Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X Ray Monster
Feb 6, 2013
The Impossibles released two new songs recentely (today?). Didn't even know they were recording new stuff. Hope this means a full length album is in the works.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/4D5amzVQcFdICtBQKJHHuw
Amazon page with samples: http://www.amazon.com/Come-Back-B-W-Position/dp/B00FKDYN2I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME :)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hat Thoughts posted:

New song by Jeff, (which he also says he's going to take down tomorrow)

https://soundcloud.com/reallyrecords/jeff-rosenstock-beers-again

It was, in fact, taken down. :( Anyone have any mirrors?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

It was, in fact, taken down. :( Anyone have any mirrors?
I can send it to you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I can send it to you.

I'd appreciate that!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Anyone else at the streetlight concert in Orlando right now?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Anyone else at the streetlight concert in Orlando right now?

Saw them last night at Ft. Lauderdale. I got kicked in the head five times from crowdsurfers and managed to not get knocked to the ground despite two pits in the crowd. Overall, a good night.

They didn't play Point/Keasby/Counterpoint, though. :smith:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

quote:

They didn't play Point/Keasby/Counterpoint, though. :smith:

Everyone in my group just got very :smith:for a sec at hearing that

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The funniest thing about that night was going into the crowd and the second song was "We Will Fall Together" and people kept getting knocked down like it was Dynasty Warriors.

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS
I'm seeing Streetlight on Sunday, and we just saw RBF/FIF last night in MD. It'll be a good ska concert week. At the RBF/FIF show, we were digging the opening band, Beebs And Her Money Makers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS5GgedEvWQ

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Status report: streetlight was awesome, they played point for us, punched a guy and was the last (and shirtless) crowd surfer. 10/10 would mosh again. (Also Dan was cool if a bit corny.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Apparently Mike Park is out for the rest of the Streetlight tour. Thank goodness I got to see him in SFO.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Anyone gonna be at LTJ/Anti-Flag(urgh)/Masked Intruder in Boston on the 12th? And don't you dare say you're going to NFG/Alkaline Trio/H2O at the HOB instead.

I wish H2O and Anti-Flag would trade places :(

Beowulf
Jun 16, 2003

The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him...

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Anyone gonna be at LTJ/Anti-Flag(urgh)/Masked Intruder in Boston on the 12th? And don't you dare say you're going to NFG/Alkaline Trio/H2O at the HOB instead.

I wish H2O and Anti-Flag would trade places :(

I'd like to pretend that was a typo on your part, and H2O wasn't billed next to those guys :(

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Streelight show I got tickets for tonight is apparently a sitdown show. This is going to be really weird.

vvv I'm all about pits, so this is kind of a letdown vvv

Sockser fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 11, 2013

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Honestly, good. The Streetlight show I went to in CT had the most aggressive meat heads I've ever seen at a show and from the stories people tell in here it just seems super unnecessarily rough.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Honestly, good. The Streetlight show I went to in CT had the most aggressive meat heads I've ever seen at a show and from the stories people tell in here it just seems super unnecessarily rough.

It's definitely a pain if you're there to see the band and not to have a bunch of dudes slam into you, though I don't know if a sitdown show is a better alternative.

I'll say this about the pit: every time someone got knocked down, there was always someone to pick them up. A crowdsurfer hit my head, flew over me, and landed flat on his back from ~ 5 or 6 feet in the air. I grabbed him by the hand and made sure he could stand.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I'm going to the same show tonight in Pittsburgh. Weird. Dunno how it's gonna be.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

So apparently I'm in the weird little pit at the front? Interesting!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

All the cool shirts are sold out in my size :smith:

E: do people like mike park? Literally every song sounds the same

Sockser fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 12, 2013

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

It was good to Bob my head to

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Not being able to hang out in the pit sucks :smith:

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Just hit the guy in the yellow shirt and knock him out and come down here haha

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The last time I saw Streetlight was 2010, maybe 2009.

Good to see they're still killing it :unsmith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If you backed the Five Iron Frenzy kickstarter they've sent out early download codes for the album. It's not really the Five Iron I remember but it's still decent. I feel like some of the songs blur together, and the sound mix pushes everything not guitar/drum back and makes the whole thing sound blown out. There are some songs I really like though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYjmz19s-Lg

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 12, 2013

Jamwillinob
Jun 26, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

If you backed the Five Iron Frenzy kickstarter they've sent out early download codes for the album. It's not really the Five Iron I remember but it's still decent. I feel like some of the songs blur together, and the sound mix pushes everything not guitar/drum back and makes the whole thing sound blown out. There are some songs I really like though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYjmz19s-Lg

As someone who has never listened to Five Iron Frenzy but really likes this track, where should I start with their old stuff?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nothing they've done has the kind of sound of this album but they've trended towards rock ever since Electric Boogaloo and The End is Near (which is on Spotify). I would probably just work my way backwards through their discography because they sound like a completely different band the further back you go.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Any Aussie/Melbourne goons here into The Bennies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVpiUsRIPK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aok12cPWn00

Their lyrics can be kinda dumb (mostly just songs about drugs and partying), but they're one of the most fun live bands I've seen in a long time. Going to their album launch at the Ding Dong Lounge this Saturday night.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
The Bennies are heaps of fun. They remind me a bit of Community Cervix.

When they toured with btmi in the middle of Bike Test 123 bomb broke down into My Bike

One thing that annoys me in their songs are the guitar solos, I find it really takes me out of it and I instantly get bored.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love The Bennies. How could you not?

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

bowmore posted:

I love The Bennies. How could you not?

If you're a drunk scumbag from Byron.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gabbleduck posted:

If you're a drunk scumbag from Byron.
Nobody gives a poo poo about them anyway.

Ice Cold Beers and Juicy Juicy Buds is the song from the new album that is getting the most radio play around Newcastle

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Sockser posted:

All the cool shirts are sold out in my size :smith:

E: do people like mike park? Literally every song sounds the same

Yes, because Mike Park is awesome. And I think you saw Chris Murray instead of Mike Park. And while I enjoy Chris Murray too, I can see how his songs could all sound the same.

So I'm excited about seeing Streetlight Manifesto tonight and tomorrow, but I just searched to see if Obrint Pas had a new album out recently. And I find out that:
A.) They're breaking up
B.) They're playing in NYC.
C.) That show is tonight. OF loving COURSE IT IS.

If you're not going to Streetlight, you should probably go to this: https://www.facebook.com/events/228535147306337/?ref=25

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Oh hey that new Less Than Jake album came out and I didn't realize it. Just bought, downloading now! Amazon link here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_i=163856011

guppy fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 16, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah I think it was leaked a few weeks ago. It's alright, better than the last one at least.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
So who all is going to StreetLight Saturday Night? I'll be the bearded, slightly too old/too fat, man in the pit.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I'm not sure what it is, maybe overproduction, but vocally this sounds less like Less Than Jake and more like, I dunno, Saves The Day.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

aricoarena posted:

So who all is going to StreetLight Saturday Night? I'll be the bearded, slightly too old/too fat, man in the pit.

I live in Sayreville so I'm there for all three. Goddamn that Thursday set.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

weekly font posted:

I live in Sayreville so I'm there for all three. Goddamn that Thursday set.

I was only able to get tickets for that show, and I'm really glad I did. I was pleasantly surprised how many songs they played off of Keasby Nights.
Seriously considering grabbing a ticket off stubhub for tonights show, but I'm not paying 3x the face value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm sad the Aquabats aren't doing any Christmas shows this year, those were always the best concerts. Hopefully their Christmas special will make up for it.