Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

doctor 7 posted:

Go to the opposite part of where you entered. There's an unmarked ladder on the map where you can get out.

It's poo poo, I know. Stuck for 20 minutes myself down there until I found it.

Where exactly is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Soonmot posted:

You don't need to be hangning. Just stand on the ledge over the enemy and the takedown prompt will happen. It's the same one you do in the very first predator room.

Man I just tried to do this on a goon in the Deadshot fight and it just called it a silent takedown. Dunno where the hell I'll do it now, what genius decided challenge maps shouldn't count for completing challenges...

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Where exactly is that?

If you went back down there for that enigma file at the very end of the map, it's the hallway that t-bones that area. It's actually really easy to find.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
There really should be a way to disable proximity detection on explosive gel. Always seemed to me like the upgrades should be reversed. Its a lot more useful actually being able to control the gel.

I never buy the upgrade, but having "level up" always on the screen is a bit of an annoyance.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok how the hell do I do the Sonic Batarang Takedown challenge? I've already tried doing it near a vent for a Vent Takedown, and under a vantage point for either the Inverted or Remote Claw Takedown and it didn't register them at all.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
From what it looks like, if the enemy shoots the batrang and you take him down, it doesn't count. The only thing I can think of is, if there is another gargoyle near the enemies path and get him while he's going for the sonic batrang.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Pretty sure i just snuck up and did a silent takedown on whatever goon was standing and staring at the batarang.

"It looks like something from outerspace" :allears:

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Just got my copy in the mail today. I 100%ed AC twice and was super-excited about this game. The combat is totally broken. In AC I can get triple-digit multipliers with ease in combat, but here it's a total slog. Other games that have aped ACs combat do it much better than here.

The camera is way too close, you get punched in the head all the time because you can't see attacks coming. Whats the point of telegraphing their moves so heavily if it happens offscreen.
Your default strike is much slower. In AC I know when I can get away with striking a guy I could counter, but here forget it, you get bitchslapped every time. It feels very un-batman.
Some moves have been seriously nerfed. Directed Aerial attack used to be a great way to get some distance and do moderate damage to one guy, but now the move is a deathtrap.

The only way to maintain any fluidity in combat is to get into freeflow mode, which is way more enjoyable and I never want to leave it. Unfortunately I was forced to get the upgrade that boosts gadgets at the cost of freeflow mode, and you can't use any finishers, so combat has a much less dynamic feel. I just hate not being able to move and see like I used to be able to.

How should I approach combat differently? I'm totally bummed about this, definitely won't be buying first-day from this studio again.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Olaf The Stout posted:

Just got my copy in the mail today. I 100%ed AC twice and was super-excited about this game. The combat is totally broken. In AC I can get triple-digit multipliers with ease in combat, but here it's a total slog. Other games that have aped ACs combat do it much better than here.

The camera is way too close, you get punched in the head all the time because you can't see attacks coming. Whats the point of telegraphing their moves so heavily if it happens offscreen.
Your default strike is much slower. In AC I know when I can get away with striking a guy I could counter, but here forget it, you get bitchslapped every time. It feels very un-batman.
Some moves have been seriously nerfed. Directed Aerial attack used to be a great way to get some distance and do moderate damage to one guy, but now the move is a deathtrap.

The only way to maintain any fluidity in combat is to get into freeflow mode, which is way more enjoyable and I never want to leave it. Unfortunately I was forced to get the upgrade that boosts gadgets at the cost of freeflow mode, and you can't use any finishers, so combat has a much less dynamic feel. I just hate not being able to move and see like I used to be able to.

How should I approach combat differently? I'm totally bummed about this, definitely won't be buying first-day from this studio again.

If it helps, you later on get an upgrade that lets you "stock" finishers, which lets you use a finisher/gadget and still remain in freeflow mode.

As for shock gloves not being used again later despite being so good here, maybe they shorted out at a BAD time sometime after Origins, or were considered too much a load when Bats goes a bit less PUNCH ALL THE CRIMINAL SCUM RAAAGH later on, relatively speaking. I'm not quite sure how much I'd trust Electrocutioner tech in the long run. V:v:V

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I asked a bit earlier but is the endgame still bugged on PC?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kin posted:

I asked a bit earlier but is the endgame still bugged on PC?

I don't know if it has been fixed since I ended my first playthrough, but if not I experienced that bug and this worked for me:

Jerusalem posted:

For those experiencing the final boss bug with the skipped cutscene and Batman being in a different location to the Boss, I also experienced this but was able to get around it. This may or may not work for you, but here is what I did:

I restarted from the last checkpoint, didn't skip the cutscene this time and the game still skipped to the next cutscene, but by sitting through that and doing nothing the game seemed to recognize something was wrong and jumped straight to the death taunt/reload screen. I sat through the initial cutscene again (Jim Jim Jim Jim Jim Jimbo!) and this time the initial boss-fight reloaded as it should, and the game ran as it was supposed to from that point on.

Until they release the hot-patch for this, I just suggest trying this to see if you can get it to work for you - though of course maybe I was just lucky.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who feels awkward when trying to use the controller on PC? I mean, the handling in combat is actually pretty great, but anything outside of that just feels really weird to me. I'm so used to being able to tilt the camera upwards or instantly turn around, and I feel as if I can glide for longer when using KB+M.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Bloody hell, these credits are long. It's like everyone involved desperately wanted to get their names on the credits no matter what they did because it was an arkham game.

It doesn't help that they're so slow too.

I know I can skip them but I don't want to run the risk of missing any dialogue/scenes by doing so.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Scyantific posted:

Ok how the hell do I do the Sonic Batarang Takedown challenge? I've already tried doing it near a vent for a Vent Takedown, and under a vantage point for either the Inverted or Remote Claw Takedown and it didn't register them at all.

You have to do it three times. And inverted takedowns are probably easiest for that challenge. Just sit on a gargoyle, point straight down, drop the batarang and wait. It almost feels like cheating.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Scyantific posted:

You have to do it three times and you have to wait until after the enemy does his "What the hell is this?" line.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Man I just tried to do this on a goon in the Deadshot fight and it just called it a silent takedown. Dunno where the hell I'll do it now, what genius decided challenge maps shouldn't count for completing challenges...

The prompt for it is just Silent Takedown. If you choked him with your legs that was the right move.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I don't know if it's my aiming or what, but goddamn does the UAV shred the Joker.

Also PS3 online is constantly crashing, like once every 3 games it'll just stop. Is it affecting anybody else or is this just me?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Are the Green Glowy Goons Enigma goons again? I found one that I couldn't interrogate after I left him as the last person alive.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Well looks like the game decided for me that I was done with it. The game locked up, while in mid auto save, in Gotham City as I was fighting some goons. Restarted the 360 and got the "corrupt save, please delete" message. I've already finished the game and was rounding up the Black Gate escapees for Gordon, so I guess I won't miss too much. Tried multiplayer yesterday and, after waiting about 10-15 minutes for 7 other people to join, the game froze on the load screen. Seriously, gently caress this buggy game.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The sonic batarang one requires that your victim isn't the last guy standing.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Since the last patch on pc if I use the cryptographic sequencer in its radio tuning mode I, uh, can't get out of it. Good times.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Capsaicin posted:

Are the Green Glowy Goons Enigma goons again? I found one that I couldn't interrogate after I left him as the last person alive.

You don't have to save them for last anymore but I've definitely had the interrogate prompt not show up. I found that fast travelling to the Batcave and back respawned the group.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Capsaicin posted:

Yeah, those broke like 50% of the time for me and become un-interactable until I reload/do something else, and then redo the fight. Welcome to Arkham Origins.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Pretty sure i just snuck up and did a silent takedown on whatever goon was standing and staring at the batarang.

"It looks like something from outerspace" :allears:

My favorite was when a goon went up to my sonic batarang: "Hey, what is this thing. AW CRAP he just lured me out into the open!"

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Anyone know who wrote the script for this game? I've some problems with the plot structure and batmany conventions, but it's otherwise very good. I'm actually a little surprised.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Capsaicin posted:

Have you been to his hideout yet? They show up very rarely before you've set foot in there, but you can't interrogate them. I wish I had known that, I had been putting off going to his hideout until I had gotten all his relays.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
For the Enigma goons it works differently in this game compared to AC. Even if he is the last person alive, you have to beat the hell out of him until he decides to submit into interrogation.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes those interrogation guys bug out too and you can't interrogate them. You gotta leave and come back and reset the fight or whatever.

I finished the game earlier and got all of the riddler stuff. I've wrapped up Gordon's post game stuff and all i have left is the Predator challenges, the anarchy tags and the Gotham Architect stuff.

The thing is, this is the first batman game where i really can't be hosed now. While the take two goons down without using detective vision worked on the guys with guns on the rooftops, none of the later challenges seem to (such as beating a predator without using takedowns). I mean, it seems inconsistent in what it considers a predator sitation :psyduck:

Then the Anarchy/Architect stuff is that lovely Balloon thing from the AC DLC but amplified. Who the hell in these days thinks it's a good idea to place unmapped collectibles in a huge, intricate, sandbox world?

With the combat being a bit jankier too, I'm not even sure I want to try new game+ because it's just going to irritate me.

Kin fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 3, 2013

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Anarky tags are REALLY easy when you realize they are only on the major buildings. Just go to all the buildings that you can actually enter, and that's more then half the tags by itself. After that, it's just the locations you've been/done stuff in. Crime Alley, the TV Station, etc.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Rookersh posted:

Anarky tags are REALLY easy when you realize they are only on the major buildings. Just go to all the buildings that you can actually enter, and that's more then half the tags by itself. After that, it's just the locations you've been/done stuff in. Crime Alley, the TV Station, etc.

I think i'm just going to do the sensible thing and use an online map. The kind of thing this game should have given you, perhaps after beating the poo poo out of Anarchy.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Then once you get the map from Anarky, it should be like San Andreas where instead of just tagging them you actually go around covering up his anarky gang signs with the bat-symbol.

(also at least one joke about cleaning up crime)

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy
I just dont like the combat in the new game compared to the other two. This one is much MUCH more reliant on counters than the other two and the timing is much tighter. Oh and lets just not get into the retarded grapple points and what seems to be random ledges with anti batman spikes on them.

Least favorite out of the three but still a good game.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'm really glad others have noticed the same things about combat that I have. I was worried that maybe I was just being bad and remembering the other games wrong. I almost feel like putting this game down and resuming my AA run, and maybe starting an AC run, since I got GOTY a week or so ago.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If I bought the season pass, how exactly do I get access to the new skin packs (not brightest day and gaslight), or are those exclusive to multiplayer?

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

Scyantific posted:

If I bought the season pass, how exactly do I get access to the new skin packs (not brightest day and gaslight), or are those exclusive to multiplayer?

They're not out in SP yet.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

ToastyPotato posted:

I'm really glad others have noticed the same things about combat that I have. I was worried that maybe I was just being bad and remembering the other games wrong. I almost feel like putting this game down and resuming my AA run, and maybe starting an AC run, since I got GOTY a week or so ago.

It feels like validation when others have pointed it out too since I thought I was just going insane. I think the highest combo I've gotten was like 75 which is about 50 shy of my highest AC combo.

The reason I think it sucks beyond it just being different to the other games is that it seems to ruin the flow of combat. Now every time you hit somebody you have to pause for a moment and make sure nobody is rearing up to attack you, then you can continue with the punching. Unsurprisingly this is difficult to do when you're fighting 10 thugs and the camera is so zoomed in you can't even see 3 of them. Upgrades you get seem like bandaid solutions that just cover up the fundamental flaws in the combat system. I could barely get a 15 hit combo before I got multiple ground takedown.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Kin posted:

Sometimes those interrogation guys bug out too and you can't interrogate them. You gotta leave and come back and reset the fight or whatever.

I finished the game earlier and got all of the riddler stuff. I've wrapped up spoiler]Gordon's post game stuff[/spoiler] and all i have left is the Predator challenges, the anarchy tags and the Gotham Architect stuff.

The thing is, this is the first batman game where i really can't be hosed now. While the take two goons down without using detective vision worked on the guys with guns on the rooftops, none of the later challenges seem to (such as beating a predator without using takedowns). I mean, it seems inconsistent in what it considers a predator sitation :psyduck:

Then the Anarchy/Architect stuff is that lovely Balloon thing from the AC DLC but amplified. Who the hell in these days thinks it's a good idea to place unmapped collectibles in a huge, intricate, sandbox world?

With the combat being a bit jankier too, I'm not even sure I want to try new game+ because it's just going to irritate me.

These are point for point my frustrations, yeah. If they tweaked the way the challenges work, gave us a dang map for every collectible(because having no map in a sandbox world really is the dumbest thing), and the combat wasn't so off I'd definitely want to replay it soon.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Why is there just a random explodeable wall on the roof of the bank next to the Anarky tag?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Just finished it, cool game, enjoyed it all apart from the entire Blackgate section.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

I posted this on the wbid forums but they are useless and recommended me to the one thing I told them I already tried. Does anyone here know how to solve this?

quote:

You have signed in with a WBID account already. Please visit http://support.wbgames.com...

Well, first of all, the link above is full of innaccurate information, so please do not direct me there. It sends me to a gotham imposters website where my WBID is not linked anyways.

I have literally never signed in with WBID. The very first time I tried I got the message above. I am getting extremely frustrated, the costume unlocks were one of my favorite aspects of Arkham City (so much so that I bought the loving NOS for the Batman Beyond code). I'm hoping someone here can help me fix it before I get fed up and return the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Beat the game the other night. As others have said, the last boss encounter is really disappointing, but I'd say up until that point, the story was great.

Post game, it seems to be freezing a LOT, and for no real reason. Not transitioning into buildings, not quick traveling. Just gliding around.

The Gordon mission at the end had one of my favorite things thus far (spoilers, just to be safe):

PRISONER: Jingle.....bells.....Batman.....smells.
BATMAN: No. *Choke slam*

I thought that the general chat between the thugs was pretty good this time around. Especially when you get around to beating up the last guy in a group and he panics saying "I wasn't with those guys!"

Now, if there's one thing I want to see in the next Batman game, it has to be the option to co-op the whole campaign. Let me pick between Robin, Batgirl or Nightwing to go along with Batman. We could choose from 3 or 4 Robin costumes back in AC, wouldn't be that hard to find a few for Batgirl or Nightwing (even toss in that horrible disco Nightwing number from the 70's.)

Double simultaneous predator rooms? gently caress yes. A handful of Riddler puzzles that can more easily be solved by two people? Yes.

It can't be that hard to have a cut scene see if you've got one player or two and then play the appropriate video to go along.

• Locked thread