Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

courtney_beth posted:

Wow -- two nods in the same categories. I wonder if they'll split votes and have someone else win.

It's amazing how much of a springboard Glee has been for Darren Criss. Just a few years ago he was known as the "guy who sang in the Harry Potter musical." That's quite an accomplishment to be nominated for the people's choice awards and host the teen choice awards.

It's really been a springboard for a lot of them. Aside from the 'adult' cast, Lea Michele's the only one I can think of who had anything particularly notable on her resume pre-Glee (with Spring Awakening). Now you have several of them doing movies (that have mostly bombed either commercially or critically or both, granted -- I think that "I Am Number Four" movie did the best of the lot) or making albums (again, mostly with little commercial success), Naya Rivera on the cover of Rolling Stone, Colfer writing books/screenplays, various awards, etc.

It's good on them, even if I'm not certain many of them will land anything in the future that's any bigger than Glee at its peak. If they're regularly getting work as a result of this show, though, it's hard to complain.

(And I wouldn't be surprised if at least a handful of the cast starts appearing on AHS once their contracts are up for Glee.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I hope Glee also helps springboard Chord Overstreet into doing more stuff, dude is pretty funny.

cathalc
Oct 9, 2008

Well if it'll make you feel better, you could punch me in the face.
Speaking of life after Glee, how is Vanessa Lengies' new sitcom doing? Is it as bad as the promos made it look?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

cathalc posted:

Speaking of life after Glee, how is Vanessa Lengies' new sitcom doing? Is it as bad as the promos made it look?

I don't think it starts airing until winter/spring.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

xeria posted:

I'm not saying it because "gently caress that Lima half!" though. I'm genuinely uninterested in any of the Lima-side characters (beyond like Kitty and Unique) but I also know I'm in the vast minority in that regard in this very thread, so it seems silly for me to post such on a week-to-week basis in the face of how many people really like Blaine and Sam.

I'm not really interested in any of the new Lima characters, the only one I still even remotely care about is Blaine (without Sam, though, I don't find their friendship interesting, I don't think their chemistry is amazing enough to warrant all that screen time and duets, and at the end of the day, I just find Sam so boring. But I realize that's another minority opinion).

quote:

I also don't talk about the show because I hate it; I talk about it because I think it's interesting in the sense of how a show can fall so thoroughly off a cliff in terms of viewers/quality after 1-2 seasons, and what Murphy and crew could have done to salvage it.

Yeah, exactly. I've been watching Glee since its early days and looking back and comparing seasons 1 and 2 to 3 and 4, it just blows my mind how drastically the quality dropped after season 2. I don't know how it happened (though I think they got a handful of new writers in season 3, most of which also didn't stick around after that season ended for some reason...), but it's interesting to speculate. At least to me.

quote:

Like I said, we know now that S6 will be the last, and I don't think it's completely out of bounds to wonder if this is when they'll pull the trigger and focus entirely on Rachel/Kurt/Santana(/Blaine/Sam) in NYC. And not as something they "should have done all along" -- I've been an advocate here and elsewhere that they should have focused entirely on McKinley and let graduated characters ride off into the sunset if they wanted the show to have any longevity to it.

They should have just pulled the trigger at the end of season 3: either drop the then-graduates (Kurt and Rachel) entirely* and rotate in new high school characters and focus on those in Lima, or graduate Kurt/Rachel + a bunch of others (Sam, Tina, Blaine, etc.) and follow them to New York. Splitting the show has done it absolutely no favors. Plus, introducing five new characters to a show that already had an incredibly bloated cast, and then having those five new characters live in their own little world where they barely interacted with the characters we already knew and liked/loved/loved to hate wasn't the best choice either.

quote:

(And I don't think he's talentless, either -- American Horror Story is a pretty fun romp. I think his interest in something waxes and wanes wildly and shows where he can't just reboot every season and write a new story in a condensed 13 episodes tend to suffer in quality as a result.)

I think Murphy is genuinely talented with a knack for good ideas, I just feel he doesn't have the stamina to see it through for longer than a year, maybe two. He gets bored and starts doing stupid stuff to keep things "fresh" and "interesting" and the people he works with it can't or won't reign him in and tell him to knock it off (or they all think what he's doing is brilliant, which is a fairy depressing idea). Plus, he's usually working on multiple projects at once (he was working on Glee, the New Normal and American Horror Story simultaneously last year) and the quality of everything suffers for it. He just needs to learn to let go and maybe hand his projects off when he loses interest.

* Of course the problem is it would be really loving stupid to drop two of the most popular characters played by two of the most critically acclaimed actors on the show, so that was never a real option.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

cyclical posted:

* Of course the problem is it would be really loving stupid to drop two of the most popular characters played by two of the most critically acclaimed actors on the show, so that was never a real option.

Yeah, I think they found themselves in a "damned if you do/don't" situation at the end of season 3. No one's really going to care (or drop the show entirely) if Mercedes/Puck/Mike/Quinn aren't frolicking around with any regularity, but I don't think they anticipated people getting real attached to Rachel/Finn/Kurt/Santana like they did. (And in all honesty, Quinn could go in either group but I think most everyone who really liked Quinn pretty much accepted that she was done with the show by halfway through season 3 anyway.) It tied their hands -- these are (or were) the stars of your show now more than Matt Morrison or Jane Lynch or anyone else remaining aside from maybe Darren Criss, and jettisoning them entirely would have basically resulted in (what would feel like) a Glee: The New Class 'spinoff' rather than just a 4th season of an established show.

Like, I wouldn't be at all surprised if their intention from the start was to have Will and Sue be the only two constants and rotate a 'teenage' cast through the seasons. As soon as it was obvious that was never really going to work out as well as they'd hoped once Rachel/Finn/Kurt/etc. were no longer in high school, though, their best bet was probably to retcon Sam and Blaine as seniors and play it more Boy Meets World-style than Degrassi-style (follow them all through college, end the show on Finn and Rachel or Kurt and Blaine getting married or something).

Hindsight and all. The show is what it is.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I've lost interest in most of the graduates but I've latched onto the newbies like a barnacle, and I've been chiseling at my brain to try and figure out why. The only explanation I can come up with is they have a thing. :eng101:

See, at first, all the Glee characters had a thing; something that set them apart and made them special. Rachel, for example, had her ambition. It made her distinct not just from others on the show, but from other characters on television at the time. Rachel wanted things and she wanted them with HER ENTIRE BEING and god help you if you stood in her way.

In an ideal world, every storyline involving Rachel would have made her more distinct, and developed her thing. She would grow and change and learn new ways to deal with and channel her thing, but the thing would always be there. Even if I didn't always like her, I'd feel like I knew Rachel, like she was an old friend, because of her thing.

But that's not what happened. In our world, Rachel's storylines made her less distinct. The writers lost track of her ambition and because of that, I no longer felt like I knew her. Her thing came and went and came again and now, Rachel is just confusing to me. I cannot connect with her. She doesn't have a thing for me to latch onto.

That's why I feel like Glee fandom hit its peak in the period between Seasons 2 and 3. There were a bunch of characters but they were all still relatively distinct with their things and it felt like there were a million stories that could be told with them. And then poo poo got weird and the waters got murky and the characters got lost in the confusion. Rachel is hardly the only victim; Kurt got hit hard, and lately, I've been having trouble connecting even with Blaine. This suddenly-always-wanted-to-be-a-doctor bullshit is only going to make matters worse.

I like the Newbies because they all have their things intact. Jake's surliness, Ryder's boundless energy, Marley's quiet sweetness, Kitty's cattiness, Unique's forceful fabulosity-- it's all great. I see boundless potential in these characters. In other words, I like them because the writers haven't ruined them yet. :eng99:

General RAARGH
Jan 24, 2003

armchair general
I like the new group, it feels like less time is spent bogged down with bickering over who gets lead.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I found the Lima cast to be much less insufferable than the NY cast. Hell, Finn in Lima and Finn in NY were basically two different people: One was deserving of the title of The Almighty Treble Clef, uniter of glee clubs, while the other a was creepy possessive douchebag.

Nowadays I don't even watch the NY plots anymore. I do plan on giving Starchild a chance to wow me, but with that name...

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think they should just have kept the original cast in school longer, it wouldn't be the craziest thing Glee had done..

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Oasx posted:

I think they should just have kept the original cast in school longer, it wouldn't be the craziest thing Glee had done..

Yep. They really shot themselves in the foot rushing the timeline so fast in the early seasons.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
It probably wouldn't have worked out so well with their otherwise stringent adherence to "things that happen in the real world" bleeding into the show proper (eg. Whitney Houston's death, Manti Teo reference, etc.), as well as having themed (or "themed", since one of those was just "everyone's home for the holiday!") episodes like Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day last season along with Christmas three seasons in a row.

Dragging out the school year works on shows like Pretty Little Liars because the writers don't really make any references to things external to the show itself or try to match up to specific yearly events (aside from Halloween, which this year the "Halloween" episode was just about a costume party in a spooky town that had nothing to do with actual Halloween). Alternately they could have started everyone as freshmen for the first season, but then you have the logistics of that (a freshman will probably not be varsity cheerleading captain, for example); plus, the structure of the show lined up well with year in high school versus highest level of competition won -- sophomores/sectionals, juniors/regionals, seniors/nationals.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Adam Lambert. :stare: :aaaaa: :suspense:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I don't do handies.

edit: Of course Kurt is jealous of Santana's yeast infection commercial.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I think Jake is my new favorite. He's just so adorably grumpy. I can't even blame him for cheating because A. it makes just as much sense as Blaine doing it (IE; none) and B. cutiiiiiieeeee. :allears:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
The New York plot was more interesting than the McKinley plot tonight. Love Adam Lambert as Starchild...

Jake's scooter returned tonight, which meant that it was foreshadowing of his poor choices and bad-boy attitude.

I like that Ryder is still "wtf" towards most of the Glee assignments. I appreciate him as the voice of the audience.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Rachel having enough time and artistic energy to devote to a garage band while she is literally Fanny loving funny girl Brice is the most unrealistic thing this show has ever done, but I hope they get to do at least a few songs before Demi and Adam are fired because they'll probably be good.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Jesus gently caress Sam... :stare:

I have a gigantic crush on Adam Lambert. I like to pretend that he just showed up to set that morning wearing that spangly outfit. It's not that outside of the realm of possibilities. The man is fabulous.

Spergatory posted:

I think Jake is my new favorite. He's just so adorably grumpy. I can't even blame him for cheating because A. it makes just as much sense as Blaine doing it (IE; none)

Blaine cheating and Jake cheating aren't even on the same level. While wrong and messed up, at least you could see where Blaine was coming from. Jake is just a prick who cheated because his girlfriend wouldn't put out. I guess in his mind 'respecting a woman's boundaries' means you go and screw someone else until they are ready because god forbid you don't get laid.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 8, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kitty and Unique were so adorable in that episode :3:

Overall I enjoyed most of it and found Adam Lambert much more tolerable than I was expecting. The only real downside was the Jake/Marley stuff, Jake's a tosser for screwing around and Marley's a tosser for just refusing to do a school assignment.

How does Kurt expect to make an indie band out of five people where only one can play an instrument and everybody sings? :psyduck:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Rarity posted:

How does Kurt expect to make an indie band out of five people where only one can play an instrument and everybody sings? :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2GCa-_nyU although technically two people are playing instruments and there are 6 people.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

KilGrey posted:

Blaine cheating and Jake cheating aren't even on the same level. While wrong and messed up, at least you could see where Blaine was coming from. Jake is just a prick who cheated because his girlfriend wouldn't put out. I guess in his mind 'respecting a woman's boundaries' means you go and screw someone else until they are ready because god forbid you don't get laid.

Neither of them had any loving build-up whatsoever. Both characters literally went from 'I am unhappy with the state of my relationship' to 'time to gently caress a random!' in the span of a single episode (in Jake's case, it happened in the span of a jump cut). You're right that they aren't on the same level I guess because in retrospect, Blaine's cheating makes even less sense. This is a guy who touted the wonders of masturbation because he was worried about pushing sexual boundaries too hard and too fast with his boyfriend. I can't see where Blaine was coming from, because he wasn't coming from anywhere. He cheated because the script told him to. It was stupid, unnecessary, and pointless. Neither of them grew or changed or learned from it. They just broke up, stayed that way for a while, and then got engaged. And now they (and we) are just going to pretend it never happened. It came out of nowhere and to nowhere it has returned.

Basically, if I am going to like any of the characters on this show, I have to look past these stupid injections of meaningless drama and their implications. I like the character, and I like the actor's performance. He brings me enjoyment. If I am going to continue to like him, I'm just going to have to shrug and say 'it's Glee' because otherwise I'm left with a whole host of terrible implications about the character that the show is probably never going to address or follow up on and then my enjoyment is gone. :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Spergatory posted:

Basically, if I am going to like any of the characters on this show, I have to look past these stupid injections of meaningless drama and their implications. I like the character, and I like the actor's performance. He brings me enjoyment. If I am going to continue to like him, I'm just going to have to shrug and say 'it's Glee' because otherwise I'm left with a whole host of terrible implications about the character that the show is probably never going to address or follow up on and then my enjoyment is gone. :shrug:

Yeah, this is true for literally anyone. Unique? Catfished Ryder! Ryder? Transphobia! Kitty? Turned Marley into a bulimic! There is literally not a single character who hasn't been a douche just cause the plot demanded it. Well, except Sugar but that's because the writers never noticed she existed.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Spergatory posted:

Yeah, I think therein lies my wall with Glee. I fully watch dumb tv shows all the time just because they're fun but I have an increasingly difficult time doing that with Glee because I want it to be more than it has any intention of ever being. It's been said here and there repeatedly that Glee is that show that's mostly just kinda dumb, occasionally stupid in the worst way possible ("I Kissed a Girl", anytime Will does anything ever), but then occasionally brilliant ("Preggers" and Kurt coming out to Burt). The brilliant moments just make me all the more irritated at/unforgiving of the stupid moments.

(Speaking of the catfishing, has Ryder ever said anything at all about un-quitting glee club and apparently not caring at all about being in the same room as Unique after last season? Or is this a Thing to be forgotten like the entire existence of Sugar and Dreads?)

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

Spergatory posted:

Neither of them had any loving build-up whatsoever. Both characters literally went from 'I am unhappy with the state of my relationship' to 'time to gently caress a random!' in the span of a single episode (in Jake's case, it happened in the span of a jump cut). You're right that they aren't on the same level I guess because in retrospect, Blaine's cheating makes even less sense. This is a guy who touted the wonders of masturbation because he was worried about pushing sexual boundaries too hard and too fast with his boyfriend. I can't see where Blaine was coming from, because he wasn't coming from anywhere. He cheated because the script told him to. It was stupid, unnecessary, and pointless. Neither of them grew or changed or learned from it. They just broke up, stayed that way for a while, and then got engaged. And now they (and we) are just going to pretend it never happened. It came out of nowhere and to nowhere it has returned.

I have never, ever bought the way they had Blaine cheat. I can picture Blaine cheating. I can also picture Kurt cheating. I mean, I don't think cheating is out of the question for anyone on this show, because it's tv and sadly pretty realistic, especially with long-distance relationships, no matter how strong they were before Kurt moved to New York. But I maintain that the way it happened was nothing but Ryan Murphy forcing some random drama where it completely didn't fit - there was setup for them splitting because long distance was too hard one episode prior - and to fit the episode's theme (everyone's breaking up!). The cynical part of me also wonders if they broke them up so viciously to keep them apart longer so they wouldn't have to deal with a canon gay couple (God knows they utterly didn't want to deal with Santana getting a new girlfriend that season, or Kurt and Adam's five minute whatever-the-gently caress-that-was. And Blaine got to crush on a straight guy, so whew, no actual queer representation to be found there either!).

Just watched the episode and enjoyed it for the most part. Lima still bores me (boring actors playing boring characters getting plots we've seen at least twice before, exciting. Also Schuester is a horrible, horrible teacher and I can't even tell whether the writers are aware of this) but NYC with Dani and Starchild was pretty fun. I'd trade all of the new characters for those two and it makes me sad they both have limited shelf lives, they are good fits for the show and the ensemble on that side of the show is fitting together neatly.

Baffling that Kurt, the brainchild of the band, doesn't get a single line on a massive group song. It's his band, why isn't he singing? Roar should have been exclusive to the New York side, the cuts between the two locations during that song were really weird and didn't fit together at all. No unifying theme to the performance, it just looked sloppy.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait, huh, Jake cheating on Marley is out of character? I thought half this thread was complaining that Jake being too sugary and faithful with Marley was out of character last year? Didn't the character get introduced as a sort of womanizer in the first place?

I actually quite liked Jake and Marley's fight? It shows a lot of personality from the both of them, and it felt a little more like a two-sided argument than some of the other arguments that have appeared on this show, if that makes any sense. It's not really as simple as "Eh Jake what a pig eh?" Jake thinks sex is the best thing and feels like Marley isn't trusting him when she doesn't want to have sex with him...he takes her rejection as a value judgment of himself, as her rejecting what he has to offer. You have to remember that for a long time, Jake defined himself by his way with girls; he was like a low-key Santana in the sense that sex was one of the only things he took pride in. But Marley thinks that him wanting to have sex is a rejection of what she has to offer. "You only hung out with me to get to my boobs." It's beyond ridiculous to her that there is some kind of sex requisite in this relationship when everything she values about both Jake and herself has nothing whatsoever to do with sex.

Okay, objectively, I'ma be real, Marley is clearly in the right. "Who's pressuring you??" Um, you are Jake. You are literally pressuring her right at this moment as you speak. Like, if someone took a snapshot of this moment the file would magically rename itself into "PRESSURE.jpg." In essence, Jake did the "wrong things to do" in this situation...but I don't think the situation was that either one of them were wrong, just not able to understand what the other is trying to communicate. It's honestly a more in-depth, in-character examination of their dynamic than a lot of what went down last year.

I thought this episode was hilarious. A lot of really good lines, good jokes that landed, and general shenanigans all around. Even the pacing and editing seemed solid. I could go either way about Penny still, but I really like how funny Sam is when he's with her.

Though I will say that at this point Schuester really needs to be publicly flogged in the village square as an example.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
The extent of Jake's womanizing last season was a song where he was literally called a Womanizer and a flirtation with Kitty. He had more development on the "doesn't really know how to 'date' Marley" front than he did the "womanizing" one.

It's basically the equivalent of him being called the "bad boy" or "like Puck" when he threw a music stand and rode around the halls on a scooter and got in a fight defending Marley's mom from ridicule.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

cyclical posted:

And Blaine got to crush on a straight guy, so whew, no actual queer representation to be found there either!).
:) Um, no, this is wrong. Blaine is queer. His experience crushing on a straight guy is a queer sexual experience, and it was represented, and represented with care and consideration.

Gay couples being gay couples is not the only method of representation. Of course we need that, but we also need everything else, and all of it in between, and more breadths of stories about queer experiences all around, whether it's them getting married or them falling for straight friends which is 100% a valid queer storyline.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

BrianWilly posted:

:) Um, no, this is wrong. Blaine is queer. His experience crushing on a straight guy is a queer sexual experience, and it was represented, and represented with care and consideration.

Gay couples being gay couples is not the only method of representation. Of course we need that, but we also need everything else, and all of it in between, and more breadths of stories about queer experiences all around, whether it's them getting married or them falling for straight friends which is 100% a valid queer storyline.

Shockingly I shall agree with you! I think Blaine crushing on Sam was fine and actually a thing that happens to people, as was Sam's acknowledgement of said crush. I may be largely uninterested in his school nurse romance or his stupid, stupid hair, but Sam's always been portrayed as the good guy like that. And regarding Adam and Kurt, I think that was less about not wanting to have gay boys being gay as it was not wanting to really commit to any even remotely romantic relationship for Kurt that wasn't Blaine.

And that's fine, though sad, because I want to see these 'endgame'-y couples date outside each other (like Rachel did with Brody, before it got spectacularly torpedoed). And by date I mean actually date on-screen, not just peck once and u-haul, SANTANA!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
My wife and I are trying to quit the show cold turkey since the Finn episode and because... the show sucks.

I'll still read in case there's the rare AMAZING episode, but I escaped for now. Good luck to others.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

xeria posted:

(Speaking of the catfishing, has Ryder ever said anything at all about un-quitting glee club and apparently not caring at all about being in the same room as Unique after last season? Or is this a Thing to be forgotten like the entire existence of Sugar and Dreads?)

This is pure conjecture on my part, but I sincerely believe Finn was meant to be involved in resolving that and they couldn't rewrite it so that it made sense without him so they just dropped the plot.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or did Uniques outfits seem to come straight off the set of Golden Girls this week?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I don't think it was intentional but man the look Will gave Sam and Penny when they came into the Katy performance was fan-loving-tastic. Just a total "wait, what the christ why is a student and the nurse holding hands?"

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
I can't decide if "I look like a gay Thundercat." or "She's a penis fly-trap." is my favorite line of the episode.

Also, was Applause supposed to be bad? Because I thought it was pretty bad. Really enjoyed Wide Awake and everything involving Starchild/Elliot. Actually, the entire NYC plot was more interesting than the McKinley plot this week.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miniature Moose posted:

"I look like a gay Thundercat."

As much as I laughed at that, there is no way a high school freshman in 2013 would ever say that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am confused about a few things. S6 is the last season. We're, what, six episodes into Season 5 and graduation is already being discussed? What the gently caress is the timeline of this show? Is S5 truncated? Also, in a way I'm a little frustrated that S6 is the last season, because I personally feel like with every week I'm getting more and more used to/appreciative of the newbies, and I feel like by then I'll actually potentially want to see more of them.

Also holy poo poo at "penis fly trap". Sometimes you still own, Glee.

I feel like Applause would've been better if Artie had more of the lead given his range even though I know it wouldn't make as much sense in context. Also this show was full of great facial expressions.

Oh and I grew up right the gently caress next to Paramus, so Starchild talking about that reminded me of home. :3:

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 10, 2013

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

This season is a continuation of the previous season's school year. Right now it's about April or May in the Glee universe. Folks like Tina and Blaine were seniors last season, and they're still seniors right now.

How will the timeline eventually line up to real time? Who the frick knows! They're about to have an episode on twerking next week featuring Miley Cyrus songs that didn't even come out until September this year :raise: so, really, the answer to a lot of questions is about to be "don't think about it too hard."

90% of the episode was goddamn hilarious and a lot of characters got the best material they ever got this week. Unique was loving amazing. "I tried breaking into the zoo to get us some live tigers. Plot twist: Lima doesn't have a zoo! WHY'D WE THINK IT DID?? :argh:"

Rarity posted:

As much as I laughed at that, there is no way a high school freshman in 2013 would ever say that.
Clearly Jake is a fan of the far inferior reboot.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 10, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BrianWilly posted:

Clearly Jake is a fan of the far inferior reboot.

They rebooted Thundercats? Is nothing sacred?! :argh:

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am confused about a few things. S6 is the last season. We're, what, six episodes into Season 5 and graduation is already being discussed? What the gently caress is the timeline of this show? Is S5 truncated? Also, in a way I'm a little frustrated that S6 is the last season, because I personally feel like with every week I'm getting more and more used to/appreciative of the newbies, and I feel like by then I'll actually potentially want to see more of them.

Yeah, like BW said, we're still technically in the 2012-2013 school year at some indeterminate spring month. The timeline's all hosed and nonsensical at this point because we covered like 3-4 weeks of Finn dies to that memorial episode, and they had prom before that, and now they apparently have six weeks until Nationals. We should have been like early April at the earliest by the end of S4, but these timeframes the show keeps tossing out would mean that they wouldn't have nationals until like late June and graduation probably in July.

In theory, we aren't going to drag out 2-3 months of show time across 22 episodes but you never drat know.

And Glee is basically just Pop Culture: The Musical at this point, anyway.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Songs are out! (This post also marks the point at which the songs from last week are eligible for the besties.)

You Are Woman, I am Man from Funny Girl by Rachel and Pablo San Pablo (Her Co-Star)
That rape song, sung by Bree, Jake, Kitty, Will, and loving Artie Artie, I am disappointed.
On Our Way, by The Royal Concept, sung by the New Directions
Wrecking Ball, by Miley Cyrus sung by Marley Rose
If I Were a Boy, by Beyonce, sung by Unique

These songs will be eligible starting on the music post for next week's episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh my god did they really name him Pablo San Pablo. :stare:

Blurred Lines starring Schuester and his students had better be the most magnificent trainwreck on the planet. There's no way they're not perfectly aware of how creepy and uncomfortable it's going to be.

• Locked thread