Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Uh... what 'fake' prompts? The martial artist enemies basically have 2 gimmicks, the jump attack, with has a double prompt because you have to hit the button twice, and the chain counter, where you have to counter them like 3-5 times for it to actually hit them. Neither is false.

They also can counter your own attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Discendo Vox posted:

[*]Combat encounters, consisting of scripted sets of enemies, routinely overlap in geographic location, and the system does nothing to deal with this. Experience and rank displays will overlap with ongoing combat, and enemies will spawn inside scripted crime in progress objects, such as cars, making harming them impossible.

Yeah, I was doing a crime in progress recently when suddenly I was getting shot even though nobody had guns. I looked around and some guy on the other side of the street BEHIND a barred gate was shooting at me :argh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

[*]Similarly, the system doesn't seem to autotarget non-shielded, non-armored goons in ambiguous situations. This is pretty fatal to my attempts at a 20-crit combo, and it means there's no way I'll even bother with the combat challenges.

It does tend towards the weaker goon. If they're trying on top of each other you should be doing something besides punching anyway.

Discendo Vox posted:

[*]Also, I'll second all the other combat complaints mentioned in the thread- the camera is too close to the action, enemies snap to your position to complete an attack with less notice, and enemies generally respond to and interrupt far more animations, limiting their usefulness. I've probably gotten a clean cape stun off less than 10 times in my playthrough of the game so far, because someone runs up and kicks me before the animation terminates.
[/list]

Don't use cape stun willy-nilly and remember you can evade to get away faster.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I don't think I'm liking the combat very much in this game either. There's the camera issues, they still haven't fixed the smart targetting (the lack thereof rather) as mentioned above or thugs doing the loving Gumby Slide...it doesn't feel like an improvement over City in any respect really, and in a few ways it's actually worse. Kind of disappointing.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.

VogeGandire posted:

Especially including Anarky during the Loeb era, where most of the points he makes...are true.

Batman: "Not like this, this isn't the way!"

*shatters henchmen's arm, groin-punches him with electrified gloves*

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am just not feeling this game all that much. I feel slightly off with the timing on the fights and I have trouble getting long combos, unless of course I'm using the shock gloves. I just don't feel like a magical pinball like I did in Arkham City.

Also, am I missing a way to destroy weapons? I really miss that ability, especially for the shield.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TMMadman posted:

I am just not feeling this game all that much. I feel slightly off with the timing on the fights and I have trouble getting long combos, unless of course I'm using the shock gloves. I just don't feel like a magical pinball like I did in Arkham City.

Also, am I missing a way to destroy weapons? I really miss that ability, especially for the shield.

Finish the Bird sidequest

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

A couple particular combat mechanisms that I'm finding especially frustrating:
  • Shield goons don't sync up their attacks with the normal rhythm of combat. I'm not sure if this is because their animation occurs faster and with less notice in AO, or because their behavior isn't scripted according to the same conditionals as other enemies-but I've literally been knocked out of combo in the middle of a counter animation by a bum with a car door running up and sort of tripping at me.
  • Similarly, the system doesn't seem to autotarget non-shielded, non-armored goons in ambiguous situations. This is pretty fatal to my attempts at a 20-crit combo, and it means there's no way I'll even bother with the combat challenges.
  • Combat encounters, consisting of scripted sets of enemies, routinely overlap in geographic location, and the system does nothing to deal with this. Experience and rank displays will overlap with ongoing combat, and enemies will spawn inside scripted crime in progress objects, such as cars, making harming them impossible.
  • Also, I'll second all the other combat complaints mentioned in the thread- the camera is too close to the action, enemies snap to your position to complete an attack with less notice, and enemies generally respond to and interrupt far more animations, limiting their usefulness. I've probably gotten a clean cape stun off less than 10 times in my playthrough of the game so far, because someone runs up and kicks me before the animation terminates.
This is just the beginning of the problem list, and it only covers active combat. The design and scripting problems in the other parts of the game are horrendous and pervasive. Dear goons, whatever you think of the game, try to imagine how much harder it is for a player for whom Origins is their first Arkham game- almost nothing is explained or signposted, so the introduction of a new game mechanic is, at best, provided during the game over screen tooltip.

I've had some of these problems myself. I think some of the reviewers have been overly harsh on this game, but combat is one of the areas where I think it could really use some polish. I made it up to the last combat challenge but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to all three of those criteria at once, I usually get hit at least once.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Finish the Bird sidequest

Ok, just not far enough for that ability then. Lame.

And as I was making that last post, everyone basically had the same complaints as I did with the combat. The camera feels off, the targeting is wonky sometimes and I've seen the enemy autolock onto me and swivel like 130 degrees to hit me.

I also feel like some of the Riddler/collectible stuff was more challenging in Arkham City. Although I'm kind of getting bored of that type of stuff in general because the challenge used to be actually finding the stuff, but now it's just shown on the map and you just go collect it.

I can't speak for the whole story yet, but I kind of feel like this game is a half a step back from Arkham City.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Disagree on the Riddler stuff, I don't like when quests involving collectibles give you no indication as to where collectibles are, like GTA does and Assassin's Creed 2 does.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MMAgCh posted:

I don't think I'm liking the combat very much in this game either. There's the camera issues, they still haven't fixed the smart targetting (the lack thereof rather) as mentioned above or thugs doing the loving Gumby Slide...it doesn't feel like an improvement over City in any respect really, and in a few ways it's actually worse. Kind of disappointing.

Yeah, stuff like the camera and the AI feel like Montreal tried to 'fix' something that wasn't broken, and that really felt polished. Like, the camera worked the way it did in City because Rocksteady did playtesting and that was what gave the best experience. There's a lot of good in this game, but almost everything that's back from the last game is slightly jankier and less carefully put together feeling. The grapnel boost just decides not to work on some grapple points, regardless of range. Some surfaces aren't grapple-able for no other reason than someone felt it should be harder to get there. Encounters appear to be hard-coded groups, rather than the game calculating on the fly who's in and out of combat, which feels like a lazy man's answer to the issue. (Maybe that's how it was in City, too, but I always felt like that game allowed you to draw groups together, and the game would calculate the fight score as if they were all one encounter) Not to mention the bugs, save corruptions and hard-locks/CTDs people have had.

Oh, and I know snipers might move around in a real world scenario, but in this kind of game? It means you can end up engaging a group of thugs on the ground, and basically be ambushed by a sniper who wasn't there when you checked the first time.

It's annoying, because sometimes, everything DOES click, mainly in the interior segments where much of this isn't a concern. And in those cases, it's every bit as good, sometimes better than City or Asylum. The set-piece predator rooms and bossfights are extremely well done. And the crime-scene stuff is the best implementation of that idea so far, making me feel like Batman in one of those comic arcs where he's basically Mike Hammer in a cape, investigating some gangland murder.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Beeez posted:

Disagree on the Riddler stuff, I don't like when quests involving collectibles give you no indication as to where collectibles are, like GTA does and Assassin's Creed 2 does.

Especially as with the Riddler stuff it isn't enough to find it, you need to figure out how to get it too. Sometimes it's literally as easy as picking it up, but sometimes you have to get the timing right, sometimes you need particular gadgets to get it etc. If the vast majority of the Riddler's collectibles couldn't be collected when you first found them AND weren't shown on the map even after spotting them it would be hugely frustrating.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

TMMadman posted:

And as I was making that last post, everyone basically had the same complaints as I did with the combat. The camera feels off, the targeting is wonky sometimes and I've seen the enemy autolock onto me and swivel like 130 degrees to hit me.

It's the combination of those three problems that really hurts the combat system in this one. I could tolerate any one of them fine, but having a too-close camera and enemies that have gotten MUCH better at interrupting moves is really frustrating. Combining THOSE issues with locking off a bunch of moves until later in the skill trees means a lot of the early to mid-game is strike, counter, counter, strike, EVADE!, strike...

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Having just finished the game, I think Origins has the best story of the Arkham games by a mile. And the boss fights are all pretty drat great, all are pretty much on the level of Mr Freeze from City. I felt that Firefly was Poison Ivy on titan done much better for example.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any tips for getting an A-rank during a Hard or higher encounter? I think I'm just going too fast and getting hit. Do you need to do the entire encounter in one combo to get A or will 2-3 be fine as long as you don't get hit? What about variation requirements?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, stuff like the camera and the AI feel like Montreal tried to 'fix' something that wasn't broken, and that really felt polished. Like, the camera worked the way it did in City because Rocksteady did playtesting and that was what gave the best experience. There's a lot of good in this game, but almost everything that's back from the last game is slightly jankier and less carefully put together feeling. The grapnel boost just decides not to work on some grapple points, regardless of range. Some surfaces aren't grapple-able for no other reason than someone felt it should be harder to get there. Encounters appear to be hard-coded groups, rather than the game calculating on the fly who's in and out of combat, which feels like a lazy man's answer to the issue. (Maybe that's how it was in City, too, but I always felt like that game allowed you to draw groups together, and the game would calculate the fight score as if they were all one encounter) Not to mention the bugs, save corruptions and hard-locks/CTDs people have had.

Oh, and I know snipers might move around in a real world scenario, but in this kind of game? It means you can end up engaging a group of thugs on the ground, and basically be ambushed by a sniper who wasn't there when you checked the first time.

It's annoying, because sometimes, everything DOES click, mainly in the interior segments where much of this isn't a concern. And in those cases, it's every bit as good, sometimes better than City or Asylum. The set-piece predator rooms and bossfights are extremely well done. And the crime-scene stuff is the best implementation of that idea so far, making me feel like Batman in one of those comic arcs where he's basically Mike Hammer in a cape, investigating some gangland murder.

I'm not totally done with it yet, but this has generally been my feelings on it, both the good and bad. I've seen some complain that the detective segments are too linear, and they're not totally wrong, but the crime scenes are still absolutely a step forward and really add to the feeling of Batman as a detective.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

A couple particular combat mechanisms that I'm finding especially frustrating:
  • Shield goons don't sync up their attacks with the normal rhythm of combat. I'm not sure if this is because their animation occurs faster and with less notice in AO, or because their behavior isn't scripted according to the same conditionals as other enemies-but I've literally been knocked out of combo in the middle of a counter animation by a bum with a car door running up and sort of tripping at me.
  • Similarly, the system doesn't seem to autotarget non-shielded, non-armored goons in ambiguous situations. This is pretty fatal to my attempts at a 20-crit combo, and it means there's no way I'll even bother with the combat challenges.
  • Combat encounters, consisting of scripted sets of enemies, routinely overlap in geographic location, and the system does nothing to deal with this. Experience and rank displays will overlap with ongoing combat, and enemies will spawn inside scripted crime in progress objects, such as cars, making harming them impossible.
  • Also, I'll second all the other combat complaints mentioned in the thread- the camera is too close to the action, enemies snap to your position to complete an attack with less notice, and enemies generally respond to and interrupt far more animations, limiting their usefulness. I've probably gotten a clean cape stun off less than 10 times in my playthrough of the game so far, because someone runs up and kicks me before the animation terminates.
This is just the beginning of the problem list, and it only covers active combat. The design and scripting problems in the other parts of the game are horrendous and pervasive. Dear goons, whatever you think of the game, try to imagine how much harder it is for a player for whom Origins is their first Arkham game- almost nothing is explained or signposted, so the introduction of a new game mechanic is, at best, provided during the game over screen tooltip.

Fighting it so terrible now. After every punch I throw I have to wait half a second to make sure that nobody is going to punch me, since I cannot interrupt my punch animation to counter. The flow is just dead. The more I play it, the more I realize how much this ruined the game.

I don't swoop down and fight gangs for the fun of it any more. Instead I try to avoid them like some normal non-bat person.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 30, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

more friedman units posted:

It's the combination of those three problems that really hurts the combat system in this one. I could tolerate any one of them fine, but having a too-close camera and enemies that have gotten MUCH better at interrupting moves is really frustrating. Combining THOSE issues with locking off a bunch of moves until later in the skill trees means a lot of the early to mid-game is strike, counter, counter, strike, EVADE!, strike...

It's not just the camera's too close, it feels like it moves and rotates way more in this one, meaning you could be aiming to evade or attack one way, and then WOOOOOSURPRISE180 and now you're being chain-slashed by a knife guy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beeez posted:

It's a little different for the Riddler stuff since it is tied to a quest, but I just meant I'm kind of tired of the whole 'here's a bunch of random collectibles' game mechanic that every game seems to use now. It's also at least a little more interesting when they tie the collectible to some kind of lore or something like the Riddler stuff.

Also, I'm not opposed to the stuff being added to the map, but sometimes I wish you had to find it before it got put on the map. This is just sort of general game complaints not so much the actual stuff in this Batman games as I actually feel the have been the most engaging of them all lately.

Edit - Also, I think the scoring is a bit weird sometimes because it bases it all on never ever being hit, which is honestly just not fun as sometimes I just want the savage brutality of a fight rather than the constant double tapping of A until you manage to find a spot to sneak in a couple blows before going back to evading. And speaking of that, I still find it weird that the one move they seem to want you to rely on is a double tapped button.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 30, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TMMadman posted:

It's a little different for the Riddler stuff since it is tied to a quest, but I just meant I'm kind of tired of the whole 'here's a bunch of random collectibles' game mechanic that every game seems to use now. It's also at least a little more interesting when they tie the collectible to some kind of lore or something like the Riddler stuff.

Also, I'm not opposed to the stuff being added to the map, but sometimes I wish you had to find it before it got put on the map. This is just sort of general game complaints not so much the actual stuff in this Batman games as I actually feel the have been the most engaging of them all lately.

To be fair, you don't HAVE to interrogate the Riddler guys, and Origins and City give you the option to tag trophies you find via exploration.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Joining with the gripes about the camera, Jesus fudging Christ. I know nothing about programming, anybody know if its hard to program the auto camera so it contains a view of all combatants within x meters or something? It seems like something that could very easily be remedied with a tiny bit of thought and I'm pretty sick of getting hit by people out of screen and having the camera rotate up against a wall then stick there giving me a really good view of Batman's feet.

Also wondering if anyone knows some tricks behind the scoring system. Take the second challenge map on the first lot of challenges, when I perfect every round I end up with something like 70k points but the leaders have something like 200k. I'm guessing it's someway to extend the combos since that seems to be where most of the points come from but I can't figure it out. Also 1vs100 is really cool if anyone is yet to try it but like the other challenges it gets considerably easier once you get all the gadgets, especially disarm and destroy.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Beeez posted:

Having spent a stupid amount of time today going around getting all the Anarky tags and the Pinkney messages, I seriously agree with this. Those are not fun to hunt down without a map.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

TMMadman posted:

I just don't like the feeling of needing to scour every inch of a game world to be sure I don't miss anything, so I like the fact that it gives you a way to find out the general location of the Riddler stuff. It still prompts you to explore the game world, but not in the "aimless scouring" way.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

RatHat posted:

Any tips for getting an A-rank during a Hard or higher encounter? I think I'm just going too fast and getting hit. Do you need to do the entire encounter in one combo to get A or will 2-3 be fine as long as you don't get hit? What about variation requirements?

Focus on not getting hit first and foremost. Typically a perfect free flow encounter will get you an S-Rank. Variations help but don't break your normal flow if you're just gonna get hit doing a batclaw pull or something. In a typical encounter you'll be able to pull off these moves pretty much everytime:

Strike
Counter
Evade
Stun
Beatdown
Aerial Attack on a shield guy - aerial attacks on normal guys don't have invincibility frames.
Takedown
Disarm and Destroy
Bat Swarm
Multi-batarang takedown
Quick Batarang
Quick Glue Grenade
Quick Concussion Bomb

I can never seem to pull stuff like quick explosive gel, quick batclaw, knife takedowns, and ultra-stuns off without getting smacked.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Bushmaori posted:

Joining with the gripes about the camera, Jesus fudging Christ. I know nothing about programming, anybody know if its hard to program the auto camera so it contains a view of all combatants within x meters or something? It seems like something that could very easily be remedied with a tiny bit of thought and I'm pretty sick of getting hit by people out of screen and having the camera rotate up against a wall then stick there giving me a really good view of Batman's feet.

I once had a fight where 10 seconds of which was the camera being positioned on the ground and looking directly up through Batman's crotch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

Fighting it so terrible now. After every punch I throw I have to wait half a second to make sure that nobody is going to punch me, since I cannot interrupt my punch animation to counter. The flow is just dead. The more I play it, the more I realize how much this ruined the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9VIB3jwM4

Am I playing a different game from everyone else or something? Saying you can't counter out of attacks is wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beeez posted:

I just don't like the feeling of needing to scour every inch of a game world to be sure I don't miss anything, so I like the fact that it gives you a way to find out the general location of the Riddler stuff. It still prompts you to explore the game world, but not in the "aimless scouring" way.

Well maybe it's just me because when it's not shown on the map I can pretty much ignore it, but when it is on the map I MUST go collect it. And when you get to see all the locations before you can actually get all them, it's just a bit irritating to me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

Am I playing a different game from everyone else or something? Saying you can't counter out of attacks is wrong.

If you attack at around the same time an enemy does you definitely can't counter fast enough. Ground takedowns are also suicide with too many enemies up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

If you attack at around the same time an enemy does you definitely can't counter fast enough. Ground takedowns are also suicide with too many enemies up.

I've been able to do it just fine. I even attack one of the two dudes attacking me and counter the other in that video. It's challenge room but I've even done it in NG+ during the campaign.

Also that is what Ground Takedowns have always been. In-game they're an instant takedown if they hit and in combat rooms they're worth the highest amount of points because they're really hard to pull off. This is what they've been since Arkham Asylum.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, in this game I feel like I always, ALWAYS have to wait for a guy to attack me if I'm in a crowd, because if I don't and try to hit someone, I'll get hit. Every. Single. loving. Time. Every time I press X, some rear end in a top hat is right there to punch me in the back of the head, and no matter how much I mash Y, it doesn't do poo poo and I get hit in the back of the head. It's especially bad on the boss fights where they keep loving throwing random shithead goons at you, because no matter what you loving do they're always there, smacking you the second you hit X.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I think what might be happening is that you're evading in situations where you WOULD take a hit if you tried to counter an approaching enemy (e.g. at 0:48-0:49) and wouldn't in a similar situation in Asylum or City. SOMETHING feels different to me about countering and interrupted moves in this one, but it's hard to pin down. Are you playing the PC version?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

I've been playing an embarrassing amount of origins lately and this is exactly how I play after hours of experimenting with combat. The wait and see approach is pretty much the only way to keep combat multipliers up which in turn, ironically breaks flow like mad.

ImpAtom posted:

There's a good example of how bad the camera is in this. From :26-:37 a goon picks up a crate and the camera pans away while he's off screen for a good 10 some-odd seconds. If he had thrown that crate at any point you never would have been able to see it flying towards you.

Also that is some drat nice fighting!

Red Mundus fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 30, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

more friedman units posted:

I think what might be happening is that you're evading in situations where you WOULD take a hit if you tried to counter an approaching enemy (e.g. at 0:48-0:49) and wouldn't in a similar situation in Asylum or City. SOMETHING feels different to me about countering and interrupted moves in this one, but it's hard to pin down. Are you playing the PC version?

Nope, PS3. I have a theory there may be some weird glitch on the PC version which is screwing things up because a lot of what people have complained about I just haven't encountered. I've gone through entire fights without hitting evade and haven't had any trouble.

(The biggest problem I have is that they swapped the shoulder buttons from City so I keep turning on detective vision when I try to use a move and vice-versa. It's really annoying and you can't swap the controls.)

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I have the PS3 version and I have noticed what others have. I don't know, I don't claim to be an expert and you might very well be better than me at the game, but this game definitely makes me feel worse at free flow than I was in Arkham City.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

ImpAtom posted:

Nope, PS3. I have a theory there may be some weird glitch on the PC version which is screwing things up because a lot of what people have complained about I just haven't encountered. I've gone through entire fights without hitting evade and haven't had any trouble.

(The biggest problem I have is that they swapped the shoulder buttons from City so I keep turning on detective vision when I try to use a move and vice-versa. It's really annoying and you can't swap the controls.)

Man, I hope it's just a version-specific bug. I can promise, as a 100%er of the previous games, something is seriously borked in the combat flow of the PC version I'm playing- and that's before my game saved my position as falling into the void inside a building, with no escape or recourse. PROTIP for PC version players- do not use the steam screenshot function, I think that's what caused the buffering problem that screwed me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beeez posted:

I have the PS3 version and I have noticed what others have. I don't know, I don't claim to be an expert and you might very well be better than me at the game, but this game definitely makes me feel worse at free flow than I was in Arkham City.

Well, enemies are more aggressive and there are more combinations of unique enemies in general. I think it's a bit harder than AC prior to getting the Shock Gauntlets (which basically win the game for you). I think the increased aggressiveness is also throwing people off but in general that's solved by using your gadgets or takedowns. Especially once you get critical strike + shock gauntlets you can literally do a takedown every two hits.

I don't know, I tried going back to AC and then back to AO and while there's a difference, it seems largely in enemy aggressiveness and the overall lack of special foes. (I also think the AO special foes are more fun and less flow-breaking than Titans or Enforcers.)

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Theres a cutscene midway through the game that seems really weirdly placed, presumably as the result of an edit.

Alfred runs at bruce and tells him how outmatched he is. This is weird because Batman has A) potentially dealt with every assassin other than Bane and Firefly at this point, and B) While things were frosty in the conversation not two seconds ago, Alfred happily gave Bruce the glue grenade knowing that Bruce was immediately going to hop back in the batwing and go out

It really feels like there was another forced batcave return trip at one point and it should have slotted in then, but they didn't want to drop it.

ShineDog fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 30, 2013

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I have to vent about my own stupidity. I'm in a predator room in story mode, and I tried it four or five times because I'm trying to get the Perfect Vision "no detective vision, unseen" challenge. I finally figure out the patrols perfectly and take them down one by one. I figure, "Why take any chances on the last guy seeing me? I'll toss a smoke bomb on him and secure my victory." I swoop down to take him down amidst the smoke...which automatically activates detective vision. Auto-save kicks in, and now I'll have to do it again on the next predator room.

Also, if I ever meet the person who decided to swap the L1/L2 button functions on PS3, I will scowl at him/her ruefully.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Well, enemies are more aggressive and there are more combinations of unique enemies in general. I think it's a bit harder than AC prior to getting the Shock Gauntlets (which basically win the game for you). I think the increased aggressiveness is also throwing people off but in general that's solved by using your gadgets or takedowns. Especially once you get critical strike + shock gauntlets you can literally do a takedown every two hits.

I've been avoiding using the shock gloves much since you and others have said it makes things too easy, but drat if it doesn't seem like a lot of the gangs you fight are made to be dealt with using the shock gloves. There are so many armor and shield enemies in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Ugh. I hit a bug in the Shadow Vigilante tree - rank 5 is to end combat in a Free Flow. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting credit for it, even though I've ended plenty of fights with high combos. It turns out that Free Flow never unlocked when I hit rank 3 in Shadow Vigilante. I can see it in the Aux Upgrades section - it's just still locked. Great playtesting!

• Locked thread