Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Wandering Knitter posted:

Is there a master list somewhere of all of the weather songs, and where I can buy them?

If you pull up the episode list on podbay, the metadata for each episode includes the weather and an artist link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

Is there a master list somewhere of all of the weather songs, and where I can buy them?

Each episode here lists the weather and the artists website.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/WelcomeToNightVale

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

jazz babies posted:

I wish I could erase any memory of ever listening to this podcast.

Just so I could hear every episode for the first time all over again. :allears:

I love you so much, Night Vale.

(USER WAS RE-EDUCATED FOR THIS POST)

Be careful what you wish for.

Personally I've been waiting to see pictures of Cecil getting attacked by vacuums and yet it seems that everyone on Tumblr would rather draw a hand and a computer.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Finally catching up on the episodes I missed (the last one I listened to was First Date). Maxnmona, I think I read an interview a while back where it was mentioned that you and Jeffrey take turns writing episodes. I may be wrong about that, but if I wasn't, I think it's really cool because it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I'd be really interested to know who wrote which episodes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Any plans to update the mug now that Night Value Community Radio has a logo? Also, if you're thinking plans for the future, I think a non-limited shirt that just has the NVCR logo on the breast would be nice to keep in store.

And on an unrelated note, I have stumbled across a model/actor who is basically an exact match of my image of Carlos: Luciano Szafir.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

MikeJF posted:

Any plans to update the mug now that Night Value Community Radio has a logo? Also, if you're thinking plans for the future, I think a non-limited shirt that just has the NVCR logo on the breast would be nice to keep in store.

And on an unrelated note, I have stumbled across a model/actor who is basically an exact match of my image of Carlos: Luciano Szafir.

I've been hoping for a simplified logo shirt, too. Maybe on a grey or purple shirt. :shobon:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

MikeJF posted:

The one on the mug is our logo. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Are you talking about the one on the intern shirt?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Hummingbirds posted:

Are you talking about the one on the intern shirt?

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's a fan made one just for that shirt. It is not an official logo (also it's mainly just the eye still.)

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Hell if you had some sort if fancy button-up shirt I could wear to work with a subtle logo is be all over that. Plus I need some more purple shirts, they look good on me.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
To go with more merchandising requests, I would also like a logo patch to go along with the scout badges. :shobon:
/
But seriously, more purple/grey shirts. Please?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

maxnmona posted:

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's a fan made one just for that shirt. It is not an official logo (also it's mainly just the eye still.)

Ah. I always assumed the eye was the Welcome To Night Vale or the town's logo, rather than the radio station's.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

To go with more merchandising requests, I would also like a logo patch to go along with the scout badges. :shobon:
/
But seriously, more purple/grey shirts. Please?

Yeah, purple/gray polos or button down shirts with a 36 hundread pound 5-headed dragon on the breast instead of the usual 'polo player' embroidery. Looks good enough for the standard work day, but shows your geeky side to those who pay attention.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Slaan posted:

Yeah, purple/gray polos or button down shirts with a 36 hundread pound 5-headed dragon on the breast instead of the usual 'polo player' embroidery. Looks good enough for the standard work day, but shows your geeky side to those who pay attention.

YES! I want this.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Slaan posted:

My god, man, what has your mind wrought?

Someone make this a thing and I will wear a polo shirt.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I bought a bit of Night Vale stuff the other day, I got the scout patch to go on my winter coat, the Glow Cloud shirt, and the NRA bumper stickers.

I don't have a car or even a driver's license but I've got plenty of friends' cars to stick them to. :D

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Be careful what you wish for.

What? What are you talking about?

*blinks*

...gosh, I love this podcast. I'm halfway through! :allears: ...I hope Dana's okay! :(

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Listened to the latest episode earlier today, which reminded me that there was an SA thread for Night Vale. It's my favorite thing to listen to, and it's interesting how it boosted in popularity so suddenly.

Now that Megan's shown up, I wonder if we'll hear from Champ.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh thank the BROWN stone SPIRE this thread still exists!

Another great episode, you guys are awesome. :allears:

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
Hey, it took me forever to refind this thread, but I wanted to say I really loved the music in "A Beautiful Dream." I couldn't find anywhere to buy the song (probably because it was a new release) so I actually had to make a file from the podcast to listen to it. I've been going back over the songs from the earlier episodes and most of them are growing on me. Good choice, maxnmona.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

dj_clawson posted:

I couldn't find anywhere to buy the song (probably because it was a new release)
Tom Milsom's new album Organs is out in a week or so.

Anyone have a title for the Disparition track under Computer's Farm Report?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

no City nor Corn-field

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
The episode before Halloween was fairly creepy, and Zack's episode fit the somber mood of fall. I wonder if the next episode will be about engorging yourself with bland food during family gatherings? Hmm...

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

GANDHITRON posted:

The episode before Halloween was fairly creepy, and Zack's episode fit the somber mood of fall. I wonder if the next episode will be about engorging yourself with bland food during family gatherings? Hmm...

I would prefer it Night Vale didn't do "seasonal" episodes. The desert is hot and Night Vale is scary all the time. Plus this convention doesn't work quite as well on the replay when it's NOT whatever holiday it is. Of course the podcast can do whatever it wants, but they're not obligated to follow the terrible rhythms of television writing.

And oh no! The 15 falls on a Friday night! Aye, Shabbat, ye be a harsh mistress.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I was really just wondering in an obtuse way if any consideration is given for when an episode comes out in terms of content or tone.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
So, if you had to introduce someone to Night Vale with just one or two out of context episodes, which ones would you choose? IE: Not just your favorites, but episodes that work well on their own and show the possibilities.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Markovnikov posted:

So, if you had to introduce someone to Night Vale with just one or two out of context episodes, which ones would you choose? IE: Not just your favorites, but episodes that work well on their own and show the possibilities.

A Story About You is definitely one of them.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Markovnikov posted:

A Story About You, and Subway are what I use. I'm thinking I'll add this last episode (A Beautiful Dream) as well.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I would honestly say start from the beginning. Nothing sets the tone of the series like the Forbidden Dog Park.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

shitty poker hand fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 11, 2023

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I usually start with Episode 1 so that people get a feel then jump to "A Story About You" because it's my favorite and it's probably one of the most brilliant things ever. I played a few episodes once in a room full of people and while we sort of talked a bit over the first episode, everyone was dead silent for that one. Then I jump back to Episode 2 and start in order.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I really like Poetry Week. It sets the tone really well for Night Vale, and I hope they do Poetry Week 2: Poetic Boogaloo for this year. Other than that, I would also say Blinking Light on the Mountain is pretty funny without too many in-jokes.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
If you want to get someone in from the "Scary" angle, I would start them off with Cassette actually, then when they work their way back up to it it will BLOW THEIR loving MIND.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Really loving the new episode. It's nice to have something that feels seasonal to the southern hemisphere for a change instead of all the cold winter stuff we usually have to sit through at this time of year.

And I am totally excited for child army vs Strexcorp.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

I'd post my thoughts on the new episode, but UGH... Doing stuff! AmIrite?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Perfect, imperfect Carlos. :3:

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Woah. I got the day wrong! It's like the episode came a day early! And it was ADORABLE. Carlos is ... such a weirdo? I guess in Night Vale he is.

Maxnmona, I'd like to congratulate you on your successful gender transition.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Cecil's little laugh in the Brown Stone Spire segment is fantastically creepy.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Werong Bustope posted:

Cecil's little laugh in the Brown Stone Spire segment is fantastically creepy.

Fantastically, deeply, unsettlingly, majestically creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
I thought it was nice to get back into the community news from Night Vale, after the more personal horror of Cassette and the narrower view from A Beautiful Dream. I'm glad there's some development on the subject of the Strexcorp invasion, even if it's indirect. I look forward to hearing more about Tamika Flynn's army!