Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

doctor 7 posted:

I thought that poo poo was idiotic. I had no problems with Batman beating the poo poo out of him but it went all anime stupid.

Yeah, for me as well, it was the stupidest part of the whole encounter. I also really didn't like that there's no reward, not even flavor text, for NOT engaging the Joker at the start when he's egging you on. I thought if I waited it out long enough, Batman would refuse, which would have been much more in line with his behavior. I had no reason at all to attack him, he was already beaten. Stupid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ShimSham posted:

poo poo, I even tried to get to it from that gargoyle, but not quite in that fashion. Thanks for the link to that video too, I had checked youtube the other day but didn't see a guide, so it's new or I'm blind.

Just in case: http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-origins-enigma-data-pack-locations-guide/

It's actually a decent guide in the sense that it separates for each file, not for each region.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The way I saw it, through all the character development that takes place throughout the game, Batman is still an angry, bitter young man who has a lot more anger issues to work out before he becomes cool, calm and collected Batman. The little flashbacks during the Beatdown sequence was Bruce's way of dealing with the anger from the realization that he'll probably be dealing with the Joker for a long, long time.

fake edit: :goonsay:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

doctor 7 posted:

I thought that poo poo was idiotic. I had no problems with Batman beating the poo poo out of him but it went all anime stupid.

It is literally the same single-target beatdown attack you've used on enemies throughout Arkham City and Arkham Origins.

Slim Killington posted:

Yeah, for me as well, it was the stupidest part of the whole encounter. I also really didn't like that there's no reward, not even flavor text, for NOT engaging the Joker at the start when he's egging you on. I thought if I waited it out long enough, Batman would refuse, which would have been much more in line with his behavior. I had no reason at all to attack him, he was already beaten. Stupid!

The Arkham-universe Joker is repeatedly shown to be more than capable of beating the poo poo out of and/or killing people as an actual physical threat. It does it to Black Mask in this game alone for example.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So, anybody start NG+ yet?

If so, can you confirm if you keep your challenge level? At 14/15 Protector and Vigilante, and something like 5/15 Worst Nightmare. Would rather just roll that stuff up in to NG+ if possible, rather then continuing to scour this drat bridge for Crimes in Progress.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

Rookersh posted:

So, anybody start NG+ yet?

If so, can you confirm if you keep your challenge level? At 14/15 Protector and Vigilante, and something like 5/15 Worst Nightmare. Would rather just roll that stuff up in to NG+ if possible, rather then continuing to scour this drat bridge for Crimes in Progress.

You keep the challenge level. Lucky for you, there's a scripted crime in progress on the bridge as soon as you can free roam in Gotham.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I don't get vent take downs, does the vent you're attacking through have to be intact?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I don't get vent take downs, does the vent you're attacking through have to be intact?

I believe so.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestonJew posted:

3. Suicide Squad game sounds awesome, although I wish they would have used fat Amanda Waller instead, my childhood basically revolved around Justice League Unlimited.

She was chubby just not obese like she used to be. I would have preferred the old look as well but at least she is not super model thin in this game like she is in the comics right now

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Scyantific posted:

I believe so.

Thanks! Finally got the stupid 4 exotic takedowns challenge, looks like the rest of the tree is going to be just as miserable though.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So uh, who is the last Character Bio? The one in the upper right corner?

I've done all crimes in progress but Riddler. I've got almost all Anarchy Symbols. I've beaten the game. All I have left to do is get the last 7 Datapacks from the GCPD, and I'll be done with everything. Yet it's still not unlocked.

I'm assuming it'll end up being Ghul/Strange/Sharp, it's just making me crazy with it being like that.

Also where are more recordings? I'm apparently only at 19/29. I somehow missed 10 recordings?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Rookersh posted:

So uh, who is the last Character Bio? The one in the upper right corner?

I've done all crimes in progress but Riddler. I've got almost all Anarchy Symbols. I've beaten the game. All I have left to do is get the last 7 Datapacks from the GCPD, and I'll be done with everything. Yet it's still not unlocked.

I'm assuming it'll end up being Ghul/Strange/Sharp, it's just making me crazy with it being like that.

Also where are more recordings? I'm apparently only at 19/29. I somehow missed 10 recordings?

It's Cyrus Pinkney I think. You have to scan seven plates around the city. It'll also net you a lot more recordings.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

ImpAtom posted:

It is literally the same single-target beatdown attack you've used on enemies throughout Arkham City and Arkham Origins.

It felt like they certainly took out some frames so it went from fist back to punched with nothing in between.

I was just think he's be tossing haymakers but whatever. I get what they were going for I just didn't like how it was presented.

I still think the surreal Joker moments were drat amazing though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahaha ok, gently caress this game.

Decided to take a break from the story to play the challenge stuff. Did the Deathstroke 100 to 1 brawl map, managed to survive all the way. And what happens? Enemy number 100 never appears. I don't know how many times I failed that poo poo or restarted, only to get to 99 knockouts and not even be able to finish the brawl because the game bugged out. I'm not touching this game again until they patch it, the level of QA for this game is far worse than Bethesda's QA, and that's saying something.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Hahahahaha ok, gently caress this game.

Decided to take a break from the story to play the challenge stuff. Did the Deathstroke 100 to 1 brawl map, managed to survive all the way. And what happens? Enemy number 100 never appears. I don't know how many times I failed that poo poo or restarted, only to get to 99 knockouts and not even be able to finish the brawl because the game bugged out. I'm not touching this game again until they patch it, the level of QA for this game is far worse than Bethesda's QA, and that's saying something.

Did it first try and never got hit :smug:

Also all the dudes spawned, sorry man :(

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Jesus Christ, I finally get to the bank predator room (2nd round with the sidequest) and i cannot get an enemy in position for the goddamn vent takedown. Since when do enemies shoot down sonic batarangs from a distance?! How in the hell do I get a guy near enough the vent for the takedown?

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Jesus Christ, I finally get to the bank predator room (2nd round with the sidequest) and i cannot get an enemy in position for the goddamn vent takedown. Since when do enemies shoot down sonic batarangs from a distance?! How in the hell do I get a guy near enough the vent for the takedown?

Best you can do is put it beyond the path they will take and time it for when they walk by.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is there a way to counter the UAVs online if your enhanced vision is down? I swear I don't hear them or see them and there's just rockets raining down on me from an invisible thing that even on the off chance that I spot one I have to spray an entire clip at it to get it taken down.

Edit: And that's if I get in the game at all and it doesn't take 20 minutes to load and everyone left. And then the round's over and it doesn't scramble teams for some reason so I'm level 10 on Joker and level 1 on Bane and ahhhhhhhhhhh

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 29, 2013

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Question: I'm already in the Royal Hotel in a predator encounter with Bane's goons. Is there another predator room I can use to achieve worst nightmare rank 6? also, are there predator rooms post-game?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

also, are there predator rooms post-game?

Nope. The challenges system for the non-combat ones are pretty poorly thought out.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

doctor 7 posted:

Nope. The challenges system for the non-combat ones are pretty poorly thought out.
Well the whole idea of a ranked challenge system that can only be played in the main story and is really restrictive is poorly thought out to begin with.

Well, maybe Gotham Protector makes a small bit of sense, but I don't see why combat/predator has to be locked to the story.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Interesting appearently Geoff Johns confirmed in February 2012 that a video game based on the Suicide Squad is in development. So what happens in Origins and Blackgate may be about that.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Black Mask got the Two-Face treatment in this, ie being advertised as having a bigger part than they actually have. Disappointing.

I liked Origins quite a bit, but it ran really poorly (PS3). Got a lot of pauses and skips, even during the prerendered cutscenes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

James Woods Fan posted:

Black Mask got the Two-Face treatment in this, ie being advertised as having a bigger part than they actually have. Disappointing.

I liked Origins quite a bit, but it ran really poorly (PS3). Got a lot of pauses and skips, even during the prerendered cutscenes.

Well he at least got to be one of the main villains of the spin off. Still I wish he had gotten a bigger role.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Here I was thinking I must be pretty lucky in regards to having very little trouble with bugs and glitches...and then proceed to divebomb right through the world. :stare:

Also, is the multiplayer for this already dead or something? I can never find anyone online to try it out with.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Currently a lot of people, myself included, don't earn ANY credits for playing multiplayer. Hopefully when it gets patched, people will show up again. It'd be a shame too, because it's honestly pretty fun on the rare occasions you get a full game going, but especially the sometimes insane loading times seem to guarantee at least 2 people never entering. Also, the game continuing to 0 reinforcements when an ENTIRE TEAM is gone is rather..dumb.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This is a dumb question sorry but has that broken tower been fixed yet? I really want to do a new game plus but want to do everything this time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This is a dumb question sorry but has that broken tower been fixed yet? I really want to do a new game plus but want to do everything this time.

There hasn't been a patch yet (at least for PC), so no.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the heads up about the bank and the predator challenge, got that poo poo my first time, easy as pie.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Obvious one I suspect, but it seems unclear to me. The takedown from above through a glass roof, how the hell do you even do it? Do you need to dive from above through it, gel it, what?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Soonmot, what vent did you use to get the takedown? I'm past that point now and probably won't bother with trying to get the rest of "The Worst Nightmare" challenges, but my curiousity is piqued. :P

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
On a random street takedown the dude floated up in the sky like he was being abducted by aliens.

Thats on glitch I hope they dont fix.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I managed to get turned into Bane during a multiplayer match, and holey moley, give me some Bane challenge maps right the gently caress now. I don't even care if they give him more moves or gadgets or whatever, just let me slam dudes into walls like Frankenstein on PCP all goddamn day!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Trying to be an effective Batman/Robin in multiplayer is still an experience that makes me want to tear my hair out, but I've gotten plenty of time to get familiar with the elites, and I can say for certain that if you want to royally dick-over the heroes, just dodge-roll everywhere whenever you're in their presence. Nine-times-out-of-ten it will end with them stuck combo'ing the air and you five feet away from them, ready to fill their face full of lead. Also stare at the air a lot, even if you're not using your vision mode; from a distance it's hard for them to tell the difference and they'll keep out of your way for the most part.

Lastly, if you want to poo poo all over pubbies, never stop using your UAV/Blimp at every opportunity. Enemy hiding behind a doorway? Not an issue. Batman sitting on a rooftop? Not anymore he ain't. ain't. Joker/Bane running towards your position? Spam that poo poo at him, he'll never shoot it down. Another thug got in your face with a shotgun? You didn't need that life anyway.

2reachmu
Jul 30, 2005

SA-MART
SUCCESS
STORY

Got stuck in a noclip loop (on PC). Looks like I won't be playing this until they patch it.

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more
I'm having fun with the ranked fighting stages and I managed to score pretty well on panopticon (just outside the top 100 wooo) but I'm not sure how the scoring works.
Best way to raise your combo? I assume beatdowns, is there a rythm to the punches to get a higher multiplier or is it fixed?
It's hard to land ground pounds because you can so easily get knocked out of them and I keep trying to direct batman to a body in a certain direction but its 50/50 as to whether he decides to go that way.
Is there any other way to land a ground pound outside of knocking enemies over or ultra stunning them?

Shock gloves + freeflow + critical strikes in a room full of mooks is incredibly fun.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

PoshAlligator posted:

Also, is anywhere offering some sort of deal on the Season Pass? As it's mostly content that'll be out later, it seems a bit pointless to buy it without any discount at all. I'm think maybe £10ish as my price point.

GMG. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/action/batman-arkham-origins-season-pass/ use the voucher code GMG25-3P6V5-3Q850 on it for 25%-off.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I really like that "Enigma" is, apart from being a complete egomaniac, pretty reasonable.

You have to admit he does have a point- how is breaking limbs and punching people unconscious somehow better than blackmail?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cryohazard posted:

I really like that "Enigma" is, apart from being a complete egomaniac, pretty reasonable.

You have to admit he does have a point- how is breaking limbs and punching people unconscious somehow better than blackmail?

This wnole game makes Batman look like a real hypocritical piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
So this happened.

Couldn't do anything but melee and most people shifted in and out of invisibility. Was interesting. Robin is standing on the wall just to my right beating the poo poo out of a joker elite that is across the room.

• Locked thread