Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I love PTI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

I love PTI

Highly Questionable didn't have anything until after the interview segment and then suddenly...

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ken Jeong is hosting Sportscenter :psyduck:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I never knew Kornheiser was a Bret Michaels fan.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Jackie D posted:

Even muted, on a TV barely in peripheral vision, and at the gym with all sorts of stimuli, it was irritating.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
Does anyone else really, really hate Bomani Jones being a permanent fixture on Highly Questionable? It had a good dynamic with just Dan and his Dad, but Bomani Jones fucks that up. I really liked the show when it first started. I didn't like Dan LeBatard for a long time, his manner took me some time to get used to, and when he got his own show, I was skeptical at 1st. After just a few shows, with him interacting with Papi, I liked it a lot. It's like Dan, the successful sports journalist, in his family kitchen with his Dad, talking sports. How does Bomani Jones fit in here? Go back to Around the Horn, where you belong Bomani Jones. I don't want you in the fake Lebatard kitchen.

Nerdfest X fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 2, 2013

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I'd like to see Bomani get his own show. I'd really like it if they let him do something kinda like Bomani & Jones, but I don't know if anyone would give him that much freedom on TV.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bomani is great on LeBatard's radio show, but I've never watched the TV version.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

The radio show is way better than the show as it is. I agree that Bomani's kinda shoehorned in there, but it sounds a little like FS1 was going after him and that ESPN had to give him a show somewhere or lose him. Bomani & Jones coming back in some form as a late night show would be great.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Jackie D posted:

Ken Jeong, still irritatingly unfunny. I have no idea how or why he continues to get shoved into America's collective face.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kalli posted:

Highly Questionable didn't have anything until after the interview segment and then suddenly...

As much as I hate hate hate Dan LeBatard on his own, I really like Highly Questionable when I get the chance to see it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

AsInHowe posted:

Ken Jeong, still irritatingly unfunny. I have no idea how or why he continues to get shoved into America's collective face.

The Hangover made a lot of money.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
http://deadspin.com/wall-street-jou...dium=socialflow

Old lady columnist confused LeBron and Bill James.

This is the same lady who did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khYtTOQCypg

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Oh my god. The best thing about this is whoever is quietly laughing in the background.

quote:

The bike lobby is an all powerful enterprise.

e: Oh god I think I'm broken. I watched it again to prove to myself that someone actually said that and I can't stop laughing. Not at the quote (which is real), at the whole thing. Especially the snickering that I swear isn't me hearing myself. I'm sitting here cracking up at 2 AM at a woman complaining about bicycles.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 3, 2013

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Toffile posted:

I never knew Kornheiser was a Bret Michaels fan.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but he's Lindsey Vonn to Wilbon's Tiger Woods.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The Twitter IPO today is peak Darren Rovell if you find his act as hilarious as I do

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

ElwoodCuse posted:

The Twitter IPO today is peak Darren Rovell if you find his act as hilarious as I do

I couldn't keep following him after this. Dude's a tremendous scumbag.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
CBS Sports laid off a bunch of people including their two baseball columnists Scott Miller and Danny Knobler. They also scrubbed them completely from the site, meaning their archives are gone.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

leokitty posted:

CBS Sports laid off a bunch of people including their two baseball columnists Scott Miller and Danny Knobler. They also scrubbed them completely from the site, meaning their archives are gone.

whoa, that's bizarre. Why?

Sucks for Knobler, he's a really good reporter.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

The CBS website had easily the worst layout of any of the major sites, I guess they are getting crushed in traffic.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I assume the baseball writers were easy to axe since CBS doesn't have any ties to the league.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I've never visited a CBS site to get any Baseball information. Although I've seen Knobler on Twitter.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Knobler will get a job somewhere.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

I just heard Mariotti is filling in on Jay Mohr's radio show today and Friday :froggonk:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
why in world would you ever listen to jay mohr's sports talk radio show anyway

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

I don't, I just find it sad Mariotti still gets work

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

leokitty posted:

What if they're secretly being hired by Nate Silver's new ESPN FiveThirtyEight?

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

Josh Lyman posted:

What if they're secretly being hired by Nate Silver's new ESPN FiveThirtyEight?

Have you ever read anything written by Scott Miller?

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005
Knobler is apparently a pretty decent person outside of the fact that he looks like a Tim and Eric character and his anti-A-Rod rants so I hope he ends up somewhere

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

leokitty posted:

Have you ever read anything written by Scott Miller?

dancing in a conga line in celebration over here

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

Damon Bruce is a sports talk bro who went on an awful tirade about how womens' involvement in sports is ruining everything. Rob Neyer wrote a bunch of tweets defending him, because he like, had met the guy before, and now wrote a big hilariously awful column about it: http://www.baseballnation.com/hot-corner/2013/11/11/5089986/damon-bruce-knbr-san-francisco-radio-sports-host-women

quote:

We've all got our limits. But some people would prefer to wipe hate speech from the public consciousness completely, and I'm pretty sure that's the wrong answer. The optimal level of hate speech? I don't think anyone can say.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Hustle
Grit
Clutch
Knowing how to win
Optimal level of hate speech

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

stuart scott irl posted:

Damon Bruce is a sports talk bro who went on an awful tirade about how womens' involvement in sports is ruining everything. Rob Neyer wrote a bunch of tweets defending him, because he like, had met the guy before, and now wrote a big hilariously awful column about it: http://www.baseballnation.com/hot-corner/2013/11/11/5089986/damon-bruce-knbr-san-francisco-radio-sports-host-women

This is pretty embarrassing. Neyer is usually a not-bad writer and for him to defend that kind of garbage is disappointing. Guess I won't be reading his stuff anymore.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
Rob Neyer is a loving clown

edit: for content, David Roth has a far better take on the situation for SBN http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/8/5081074/out-of-the-man-cave

Crion fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 11, 2013

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Neyer has a point, though; the world needs way more hate speech against privileged, moronic idiots like Rob Neyer.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Someone on Twitter criticized Neyer for saying women aren't left out of sports for a lack of opportunity when he's not, you know, a woman. His response was to say he has plenty of personal experience with being discriminated against:

quote:

‏@robneyer
@AndeWall I've been discriminated against, as a blogger and a non-BBWAA member and a lisper. Almost all of us have felt a sting of some sort

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 12, 2013

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Ahahaha that has to be a joke. I KNOW TRUE DISCRIMINATION AS A BLOGGER

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

zakharov posted:

I KNOW TRUE DITHCRIMINATHION ATH A BLOGGER

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Wait, you get discriminated against for being a non-BBWAA member? I focus my discrimination on BBWAA members, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ChampRamp posted:

Wait, you get discriminated against for being a non-BBWAA member? I focus my discrimination on BBWAA members, so.
Given how self-important the BBWAA is, I could actually see that happening.