Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Serious Frolicking posted:

Nah, Toriko has already eaten battle wolf meat before.

Turns out GOD is a unique substance found in Battle Wolf meat during the eclipse. Toriko eats Terry alive to power up during the final battle. No remorse is shown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man, the 0th Biotrope people sure loving punked out. That's kinda lame.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Tolth posted:

Turns out GOD is a unique substance found in Battle Wolf meat during the eclipse. Toriko eats Terry alive to power up during the final battle. No remorse is shown.
In fact, Terry couldn't be prouder.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tolth posted:

No remorse, only gratitude.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Fabricated posted:

Man, the 0th Biotrope people sure loving punked out. That's kinda lame.

With the way the blue nitro jumped down into the boss fight up in the sky island, I wouldn't be surprised they also kept an eye on the other fights, and basically jump in to gently caress both sides up so they have less people to deal with in the future. Now I can totally see IGO and Bishokukai teaming up to fight the new group, who seem to be way more powerful than either one.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
How many months has coco been in that hole
It has to be at least four months now.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MegaCharger posted:

With the way the blue nitro jumped down into the boss fight up in the sky island, I wouldn't be surprised they also kept an eye on the other fights, and basically jump in to gently caress both sides up so they have less people to deal with in the future. Now I can totally see IGO and Bishokukai teaming up to fight the new group, who seem to be way more powerful than either one.

I looked at the the page where the 0th biotrope gets beaten offscreen and found this.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
So Midora ruined Acacia's ultimate goal. I wonder if he's still alive somewhere

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I looked at the the page where the 0th biotrope gets beaten offscreen and found this.

So then the blue nitro are what? The baddest of the bad guys? Are they the ones pulling Joa's strings then? Are they the one making the puppeteer move?

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Chapter feels like a bad translation. Not saying it is, since I can't read japanese, but wording is odd/confusing.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

So then the blue nitro are what? The baddest of the bad guys? Are they the ones pulling Joa's strings then? Are they the one making the puppeteer move?

I get the feeling that this is their planet.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

international owl day posted:

I get the feeling that this is their planet.

Toriko is gonna eat all of them.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

This makes me question the coloring of the kid nitro at honey prison.

Because the kid nitro is blue. Also, the nitro in the sky garden, is he not blue-ish?

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I'm genuinely surprised that everyone is focusing on the blue nitro that you are missing the fact that some of strongest creatures in the world were spooked because Toriko was hungry.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
We all expect Toriko to eat all the stronges monsters. Even if they hadn't been introduced, it's an inevitability. Toriko will eat the world.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

This makes me question the coloring of the kid nitro at honey prison.

Because the kid nitro is blue. Also, the nitro in the sky garden, is he not blue-ish?

My guess is that "blue" is more of a title for highly intelligent Nitro, where as "red" Nitro are the domesticated Nitro like the ones Zebra just beat up, and perhaps the ones you mentioned were in fact "Blue" Nitro.

Nahxela posted:

Toriko will eat the world.

And also possibly the sun.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
I guess this means we are going to get different colored nitros in the future. The red and blue are just the start.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
We'll know the poo poo has really hit the fan when the plaid nitros turn up.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Or Nitros that are the color out of space even. I suppose the only natural ending is if Toriko gets into an eating duel with Azathoth at the center of the universe.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Doesn't matter what color a Nitro is... They'll all be equally delicious at some point.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
So, is Midora crying meteor tears?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

unprofessional posted:

So, is Midora crying meteor tears?

His tears are so manly they blow up earth. Toriko.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Calling it now, the Nitro are aliens and the Gourmet Eclipse is their giant-rear end spaceship blotting out the Sun as they come to harvest... something or other.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
There will be at least two colours beyond blue that are stronger again and Toriko will eat all of them.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tolth posted:

Toriko will eat all of them.

There is always one true constant in the world of Toriko.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
new chapter

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Toriko/Ch-257--End-of-an-Age--?id=179070

no toriko in next week's issue. it's coming back the week after

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

This chapter is so full of feeling.

Also GOD DAMMIT THAT SIDEWAYS MOUTH IS SCARY!!!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Good chapter, but man, I know it's a shonen manga, but are we really going to forgive Chiyo so quickly? Remember when she sliced out a guy's torso without him even noticing? That poo poo was scary. But I guess if we can forgive Midora after he literally caused space to begin eating his adoptive older brother alive, what the hell, right? Shonen manga.

Two weeks from now is too far away. The world needs to know: God drat it, where are you Coco?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Seebach posted:

This chapter is so full of feeling.

Also GOD DAMMIT THAT SIDEWAYS MOUTH IS SCARY!!!
:unsmigghh:

Never get tired of alcohol powers. The world of food is truly amazing.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Maker's Mars

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Yeah, that exactly...

:barf:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
The most important part of the chapter is without a doubt that one lady letting Mansom know that he is indeed Handsome :allears:.

I may have teared up a little bit, he's easily one of my favorite characters.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Reiche posted:

The most important part of the chapter is without a doubt that one lady letting Mansom know that he is indeed Handsome :allears:.

That was absolutely my favorite part. :kimchi:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Reiche posted:

I'm like 95% sure Chief Ray is a dude. I guess if we're going back to delicious food we're going back to the other series staple of intense homoeroticism.

Although speaking of food, the shortage is going to be hell on everyone.
:ohdear: It'd be weird to have a breather arc without Komatsu, but I hope they have to forage around in Gourmet World to bring back mountains of exotic meat for the populace or something. Maybe that's what they'll put the surviving/recovering periphery characters on.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
I've had mixed feelings about the direction since the tournament was interrupted but I took a deep breath, kept faith, and now I'm just going with it. This story has always been rediculous but it felt like it took a galaxy sized leaps the last few months, as opposed to the planet sized ones it normally does.

I'm also probably just butt hurt I didn't get a full obligatory-tournament arc or he didn't wait till the final round for things to pop off.
I was seriously looking forward to it. The Meteor Garlic arc is still my favorite. I just love games I guess.

As for forgiving extreme characters, I feel it comes with the territory of shounen manga. I think I became very aware of the concept during Shaman King. Ren and Chocolove were straight up murderers who then become close allies and comic relief. Just another thing to shrug my shoulders to and go along for the ride.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Kuso Meriken posted:

The Meteor Garlic arc is still my favorite.

It is still my favourite as well. It is so odd, but Livebearer is just a favourite that sticks in my mind at all times.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

Kuso Meriken posted:

I've had mixed feelings about the direction since the tournament was interrupted but I took a deep breath, kept faith, and now I'm just going with it. This story has always been rediculous but it felt like it took a galaxy sized leaps the last few months, as opposed to the planet sized ones it normally does.

I'm also probably just butt hurt I didn't get a full obligatory-tournament arc or he didn't wait till the final round for things to pop off.
I was seriously looking forward to it. The Meteor Garlic arc is still my favorite. I just love games I guess.

As for forgiving extreme characters, I feel it comes with the territory of shounen manga. I think I became very aware of the concept during Shaman King. Ren and Chocolove were straight up murderers who then become close allies and comic relief. Just another thing to shrug my shoulders to and go along for the ride.

Yeah I'm also...Idunno. The appeal of this series has always been such a simple formula. Ridiculous ingredient request, crazy adventure, hilarious meal. It was like a weird crossover between a shonen manga and an RPG and a cooking show and the relatively episodic nature was kinda refreshing while every other shonen is doing huge war arcs and stuff- and I like the other shonens, even Naruto kinda. Unfortunately this feels like the shift between the first half of Naruto which was lighthearted and good and part 2, which probably deserves its reputation. I hope Toriko part 2 doesn't stumble in the same way. It still definitely has the same heart, but I'll be bummed out if we never see them make a giant sushi tower for the hell of it, or if we replace cookie-scaled dinosaurs with constant cryptic brooding about "plot elements" in "quotations".

Either way, it is still Toriko so I'm not gonna abandon it and I do feel like kind of a dork for being down about a shonen series, but...well this was not my favourite arc and I won't complain about it again. Hoping gourmet world has a lot of really good food! I really, really hope that Toriko's full course doesn't get forgotten in all the Acacia stuff, one of my favourite things was seeing the themes of different characters' dream meals.

Also I'm calling Coco joining Neo, because where else could he even be? :(

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I have no doubt that part of Ichiryuu's Secret Spice Survival Plan will involve doing crazyass hunts for the biggest foodest things in the Gourmet World to restock after that untold devastation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Dead. A man who constantly drips noxious black goo from every pore isn't quite grotesque enough for this manga any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Simoom posted:

Also I'm calling Coco joining Neo, because where else could he even be? :(
I'm still on board with the "melted down into poison completely and is now inside Grinpatch" theory, but that's because Coco is my favorite.

• Locked thread