Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Hey guys, my computer just crashed and I lost my PC save file.

I'm very early in the game, I just reconstructed the crime scene where It involves penguin and black mask, alternatively, I just disarmed the first of 3 bombs from some guy named Havoc or something.

If anyone has a save file from around that time id really appreciate it. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Somebody mentioned earlier that the city felt dead and uninhabited, which it does, but then I remembered it's supposed to be set on Christmas Eve so I just chalked it up to everyone being inside with their families.
There's that, plus there's a winter storm warning with a mandatory shelter-in-place in effect. You'll hear a police warning over the city's PA every now any then explaining it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Hey guys, my computer just crashed and I lost my PC save file.

I'm very early in the game, I just reconstructed the crime scene where It involves penguin and black mask, alternatively, I just disarmed the first of 3 bombs from some guy named Havoc or something.

If anyone has a save file from around that time id really appreciate it. Thanks.

On that note if someone has a save after beating Deathstroke (or even a bit later, before the next boss anyway. Best would be after disarming the 4 anarky bombs.) I'd like a copy, goddamn save corruption.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Is an NG+ file good? My current NG+ run is right before Lacy Towers and I've got 1 Anarky bomb disabled.

Still don't have all the towers freed though.

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy
I cant even launch the game (origins) now on PC. I just downloaded the latest patch and now only MP works.

I just want to finish this stupid game. :(

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Does the multiplayer in this game actually, like, exist? I spent seven minutes sitting alone in an empty lobby (on a friday evening, mind you) before giving up.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Matchmaking is weird and broken. Sometimes the game puts you in a lobby with other people and sometimes it just dumps you in a room on your own. On 360 I end up spamming the join lobby option until I find one at least half full, then invite other people from my recently played list to fill it up.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Orgophlax posted:

There's that, plus there's a winter storm warning with a mandatory shelter-in-place in effect. You'll hear a police warning over the city's PA every now any then explaining it.

I'm pretty sure there's also signs over the city talking about a curfew or something like that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

How about we swap xboxlive namesÉ Matchmake that way?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Wow, so I spent about eight hours collecting all of the data packs while listening to podcasts, etc. And I gotta say, that was complete NOT worth it. Even the extortion data was completely banal. And Batman can't find a loving computer geek? COME ON!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Just had my second corrupted save on 360. I am officially loving done with this game.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The glue raft is up there with Shark Repellent for the most ridiculous thing I've seen related to Batman.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

FutureFriend posted:

I'm pretty sure there's also signs over the city talking about a curfew or something like that.

That's part of the storm warning, yeah.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

FutonForensic posted:

The glue raft is up there with Shark Repellent for the most ridiculous thing I've seen related to Batman.

Near the end of the game when Batman thinks to himself "I need to use my glue grenade to make a raft" in his super serious Batman voice I burst out laughing over how silly it was.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FutonForensic posted:

I still like how meticulous Batman is in making the bat shapes for his explosive gel, even though he's going to blow it up a second later. Also that blowing it up right in front of his face doesn't hurt him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RatHat posted:

I still like how meticulous Batman is in making the bat shapes for his explosive gel, even though he's going to blow it up a second later. Also that blowing it up right in front of his face doesn't hurt him.

Robin makes a little R. You gotta keep yourself entertained when stalking the nights to avenge your parents, yanno?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So I just completed every challenge and my game progress is at.... 99%

I've completed the game and new game+, done every mission and side mission, solved all crime scenes, completed every case file, done every challenge.... what am I missing? I looked in the character trophy page and four trophies are missing so I assume it is something to do with that, any ideas? Do I have to complete I Am The Night as well? I assumed that was independent of a 100% runthrough of the game?

I haven't played through the challenges as Deathstroke yet, that doesn't have anything to do with it, does it?

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is sort of off sort of on topic; A couple people, maybe just one, mentioned Under The Red Hood as a really good Batman movie, and it absolutely is. The question now is are there more treatments in that style of DC stuff? I keep hearing the Superman stuff from a couple years ago was excellent but... Superman.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

RatHat posted:

I liked that his bats are sloppier then the ones in City. It was a nice little touch.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Jerusalem posted:

So I just completed every challenge and my game progress is at.... 99%

I've completed the game and new game+, done every mission and side mission, solved all crime scenes, completed every case file, done every challenge.... what am I missing? I looked in the character trophy page and four trophies are missing so I assume it is something to do with that, any ideas? Do I have to complete I Am The Night as well? I assumed that was independent of a 100% runthrough of the game?

I haven't played through the challenges as Deathstroke yet, that doesn't have anything to do with it, does it?

Have you cleared I am the Night mode? Anarky tags and Pinkney plaques? What are the trophies you're missing?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Discendo Vox posted:

Have you cleared I am the Night mode? Anarky tags and Pinkney plaques? What are the trophies you're missing?

I haven't done I Am The Night yet, but I have gotten all Anarky tags and Pinkney plaques. I just looked up to see which ones I'm missing, and it seems there is a trophy I get for completing I Am The Night, and one for playing multiplayer (what the hell, I don't WANT to play multiplayer, why is this attached to the single player progression?) but I'm also missing the one you get for completing all challenges. I haven't done the Deathstroke challenges so I guess maybe those count as well? I don't think I have the "Judas Deathstroke" trophy either, which I guess is attached to those Deathstroke challenges?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
The final Enigma reward is kind of cool, but gently caress backtracking through the Royal Hotel and GCPD.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Orv posted:

This is sort of off sort of on topic; A couple people, maybe just one, mentioned Under The Red Hood as a really good Batman movie, and it absolutely is. The question now is are there more treatments in that style of DC stuff? I keep hearing the Superman stuff from a couple years ago was excellent but... Superman.

Have you watched Batman: Year One? It's excellent.

Orv
May 4, 2011

bonds0097 posted:

Have you watched Batman: Year One? It's excellent.

Just about finished with it, and it is. Other than those on Netflix is Doom, if you have any opinions on that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Doom as in Justice League Doom? If so it's a pretty decent watch.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shindragon posted:

It is, yeah. Didn't see the Justice League emboss on the batarang because thumbnails. :downs:

E: Oh christ it opens with the Royal Flush gang, this should be something.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 10, 2013

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Are you loving kidding me.

Bane. Again. Exact same fight. No changes anywhere. And look, they threw in an "I'll break you!" moment. Just like every single loving appearance Bane's ever had anywhere. So original.

There are still assassins I haven't fought but no no, let's recycle the one that absolutely no one would ever enjoy. And let's bring in even more minions for this incarnation of it! That'll surely make it much more fun for the players, right guys? Guys? Hello? Anyone? No? No, it's frustrating and loving stupid, just like most of the bad decisions in Origins? Oh.

Why is it so hard for anyone making an Arkham game to have a good boss fight? Firefly was a joke. A painful one, at that. "Make them try to rapidly tap the triggers on a 360 controller for 10 minutes, that's a good fight mechanic!"

E: Hahahaha. It's hard to take anyone seriously when they mutate into Abobo from the Double Dragon movie.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 10, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Shindragon posted:

I just watched it today, in fact (while playing AO,) and enjoyed it.

And the cartoon adaptation of the Death of Superman/The Four Supermen is actually pretty good, considering the amount of story that had to get cut and condenses, all things considered.

But it is pretty much 100% Superman...a tiny bit of other guys, but I don't think there's even a whisper of Batman.

Edit: Oh, looks like it's not on Netflix, though.

AO chat:

I've finished the main storyline, and still have two blank "Most Wanted." I know one is Deadpool, don't know who the other is...is it just like City where I just have to fly around and hope something triggers to start them?

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 10, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

Why is it so hard for anyone making an Arkham game to have a good boss fight? Firefly was a joke. A painful one, at that. "Make them try to rapidly tap the triggers on a 360 controller for 10 minutes, that's a good fight mechanic!"

Hey, someone who didn't use the glue grenades.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Matchmaking is weird and broken. Sometimes the game puts you in a lobby with other people and sometimes it just dumps you in a room on your own. On 360 I end up spamming the join lobby option until I find one at least half full, then invite other people from my recently played list to fill it up.

Add Soonmot as a friend. I'm around after 10 central most nights.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've finished the main storyline, and still have two blank "Most Wanted." I know one is Deadpool, don't know who the other is...is it just like City where I just have to fly around and hope something triggers to start them?

I wish!

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 10, 2013

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrBouvenstein posted:

I know one is Deadpool
If only. :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't done I Am The Night yet, but I have gotten all Anarky tags and Pinkney plaques. I just looked up to see which ones I'm missing, and it seems there is a trophy I get for completing I Am The Night, and one for playing multiplayer (what the hell, I don't WANT to play multiplayer, why is this attached to the single player progression?) but I'm also missing the one you get for completing all challenges. I haven't done the Deathstroke challenges so I guess maybe those count as well? I don't think I have the "Judas Deathstroke" trophy either, which I guess is attached to those Deathstroke challenges?

Your 1% is almost certainly just completing I am the Night mode- the other trophies won't count, although I think the deathstroke missions(at least the predator ones) are a blast, and worth doing.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 10, 2013

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

I just watched it today, in fact (while playing AO,) and enjoyed it.

And the cartoon adaptation of the Death of Superman/The Four Supermen is actually pretty good, considering the amount of story that had to get cut and condenses, all things considered.

But it is pretty much 100% Superman...a tiny bit of other guys, but I don't think there's even a whisper of Batman.

Edit: Oh, looks like it's not on Netflix, though.

AO chat:

Have you cleared out all of the crime scenes?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

MMAgCh posted:

If only. :allears:

Ha, whoops, got my "total bad rear end assassins" with Dead in their names, and also their real name is Wilson, mixed up.

Scyantific posted:

Have you cleared out all of the crime scenes?

I don't know...the last one I did was the one who was a sort of friend of Bruce who murdered two actual friends of Bruce in the same place his parents were killed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't know...the last one I did was the one who was a sort of friend of Bruce who murdered two actual friends of Bruce in the same place his parents were killed.

Did you get a comm from Gordon after that? That should have been the last one needed.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths is pretty great, and James Woods is PERfectly cast as alternate-earth Batman.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of Under The Red Hood (what, did the goon hivemind just decide to watch this weekend or something?), what's the opinion in DiMaggio's Joker?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Scyantific posted:

Speaking of Under The Red Hood (what, did the goon hivemind just decide to watch this weekend or something?), what's the opinion in DiMaggio's Joker?

Unimaginably lazy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Low-rent Hamill impersonation at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh, the voice acting in Under the Red Hood is by and large amazing and DiMaggio sells most of his lines very well (For the rather short time he's in the movie). I mean, in general it's very hard to not find a good voice with the Joker, he's a character that can be interpreted in a multitude of ways so just about any voice works really except Brent Spiner's.

redbackground posted:

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths is pretty great, and James Woods is PERfectly cast as alternate-earth Batman.

James Woods is so so so loving good in that movie, everyone needs to watch it just for his character.

• Locked thread