Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hughmoris posted:

Just re-watched first season of Party Down. Great show, shame that it ended so quickly.

The second season is even better. It's one of the few perfect seasons of a TV show.

edit: Also, I'm into 30 Rock's 5th season, and it's still 22 minutes of visual gold every episode. I forgot when it gets bad, but I highly suspect the real answer is "never". Matt Damon is the best.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

30 Rock never gets bad, unless you can't stand Kristen Schaal. I kind of thought she dragged down season 6 a little bit but there was so much other good poo poo going on that I can look past her character.

Also one of my favorite series finales.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The Duke posted:

30 Rock never gets bad, unless you can't stand Kristen Schaal. I kind of thought she dragged down season 6 a little bit but there was so much other good poo poo going on that I can look past her character.

Also one of my favorite series finales.

Yeah, I'd say it has a few lulls, but never gets close to being bad.

And I just love the last little scene in that series finale.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Yoshifan823 posted:

The second season is even better. It's one of the few perfect seasons of a TV show.

edit: Also, I'm into 30 Rock's 5th season, and it's still 22 minutes of visual gold every episode. I forgot when it gets bad, but I highly suspect the real answer is "never". Matt Damon is the best.

It really doesn't get bad, there's a bit of a lull in season 6, but the last season is almost all fantastic.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Sure, as long as you obey Sky Law.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The 6th Season has Leap Day William and that is one of the best episodes of the series.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

bobkatt013 posted:

The 6th Season has Leap Day William and that is one of the best episodes of the series.

Yes, take off my bald cap , not put on my wig.

30 Rock is really, really good. I regret not getting into it until it hit syndication.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
For all The Americans fans out there (best drama on TV, check it), Margo Marlindale has confirmed that she will return for the next season in this interview :neckbeard:.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Also, good luck Americans fans, hopefully it won't spiral into poo poo like it's likely to.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The relationship plotting pulled the last couple of episodes down, unfortunately, so that's the one Achilles heel I'll be worried about going into the next season.

Fortunately, the acting and chemistry between Rhys and Russell are great, so they just need some decent writing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

Also, good luck Americans fans, hopefully it won't spiral into poo poo like it's likely to.

I believe you have this show confused for one that airs on Showtime.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sons of Anarchy doesn't air on Showtime though.

Anyway, I thought s1 was great and am happy by this news.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I believe you have this show confused for one that airs on Showtime.

I'm in the UK, and for some reason I genuinely did have the impression it was a Showtime series. For the last year I've ignored it, despite finding the premise interesting, because of the Showtime connection I thought it had.

Holy gently caress.

Oops.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

HUMAN FISH posted:

Actually Vikings ended up being pretty drat good.

Would you care to elaborate or address my concerns?

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Mr.48 posted:

Would you care to elaborate or address my concerns?

It's a show about Vikings doing Viking things, which, according to what modern audiences consider the "interesting bits," includes a fair amount of raping and pillaging.

If you can't get over that, it's not the show for you, though the show doesn't always harp on those points. There's a fair amount of inner-clan politics and backstabbery and whatnot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man, do not watch Dracula. It's the anti-Sleepy Hollow. It's not "so bad it's awesome", it's absolutely loving terrible. I mean I very rarely bother just saying "this poo poo sucks in every possible way", and I really wanted to like it but no, no, Christ no.

That said, if it suddenly gets awesome or hilarious like The Cape did, let me know. :shobon:

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
If you thought Girl Meets World was big news- think again!

http://disneytreasures.com/blogs/news/9834370-full-house-2014-sequel-series-in-development-will-you-watch

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well at least they can easily fit in a Very Special Episode about drug abuse.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You sure you stickied enough threads there, Deadpool?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rarity posted:

You sure you stickied enough threads there, Deadpool?

Nope. Once we have a first page of only stickies I will be content.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Deadpool posted:

Nope. Once we have a first page of only stickies I will be content.

Sounds like a challenge, brb as I make threads for Fresh Meat, some Kardashian thing, Fifth Gear (it's like Top Gear except nobody watches it!) and a Talking Dead thread for those who watch TTD but not TWD.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sounds like a challenge, brb as I make threads for Fresh Meat, some Kardashian thing, Fifth Gear (it's like Top Gear except nobody watches it!) and a Talking Dead thread for those who watch TTD but not TWD.

We're trying to get more stickies here, not in the Gas Chamber.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just be glad Britain is confined to a single thread, we seem to have a lot of shows that air on a Sunday night. Genuinely surprised (except not really) about the lack of Family Guy thread this year.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sounds like a challenge, brb as I make threads for..:and a Talking Dead thread for those who watch TTD but not TWD.

I thought this was hilarious until I realized there probably are people who do this and post about it. Now I'm sad.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

EL BROMANCE posted:

Just be glad Britain is confined to a single thread, we seem to have a lot of shows that air on a Sunday night. Genuinely surprised (except not really) about the lack of Family Guy thread this year.

There's not even one for The Mentalist. That's a drat shame. It was a fine two page thread last season - so easy to catch up on!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Speaking of The Mentalist, did it get renewed for 13 or 22 episodes this season? Because the Red John plot is moving at full speed. Feels like it'll be over in 13 episodes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Speaking of The Mentalist, did it get renewed for 13 or 22 episodes this season? Because the Red John plot is moving at full speed. Feels like it'll be over in 13 episodes.

It's being wrapped up in the first half of the season. But the season is a full order.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Deadpool posted:

It's being wrapped up in the first half of the season. But the season is a full order.

:woop:

I'm curious as hell to see what they do with the aftermath.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'm glad the Red John plot is going to be wrapped up soon. They couldn't really stretch it out more after cutting the number of suspects down to seven in last year's season finale.

I also have (very, very faint) hope that they'll find some kind, any kind of explanation for why a serial killer has a zillion followers in law enforcement, down to a shelb who drives prisoner transfer trucks. Even the silly "The Following" show took a stab at it with an english professor who formed some kind of "death cult" around Edgar Allan Poe's writing. In what, 6, 7 years, Red John only seems to knife people and leave a blood smiley face where a friend of the victim can see it before seeing the body. Why does he have a zillion followers, exactly? What meaning does he give to the lives of his crazy followers to inspire them?

This season definitely feels like they're wrapping up a lot of plot points. Not always smoothly, either, like the episode where suddenly CBI changed its rules and let agents date and get married, and then in the last 10 minutes, Rigsby proposed to Van Pelt and they got married.

The ending of tonight's episode certainly was surprising.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I still would've been fine if the series ended after the season 4? finale where Jane kills that guy he thinks is Red John in the middle of the shopping mall. Then asks for his check from the waitress.

Another thing I noticed is that he still has the gun that HRG gave to him to help him get his revenge.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

This seems to be copied from a Screenrant article, only it's missing the "APRIL FOOL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" from said article.

http://screenrant.com/full-house-sequel-tv-show/

So, sorry to anyone who got their hopes up over this news.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was about to say, there's no loving way that would work in the present day :lol:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I still would've been fine if the series ended after the season 4? finale where Jane kills that guy he thinks is Red John in the middle of the shopping mall. Then asks for his check from the waitress.

Another thing I noticed is that he still has the gun that HRG gave to him to help him get his revenge.

It was season 3 - and if that had been the end point it would probably have been the greatest ending to a procedural cop show ever written. Not that the Mentalist has been bad after season 3, it's a pretty good show for what it is and the Red John stuff has been interesting and looks to be coming to a good conclusion. But the sheer brass balls of ending the quirky consultant messes around with people to catch killers show with the quirky guy killing his nemesis in cold blood (even if he had a gun pointed at him, it was cold blood) and then just sitting down is staggering. No wrap up, no closure for anything else. Just the kill.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I actually really enjoy The Mentalist. It's a near perfect Sunday night show for me; fun, safe crime show that I can just relax to before the week starts.

Just want to get confirmation that I am in fact the worst.

As for Red John the end has seemed so obvious this entire season that I'll put my guess in spoiler tags just in case.

Most, if not all of them, are "Red John." It's why Patrick hasn't been able to catch him all these years. He keeps looking for a person when it's actually this group. There may be one Mastermind though. But the others aren't his followers but more his partners. He may have even picked them out specifically because they are all so different, and thus impossible to profile as their personalities contradict each other.

I wonder if we'll actually learn Red John's motive before the story wraps up...

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 4, 2013

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Has anyone been watching Masterchef Junior? I haven't seen a thread for it, but the novelty of watching little kids cook far better than I ever could hasn't worn off. I've never even watched the regular Masterchef and I'm finding this to be really interesting reality television. Pure talent.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
It's being discussed in the Gordon Ramsay Megathread. But I agree with you, MCJ is more fun than regular Master Chef. I hope they do one every year.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I watch The Mentalist as well. Doesn't have a lot of gore, and some of the characters are interesting- particulary Jane. Cho is cool when he's not involved with a call girl. Lisbon is a really boring and dull person, and I don't know if its because of the actress or not.

I have no idea what the conclusion of the Red John plotline will bring. I always thought it was odd how the Red John symbol sort of (to me) resembles Jane. In particular, the squinty eyes that have the same shape as Jane's.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Back in the closet Mentalist watchers! Next thing we'll have people talking about unironically enjoying NCIS.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

zoux posted:

Next thing we'll have people talking about unironically enjoying NCIS.

What up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

zoux posted:

Back in the closet Mentalist watchers! Next thing we'll have people talking about unironically enjoying NCIS.

Worse, not only do I enjoy NCIS and The Mentalist, I even watch NCIS: LA from time to time until all the "Just World" bullshit and over-the-top military worship inevitably drives me away again.

• Locked thread