Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

TheGreySpectre posted:

Well piss, there goes that plan. The ones on the ship do respawn but to my knowledge there are no vents or explosive walls there to do some of the exotic takedowns required. Do the grates in the floor count as vent takedowns or do you to use one of the wall vents?

I think you have to do it from a closed wall vent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Sober posted:

I do not remember either of these arenas to have vents. Grates on the ship deck, yeah.

How does the explosive gel takedown count if there isn't a wall though?

They walk over it and you set it off, so they go flying and get knocked out.

Still counts as a takedown.

I got that challenge done by blowing up gel on a corpse at least, so it doesn't seem to be very picky.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

GuyCastle posted:

Unless you're talking about another challenge, the hanging ledge takedown is one where you have to hang below whoever you want to take out, not the other way around.

Nope, the one where you're below a guy is a Ledge Takedown. A Hanging Ledge Takedown is one where you're above the guy you want to get, and I still have no loving clue how to trigger it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the upgrade menu supposed to randomly "flicker"(looks like it's going to a smaller window and back really fast) occasionally? It's pretty annoying.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?

RatHat posted:

Is the upgrade menu supposed to randomly "flicker"(looks like it's going to a smaller window and back really fast) occasionally? It's pretty annoying.

I don't think so. I never got this on the upgrade menu, I have gotten it off and on the when at the title screen menu.

CharlestonJew posted:

Nope, the one where you're below a guy is a Ledge Takedown. A Hanging Ledge Takedown is one where you're above the guy you want to get, and I still have no loving clue how to trigger it.

I don't even know where you would do that from. it seems like it most places if you were to hang they would see your feet and just shoot you. And that is if you can even get them to walk under you in the first place.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
So I take it the Deadshot mission is bugged on PC? I took him down and everything, and then nothing happened. So I left the bank. But the mission marker is still there. But if I go back in, it's just a room with no enemies and a cowering hostage who I can't interact with.

Same with one of the Riddler controlled towers? You need to grapple into a duct once you get locked in a room, but Batman just hangs there and won't crawl in.

MarioTeachesWiping fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 28, 2013

Tegan and Sankara
May 4, 2009

Deleuzionist posted:

In one of AC's Riddler's Challenge maps you have to do this same takedown and it's just about as much fun since there's just a few spots where you can do it nicely in that map. The best way to a hanging ledge takedown at least in AC is to be sitting on a rail that's above a doorway, then lure a thug to walk under you with a sonic batarang or whatever, and pray to whatever spirits you hold dear that the takedown prompt comes up.

edit: 0:30 into this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP13rE62v_0

edit2: I just had a stretch of pavement turn into water. Not visibly, but walking into it made Batman behave as if it was.

I did this in the first bank encounter and the mechanism works completely differently--standing on a rail doesn't trigger it, but standing on top of the roof of the booths did. Can't tell whether it's a bug or a gameplay change where they've redefined the meaning of 'ledge.'

For people who were complaining about the zoomed-in camera during combats, etc., I was looking for a solution for my framerate issue and this post seems to have a guide to increasing the field of view: http://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/792924952566179883/ Haven't tried it myself yet (the post doesn't mention it but when I've been editing the .ini file, I've found it important to reset the attribute of the file to 'read only' once you've edited it).

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I have access to: Blackest Night Batman and Batman One Million. Not any of the ones from the Season Pass.

How did you get these suits to appear in game? I logged in with my WBID, both on the site and the ps3, and got nothing.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Tips for the fight in the ship with the sword and bo-staff guy? I know you are not supposed to 'counter too early' but he only seems to go into that attack when I attack him, and most of the time I'm going for hit number 2 on a 2 hit combo and it gives me no chance to even counter. Even if I just stand there and passive counter him, the fight doesn't progress.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

Tips for the fight in the ship with the sword and bo-staff guy? I know you are not supposed to 'counter too early' but he only seems to go into that attack when I attack him, and most of the time I'm going for hit number 2 on a 2 hit combo and it gives me no chance to even counter. Even if I just stand there and passive counter him, the fight doesn't progress.

You have gadgets. Try using your quickfire grappling claw for example.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Elendil004 posted:

Double-tap the batclaw fire button (2 on PC) which will reel him in, attack to clothesline him, which forces the encounter animations. Don't bother trying to just straight up punch at him. Do it two or three times and it'll trigger the beatdown mechanic, rinse, repeat. This works on every enemy that isn't Bane or holding a shield.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ImpAtom posted:

You have gadgets. Try using your quickfire grappling claw for example.

Ah cool. I used two other gadgets and he instant dodged them so I assumed they were forcing me into something stupid.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
I got the hanging ledge takedown in the first run through the bank, which also has closed two-sided vents and breakable walls. If you missed your opportunity during the plot, there is another run through that same area during the Deadshot fight... during which I was able to get the second set of takedowns (the loud one), because it has floor grates and gargoyles to hang guys from.

The bank has that central raised walkway, but I wasn't able to get the hanging ledge takedown from there. Along the sides are some, I don't know, display cases with tops lower than the central walkway. You can stand on those and get the hanging ledge takedown.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but for me during the Deadshot fight, when the last wave of armed thugs walked in, the thug with the jammer backpack clipped into a sign right next to the door and become unkillable, so I had to take out the entire drat room with my detective vision jammed. Ugghhh.

edit:
Also, completely unrelated, but why doesn't Steam cloud saving allow you to restore your save from a backup? This is hardly the first game that has had problems with corrupted saves, and if you look at the amount of data used by Steam cloud saves vs. the amount of data available per game, you'll notice that you have a ton of unused space... so why not store a previous save or two and allow gamers to restore those backup saves if the current save becomes corrupted? It seems like a no-brainer.

THE CHORSE fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 28, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

How did you get these suits to appear in game? I logged in with my WBID, both on the site and the ps3, and got nothing.

I have no idea. WBID unlocked One Million for me after I activated my account via the email and logged back in. The Blackest Night I'm pretty sure glitched into existence, because it's supposed to be an unlock for prestiging in MP and I've played 2 games total in multi.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I can't get the blade takedown or whatever to go after I do the blade dodge. I don't understand. I tap triangle after a successful dodge but then he just stands there trying to counter nothing and then gets hit a a guy who skates to him while punching.

Tegan and Sankara
May 4, 2009

THE CHORSE posted:

I got the hanging ledge takedown in the first run through the bank, which also has closed two-sided vents and breakable walls. If you missed your opportunity during the plot, there is another run through that same area during the Deadshot fight... during which I was able to get the second set of takedowns (the loud one), because it has floor grates and gargoyles to hang guys from.

The bank has that central raised walkway, but I wasn't able to get the hanging ledge takedown from there. Along the sides are some, I don't know, display cases with tops lower than the central walkway. You can stand on those and get the hanging ledge takedown.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but for me during the Deadshot fight, when the last wave of armed thugs walked in, the thug with the jammer backpack clipped into a sign right next to the door and become unkillable, so I had to take out the entire drat room with my detective vision jammed. Ugghhh.

edit:
Also, completely unrelated, but why doesn't Steam cloud saving allow you to restore your save from a backup? This is hardly the first game that has had problems with corrupted saves, and if you look at the amount of data used by Steam cloud saves vs. the amount of data available per game, you'll notice that you have a ton of unused space... so why not store a previous save or two and allow gamers to restore those backup saves if the current save becomes corrupted? It seems like a no-brainer.

I had the same issue in the bank with a random goon, but bataranging him seemed to solve it. I'm off now to try and do the same thing, loud takedowns while trying to avoid his lasers :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaseous Snake posted:

I can't get the blade takedown or whatever to go after I do the blade dodge. I don't understand. I tap triangle after a successful dodge but then he just stands there trying to counter nothing and then gets hit a a guy who skates to him while punching.

That's not how it works. Release and re-hold the counter button for each swipe.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Also, make sure you move the stick in the opposite direction.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
How come people are saying they can't do ledge takedowns, hang people from gargoyles and counter? I did all three of those things in like my first two hours of play. Weird.

Whoever made the comment about making me slog through that motherfucking steel mill was dead on though. Man, that location sucks rear end but the game designers seem to love that place.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Well I think I might be utterly screwed. When I went into the sewer to infiltrate the Morgue , I backtracked to the earlier part of the CPU room down there to grab a few Enigma things I couldn't get/missed the first time. As I headed back to the elevator though, this is what greeted me:

Elevator's in the up position, there's no way for me to call it down, and the exit on the other end is blocked off at this part of the story. Don't think I can fast travel out either.

And I JUST finished grabbing all the Enigma packages in the city itself. What joy.

Any of you guys know how to get out of this, or did I just screw myself over?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

ZoninSilver posted:

Well I think I might be utterly screwed. When I went into the sewer to infiltrate the Morgue , I backtracked to the earlier part of the CPU room down there to grab a few Enigma things I couldn't get/missed the first time. As I headed back to the elevator though, this is what greeted me:

Elevator's in the up position, there's no way for me to call it down, and the exit on the other end is blocked off at this part of the story. Don't think I can fast travel out either.

And I JUST finished grabbing all the Enigma packages in the city itself. What joy.

Any of you guys know how to get out of this, or did I just screw myself over?

I'm not this far but a guy earlier in the thread said go down a dead end looking corridor to find an unmarked ladder

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Not sure if this has been covered, but what the hell is up with the "Worst Nightmare" level 3 challenge (complete a predator without being seen). I have completed levels with nothing but silent takedowns, taken out everyone without being spotted, and cleared multiple rooftops and outdoor predator levels without ever being seen, yet I never complete the challenge? It's frustrating beyond words.

What is extra baffling is that using tools seems to be totally forbidden as part of it as well - I did the drug lab predator with all but one silent takedown, and used a batarang on the last guy to then get a ground takedown, yet it said I had been spotted once.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bubbapook posted:

Not sure if this has been covered, but what the hell is up with the "Worst Nightmare" level 3 challenge (complete a predator without being seen). I have completed levels with nothing but silent takedowns, taken out everyone without being spotted, and cleared multiple rooftops and outdoor predator levels without ever being seen, yet I never complete the challenge? It's frustrating beyond words.

What is extra baffling is that using tools seems to be totally forbidden as part of it as well - I did the drug lab predator with all but one silent takedown, and used a batarang on the last guy to then get a ground takedown, yet it said I had been spotted once.

Stuff like glide kicks often get you seen by the target.

It seems like if it needs a ground takedown and doesn't do the knock out itself, it's no good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bubbapook posted:

Go find two dudes on a rooftop. Knock them both out. Get the challenge done.

It's how I did it.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
Looks like a PC patch is on the way soon

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

It's how I did it.

It never counted that one for me. It didn't count a lot of ones where I had "Unseen" in the scoring list afterwards. The challenges are really touchy, I wish it would let me just do them in a challenge room.

I just beat this an hour or so ago, and the last hour or two of it is completely, insanely awesome. It definitely feels like poo poo has really hit the fan and you've got to pull out all the stops to end it. The storyline of this was beyond a doubt the best in the series by far.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I cleared the Royal Hotel predator event without being seen. But yeah, anything that has a chance of getting you spotted will count as being seen. I didn't do any glide kicks or ground takedowns at all. I did two inverted takedowns, two vent takedowns, and two silent takedowns. No you can't use knockout smash, that will get you spotted.

I think maybe you have to finish the scripted ones unseen to get the bonus??

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Scyantific posted:

I cleared the Royal Hotel predator event without being seen. But yeah, anything that has a chance of getting you spotted will count as being seen. I didn't do any glide kicks or ground takedowns at all. I did two inverted takedowns, two vent takedowns, and two silent takedowns. No you can't use knockout smash, that will get you spotted.

Yeah it's kind of annoying glide kicking the final dude counts as being spotted.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

quote:

Removed section_type – ownersonly

Looks like some of the bugs were indeed copy protection gone bad.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Seriously the challenge system loving sucks. I'm stuck at the one where you have to do 4 different takedowns in a predator encounter, but I can't do it because no loving predator encounter in this game (beyond maybe the first one) has sturdy walls with which to knock people out. It's so dumb, at least it'd make sense if you could do them in the combat simulator, but nnnnope!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hakkesshu posted:

Seriously the challenge system loving sucks. I'm stuck at the one where you have to do 4 different takedowns in a predator encounter, but I can't do it because no loving predator encounter in this game (beyond maybe the first one) has sturdy walls with which to knock people out. It's so dumb, at least it'd make sense if you could do them in the combat simulator, but nnnnope!

Er, there are more than 4 takedowns you know.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It's how I did it.

I wish. I've gotten several rooftop predators ranked "Unseen" yet none trigger the challenge, as the other guy mentioned. If it triggered the challenge for you then I don't know what the gently caress. So wish you could do these in the challenge rooms.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

RatHat posted:

You have to do the explosive gel takedown, and there's literally no way to do it for seemingly half the game. It's idiotic.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

GCPD and Royal Hotel have walls that can be used.

4 Takedowns could be:
-Inverted
-Silent
-Vent
-Remote Claw to a Propane Tank

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I'm not this far but a guy earlier in the thread said go down a dead end looking corridor to find an unmarked ladder

Thanks for that, not quite sure how I missed that my first time here!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RatHat posted:

This one specifies which takedown types to do. I wasn't able to finish it, because by the time I unlocked it, I didn't have any predator encounters with all four of those elements left.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

RatHat posted:

I'm pretty sure he means the lower-tier one with four silent takedowns, in which case it is four specific ones: vent (not grate) takedown, explosive gel takedown, corner takedown, and ledge (not hanging ledge) takedown.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Anyone else get a refund from Amazon for about $1.01? I guess the game dropped to $58.98 for a split second before it shipped so they're refunding me that amount.

The game seems is one of those "you hate it or you like/love it" type deals, but is it already dropping in price? It just came out no more than two days ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Anyone else get a refund from Amazon for about $1.01? I guess the game dropped to $58.98 for a split second before it shipped so they're refunding me that amount.

The game seems is one of those "you hate it or you like/love it" type deals, but is it already dropping in price? It just came out no more than two days ago.

It's just a generic pricing quirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Scyantific posted:

GCPD and Royal Hotel have walls that can be used.

4 Takedowns could be:
-Inverted
-Silent
-Vent
-Remote Claw to a Propane Tank

Sorry, I should clarify, you have to do 4 specific takedowns; vent, ledge, explosive gel and corner. Explosive gel only knocks guys out when you bomb heavy walls, not the weak wood ones, or at least I haven't been able to get it to work (and googling seems to confirm this). I haven't seen any heavy walls since the beginning of the game which was long before I got this challenge.

Edit: Beaten!

• Locked thread