Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I'm glad there's only 13 episodes each season. I really liked shows like Buffy and Supernatural but newer HBO/AMC/etc shows have ruined the 24 episode seasons for me. They're too filled with meaningless monster of the week episodes where at the best case they're decent filler, but still filler.

Worst case they don't resonate with you and just drag the main plot down. Give me 13 episodes where there can still be a MOTW but it at the least has some plot progression in the background at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

El Tortuga posted:

If someone with pronounced black veins offered me something, I wouldn't take it either.

That's good because 99% of the time it is heroin they are offering.

Also, I am loving how snarky Ichabod is proving to be.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
The first 8 minutes of the next episode are on Hulu. Note that discussion about these 8 minutes should be spoiler tagged.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
A 22 episode season order is what destroyed Twin Peaks. Its first season, which was only 7, was some of the greatest television ever. I am behind this.

Anyway, I got caught up on all 5 episodes so far. What a charmingly outrageous show.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

violetdragon posted:

I think I remember reading that the show creators had the option of either a "full season" order (22 eps or whatever) or fewer eps and an instant renewal for a 2nd season, and they went for instant renewal.

Well, since they want to go for a full 7 seasons, I guess it makes sense that they jumped at the chance for an instant renewal. I hope the season keeps on being as good as it's been.

Oh, yeah, Orlando Jones posted this on his tumblr.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Would actually watch that team play baseball.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

escape artist posted:

A 22 episode season order is what destroyed Twin Peaks. Its first season, which was only 7, was some of the greatest television ever. I am behind this.

Anyway, I got caught up on all 5 episodes so far. What a charmingly outrageous show.

Except for the final episode of Season 2 of Twin Peaks, which is among the greatest TV ever made.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Annakie posted:

The first 8 minutes of the next episode are on Hulu. Note that discussion about these 8 minutes should be spoiler tagged.

I love that the exclusive includes the minute of explanation from the beginning of every episode. Also the horseman is just begging to be in a fighting game with his looped pose in the title card.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Azure_Horizon posted:

Except for the final episode of Season 2 of Twin Peaks, which is among the greatest TV ever made.

Not all of Season 2 was bad. A lot of it was great. You know when it got bad. I agree, the finale was phenomenal.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Alright hiatus(should be) over this Monday, which means the (non)surprise appearance of John Noble!
Also, Orlando Jones' tumblr is really something to see. It's a way of reaching out to fans and probably tempers the fandom reactions. Plus he seems like a really cool guy, though he seemed like that in MadTV and Evolution too so, not something new to me.

Also, in the spirit of the world series:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Okay, guys, as awesome as both these images and Orlando Jones is, you seem to be missing the obvious here...

JENNY'S BACK! :buddy:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Deadpool posted:

Would actually watch that team play baseball.

I picture the Horseman rounding third and heading for home as the ball is being thrown in from the outfield, right before the catcher catches it the Horseman pulls the shotgun off his back and shoots him.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011
Just binged through all the episodes on hulu. Fantastic show. Now that I'm all in, I'm sure it will be canceled prematurely.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

matrocious posted:

Just binged through all the episodes on hulu. Fantastic show. Now that I'm all in, I'm sure it will be canceled prematurely.

It's already been renewed for a second season! :toot:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

grrarg posted:

Just watched the pilot again on the FX marathon. Headless Horseman with a shotgun and assault rifle is still awesome.

Pound for pound it might be one of the most enjoyable drama pilots that I've seen in recent times.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vincent posted:

Well, since they want to go for a full 7 seasons, I guess it makes sense that they jumped at the chance for an instant renewal. I hope the season keeps on being as good as it's been.

Oh, yeah, Orlando Jones posted this on his tumblr.

Is there an actual dude in the Horseman costume or just a mannequin?

Either way, owns

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Really, a mannequin? Of course there's someone in there. It's Richard Cetrone.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DOOP posted:

Is there an actual dude in the Horseman costume or just a mannequin?

Either way, owns

His head has been photoshopped out.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Of course the Horseman would have a pitch-black bat. Of course.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know, mysterious seems like an odd modifier to use with the word spell.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
At long last, it's time!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Hold onto your heads, new episode starts nowwww!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Open your eyes, sir! Basket face!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well this is dangerous. Don't sleep and drive!

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah Katrina, maybe make sure your witnesses aren't barrelling down the road at 55mph before you put them to sleep.

Annnd yet another vague speech from Katrina. At least she got one useful sentence out this time.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Annakie posted:

Yeah Katrina, maybe make sure your witnesses aren't barrelling down the road at 55mph before you put them to sleep.

Annnd yet another vague speech from Katrina. At least she got one useful sentence out this time.

Women drivers, amirite?

e:Also, loved The whole "You are home" moment in the beginning. Aww

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Irving's faces in this scene are just fantastic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AND JOHN NOBLE FOLKS

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Oh hey isn't that Paul, Audrey's husband, from 24?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ichabod Crane, the real inspiration for Sherlock Holmes.

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

Oh hey it's Craig Parker!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

sithwitch13 posted:

Oh hey it's Craig Parker!

Glaber!:argh:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can't have a conspiracy without a Quaker.

Edit: Of course Banastre Tarleton is a demon.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 5, 2013

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gyges posted:

Can't have a conspiracy without a Quaker.

I don't remember any description of Quaker attire having such low cut necklines.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Kwyndig posted:

I don't remember any description of Quaker attire having such low cut necklines.

Well, Quakers don't really practice witchcraft either so

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Walter! :neckbeard:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Who thought Samuel L Jackson would be a good Credit Card pitchman?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Who is the actor playing the Freemason?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zero One posted:

Who is the actor playing the Freemason?

James Frain. He's been in a bunch of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
This is so sad.

• Locked thread