Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm guessing that isn't poison because otherwise the show is kind of over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

muscles like this? posted:

I'm guessing that isn't poison because otherwise the show is kind of over.

You always keep an antidote for your poison. That's Mason rule number 1, man.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Typical Freemason blood magic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mm.... strawberry.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I guess it was really pussy poison or something.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Annnd Sleepy Hollow continues to be freaking awesome. :dance:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
John Cho back next episode!? Yes!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Great episode. Next week should be great too.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

In fairness, it was sitting there since the 1700s so it was probably past its expiration date.

Next episode looks like great fun, so much horseman!

vvv Seriously, I feel like we've had a whole season's worth of stuff already.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
They really pack a whole lot into an episode. Next episode looks like 3 or 4 episodes for a regular show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

That or Ichabod is just that manly.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love that the Horseman travels with a bandoleer filled with shotgun shells.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
For Atlantan "Sleepy Heads"(haha), there was just an interview with the cast and crew on the local news. The anchorwoman ended the segment by asking about 'Ichababbie' and I just cracked up. For those wondering, cast and crew said it probably wouldn't happen, implying that it would happen late in series after caving into fans.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I loved that Katrina's maiden name was von Tassel just like in the story.

Also, "I thought only horses slept standing up!" was glorious.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

muscles like this? posted:

James Frain. He's been in a bunch of stuff.
And he was always awesome. Loved him in The Tudors and True Blood. Hope we get to see more of him in future episodes.

Please don't die next week. Have an epic battle with Cho instead.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

When the credits rolled, I squealed like a little girl, exclaiming: "we get a horseman episode next week!" :neckbeard::neckbeard:

Pinwiz11 posted:

I love that the Horseman travels with a bandoleer filled with shotgun shells.

I also cheered at the horseman with a goddamn bandoleer. This show continues to deliver.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

johntfs posted:

I loved that Katrina's maiden name was von Tassel just like in the story.

Also, "I thought only horses slept standing up!" was glorious.

Van Tassel :eng101:

But yeah, they seemed to kind of wrap things up real quick this week, but I'm really hoping John Noble and Free Mason dudes stick around ala Jenny.

This show is just filling up with badasses.

I kind of think the horseman and Zombie Sulu are kind of hosed, right?

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Tryon Palace represent.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I loving love this show, and I'll be very disappointed if John Noble doesn't show up again in the future. It seems they've cut back a bit on the previous episode flashbacks/lengthy explanations for new viewers, which works for me (And while it's still there, it's a bit more subtle for the most part).

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Man John Noble is perfect in that sin eater role. Can't wait for him to (hopefully) become a full member of the team.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
I was wondering how long it would take for them to introduce Freemasons.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

AndyP posted:

I was wondering how long it would take for them to introduce Freemasons.

So are they the good guys? Aren't they usually portrayed as one of many secret societies that plot and plan poo poo, influence higher powers, illuminati-like, or have I seen one too many conspiracy theory bullshit shows on the History channel?

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

Knee posted:

So are they the good guys? Aren't they usually portrayed as one of many secret societies that plot and plan poo poo, influence higher powers, illuminati-like, or have I seen one too many conspiracy theory bullshit shows on the History channel?

Don't go there, bro. Remember what show you are watching.

Just enjoy the insanity.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Show. You loving done something no other network show has ever done. Made me sad when the main character had to "die" 6 episodes in. Come on. We all knew he wouldn't....but gently caress. They sold that scene. And for second...I did believe it would happen. And it hurt. This show has made me care for these characters quicker then any show I've ever seen. I won't call it the best show ever. But man. It's just so impressive. Especially considering the channel it's on, the people who made it. (Kinda my least favorite people in Hollywood, Orci, Kurtzman, and Len Wiseman). But man. They struck gold here.

Oh and the camera work, and monsters rule as always.

And John Noble. :black101:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I was almost disappointed when it looked like the eating part was going to happen (traditionally a sin-eater ate a meal on the deceased's coffin to absolve them) and then the bread! :black101:!

om nom nom sins.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

What confuses me is Crane was bound to the horseman, now John Noble has taken his place, right? He said he could feel him awake and all. If Crane had killed himself the horseman would have died as well. That's what that was all about, right? If Noble now kills himself.. the horseman would die, since he is the new bound person? Or that's different for Sin Eaters?

I don't want Noble to kill himself, plus, we know that's not going to happen as it would kind of end the series. But how does this work now? I am just mixed up about Noble now being bound to the horseman rather than Crane and the whole "you die, the horseman dies" part with Crane. Or I am totally wrong and Noble is not "bound" but can still feel what the horseman is up to?

I am over-thinking too much and need sleep... sorry.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Great episode. Did anyone notice Noble had some of the black goo on the corner of his mouth? I was hoping someone would be like “You've got some sin, right there. No, the other side."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Knee posted:

What confuses me is Crane was bound to the horseman, now John Noble has taken his place, right? He said he could feel him awake and all. If Crane had killed himself the horseman would have died as well. That's what that was all about, right? If Noble now kills himself.. the horseman would die, since he is the new bound person? Or that's different for Sin Eaters?

I don't want Noble to kill himself, plus, we know that's not going to happen as it would kind of end the series. But how does this work now? I am just mixed up about Noble now being bound to the horseman rather than Crane and the whole "you die, the horseman dies" part with Crane. Or I am totally wrong and Noble is not "bound" but can still feel what the horseman is up to?

I am over-thinking too much and need sleep... sorry.

I don't think Sin Eating transfers the connection. Noble could already sense supernatural stuff, and Headless is a pretty big manifestation of bad juju.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I can not wait for the next episode of 'John Cho -- Demonic Temp'.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Also known as the episode where Irving will have to say "bye-bye" to his skepticism.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

It's nice that, for once, Freemasons aren't evil master planners. They're good or possibly morally ambiguous master planners. This matches with all the Freemasons I know, who are definitely not middle aged to elderly fat white men who cook hotdogs and tell boring stories.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Knee posted:

I think most fiction treats them like the Templars. That is to say, they just make up a bunch of poo poo about them to make them fit whatever role they need.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Gyges posted:

I don't think Sin Eating transfers the connection. Noble could already sense supernatural stuff, and Headless is a pretty big manifestation of bad juju.

True enough. It was just that he consumed the horsemans' blood after it was separated from Crane. From what I have read, Sin Eating doesn't involve consuming the individuals bodily fluids in any way. Seemed like a "transfer of ownership" so-to-speak. But no, I would say you are right.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

BreakAtmo posted:

Great episode. Did anyone notice Noble had some of the black goo on the corner of his mouth? I was hoping someone would be like "You've got some sin, right there. No, the other side."

I didn't notice that, I was too busy laughing at the fact that he sopped up his sin with a biscuit.

Knee posted:

True enough. It was just that he consumed the horsemans' blood after it was separated from Crane. From what I have read, Sin Eating doesn't involve consuming the individuals bodily fluids in any way. Seemed like a "transfer of ownership" so-to-speak. But no, I would say you are right.

I don't think he consumed the horsemans blood. He drained a puddle of blood out of Ichabod and then is separated into two puddles. I'm guessing that one symbolized the horseman and one Ichabod. Then he sopped up the blood from one puddle, which I assumed to be Ichabods.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

KilGrey posted:

I don't think he consumed the horsemans blood. He drained a puddle of blood out of Ichabod and then is separated into two puddles. I'm guessing that one symbolized the horseman and one Ichabod. Then he sopped up the blood from one puddle, which I assumed to be Ichabods.

You could be right, in fact most likely. I guess I assumed it was the horsemans' cause I have been stuck on the idea that Noble took over the "bond." I obviously need to re-watch the episode. Though, what you said makes sense in that he wasn't "eating" the horsemans sins, but Ichabod's.

I'll drop it now. So anyway, anyone else hoping that the Masons remain goodish guys, new allies? I hope they are keepers of dark secrets over the decades and willing to share, maybe even have a few users of secret arts in their collective. I must admit, I don't know too much about Masons/Freemasons. I'll need to read up a bit and then see how they turn out in the realm of Sleepy Hollow.

I did find out that James Frain (the possible leader, that we saw, of this group of Masons) will be a guest-star in multiple episodes. I watch Grimm and recognized him right away. He plays a real good bastard.

Final note here.. should I be calling them Masons or Freemasons? Did the former become the latter, or kind of two different, yet same, groups? In terms of Sleepy Hollow of course (if we know, otherwise just in general, I guess).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The season finale will include Freemasons versus the Hessians as the former holds off the latter so Ichabod and Abbie can go do season finale things. Jenny will lead them of course.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Knee posted:

Final note here.. should I be calling them Masons or Freemasons? Did the former become the latter, or kind of two different, yet same, groups? In terms of Sleepy Hollow of course (if we know, otherwise just in general, I guess).

Masons is shorthand for Freemason. Unless you're actually talking about stone masons outside of this thread, just use mason as you feel appropriate.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Isn't Washington supposed to also be a mason? I think that would pretty much guarantee the masons are going to remain good guys.

CelticPredator posted:

Show. You loving done something no other network show has ever done. Made me sad when the main character had to "die" 6 episodes in. Come on. We all knew he wouldn't....but gently caress. They sold that scene. And for second...I did believe it would happen. And it hurt. This show has made me care for these characters quicker then any show I've ever seen. I won't call it the best show ever. But man. It's just so impressive. Especially considering the channel it's on, the people who made it. (Kinda my least favorite people in Hollywood, Orci, Kurtzman, and Len Wiseman). But man. They struck gold here.

I would actually be totally okay if the series eventually ended with Ichabod dying/going to the afterlife to be with Katrina. It feels right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Washington was absolutely a freemason.

• Locked thread