Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mzbundifund posted:

Don't forget to place a heart lamp for even more regen, and a water candle to accelerate the enemy spawns to plow through the waves faster.

Fascinating, I didn't think a water candle would've done anything. I'll tack that on next time I do the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I don't think the water candle will make a difference.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RatHat posted:

Well doesn't want 15 Pumpkings at once instead of just 10?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

The White Dragon posted:

Well doesn't want 15 Pumpkings at once instead of just 10?

I made the horrible, horrible mistake of setting MaxSpawns to 50 and SpawnRate to 1 during a Pumpkin Moon with TShock. I really should have taken a screen of the face of pure horror as all the Pumpkings hovered over each other.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

RatHat posted:

The water candle increases the number of enemies that can be on screen at once by 50%. Does it not work during a pumpkin moon for some reason?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pumpkin moons probably already increase the spawn limit to the max.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
While messing around with the Pumpkin Moon in multiplayer, the first activation on top of a skybridge summoned the harpy and wyvern air force instead, until we went down to ground level.

I might have to see if that's repeatable, or if it has a similar effect in Hell.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

RatHat posted:

Pumpkin moons probably already increase the spawn limit to the max.

The wiki seems to think battle potions help.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Fish Noise posted:

While messing around with the Pumpkin Moon in multiplayer, the first activation on top of a skybridge summoned the harpy and wyvern air force instead, until we went down to ground level.

I might have to see if that's repeatable, or if it has a similar effect in Hell.

Apparently it does wherever PM enemies can't spawn, like the ocean as well. Have fun finding all the locations you can psuedo-Blood Moon in.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm just posting here to say god drat do I love the Reaper Sickle.

Got one during my first ever solar eclipse while I was just trying to farm goodie bags, then pirates decided to invade during it as well so it was just a gigantic mess but that sickle made the horror well worth it, holy poo poo.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Managed to get a set of Frost Armor almost immediately in hard mode. That was a nice bonus. I'd also heard about the mushroom guy from the chat here, so I picked up that spear too. So handy.

I had enough pixie dust and crystals to make a set of greater healing potions. I built a platform and a campfire and summoned the Destroyer. Took him out. Wasn't too bad.

Skeletron Prime spawned randomly and he killed me the first time. He spawned in again but I got him that time. That was less fun that the Destroyer.

Just got the Golden Shower yesterday. I guess I need to build a super long runway and try the Twins. Is there anything I should make sure to have first?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

crestfallen posted:

Managed to get a set of Frost Armor almost immediately in hard mode. That was a nice bonus. I'd also heard about the mushroom guy from the chat here, so I picked up that spear too. So handy.

I had enough pixie dust and crystals to make a set of greater healing potions. I built a platform and a campfire and summoned the Destroyer. Took him out. Wasn't too bad.

Skeletron Prime spawned randomly and he killed me the first time. He spawned in again but I got him that time. That was less fun that the Destroyer.

Just got the Golden Shower yesterday. I guess I need to build a super long runway and try the Twins. Is there anything I should make sure to have first?

Wings, Hermes boots (or one of their descendents) and a powerful ranged weapon are all you need to take out the Twins. Fortunately your Frost armor is just as good at boosting ranged weapons as melee weapons. Whip up a megashark, summon them, and start running in one direction. You'll have enough vertical mobility to get over hills and such in your way and enough horizontal speed to keep out of the range of the melee eye. Just burn them down over time. You can probably do it with just normal health potions, but if you've got spares lying around you might as well use them.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

Male Man posted:

Wings, Hermes boots (or one of their descendents) and a powerful ranged weapon are all you need to take out the Twins. Fortunately your Frost armor is just as good at boosting ranged weapons as melee weapons. Whip up a megashark, summon them, and start running in one direction. You'll have enough vertical mobility to get over hills and such in your way and enough horizontal speed to keep out of the range of the melee eye. Just burn them down over time. You can probably do it with just normal health potions, but if you've got spares lying around you might as well use them.
Thanks man. I have boots, and I just need a tiny bit of cash to get the Leaf Wings. (I was dumb early on with the reforging.) I think I only need a couple more shark fins to be able to make the Megashark. I think I have spare crystals to make a bunch of crystal bullets too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

So yeah, Water Candle and Battle Potion really didn't feel like they had an effect on a Pumpkin Moon. Oh well.

Got a Stake Launcher out of it finally, though! :toot:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

The Golem fight is hilariously broken.

My altar spawned on a platform so when I summon it the head gets stuck in the ceiling, I stand on the ground and kill the body from below with Magnet Sphere because it can't seem to go around objects, then when the hands are dead I move to the left and it jumps down at me, then I jump up on the platform, switch to melee gear and Mushroom Spear the head to death, and then finish the body from above with Magnet Sphere. I can basically be out of damage range for everything but the laser eyes at the end. They need to fix the bugs in this fight before they worry about cheesing Plantera.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mr. mephistopheles posted:

The Golem fight is hilariously broken.
Hell, you can out-tank him with a Nimbus Scepter plus a Spectre Set. The fight's design has problems, but I'd honestly rather him just get to the "real final boss" he was talking about wanting to make. Golem would be a pain to fix and while you can cheese it, whatev'.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Okay so I want to get some ichor for magic stuff, I have a world with crimson that I've activated hard mode in, but I'm not finding any of the monster that drops ichor. Does it have a low spawn rate or something?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ignimbrite posted:

Okay so I want to get some ichor for magic stuff, I have a world with crimson that I've activated hard mode in, but I'm not finding any of the monster that drops ichor. Does it have a low spawn rate or something?
It's very deep underground. You won't find it on the surface, or anywhere you can likely reach from the surface.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just go into the cave that Crimson generates. Set up a few water candles at the bottom and pop a battle potion for like 15 minutes and you should have plenty of ichor.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Use TShock and set SpawnTime to 1 and MaxSpawns to 500. You'll have all the ichor you could ever want in under a minute! (You'll probably also be dead without Vamp Knives, but that's the fun!)

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I just found an entrance into the lower parts of the crimson near my hellevator and farmed up enough there in pretty short order, thanks :v:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
How are you supposed to survive through the Pumpkin Moon event? Even with 2 clouds raining down and firing a Magnetic Sphere upwards at Pumpking, I still sometimes die. Is it because I have all my accessories set to damage? Am I supposed to make a special arena solely for this event?

Oh yeah also I'm still using the Spectre set since magic is still broken since they nerfed the Vampire knives.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Get an Inferno Fork, it has a higher DPS output than magnet sphere since you can spam it. And it does better when there's a huge pile of guys down under you and no pumpking to deal with.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most interesting aspect about starting hard mode is they old monsters still spawn. At first I was worried because some of them are hard enough without the new monsters. Then I got golden showers and I never even notice them before they die from stray piss.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

DrPlump posted:

The most interesting aspect about starting hard mode is they old monsters still spawn. At first I was worried because some of them are hard enough without the new monsters. Then I got golden showers and I never even notice them before they die from stray piss.

It's always hilarious to summon one of the pre hardmode bosses and see how quickly you can kill them with your new gear. I've been able to kill Eye of Cthulhu without giving him a chance to transform into his second form, stuff like that really shows how powerful you have gotten.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 6, 2013

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The White Dragon posted:

I'd honestly rather him just get to the "real final boss"
Red's been saying lately that the ultimate confrontation, the Lunar event he's been talking about, is probably going to be a horde/invasion style thing like the Pirates or Pumpkin Moon, rather than a traditional boss.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Hardcore trip report:
Orichalcum armor is awesome with the rain spell, so much incidental damage with little effort.
Poison Staff dropped from some spiders, that's a pretty solid spell shotgun.
Farmed some ichor. Golden Shower rocks as much as people say.
My Snow biome seems to be overtaken by Hallow. It's a pretty nice mix of stuff inside but I have trouble finding Pixies and getting dust for potions.
One night I got bored of staying underground in the fear of a boss spawn and decided to risk it since there was no boss spawn message this time. Well hello there Skeleton Prime! Seems that when the "spawn boss" flag is set it persists for a long time. :v: I fought him, didn't have that much trouble staying alive. The DPS part was definitely a problem though. I saw that I couldn't kill him before night's end so I jumped into my hellevator. Thankfully he didn't follow and apparently despawned.
Knowing that I'm pretty good on the survivability front and having the Golden Shower I decided to not avoid boss spawns any more. I've set up some heart/star statues in the arena above my fortress. Destroyer appeared and went down like a chump, I don't think I even needed to drink a potion once.
I made a Drax from the hallowed bars. Then I realized I could've made a pickaxe. I hate drills. Oh well, at least I can mine chlorophyte now.
Finally made home for Truffle and bought the spear. Wasted all my money on Lightning Boots reforges.
Bought a few teleporters from the steampunker girl and sealed my base shut, just in case.
Had my first solar eclipse. Fought the mob head on with the help of my dart trap pit. Got two bat wings, a broken hero sword, moon stone and an eye spring. Also an Alien outfit from a goodie bag.
I guess a trip to the Jungle is in order. Was there before to check on things, moss hornets were kind of a pain but manageable. Could use some turtle shells as well.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Someone on 4chan mentioned a brilliant thing!
You can paint flasks!

My alchemy area now looks a lot better!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zereth posted:

Get an Inferno Fork, it has a higher DPS output than magnet sphere since you can spam it. And it does better when there's a huge pile of guys down under you and no pumpking to deal with.

I don't like inferno fork since the hit detection on big enemies is pretty dicey. Half the time it just flies through them.

Also, no reason you can't cast a magnet sphere and then switch to inferno fork until it fades.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Ssthalar posted:

Someone on 4chan mentioned a brilliant thing!
You can paint flasks!

My alchemy area now looks a lot better!

Your house owns, can I see some more pictures of it?

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Read posted:

Your house owns, can I see some more pictures of it?

Sure, I stitched a "small" picture together, it turns out that it's around 11mb and it doesn't show some parts of the base, since they are spread out on the map. :v:
Also, I can't in good faith call it a house, since it's more like a Bunker of :spergin:
Edit: Adding more pictures! :spergin: for the :spergin: god! :black101:

I don't know where the ocean went in the last picture.
When I built the pier, it reached up to a block or two below it, and now it's completely gone. :ohdear:

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 7, 2013

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ssthalar posted:

I don't know where the ocean went in the last picture.
When I built the pier, it reached up to a block or two below it, and now it's completely gone. :ohdear:

You're about to experience the new "Tsunami" event.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

So this is our village, but it was like 150,000px wide so I kinda had to shrink it.

When the Halloween Event started, we'd put all our paintings in a box but our friend wanted to decorate so he started taking all our Hallows' Eve paintings and putting them under his house.

Since he was so obsessed with the girl in the painting, we decided to turn his house into a proper shrine.

As for my character I tried making the most retarded fursuit poo poo I could. I'm three Bright Rainbow Dyes short, but I guess this will do for now.

yrF
Jun 23, 2009

So, draining the oceans into hell is a great idea. Obsidian everywhere, a hellbridge already made and waiting for you. Also, the water doesn't evaporate until you disturb it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

yrF posted:

So, draining the oceans into hell is a great idea. Obsidian everywhere, a hellbridge already made and waiting for you. Also, the water doesn't evaporate until you disturb it.
The larger your world, the less effective it is. By draining both, you can actually bridge almost all of hell on a Small world, but even a Medium, it's just more trouble than it's worth to dig that far down.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Even with dynamite.

(Even digging to hell with dynamite on a large world took a long loving time, especially with water and lava screwing with your mining)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
300 bombs (Plus about a hundred gel or so for sticky bombs) is usually enough to dig 2 or three hellevators (On a small world). With proper preparation (Lava Waders, Diving Gear) you don't even need to worry about water/lava.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Just added Ssthar's and The White Dragon's respective villages to the OP.

Keep the screenshots coming!

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

The Leper Colon V posted:

The larger your world, the less effective it is. By draining both, you can actually bridge almost all of hell on a Small world, but even a Medium, it's just more trouble than it's worth to dig that far down.
What about honey? Can you flood hell with honey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zemyla posted:

What about honey? Can you flood hell with honey?
If you can get enough, yeah.

• Locked thread