Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The actual fight with Firefly was kind of routine - it was basically Poison Ivy from AA again. Spam batarangs endlessly, dodge projectiles (fire in this case), replace explosive gel with batclaws and punches, rinse and repeat. But my god, the entire thing was so cinematic that I didn't even care and it never felt like it was being cinematic at the expense of me being in control. And I have to say, his character design was rad as hell. Firefly used to look like a loving moron in BTAS but he looked pretty drat good here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

raditts posted:

There were at least a couple guys with shields and tazers for me on that one. Maybe because I was playing on hard. Guessing you probably want to play on normal (is there an easy mode?) if you want to get those challenges easily.

Got to try this on hard and again it was just 20 guys with pipes and a few blades. No shield dudes, tazers or anything else. Perfect for the 15th challenge combo.

Did you do the Bird sidequest the first time it came up or did you wait until after the story mission? Or maybe it's different on certain platforms? (I'm on PC).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
God dammit Gordon why did you wait until I was almost done everything before sending me off to find 20 mooks to beat up for you.

For reference, you don't get the most wanted mission from Gordon until you've solved all the crime scenes.

Has anyone figured our where to do the straight 250m glide? Does it mean 'straight line', or is it just glide for 250m?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

God dammit Gordon why did you wait until I was almost done everything before sending me off to find 20 mooks to beat up for you.

For reference, you don't get the most wanted mission from Gordon until you've solved all the crime scenes.

Has anyone figured our where to do the straight 250m glide? Does it mean 'straight line', or is it just glide for 250m?

I think you have to end up 250 meters away from where you started by gliding, it's pretty easy. I think the flying is much easier in Origins, the VR training missions took me 3 attempts max compared to the frustration I ran into in City.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

randombattle posted:

I feel the fight would have been way better if you didn't need to hit him with 50 batarangs per health bar. Had it been like 2 hits but it's real hard to land them it would have been way better.

All you need to do is hit him with a glue bomb after he attacks you enough then He will be stunned enough for you to get him down once.

Still if their is one thing I like about his boss fight it's how much he is loving the fight.

"You say arsonist, I say arsonITE."
"Don't hate me Batman all I want to do is melt your face."

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 5, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

randombattle posted:

I feel the fight would have been way better if you didn't need to hit him with 50 batarangs per health bar. Had it been like 2 hits but it's real hard to land them it would have been way better.

You don't. You use the glue bomb and then hit him a few times.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
https://www.humblebundle.com/

AA and AC are in here for a total of <$5 if you have these on consoles and want to roll with the big boys, or if you're insane and wrong and haven't played them yet somehow.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ImpAtom posted:

I really am convinced that the PC version has more glitches than are obvious. I've seriously done everything I can to replicate the combat problems in the PS3 version and I just can't. I've gone into big brawls in story mode, I've played around in challenge maps, and I'm just not seeing it.

If it isn't that then I don't know what it is because I seriously did not approach AO any different from AC and I've been able to do everything that people claim doesn't work/was changed/whatever.

I keep finding myself agreeing with you throughout this whole thread (and I also keep thinking your avatar is Butthead whenever I glance at it).

I think you and I are the only ones who must have bought un-hosed up copies of the game or something because our opinion is definitely in the minority. I'm playing on 360 and the timing, counters, special moves and everything else feel exactly the same as they always have. I'm not having any issues whatsoever with the combat, ledge takedowns, hanging takedowns or anything at all that people are bitching about beyond a couple of game freezes. I don't find it hard to get around the city or find grapple points either and the camera seems the same too. It would come in too tight in City all the time.

The interface is clunkier, the skills tree is hosed and the game lacks a certain coat of polish that the other two had but I'm getting around and fighting just fine.

Edit:

What does everyone think was so great about the Deathstroke fight anyway? It felt to me like a Resident Evil 6 Quick Time battle. Almost none of your gadgets work on him, there's very little strategy to it beyond memorizing his moves, knowing when to counter and then dying 3 or 4 times until you learn when to hit the right buttons and the whole fight felt like trial and error to me.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 5, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

I keep finding myself agreeing with you throughout this whole thread (and I also keep thinking your avatar is Butthead whenever I glance at it).

I think you and I are the only ones who must have bought un-hosed up copies of the game or something because our opinion is definitely in the minority. I'm playing on 360 and the timing, counters, special moves and everything else feel exactly the same as they always have. I'm not having any issues whatsoever with the combat, ledge takedowns, hanging takedowns or anything at all that people are bitching about beyond a couple of game freezes. I don't find it hard to get around the city or find grapple points either and the camera seems the same too. It would come in too tight in City all the time.

The interface is clunkier, the skills tree is hosed and the game lacks a certain coat of polish that the other two had but I'm getting around and fighting just fine.

I think the grapple points are a bit sloppier to be fair, but not enough I couldn't get around. Just enough that I had to double-think sometimes where in AC I would just hit the button and know a grapple point was nearby. Especially in the bridge area which I think is probably the sloppiest point in the game.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Especially in the bridge area which I think is probably the sloppiest point in the game.
That goddamn bridge should have been half the length.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The reason that everybody likes the Deathstroke fight is because it's fun. There's a very polished, cinematic feel to it and it engages the player from the get go. I guess it loses it's charm if you get your rear end kicked, but I wiped him first time through (Hard mode) and had a blast doing so.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

BiggerBoat posted:

I could chalk a lot of the problems I'm seeing (same that others have reported) up to my imagination and frustration but targeting gargoyles and ledges in predator challenge rooms is definitely much harder for me in AO than AC or AA. In the previous titles I never even had to think about it, just aim and zoom off, but now I frequently find myself unable to target a ledge across the room without first jumping off the one I'm on and swooping towards my destination. There are some issues in the city as well esp. at the bridge but the challenge rooms really get my goat.

...and the camera. That I can't ignore even if I'd want to because people keep hitting me from where I can't see them, which did not happen or only happened in singular occasions in either of the previous games. I only started to notice how annoying it was in new game+ where you have to watch the thug's animation for a counter, and it gets a bit difficult when his entire attack animation plays outside the camera and the fist pops in view to clock me at the end.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
The one grappling issue that bugs me is Sheldon Park. Why in the hell is the entire west border blocked off by the ungrappleable Gotham Light and Power?

If you're just swinging on by, you have to go under through one passageway into the Bowery or all the way north into another district then go west to get there. It's not even a story thing, just inconvenient. :confused:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

The one grappling issue that bugs me is Sheldon Park. Why in the hell is the entire west border blocked off by the ungrappleable Gotham Light and Power?

If you're just swinging on by, you have to go under through one passageway into the Bowery or all the way north into another district then go west to get there. It's not even a story thing, just inconvenient. :confused:

You can swing around the south End of it, but yeah, still a huge pain

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Ok, like I said, some interesting bits from the art book -

Gotham was supposed to be filled with evacuation signs to explain the lack of civilians, but they were taken down as it took away from the warmth of Christmas. The storm was supposed to be much more severe in game.

They say they have big plans for Deadshot going forwards.

Past that, there's nothing really else of note - Quite a let down

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Grapple talk: I was really excited about the prospect of a section of the city with bigger buildings and just the idea of having a more vertical space to work in, but I find myself continually frustrated by the content that isn't there. There are huge buildings, sure, but you can't get up them. They're just window dressing. I was stuck at ground level while playing the other day, because I was surrounded by a bunch of big buildings and none of them had grapple points. I mean, why even bother? I felt like I was Batman, but some weird version of him that had lost his Batmobile keys and was waiting for his mom to come pick him up after Beating on Bad Guys Practice or whatever.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm more disappointed that you couldn't climb Wonder Tower or go under into Wonder City.

Actually why the gently caress didn't we get more underground sections?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Anyone else think Gotham feels so loving tiny? In Asylum, when you glance across the bay, you see a huge city, same with Arkham City really. If it was just specified to be the downtown core of he city, or even a couple neighbourhoods and you could see more of the city in the distance, it would be ok I'd feel.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fingerless Gloves posted:

They say they have big plans for Deadshot going forwards.

Of course the Suicide Squad is not the Suicide Squad without Deadshot.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Deleuzionist posted:

I could chalk a lot of the problems I'm seeing (same that others have reported) up to my imagination and frustration but targeting gargoyles and ledges in predator challenge rooms is definitely much harder for me in AO than AC or AA. In the previous titles I never even had to think about it, just aim and zoom off, but now I frequently find myself unable to target a ledge across the room without first jumping off the one I'm on and swooping towards my destination. There are some issues in the city as well esp. at the bridge but the challenge rooms really get my goat.

...and the camera. That I can't ignore even if I'd want to because people keep hitting me from where I can't see them, which did not happen or only happened in singular occasions in either of the previous games. I only started to notice how annoying it was in new game+ where you have to watch the thug's animation for a counter, and it gets a bit difficult when his entire attack animation plays outside the camera and the fist pops in view to clock me at the end.

I'm so loving sick of the camera. Half of my fights it just spins the entire time and I can't even finish it because holy gently caress i'm going to throw up from all the spinning. Between that and the bugs i'm hitting (I think my door issue is game breaking, I can't find what I'm doing wrong at all) I think I'm just going to beat AC again and sit out on this one.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Just finished the Riddler data packs, still have a handful of Anarky signs and and Gotham markers to find. Does finding them all unlock anything cool or reveal interesting tidbits? If not, I think I'm just gonna play the MP for a while. So far, the Anarky stuff just nets me sophomoric rants about how bad The Man is, and I have no idea where to find the markers. Doing all the Riddler stuff kinda wore me out and if all I get out of these last two treasure hunts is some more gently caress you dad politics and a long winded story about how the penguin's dad killed somebody, my Batman fatigue will be irreversible.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Well thats a pain in the arse. The final Joker fight and it won't recognise counter. For fucks sake.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Deleuzionist posted:

...and the camera. That I can't ignore even if I'd want to because people keep hitting me from where I can't see them, which did not happen or only happened in singular occasions in either of the previous games.

Happened to me all the time in AC. I even posted about it a while back in the "PYF Dragging This Game Down" thread. I don't know. Like I said, I know I'm in the minority here with my opinion so I'm treading lightly here and not trying to cheer lead or thread poo poo but for the most part everything feels exactly the same to me. Could be because I play on normal difficulty and could never deal without the counter icons too.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

mysterious frankie posted:

Just finished the Riddler data packs, still have a handful of Anarky signs and and Gotham markers to find. Does finding them all unlock anything cool or reveal interesting tidbits? If not, I think I'm just gonna play the MP for a while. So far, the Anarky stuff just nets me sophomoric rants about how bad The Man is, and I have no idea where to find the markers. Doing all the Riddler stuff kinda wore me out and if all I get out of these last two treasure hunts is some more gently caress you dad politics and a long winded story about how the penguin's dad killed somebody, my Batman fatigue will be irreversible.

I actually liked the Cyrus Pinkney side-quest and how it ended, but to my knowledge getting 100 percent of the journal and Anarky scans doesn't give any specific suits, gadgets, etc. Basically just XP and 100% on the Gotham Intel section. The hidden scans thing kinda peaked with the Amadeus Arkham stuff in the first game, but I thought these were okay. Most of the Anarky ones do come across as a bit silly, but there are some I genuinely like (like the one about the erosion of unions, etc.). Anarky to me was actually one of the highlights of the game. I loved his Luigi Galleani radio broadcast, the goon dialogue during his side-missions, and his extortion audio clips.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

BiggerBoat posted:

What does everyone think was so great about the Deathstroke fight anyway? It felt to me like a Resident Evil 6 Quick Time battle. Almost none of your gadgets work on him, there's very little strategy to it beyond memorizing his moves, knowing when to counter and then dying 3 or 4 times until you learn when to hit the right buttons and the whole fight felt like trial and error to me.

My problem with Deathstroke is that you read his description and it says "Possibly the most dangerous foe Batman has ever faced!"

So you're two hours in and bam, he shows up out of nowhere. The boss fight is ok I guess, not a lot of nuance to it but hey its only the first time we're fighting him. Alright he's captured but I'm sure he'll break out later and we'll have our epic duel. Or, not! So much for the greatest threat Batman will ever face. Step aside, interesting characters, we've got to get more Joker in here.

I like the Joker but he doesn't have to be the main villain of every Batman game.

EDIT: I was hopeful as I went through the game but at some point you realize all the assassins have as much character development as Megaman bosses and serve the same purpose.

RadicalWall fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 5, 2013

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

RadicalWall posted:

I like the Joker but he doesn't have to be the main villain of every Batman game.

Yeah. This irked me, too. To their credit, the high point of writing and dialog came when Joker is in Blackgate describing how his whole life was fated for meeting this one person (Batman) while he's talking to Harley, and she assumes he's talking about her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Yeah. This irked me, too. To their credit, the high point of writing and dialog came when Joker is in Blackgate describing how his whole life was fated for meeting this one person (Batman) while he's talking to Harley, and she assumes he's talking about her.

That was fantastic, and I would have been so, so, so happy if that was the end of the Joker for this story, and they'd just stuck with Bane as the main bad guy from that point on. For that matter, it did bother me that Black Mask wasn't the one who came up with the bounty idea - I would have loved it if he was the one who kicked everything off only to completely lose control once the "freaks" moved into town. The fact that the real Black Mask makes relatively few appearances was a real downer for me.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well at least the 4th game won't have him. Surely right? Because honestly enough already. Story spoiler

As soon as his named popped up on that murder scene, it was like watch him be behind it all. And sure enough he was. It was like this again really? Come on I really wanted to see Black Mask do something but then he was basically thrown as a wanted criminal mission that wasn't that great either. Such wasted potential. I did like the whole Joker in blackgate writing, that was pretty cool and was nice how they thought their own way of how he got Harely on his side. Still Troy Baker did a really good job and not sound like Mark Hammil. This joker felt more like Jackson's joker more than the TAS one.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Discendo Vox posted:

Maybe this is worth a general discussion prompt:
In one sentence, how would you have implemented a bossfight against the following Batman villains(or others not appearing in the games)?

[*]Joker

A fight with the Joker should be different compared to what we see with other characters. It should be a fight like it was in City, but he has different moves that come out randomly. Sure, he can punch, and you can counter that, but he also has a joy buzzer attack that acts like the tazer guys (can't counter, must dodge). Similarly, he could have a knife attack, you can dodge, but not takedown. You can do disarm/destroy, but he just pulls another knife from his jacket. Instant takedowns are dodged immediately, like in city, so if you pull that poo poo it kills your combo. Maybe have him act a bit like the psychos from Asylum (I forget their gimmick)

[*]The Mad Hatter
Have it be a pain in the rear end, but I see two parts. One where he has a team of mind controlled goons, like always, but he's there in the fray as well, popping in and out. If you go to target him directly, he just pops out and some random mook takes place, until he's the last man standing. Also, detective vision "works", but it makes things look bright and cheerful. Like Carebears or something just really out of place. The second gimmick is that the counter indicator colors are swapped, so normal attacks show red, blade attacks are blue and shield/charge/tazer attacks are yellow. You have to pay attention or re-train your brain. Or I guess you could just dodge everything, but where's the fun in that?

[*]Freeze
I think we already got as good as we will with Freeze

[*]Scarecrow
I can see having fun with a mind gently caress predator level in a way. Think of any standard predator room from Asylum or City. There are gargoyles, grates, vents, destructible walls, whatever. Two parts to this. First, the guys on patrol have a few powers at their disposal. First, they are creepy looking monster style guys (Like how batman looks at about midgame here). Second, while they have a set patrol path in general, they can vanish at random intervals. So you would set up a corner takedown, get ready to pounce, and then *poof* guy disappears into thin air. Only to re-appear a short time later. The other idea I had was that periodically in the room, creepy things would happen. If you are sitting on a gargoyle, it will turn to look at you and say something or maybe alert the guys below "He's on my head guys! Over here!" Crawling in a vent or a grate and looking out might have some sort of jump scare pop up to break your concentration.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Somehow AngstyFerrets didn't know the Joker was in it either, like some of the others in this thread.

I tried to avoid a lot of spoilers, but with billboards and things showing his face everywhere I don't know how anyone wouldn't think he was in it. I always thought it was constantly billed as "when the Batman and Joker first meet".

I really liked the crime re-construction bits when the Joker felt legitimately creepy and mysterious -- unpredictable, even. But then it got a bit so-so.

The Firefly stuff was great, and I think the whole assassin's thing played out really well. Not sure how they'd shove it into the increasingly-complex-Arkham-games-mythos, but I'd dig an open world setting with numerous villains that you could tackle in any order. Each with their own "turf" so to speak. Maybe a Mega Man element with upgrades.

As I understand it that Blackgate game is a bit like that?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Jerusalem posted:

That was fantastic, and I would have been so, so, so happy if that was the end of the Joker for this story, and they'd just stuck with Bane as the main bad guy from that point on. For that matter, it did bother me that Black Mask wasn't the one who came up with the bounty idea - I would have loved it if he was the one who kicked everything off only to completely lose control once the "freaks" moved into town. The fact that the real Black Mask makes relatively few appearances was a real downer for me.

Yeah. I was really bummed that Black Mask was relegated to a side mission after the shell game was revealed. I really liked his voice actor and would like to have seen Batman taking on a mafia-style crime syndicate with higher stakes than the Maronis or Falcones. You really could have left Joker out of the picture from there - he's in Blackgate and even the rioting inmates are too scared to let him out. His story really peaks in the first sequence where he shoots his goons and tells Batman what bad men they were, then turning the gun on himself to call Batman's bluff, followed by that Joker-Harley sequence. Honestly, I didn't really care for their take on Bane. He starts off close to the comic book roots where he's intelligent and even discerns Batman's identity, but by the end he's even worse than the Arkham Asylum/Arkham City portrayals. Then again, I only really liked Nolanverse Bane anyway. I would have preferred for Black Mask to take the reigns as the antagonist at that point.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Well at least the 4th game won't have him. Surely right? Because honestly enough already. Story spoiler

Don't kid yourself. Joker will be there. Joker will always loving be there. What fun would Batman be without all Joker, all the time? It's not like Batman has a huge stable of interesting, well developed primary and secondary antagonists to focus on. The next game will probably be about the Joker hunting the Joker through the mind of the Joker and then in a third act twist we'll find out the Joker was actually being set up by the Joker, so that the Joker could get close enough to infect the Joker with a Joker serum that would turn the Joker into the Joker.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I actually liked the Cyrus Pinkney side-quest and how it ended, but to my knowledge getting 100 percent of the journal and Anarky scans doesn't give any specific suits, gadgets, etc. Basically just XP and 100% on the Gotham Intel section. The hidden scans thing kinda peaked with the Amadeus Arkham stuff in the first game, but I thought these were okay. Most of the Anarky ones do come across as a bit silly, but there are some I genuinely like (like the one about the erosion of unions, etc.). Anarky to me was actually one of the highlights of the game. I loved his Luigi Galleani radio broadcast, the goon dialogue during his side-missions, and his extortion audio clips.

I'm pretty much out of stuff to do in the main game, and walking the streets of Gotham with detective vision, looking for markers, sounds boring. I think I might hang SP up until the DLC comes out.

As for Anarky, I think his number one sin here is he's bland. The character in the comics- from what little I've seen with him in it- was intentionally made to have no problems in his life, no personality quirks or flaws, nothing. Anarky, here, is the same way.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Don't kid yourself. Joker will be there. Joker will always loving be there. What fun would Batman be without all Joker, all the time? It's not like Batman has a huge stable of interesting, well developed primary and secondary antagonists to focus on. The next game will probably be about the Joker hunting the Joker through the mind of the Joker and then in a third act twist we'll find out the Joker was actually being set up by the Joker, so that the Joker could get close enough to infect the Joker with a Joker serum that would turn the Joker into the Joker.

I'm pretty much out of stuff to do in the main game, and walking the streets of Gotham with detective vision, looking for markers, sounds boring. I think I might hang SP up until the DLC comes out.

As for Anarky, I think his number one sin here is he's bland. The character in the comics- from what little I've seen with him in it- was intentionally made to have no problems in his life, no personality quirks or flaws, nothing. Anarky, here, is the same way.

The thing is though, there are very few of them that non-comics people know about. If a villain hasn't been in a movie, people don't want to fight them.

For my part, I want to see King Tut in the next one.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Platypus Farm posted:

I'll boycott the next one if Egghead isn't in it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

The thing is though, there are very few of them that non-comics people know about. If a villain hasn't been in a movie, people don't want to fight them.

There are more interesting ways to keep Joker involved in the story without him being the big twist mastermind. Right off the top of my head; have John Paul Valley- or some analogue to the character- enter into Gotham with plans to remove Bruce from his post and assume the position as the new Batman. Joker doesn't want this to happen, because you're the object of his obsession and so, in his own twisted way, he attempts to help you out and causes more chaos and destruction than he prevents. The way they used him in the first game was great, the second not so much and then in the third it was passable, just because it's an origin story. There are a lot of better ways to have the Joker stick around without making him the center of attention.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Yeah. I was really bummed that Black Mask was relegated to a side mission after the shell game was revealed. I really liked his voice actor and would like to have seen Batman taking on a mafia-style crime syndicate with higher stakes than the Maronis or Falcones. You really could have left Joker out of the picture from there - he's in Blackgate and even the rioting inmates are too scared to let him out. His story really peaks in the first sequence where he shoots his goons and tells Batman what bad men they were, then turning the gun on himself to call Batman's bluff, followed by that Joker-Harley sequence. Honestly, I didn't really care for their take on Bane. He starts off close to the comic book roots where he's intelligent and even discerns Batman's identity, but by the end he's even worse than the Arkham Asylum/Arkham City portrayals. Then again, I only really liked Nolanverse Bane anyway. I would have preferred for Black Mask to take the reigns as the antagonist at that point.

To be fair with Bane, they didn't have a choice there. Asylum Bane is an idiot. If they wanted to write a strong, intelligent Bane they had to have something happen to him at the end that led up to Asylum's version of Bane. Yeah it sucks, but I was ok with having a strong Bane for 90% of the story, even if they had to end him in such a lovely way.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Riddler, Bane, Ra's al Ghul. Hell, doing an Arkhamverse version of Harvey Dent's fall from grace is easy. You could even have done it in this one. Have the assassin plan be Black Mask's idea, but say... Firefly kidnaps Dent among others to draw out the Bat. Harvey gets himself burned trying to rescue his fellow captives or help Batman, thus being punished for trying to do the right thing, and boom, you've got your origin of a luck-obsessed baddie.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Platypus Farm posted:

Oh you mean characters in the Arkham trilogy like:

Victor Zsasz
Killer Croc
Harley Quinn
Hugo Strange
Clayface
Solomon Grundy
Deadshot
Mad Hatter
Hush
Black Mask
Deathstroke
Copperhead
Firefly
Lady Shiva
Electrocutioner
Anarky

It's probably more likely that they're just lazy.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Give Rocksteady the benefit of the doubt. Arkham Asylum's easter eggs referenced Quincy Sharpe's mayoral campaign and plans for Arkham City. They followed up on that. Arkham City's easter eggs referenced Scarecrow's plans for vengeance, and assuming their next game is a direct sequel to Arkham City the Joker's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hell, they even showed Alberto Falcone, AKA Holiday. It was set on Christmas eve! Why the hell did not at least make that a most wanted? (Hell, thy shoulda shown Harvey Dent pre-scarring in this game too I feel)

• Locked thread