Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fuckin' better be....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

zoux posted:

Fuckin' better be....

I think you can probably count on Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, and Arrow being renewed every season until the showrunners decide they just don't want to do it anymore.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
For the last 3 seasons the CW has only cancelled its two lowest-rated dramas. This year that's Carrie Diaries and Beauty and the Beast. Arrow's fine.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP02lfoCZ0c

This was posted in the Arrow thread, but they just cast that woman as a major character because the Arrow peeps know what they are about.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP02lfoCZ0c

This was posted in the Arrow thread, but they just cast that woman as a major character because the Arrow peeps know what they are about.

By cast, do you mean as a recurring, or "main titles" character?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

By cast, do you mean as a recurring, or "main titles" character?

She's Black Canary. She's recurring, but heavily featured.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I totally forgot that there even was a new Beauty and the Beast.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

I totally forgot that there even was a new Beauty and the Beast.

As did most of the people on Earth.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Beauty & the Grizzled Hunk with a Facial Scar

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Starring People's Choice Award Nominee Kristin Kreuk!

(I know, People's Choice is like the epitome of stupid awards shows but still hahaha Kristin Kreuk got nominated. For acting in something.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Glad to see someone finally recognizing Sharknado...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Looks like Sandra Bullock is "the people's Claire Danes" this year.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

hcreight posted:

Starring People's Choice Award Nominee Kristin Kreuk!

(I know, People's Choice is like the epitome of stupid awards shows but still hahaha Kristin Kreuk got nominated. For acting in something.)

The People's Choice for Favorite Least-Watched Network Television Program.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Bullock definitely deserves a nod or two for Gravity. Her nominations for The Heat are slightly less deserved, but this wasn't a big comedy year so I'm willing to give them a pass. The Heat isn't good, but it is watchable and Bullock is good in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have a category for favorite group of fans.

Pack it up people. Awards are done.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

It's not that hard to tell them apart. Dermot Mulroney is the one that can act, while Dylan McDermott is as wooden as an oak cabinet.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Manos del Sino posted:

Beauty & the Grizzled Hunk with a Facial Scar

He doesn't even have the scar this season. Mohinder from Heroes got de-Beasted with a defibrillator.

It's me. I'm the person still watching. I'd make a thread but nobody would post in it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

Looks like Sandra Bullock is "the people's Claire Danes" this year.

Gravity was a really good movie. And my heart still belongs to her.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"

BarbarousBertha posted:

He doesn't even have the scar this season. Mohinder from Heroes got de-Beasted with a defibrillator.

It's me. I'm the person still watching. I'd make a thread but nobody would post in it.

Just curious, are you hate-watching, or actively enjoying it?

Don't feel ashamed, I watched both seasons of Love in the Wild and was pretty upset when NBC refused to renew it this past summer. If you can't admit that you sometimes watch poo poo TV, you're probably lying. :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't watch anything that is bad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

futurememory posted:

Don't feel ashamed, I watched both seasons of Love in the Wild and was pretty upset when NBC refused to renew it this past summer. If you can't admit that you sometimes watch poo poo TV, you're probably lying. :colbert:

I always feel weird when I hear about shows I never knew existed on channels I regularly watch.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"

raditts posted:

I always feel weird when I hear about shows I never knew existed on channels I regularly watch.

It was a pretty terrible summer dating reality show. They took a bunch of singles, put them in the jungle, and then forced them to do Amazing Race-esque challenges and live together. You were able to swap partners at any time, but for the most part, people stuck with who they chose at the beginning. I started watching it because it was hilarious to see a bunch of airheaded people falling and rolling down hills in the Costa Rican countryside. I stayed because, well, the show delivered.

Amazingly enough, the top two couples from the first season (back in 2011) and the top two couples from the second season (from 2012) are still together today, and a few of them are engaged now. It was a dating show that actually worked.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

futurememory posted:

I'd say I actively enjoy it. The show is bad enough to hate, but it's just so deeply stupid and straight-faced about it I can't help but laugh. People use that phrase, "so bad it wraps back around to being good," an awful lot, but this is a case of wrapping back around to adorable, like a brain damaged puppy. I probably laugh about as much as I do at intentional comedies I enjoy like New Girl or Brooklyn 99 without sitting still and actively watching the way I do those shows.

The new Dracula show is nearly in this category, too, but I already watch three shows about sexy draculas.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

Gravity was a really good movie. And my heart still belongs to her.

It gave me serious panic issues, but looked great.

Oh, and speaking of lovely summer reality shows, whatever happened at the end of Siberia?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Looks like Whale Wars is finally coming back next month. I missed my summertime ritual of watching the Sea Shepherds doing the stupidest poo poo imaginable.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

...! posted:

Looks like Whale Wars is finally coming back next month. I missed my summertime ritual of watching the Sea Shepherds doing the stupidest poo poo imaginable.

This is fantastic news. I didn't think it would ever return.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

This is sort of a random question for the people who watch The Mentalist, but did they play a repeat on Sunday night? I just sat down to watch it and it's the one where Rigby's dad dies and it's a turf war between two motorcycle gangs, blah blah, but the episode description and title were for a NEW episode.

Anyway. I didn't get to watch a new episode. :sigh:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Dear TVIV, I have never watched the X-Files. Does the X-Files hold up? Should I watch the X-Files?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

spidoman posted:

Dear TVIV, I have never watched the X-Files. Does the X-Files hold up? Should I watch the X-Files?

I watched it for the first time a couple of years ago and enjoyed it a lot. The mythology episodes are incredibly dumb for the most part but the rest of the show is excellent.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

spidoman posted:

It's very good. There are weaker episodes, but all-in-all, it is great. Any CSM episodes are all-in.

I also very much enjoyed The Lone Gunmen, but Harsh Realm was awful.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Oh man, FX is showing some Justified episodes tonight — January can not come soon enough. Apparently Archer is coming back that month, too?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

spidoman posted:

Absolutely, as long as you don't watch it for the mythos. It's kind of the opposite to today's TV in that regard. I guess some of the season 1 episodes would come across as pretty poor nowadays too. Maybe watch some of the best ones and then skip to season 2?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

hollylolly posted:

This is sort of a random question for the people who watch The Mentalist, but did they play a repeat on Sunday night?

I downloaded a new episode, so I'm guessing no???

BTW, who is everybodys guess for Red John? If not for the Profiler thing I would say it was going to be Xander Berkeley, but since I am assuming that rules him out I don't have a clue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hollylolly posted:

This is sort of a random question for the people who watch The Mentalist, but did they play a repeat on Sunday night? I just sat down to watch it and it's the one where Rigby's dad dies and it's a turf war between two motorcycle gangs, blah blah, but the episode description and title were for a NEW episode.

Anyway. I didn't get to watch a new episode. :sigh:

Football ran late on Sunday and they aired a repeat in the US. The episode did air in Canada though. The episode will air this Sunday for the US.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Deadpool posted:

Football ran late on Sunday and they aired a repeat in the US. The episode did air in Canada though. The episode will air this Sunday for the US.

Thanks! Being on the West Coast means football running late doesn't interfere with our showing, so when the network makes changes because of it I have no idea what's going on.:cheeky:

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

BTW, who is everybodys guess for Red John? If not for the Profiler thing I would say it was going to be Xander Berkeley, but since I am assuming that rules him out I don't have a clue.
My guess is that it's a law enforcement collective faking a serial killer. Like McNulty in the last season of The Wire except there are nobody with "morals" to gently caress it up.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Oh my, I just got to the racist truck episode of Supernatural. This is amazing

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FOUR new Marvel TV Series, Daredevil, Iron First, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have just been announced.

ALL of them are exclusive to Netflix and will conclude with a cross over miniseries.

Starts next year with Daredevil.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

PriorMarcus posted:

FOUR new Marvel TV Series, Daredevil, Iron First, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have just been announced.

ALL of them are exclusive to Netflix and will conclude with a cross over miniseries.

And the crossover miniseries is called The Defenders.

This is going to be so awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread