Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
That was pretty cool. Made me remember the record exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Why are there so many people filming the Kimmel show with their phones? It's being filmed by a professional filming crew and will be broadcast on the loving TV as well as put on YouTube, you don't need to film it yourself with your goddamn lovely phone why are you doing this jesus loving christ :tizzy:

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Why are there so many people filming the Kimmel show with their phones? It's being filmed by a professional filming crew and will be broadcast on the loving TV as well as put on YouTube, you don't need to film it yourself with your goddamn lovely phone why are you doing this jesus loving christ :tizzy:

I have to prove I was there to my facebook friends!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
So any LA/OC goons going to tonight's show besides me?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Here's the other Kimmel video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw8q4vgG6Sc

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I DVRed the show and this was the only song they actually showed in the episode.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I just got back from the Los Angeles show. It was loving amazing but I have a giant headache now. I'm not prone to seizures but I felt like poo poo towards the end. I dunno if it was the seats we had or what but more than half the show was lights flickering in my face haha.

Such a great show though. The fragile owned and closing with hurt was perfect.

somnambulist fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 9, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm guessing you didn't see them on the Lights in the Sky tour if this gave you a headache :v:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Totally blown away. That's #2 all time after the Fonda show from Wave Goodbye.

I got in line at 12:30PM. They did wristbands at 3PM, got #28. Had time to wander and eat. Got in line Southwest Airlines style around 5PM. Scored a nice spot on the rail in front of Pino. Got my rear end kicked by the pit. Watched a girl behind me pass out and two others give up. We got a 28 song set I think because they were filming.

Explosions in the Sky was too loud and never went anywhere.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 27, 2018

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
My first NIN show, was able to get in the front on the left side. Trent put together an amazing lineup, the light show was incredible, although I think the visuals would have looked rad as gently caress from farther away. Finally hearing Wish live and being in the pit was loving amazing. Loved Explosion's set as well, one of my favorite post rock bands and was a treat to have them opening up.

Dr Tran posted:

Totally blown away. That's #2 all time after the Fonda show from Wave Goodbye.

I got in line at 12:30PM. They did wristbands at 3PM, got #28. Had time to wander and eat. Got in line Southwest Airlines style around 5PM. Scored a nice spot on the rail in front of Pino. Got my rear end kicked by the pit. Watched a girl behind me pass out and two others give up. We got a 28 song set I think because they were filming.

Haha I was probably right next to you.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Bliggers- posted:

Holy poo poo that's a curve ball. First time ever performed, ever (not even soundchecked like Sunspots)

No, it was soundchecked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQlWmG-QdGg

Sounds much better with the ladies doing back up.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Dr Tran posted:

I really want to like Explosions in the Sky because they're from Austin but when they opened in San Antonio I think everyone fell asleep for 45 minutes.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Wazzit posted:

Haha I was probably right next to you.
I might be in front of you. High five after In This Twilight?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Dr Tran posted:

I might be in front of you. High five after In This Twilight?

Haha, nah that wasn't me, I was on the very left, maybe like 1 person in from the left barricade.

Amazing show!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I was up in the stands with my wife, and apart from the dinner at the Rock'n Fish next to the staples center being horrible because they over cooked her seared ahi and under cooked my swordfish, the obnoxiously flailing 45+ year-old couple next to us coked out of their minds which is odd because he looked like a cop (cop-stache and all so probably LAPD that raided the narc locker before the show) I had a blast.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

M1TCH3LL posted:

Guns 'N Roses posted a photo on their Instagram as a happy birthday to Robin Finck.

http://instagram.com/p/gZqF7RtDuL

Now I'm pretty sure the guy at the bottom isn't Trent, but it sure looks like it could be him and if it isn't him then it should be because Trent would rock that look.

EDIT: Is the dude at the bottom Bumblefoot?
Serious question: which one of those is Robin? :v:

NIN posted this one to their Instagram on Thursday:

Apparently that's from '94. Dude looks like a straight up crossdresser :lol:

He looks way better now. I've been saying for a while that one day I want to go to a hairdresser and say "Gimme the Robin Finck".

Glad y'all had lots of fun at the show last night :) It's a shame you guys didn't seem to care about Explosions in the Sky though :( Their stuff may be longer than NIN's, but it can get just as furious at times. Well, depending on what they played. If they played a lot of their pretty stuff then I could see NIN fans thinking of them as "just another opener" I guess. But if they played stuff like Greet Death, you guys probably would've liked them more, so I'm guessing they didn't play that kind of stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd9F_liFXGM

Though, granted, most of their stuff is more on the "pretty" spectrum than the Greet Death side.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Sai-kun posted:

All The Love In The World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0saQeqIx_o

loving. Awesome. Probably in my top 3 favorite songs on Awitha_Teethuh. The piano/drum breakdown always puts a smile on my face, it's great.

That was seriously great. Sounded way better than the rehearsal leak. This band lineup is probably the best version I've seen live. The backup singers are adding tons of possibilities for songs. Could Sunspots make an appearance? They could sing the falsetto chorus much better than Trent could.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

NIN posted this one to their Instagram on Thursday:

Apparently that's from '94.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfV7NLCWiiU

That was pretty much their look back then.

edit: It's pretty funny hearing Terrible Lie without doing the whole "TERRIBLE LIE WA-OOHHH" schtick :haw:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 10, 2013

Percy Teatwillow
Jan 9, 2006

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
I listened to The Slip for the first time in a long time today and completely forgot how terrible the YEAHs were in Demon Seed. Jesus.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://vimeo.com/17042945

I was watching this and heard "I think you owe me a great big loving apology :getin: " and realized that nothing at all has changed between 1990 and now except the lineup and Trent's hairstyle/wardrobe.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Percy Teatwillow posted:

I listened to The Slip for the first time in a long time today and completely forgot how terrible the YEAHs were in Demon Seed. Jesus.

I like those.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

LordPants posted:

edit: It's pretty funny hearing Terrible Lie without doing the whole "TERRIBLE LIE WA-OOHHH" schtick :haw:

I forgot how goofy that synth break in that version of Closer is.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Leon Einstein posted:

I like those.

I'm not sure what it says about me that most of the time someone says something that annoys them about a particular NIN song, I almost never have any idea what they're talking about.

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
Well, NIN headlines Lollapalooza Brazil, along with Soundgarden. Maybe we'll finally get to see a Chris Cornell T-Rez throwdown.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
Relistened to the entire Htda_ album today. Man, The wake-up is such a good opening track. It's got such a slick beat.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I'm not sure what it says about me that most of the time someone says something that annoys them about a particular NIN song, I almost never have any idea what they're talking about.

I can understand why people think Trent's lyrics are bad even if they don't bother me.

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Trent's lyrics are not so great, but I think that's part of the point of NIN. I think it's meant to be confessional, unpolished, bedroom-diary writing that's heavy on the emotion. In that context, sloppy and heavy-handed phrasing make a lot of sense.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

roboshit posted:

I can understand why people think Trent's lyrics are bad even if they don't bother me.

okay, that's the one thing I get. His lyrics are awful, but I'm also someone who kind of ignores lyrics so it's never been an issue for me but even then I still get it.

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005

Percy Teatwillow posted:

It's a shame because that song is pretty cool otherwise, I don't get why he had to Bono it up.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is Rob doing some side work?

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
I saw another album cover or something that had a similar design as the HTDA debut. I think it even had a skull. No idea what it was for, though. If I'm remembering correctly, it at least had more of a blue/purple color scheme.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Call Me Charlie posted:

Is Rob doing some side work?

I know it's Rob's but that also looks a lot like something Tycho would design.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Leon Einstein posted:

I like those.

The yeahs are like the coolest part of the song, that's like the apex of the song.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I really cannot loving wait for the Tour album of Tension. Please god let this happen since I'm broke and about to miss the Portland show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

echronorian posted:

I really cannot loving wait for the Tour album Blu-Ray of Tension.
FTFY :)

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

LordPants posted:

Oh gently caress, Woodstock '94.
This took place in my (home)town.
Saugerties represent.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There will probably never be another Woodstock after 'rape and riot' stock 99

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

There's enough decent US festivals now that we don't really need another Woodstock attempt. Clearly the promoter dudes behind it don't know what they're doing since the first two ended up being free accidentally and the third was one of the worst things ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

ballgameover.mp3 posted:

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Trent's lyrics are not so great, but I think that's part of the point of NIN. I think it's meant to be confessional, unpolished, bedroom-diary writing that's heavy on the emotion. In that context, sloppy and heavy-handed phrasing make a lot of sense.

It's also for rhyming. A big reason Nine Inch Nails made it big over other industrial acts (aside from pure talent) is that Trent conformed to verse-chorus-verse which made it really easy to listen, understand and repeat. When you grow up listening to KISS you get at least a little understanding in how important it is to have something people want to repeat.