Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

rscott posted:

It's a glass cover though, why couldn't they move the lenses to the front of the fenders and have them pointing straight?

Isn't it because light housings are bloody expensive to develop, so they used the lights from the new beetle? Because later versions have more normal, forward-pointing lights taken from the new mini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Tekne posted:

A terrible thing just got worse.

I couldn't figure out why I liked it until I realized it's a real life MicroMachine

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

:psyduck:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That would look ok in sane color combos. Red tires on black wheels on a black car would be neato.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
The whole world can't be like Excitebike, ya know.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
There is always a poo poo ton of terrible stuff at SEMA.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Isn't it because light housings are bloody expensive to develop, so they used the lights from the new beetle? Because later versions have more normal, forward-pointing lights taken from the new mini.

Probably that's the reason why, I didn't know what car they sourced their lights from

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
So I was driving along when I saw, this thing...

I pulled into the parking lot to get a closer look because something was just wrong..

Any guesses? Well this should confirm for you what it originally was...

Seriously what in the world? I thought they only did that to old vw bugs..

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

In todays episode of it came from imgur

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Technically it's not wrong...

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

JackRabbitStorm posted:

That is fuckin' hilarious.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
That is spectacularly awesome

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That thing is so brotruck hellaflush it definitely belongs here.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Tindjin posted:

I pulled into the parking lot to get a closer look because something was just wrong..

Yeah, there's a company that does this. It's not a particularly popular thing, I've only seen a few of them even online.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Godholio posted:

Yeah, there's a company that does this. It's not a particularly popular thing, I've only seen a few of them even online.

They've been making those for years. It looked less hideous (but not by much) on the generation before or the one after that (I forget).

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:catstare:

I...did not see that coming.

And the person get out of the car?

:catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
What snagged it at the end there? Some sort of handle or something sticking out of one of the cars?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Delivery McGee posted:

They've been making those for years. It looked less hideous (but not by much) on the generation before or the one after that (I forget).

It was a 50th anniversary special, the 1953/2003 Corvette, originally. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world back then, but in my defense I was 14.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Very stupid place to be in the first place, but were I in his shoes, it'd be foot hard down and drive through the loving boom gate.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What snagged it at the end there? Some sort of handle or something sticking out of one of the cars?

A loving train.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tindjin posted:

From the front and back I think it's not so bad, but the side profile where it's obviously tacked on a Corvette just isn't good. This might be an OK kit for the last Thunderbird.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Fucknag posted:

It was a 50th anniversary special, the 1953/2003 Corvette, originally. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world back then, but in my defense I was 14.
Yeah, that's it.

CharlesM posted:

From the front and back I think it's not so bad, but the side profile where it's obviously tacked on a Corvette just isn't good. This might be an OK kit for the last Thunderbird.
You're even less a Chevy guy than I am. It's a late-model Corvette with a '53 Corvette body kit. "Obviously tacked on a Corvette" is the entire point of it.

The last Thunderbird was basically the same thing, but factory.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh haha I don't think I've ever seen a '53 in the flesh.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Yeah this is where you loving floor it and not give a gently caress about the crossing arm.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I wish I could see this thing 20 years from now.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

JackRabbitStorm posted:

This rules

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I loooooooove this. Even if it's not tongue-in-cheek I'm going to pretend it is.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Rhyno posted:

well, technically the US didn't really have its full rear end in WW1 either until the last year so can't quite take full credit there.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

That gate seems to be on the wrong god drat side of the track anyway. That's lawsuit material right there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

We just had a lot of unseen help from Russians just beating the poo poo out of the majority of the Nazi forces with a human body tidal wave.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

CommieGIR posted:

We just had a lot of unseen help from Russians just beating the poo poo out of the majority of the Nazi forces with a human body tidal wave.

The weather won, not the Russians. :ussr:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Octopus Magic posted:

The weather won, not the Russians. :ussr:

That's debatable, but it no doubt had a hand in it.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

That gate seems to be on the wrong god drat side of the track anyway. That's lawsuit material right there.

There's a second set of rails behind that one, and the camera's FOV doesn't extend past that. It's possible that he slipped under the first set of gates before having to stop at these ones.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

General Wiggles posted:

There's a second set of rails behind that one, and the camera's FOV doesn't extend past that. It's possible that he slipped under the first set of gates before having to stop at these ones.

Usually railroad crossing only have the gate drop across the side of the road that people drive on. There shouldn't have been one behind the track in that lane for the very reason shown in the gif.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Tindjin posted:

Someone made something similar with the C6 that looked a lot better but I can't find the website for the life of me. Here's another one done for the C5 though:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That looks infinitely better (still not my thing, and those wheels are poo poo), but the cost is probably about the same as building a retromod C1 anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Octopus Magic posted:

well, technically the US didn't really have its full rear end in WW1 either until the last year so can't quite take full credit there.

Sounds pretty Merrica! to me!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Only a goon would look at a truck like that and harrumph to themselves that the big thing wrong with it is a lack of appreciation for the Eastern Front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I mean some 26 MILLION Russians died fighting the Nazis back into submission but yea, it was the winter that won.