Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tomn posted:

Oh, yeah, just had a thought.

Snarls, what's your name for Danal?

Reposting this, think dio may have missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

quote:

Snarls, what's your name for Danal?

The cub. Smells like Pack.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What names does snarls have for Azzael, Ishamal, Aron, Chait, Lullaya, pretty much anyone we've spent any significant time with, do any of them smell not like pack?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I kinda want Enkidel to make a compilation of Snarls' name for people and things, maybe write a book.
Seriously.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Snarl's ability to 'make a face' that causes food to spontaneously drop is as good as any Vayahi Orring we have done. He might be a sorcerer.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

jazzyhattrick posted:

What names does snarls have for Azzael, Ishamal, Aron, Chait, Lullaya, pretty much anyone we've spent any significant time with, do any of them smell not like pack?
The "ask Snarls what people smell like as we meet them" plan got enough support to incorporate it into future updates. If you want a full list in one go, it will take the place of an update.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll vote the ultimate list of Snarls names.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Names as we meet people. Let's keep that story moving.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

jazzyhattrick posted:

Seconded.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

jazzyhattrick posted:

Hell yes.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

For my two cents, I think it would probably be more entertaining to spread it out, as well as more useful to know the smell when you deal with people, but I do not get a vote.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
My notion was to build it as we go. Maybe give Snarl's a standing job of letting us know if people smell funny or he feels bad about them.

Iirc he told us Azz looked funny, but smelled good.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I swear we need a wiki or something just to keep track of all this poo poo.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Diogines posted:

but I do not get a vote.

Why not? Casting vote in the event of a tie, just like the vice president. It feels like a more satisfying solution than next vote gets to decide.

I vote that we give Diogines the vote. Universal suffrage beeatch!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I have been attempting before the introduction of "The World According to Snarls Barkley". I might add a section to the Book of Names.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

jazzyhattrick posted:

Why not? Casting vote in the event of a tie, just like the vice president. It feels like a more satisfying solution than next vote gets to decide.

Seconded!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Spread the names out.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

jazzyhattrick posted:

Vetoed.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A veto? This is unprecedented! Do we have the 2/3rds majority necessary to overturn a veto?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Probably, but then the inevitable lawsuit will take it to the Supreme Court, and I don't think Chief Justice Diogines is going to let it go without being struck down.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Diogines posted:

For my two cents, I think it would probably be more entertaining to spread it out, as well as more useful to know the smell when you deal with people, but I do not get a vote.

Voting for Plan Diogenes

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

the_steve posted:

No matter which way you slice it, logical reason or no, we DID break her heart, and I doubt she was able to get any closure over it since it's not like she could really talk to anybody about it.

I don't know if splitting up with a teenage fling of a few months is really the life-altering, ego-shattering, existential-angsting calamity you're making it out to be :cheeky: I'm sure she was sad, but people get over breakups, particularly when there's an obviously good reason. We may have 'broken her heart' in a temporary and time-heals-all-wounds sort of way, but were we wrong to do so? It had to be done, I'm not sure it's the sort of thing we should be prepared to do a massive amount of apologizing over, nor that she ought to be expecting us to.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I'm sorry, are you implying it's possible for a woman to fully recover after being near our 28-pearl, dulce de leche self? Because I'd have to disagree. :colbert:

Honestly, we're just lucky to entire city of Zepath hasn't exploded yet from our sheer goony charisma.

(Also voting for an update instead of the names)

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 5, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Theglavwen posted:

I don't know if splitting up with a teenage fling of a few months is really the life-altering, ego-shattering, existential-angsting calamity you're making it out to be :cheeky: I'm sure she was sad, but people get over breakups, particularly when there's an obviously good reason. We may have 'broken her heart' in a temporary and time-heals-all-wounds sort of way, but were we wrong to do so? It had to be done, I'm not sure it's the sort of thing we should be prepared to do a massive amount of apologizing over, nor that she ought to be expecting us to.

Yes, I'm sure the Bronze Age teenager is looking back on heartbreak with a level head and thinks about the whole thing rationally.

You're not wrong, but you ain't right either.

Update instead of names

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
An update is more preferable to a list of names.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

If anyone wants to do a count, it will save me time tonight.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

paragon1 posted:

Yes, I'm sure the Bronze Age teenager is looking back on heartbreak with a level head and thinks about the whole thing rationally.

You're not wrong, but you ain't right either.

Update instead of names

Eh, I don't think it's so much a case of her requiring a perfectly robotic beep-boop logical outlook on the thing, and more that even people who feel legitimately sad and wish things had gone the other way are still, on the whole, reasonable people. You can simultaneously feel sadness and regrey yet still acknowledge the reasons why things happened, particularly with years of distance between yourself and the event; at the very least, I don't think she'd still be holding grudges, set to derail the emotional rollercoaster unless we come grovelling and recanting all our past rationale. I'd hope, if anything, she'd be happy that things have changed, like, presumably, we are.

I suppose we'll see when we meet her though.

Also voting for update I guess.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Diogines posted:

Yes! Mates? Lots of food! Good time! Pack grows stronger! Will watch the cubs and teach them to hunt the-food-place-where-the-meat-falls and how to make the face to make it fall!

Well, you heard the dog, folks. Time to get married.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am counting votes.

Question 1 is:

1. Why are you going to go see Naomi?
A. Just to say hi.
B. To show off a bit about my glorious conquest and rise in stature, in a way meant to impress.
C. To show off a bit about my glorious conquest and rise in stature, but not to impress.
D. To find out if she still cares for me, but I do not outright ask.
E. To find out if she still cares for me, I do outright ask.
F. To apologize for rejecting her.
G. Something else. Fill in.

Question 1 is currently sitting at:
(12 votes)
AD-8
D-4

versus

(11 votes)
EF-10
E-1

Excluding a handful of other votes for other options.

It is not a tie, but the voting is close enough. I will keep voting open for another 20 minutes. New votes fire away. Anyone who wants to change their votes, go ahead, but please post what your old vote was.
AD is to say hello and to find out if she still cares for you, but you do not ask.
EF is to ask her if she still ares for you and to apologize for rejecting her.

All other questions are closed.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 6, 2013

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
EF

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
oh wait I think I already voted on these

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You voted BDH, which I lumped into the D grouping.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Diogines posted:

Question 1 is currently sitting at:
(12 votes)
AD-8
D-4

versus

(11 votes)
EF-10
E-1

Excluding a handful of other votes for other options.

It is not a tie, but the voting is close enough. I will keep voting open for another 20 minutes. New votes fire away. Anyone who wants to change their votes, go ahead, but please post what your old vote was.
AD is to say hello and to find out if she still cares for you, but you do not ask.
EF is to ask her if she still ares for you and to apologize for rejecting her.

All other questions are closed.

Just curious, how is that tallied? Would that end up with a D - 12, E - 11, F - 10, A - 8 sort of thing, or are the D's in AD considered separately from the solo D's, etc?

Still think rejecting is a pretty strange word. Wasn't a case of rejecting her advances or interest, really, was a case of feeling we couldn't proceed because of our respective situations, without hurting us both. *shrug*.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Diogines posted:

You voted BDH, which I lumped into the D grouping.

Switching to EF on that one. Thanks!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'll go with A.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

AD

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Theglavwen posted:

Just curious, how is that tallied? Would that end up with a D - 12, E - 11, F - 10, A - 8 sort of thing, or are the D's in AD considered separately from the solo D's, etc?

Still think rejecting is a pretty strange word. Wasn't a case of rejecting her advances or interest, really, was a case of feeling we couldn't proceed because of our respective situations, without hurting us both. *shrug*.

When people lump voted together, I count them together, where it makes sense.

An "AB" vote is not counted as a "vote for A" and a "vote for B" but for "AB", which may as well be a new option. If we counted them separate, people select extra options would have their votes count for more. Sometimes they get split up, or similar options get grouped, depending on the question, sometimes one of the multiple elements of a vote is the "big" factor and the rest is window dressing.

It varies vote to vote.

As of right now we are at:

(13)
AD-9
D-4

versus

(14)
E-1
EF-13

With 5 other votes which fall outside of the "ask her or do not" dynamic, which is the real difference between D and EF.
A-3
B-1
AGF-1

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 6, 2013

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
An interesting coincidence that we should have a discussion about giving Diog tie-breaking powers just before what might be the closest vote we've had so far.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

We have had multiple ties for votes with more options before. People feel strongly about this one though, so I wanted to point out the closeness of the voting.

Should we leave it open till the morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Going with EF.