Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Thinky Whale posted:

I think I found the most awkward, ugly, and gross I've ever seen in text form.

You can smell this man, can't you.

Patrick Rothfuss is the gooniest gently caress.

He may be goony and awkward as gently caress but his Kingslayer trilogy is loving awesome. Seriously, they're two of the best books I've read all year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Truly, Halloween is the season for awkward costumes. Got that from Onnit's website, which is a company that makes a product that is marketed at pro poker players, gamers, MMA, and endorsed by Joe Rogan of all people.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Beastie posted:

He may be goony and awkward as gently caress but his Kingslayer trilogy is loving awesome. Seriously, they're two of the best books I've read all year

I mostly agree, except that whole super-long "I'm learning to be a fuckgod from the sex nymph" sequence was really, REALLY cringeworthy.

I think I understand why it's in the book now, though.

(Fakeedit: A friend of mine met him at a party and said he was super nice, really social, and not at all awkward or gross in person.)

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Miltank posted:

How high do you have to hike up a belt before it becomes some new item of clothing?

It's called a gunterbund...or cummergundt. I forget which. One of you fashion nerds who know which buttons to button help me out.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

steinrokkan posted:

I can't imagine too many people would try to torpedo her :quagmire:

Are you kidding, we're talking serious tonnage here

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Sacha Baron Cohen is really running the long game on this one.

I haven't been to that site in years so I wondered if he was still married to that woman who was his mom's age, and their wedding details are still up so either they are or the site hasn't been updated in years.

I've seen him and his wife around Tampa and St. Petersburg, usually at artsy local events. They're pretty nice.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Steampunk. Steampunk never changes.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

FrozenVent posted:

The men's business casual from the GAP really makes this. If you're going to drop $$$ on a corset, you could at least wear a nice shirt.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Dusseldorf posted:

That's the dazzle camouflage they used in WWII to make ships harder to torpedo. Some things never change.

Don't you speak ill of Dazzle camo. Dazzle camo is loving beautiful.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Could be a dead-end, though. Homo Neanderthalensis probably thought it was hot poo poo until they saw the size of the brains on a Homo Sapien.

Wait what the hell is this? Is this saying we're related to sandwiches?

Shoe of all Cosmos
Dec 31, 2008

Oh god
How do I reboot Wandows

MisterBibs posted:

A friend of mine just linked to this.

I think this is pretty rad. Bearded manly men make great parody costumes.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
These people have half a million subscribers. I have no idea why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03HkV8hR7rE

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

FrozenVent posted:

Haha, I think this might actually be someone I knew from my college's anime club 9-ish years ago.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Truly, Halloween is the season for awkward costumes. Got that from Onnit's website, which is a company that makes a product that is marketed at pro poker players, gamers, MMA, and endorsed by Joe Rogan of all people.

This is honestly a pretty good costume. He's even got the face down pretty well.

Shoe of all Cosmos posted:

Even as a joke it's terrible and wrong.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

There's a small gallery of what the gently caress.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think they're the same age---he's almost 60, he just looks weirdly young.

He's 42 and his wife is 37. I don't think that makes him "almost 60" or his wife twice his age. I don't understand what you're all talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacha_Baron_Cohen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isla_Fisher

Content:

I don't know how I feel about this guy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

1-800-DOG-LAW posted:

He's 42 and his wife is 37. I don't think that makes him "almost 60" or his wife twice his age. I don't understand what you're all talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacha_Baron_Cohen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isla_Fisher
They're talking about the guy who dresses up as Peter Pan, not the joke mention of Sacha Baron Cohen.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Ghostlight posted:

They're talking about the guy who dresses up as Peter Pan, not the joke mention of Sacha Baron Cohen.

His name is Randy. It is insane that he is 60.

I've come across this before and everyone into this 'hobby' is either horrifically creepy or crushingly sad. The ones who just collect and care for borderline lifelike infants are easy enough to explain with a DSM and enough time. My first reaction was that it's all simply weirdos, but the reborn dolls are also popular with women who had miscarriages and aren't ready again or can't practically have children of their own or what have you. Whenever you read about the dolls you get tons of awkward tales of obsession punctuated by depressing dead baby stories. The worst part is that there are of course the well-intentioned sad women whose coping mechanisms slowly turn into a relationship-destroying collection of uncanny valley babies. Forever lost to the awkward.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

That's scary. :stare:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Awkward: dressing your kid in God Armor for Halloween. FAITH.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I wonder how well those Faith shields would stand up to a bully with an appreciation for irony.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
So...a demo was released for this anime-ish visual novel where the male self-insert fucks underage human versions of My Little Ponies.

Extremely underage-looking ponies...

oh jesus christ.

Starswirl Academy website posted:

In keeping with both the spirit of the show, and the expectations of the visual novel genre, there will be both an all-ages, and mature versions of the game.

Yes, in keeping with the-- :barf:

...in keeping with the "spirit of the show," there will be a mature version of the game. And you know, the expectations of visual novels which of course ALL have sex scenes in them--oh wait they don't, and that's goddamn creepy what is wrong with you put these devs on a watchlist.

Jay O has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Nov 1, 2013

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Woah I did not know my little pony supported pedophilia, that should be something that should be looked into.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Shoe of all Cosmos posted:

I was just about to ask, before I saw your post - is nobody going to talk about this?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I think it speaks for itself, really. We'd just be wasting words.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Mimetic posted:

I wonder how well those Faith shields would stand up to a bully with an appreciation for irony.

That kind of question is, of course, entirely hypothetical, since a kid wearing that outfit would almost certainly be home-schooled in the most isolated way possible, and thus never come into contact with bullies.

If I had to guess though, I'd say the Shield of Faith would do okay for a few hits, until the bully got wise and equipped himself with the Tree Branch of Seriously, Come On.

Moddington posted:

I think it speaks for itself, really. We'd just be wasting words.

In the words of Brian Williams, "So there you have that. That happened."

Rujo King has a new favorite as of 09:29 on Nov 1, 2013

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

TontoCorazon posted:

Woah I did not know my little pony supported pedophilia, that should be something that should be looked into.

The show's really gone downhill since they hired Piers Anthony to write it.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

1-800-DOG-LAW posted:

Content:

I don't know how I feel about this guy.

On the one hand I feel bad for the guy, imagine having your photo thrown up on the internet identifying you as a brony, and he seems to be just against them. Then again, if he didn't wear a fedora these things wouldn't happen. Also the :smug: expression doesn't help matters.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jay O posted:

Yes, in keeping with the-- :barf:

...in keeping with the "spirit of the show," there will be a mature version of the game. And you know, the expectations of visual novels which of course ALL have sex scenes in them--oh wait they don't, and that's goddamn creepy what is wrong with you put these devs on a watchlist.

"But it's actually for adults! :qq:"

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Scathach posted:

Well, Halloween IS for dressing like monsters sufficiently scary enough to drive the wandering dead back to the Underworld.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those look nothing like Klan outfits, nope.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I think I actually saw one of these last night. Could have just been a knight or crusader, of course, but it looked a whole lot like that.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

euphronius posted:

Those look nothing like Klan outfits, nope.

Thank god someone brought that up, because that's the first thing that I thought. My Lil' Grand Dragon.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:stare:

How did this get overlooked? This horse had to be knocked out, and presumably positioned for this photo so this ugly girl can straddle it and ~*connect*~ with her horse.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I spotted a guy wearing a brony shirt today. :catstare:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

mr. mephistopheles posted:

This is honestly a pretty good costume. He's even got the face down pretty well.

Now if only he would shave properly, it would be pretty great.

Scathach posted:

Would it be better or worse if they were dressed up as kids from the Children's Crusade, because that's what I initially thought they were.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
From "50 Shades of SCA" Tumblr....

Ugh posted:

"Oh!", I gasp as he begins to pull on my waist. "Harder! Harder!", I cry out, begging him not to stop for fear of losing all that progress. It had to be perfect for me. "It’s too tight! I’ll hurt you!", he whimpers, tugging on my hips. but I cast his plea aside. "Harder!", I yell. Finally, we stop, and it’s done. Just what I wanted. "It’s perfect. My new stomacher fits gracefully! It’ll be perfect over my dress!"

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Ror posted:

His name is Randy. It is insane that he is 60.

I've come across this before and everyone into this 'hobby' is either horrifically creepy or crushingly sad. The ones who just collect and care for borderline lifelike infants are easy enough to explain with a DSM and enough time. My first reaction was that it's all simply weirdos, but the reborn dolls are also popular with women who had miscarriages and aren't ready again or can't practically have children of their own or what have you. Whenever you read about the dolls you get tons of awkward tales of obsession punctuated by depressing dead baby stories. The worst part is that there are of course the well-intentioned sad women whose coping mechanisms slowly turn into a relationship-destroying collection of uncanny valley babies. Forever lost to the awkward.

If this existed in the late 70's, I bet you my mother would had been one of them. My oldest sister was born dead, and was the most soul crushing experience for my mother (and the trigger for a lot of psychological problems later on her life), to this day I know she is still traumatized by the event. Actually, every woman I've known are always on the verge of tears when they talk about their miscarriages :( So, I'm split between creeping out and feeling sad for the owners of these dolls.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Beastie posted:

You mean the books where his blatant self-insert is so good at sex that he goes into the realm of the sex fairy (who sexes men so good that it turns them insane) and, despite being a virgin, beats her at sex? Then travels to the realm of the autistic sex samurai and learns their sexy secrets?

Also, when the author main character finds out the girl he's been SUCH A NICE GUY to is having the poo poo beaten out of her by her current partner, he shrugs and goes "that's what she gets for going off with a JERK JOCK" and goes back to being the best at sex in the whole world? Everything in those books is about how Rothfuss Kvothe is such a Nice Guy and totally the best at everything especially the best at being humble but even better at sex.

Somebody mentioned reading the books in the voice of Zapp Brannigan for an instant increase in quality, and it works amazingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Desperado Bones posted:

If this existed in the late 70's, I bet you my mother would had been one of them. My oldest sister was born dead, and was the most soul crushing experience for my mother (and the trigger for a lot of psychological problems later on her life), to this day I know she is still traumatized by the event. Actually, every woman I've known are always on the verge of tears when they talk about their miscarriages :( So, I'm split between creeping out and feeling sad for the owners of these dolls.

You can feel both those things.
An acquaintance of my wife has had a dozen miscarriages. They adopted a 2 year old last year.

She has, like, 25 different pinterest boards, which are categories that you "pin" things to. She has 2 or 3 miscarriage boards, that she still updates and shares and whatever. She doesn't have one for her daughter. It's bizarre.

• Locked thread