we can catch up) and honors us having been able to do something that apparently no one else does. It is also above reproach, though we might get ribbed for it by Ishamal or someone. Stay and pray until she seems to calm down a bit and then walk her to the party.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
F.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Voting A.

:rolleyes:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

H. As per Sogol HOLD THE MOM. Also, spend a few minutes console her and tell her it is fine to cry tears of joy. Then work on getting her to come with us to the house party that is literally our house now. Stay with her the rest of the night and be thankful that we are both alive and well and favored by El. Celebrate tonight for El. Tomorrow we can talk to Ishamal.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 28, 2013

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Is there some reason we couldn't bring Jalitha to the party? Mothers typically like graduation-type parties?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
F.

Nooooooo. We are a bad son.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
The gently caress is this?

H: no, gently caress YOU dio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

falcon2424 posted:

Is there some reason we couldn't bring Jalitha to the party? Mothers typically like graduation-type parties?
You could certainly bring her to the party, though Ishamal won the vote, you could change your mind if you wanted. Your mother is an emotional wreck, she looks as if she has been crying and not sleeping for days, almost as if she was a woman who thought her son was eaten alive by wild animals and suddenly learned he was alive.

She is probably not in a partying mood but you could certainly try to cheer her up and bring her if you like.