Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Bootleg Zones returns with...a weird one

http://phelous.com/node/4945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

I'm with him on Nu metal as a genre, and it was utterly ubiquitous in the early-mid 2000's. I did genuinely like Movies, though, which I'd heard before Smooth Criminal. :blush: They lost me when Smooth Criminal came around, though.

I'm a little surprised they were considered Nu Metal, though. They struck me as having more in common with say Smash Mouth, Offspring, and Sum 41 than Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park or Papa Roach. Alien Ant Farm didn't seem nearly angry enough, which was part of the appeal for me coming out of the the late 90's when so much was slick, dark and over-produced. Good luck finding a video from this period that didn't have either a dark / post-apocalyptic theme, broke the song for a spoken word or horribly-acted interlude (seriously, these are the worst), or wasn't shot with a fish-eye lens.

Here's an idea of how widespread nu-metal was. The Black Eyed Peas did a song with Papa Roach.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember when I was in my last year at primary school, all the badass and hardcore ten-year olds listened to Limp Bizkit. The first CD I can remember owning is Now! That's What I Call Music 48 and I thought I would get in trouble if my parents ever heard me listening to "Last Resort" on it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ghostpilot posted:

I'm with him on Nu metal as a genre, and it was utterly ubiquitous in the early-mid 2000's. I did genuinely like Movies, though, which I'd heard before Smooth Criminal. :blush: They lost me when Smooth Criminal came around, though.

I'm a little surprised they were considered Nu Metal, though. They struck me as having more in common with say Smash Mouth, Offspring, and Sum 41 than Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park or Papa Roach. Alien Ant Farm didn't seem nearly angry enough, which was part of the appeal for me coming out of the the late 90's when so much was slick, dark and over-produced. Good luck finding a video from this period that didn't have either a dark / post-apocalyptic theme, broke the song for a spoken word or horribly-acted interlude (seriously, these are the worst), or wasn't shot with a fish-eye lens.

A lot of the music, and particularly the videos, were bright, colorful and fun again. But that seemed pass like the eye of a storm as soon music was plunged back into overwrought, obnoxious :emo: Nu Metal and Creed and ugh.

I hadn't known that AAF had shot 3 versions of Movies, though. I'd only known of two (and only remembered one). I liked the song, but :cmon:

Anyway, that was a fun OHW! Shame it wasn't longer, but it didn't seem to be all that much to say about Alien Ant Farm. I certainly don't envy Todd for that self-education on Nu Metal.
If its one bad thing that Patton Era Faith No More did it was being influential to the Nu Metal genre.

E: Speaking of which I still hope that Todd does "Epic" which is sadly and somehow the only big FNM hit in the US, how could we not have seen the genius of Angel Dust and King for a day :argh:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 10, 2013

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ah, Alien Ant Farm. If only you'd figured out what you were actually good at. You were so much more fun than all the nu-metal cack you released that wasn't "Smooth Criminal".

Then again, "Movies" doesn't really fit into all of that either. It was just a kinda lame song. Even Pat Morita wasn't going to take it over the top.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

achillesforever6 posted:

If its one bad thing that Patton Era Faith No More did it was being influential to the Nu Metal genre.

Deftones are my favorite band ever, so just imagine how I feel about how much an influence they had on Nu Metal.

Smellem Sexbad
Sep 16, 2003

Numberfour posted:

Hello everyone, Cecil from Good Bad Flicks here. Been lurking for quite some time.

Watched a bunch of this today and found it very enjoyable. Having a trivia section at the end is a clever idea and interesting.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Scorched Spitz posted:

Here's an idea of how widespread nu-metal was. The Black Eyed Peas did a song with Papa Roach.

That was a thing that happened? Wow. I gave it a listen and...it's not so bad. Rather, at least it sounds different than a typical nu metal song, which is a plus? :shobon:

I suppose you could trace nu metal back to Faith No More, but man, I really hate to associate them to what came after. Ultimately that's what the genre was, though: FNM strained through a napkin soiled with eyeliner and tears.

I gave the episode another watch and when Linkin Park screeches in with "Crawlllllling innnnnn myyyyy skinnnnnnnn!" My entire body clenches. Dear god, I hate that song. Todd once compared Willow Smith's Whip My Hair to Chinese water torture; Linkin Park, Limp Biskit's cover of Faith and Drowning Pool's Bodies are the aural equivalent of bamboo shoots under the fingernails.

Numberfour posted:

Hello everyone, Cecil from Good Bad Flicks here. Been lurking for quite some time.

This is mostly a one man show, with the exception of a good friend of mine that does the intro animations. Comments, criticisms welcome. Hope you take the time and enjoy them.

I'd been meaning to check our your stuff but got sidetracked; thankfully the post above reminded me. I gave Traxx a watch and really enjoyed it. I'll be sure to check out your other videos on Blip so you get your :10bux:. :)

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

That was a thing that happened? Wow. I gave it a listen and...it's not so bad. Rather, at least it sounds different than a typical nu metal song, which is a plus? :shobon:

I suppose you could trace nu metal back to Faith No More, but man, I really hate to associate them to what came after. Ultimately that's what the genre was, though: FNM strained through a napkin soiled with eyeliner and tears.

I gave the episode another watch and when Linkin Park screeches in with "Crawlllllling innnnnn myyyyy skinnnnnnnn!" My entire body clenches. Dear god, I hate that song. Todd once compared Willow Smith's Whip My Hair to Chinese water torture; Linkin Park, Limp Biskit's cover of Faith and Drowning Pool's Bodies are the aural equivalent of bamboo shoots under the fingernails.

I actually like Linkin Park, but that's because they and Rage Against the Machine were the only popular rap-rock bands that didn't just do it as a gimmick. You can tell Jacoby Shaddix and Fred Durst aren't really rappers, they're just doing it because they can't sing worth a drat. Mike Shinoda's actually a decent emcee and a great beatmaker, it's just that those talents wound up mostly on non-single material and his side project with Styles of Beyond.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 10, 2013

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
First and foremost:

Numberfour posted:

This is mostly a one man show, with the exception of a good friend of mine that does the intro animations. Comments, criticisms welcome. Hope you take the time and enjoy them.

Checked out half a dozen or so videos on your site and I have one question: why am I only hearing of you now? :aaa: Even the early videos are good, and that's rare. The only issue I had with those were that the brief "also seen in" recaps for the principal actors of that particular movie had a tendency to add up to a sizeable chunk of the video. But that's much less of an issue in the more recent stuff.

I still have a heck of a lot to pour through, but you have a new fan in me. :)

Edit: Also to echo what Jay O said: don't sell yourself short. I'm very much the same way in regards to selling myself, but you're really are much better than you let on in your initial post.

Best of luck on Radiodrome, by the way!

Scorched Spitz posted:

I actually like Linkin Park, but that's because they and Rage Against the Machine were the only popular rap-rock bands that didn't just do it as a gimmick. You can tell Jacoby Shaddix and Fred Durst aren't really rappers, they're just doing it because they can't sing worth a drat. Mike Shinoda's actually a decent emcee and a great beatmaker, it's just that those talents wound up mostly on non-single material and his side project with Styles of Beyond.

I never did follow Rage Against the Machine much, though I'd heard about them often. They did seem to conduct themselves with a purpose, or a message, that transcended the music and had garnered a lot of respect. I recall hearing that they seemed to lose the plot around the mid-2000's, though.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 10, 2013

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Once again, Oancitizen sets the bar to the loving moon with his newest Between the Lines, a breakdown of poetic beats through Beatles lyrics. Yes, he sings. His best videos are the ones where he sings.

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

You're not kidding. I haven't really watched any of Oancitizen's Between the Lines stuff, (no idea why, I think I just assumed they were small opinion pieces and most online reviewers aren't good at that sort of thing) but if they're all as good as this I'll have to catch up. The use of green screen worked really well for me too. And the singing, despite the fact that I'm woefully ignorant of Beatles songs.

By the way, if anyone's interested learning more about poetry and all the terms that Oancitizen used, I'd recommend 'The Ode Less Travelled' by Stephen Fry. It's a nice, clear introduction to poetry and the form of poetry itself, with plenty of examples. I do, however, remember there being a rant towards the end about how all modern poetry is terrible, but other than that it's a solid read.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
I watched the Between the Lines video, and it was really well put together and well done. Lots of information that I didn't know (I never really studied poetry or shakespeare in school, don't know anything about poetic meter.) I thought the green screen was a little..too frenetic and garish at times (out of all the many talents that Oancitizen has, a sense of design isn't really one of them), but it's still excellent that he managed to keep it visually interesting.
Also, when Oancitizen does an editorial, it tends to be really well-researched, as opposed to a rambly opinion that says basically nothing that you couldn't have skim-read on a TV tropes page (NC, I'm looking at you.)

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Infamous Sphere posted:

Also, when Oancitizen does an editorial, it tends to be really well-researched, as opposed to a rambly opinion that says basically nothing that you couldn't have skim-read on a TV tropes page (NC, I'm looking at you.)

I give NC some credit because he's TRYING. It's pretty clear the dude has very little ability to understand complex story issues and concepts but he's actually trying to do some different stuff besides just yelling and shooting a fake gun. I think he just hasen't found the niche he can really work in. James Rolfe is good as AVGN, but his REAL labor of love is his Monster Madness stuff which is generally way more fun to watch than AVGN. Maybe NC just needs to find something he really really loves and try to work in into a show.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Well, I agree that it's always nice to try new things, but the worst reaction to watching a video is not necessarily thinking it's bad, but thinking it's redundant. As in, the video says..basically nothing. Some of NC's editorials (not all of them, but some of them), felt like that - in particular, the "why is Loki hot?" episode. I'd say the same for Rantasmo - while I really like the vast majority of his stuff, and I'd describe it as informative and interesting while still being bite-sized, there were a couple of NMGs that he did that were pretty pointless. The Game of Thrones one, for instance, was just basically him saying "So, there's a show called Game of Thrones (which I won't explain anything about) and it has a couple of gay people in it (who I won't really talk about.)" Trial and error with these things, I suppose, and I guess NC's occasional lack of insight is almost better than the incredible "I know everything" smugness projected in Renegade Cut.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

poparena posted:

Once again, Oancitizen sets the bar to the loving moon with his newest Between the Lines, a breakdown of poetic beats through Beatles lyrics. Yes, he sings. His best videos are the ones where he sings.

God drat. I sent this to an English teacher friend of mine and she says she might show this to her class during her poetry unit.

Infamous Sphere posted:

I'd say the same for Rantasmo - while I really like the vast majority of his stuff, and I'd describe it as informative and interesting while still being bite-sized, there were a couple of NMGs that he did that were pretty pointless. The Game of Thrones one, for instance, was just basically him saying "So, there's a show called Game of Thrones (which I won't explain anything about) and it has a couple of gay people in it (who I won't really talk about.)"

The Game of Thrones one really disappointed me, because I think what they did with Renly on the TV show is pretty unique. In the book he's kind of a ridiculous fop but in the show he's presented in a much more positive light. I felt like they really built him up as the only sane man and rightful king, and having a capital-G Good gay character in popular fantasy is so uncommon. There's also the fact that Renly and Loras' relationship is on the face of it a lot less coercive and violent than almost every other romantic relationship in the show. Lot to talk about there that he didn't really touch on.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

poparena posted:

This is further proof that Oan is one of the internet reviewers who absolutely understands what the hell he's doing, this is like the third time he's raised the bar for reviewers in general.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

edrith posted:

The Game of Thrones one really disappointed me, because I think what they did with Renly on the TV show is pretty unique. In the book he's kind of a ridiculous fop but in the show he's presented in a much more positive light. I felt like they really built him up as the only sane man and rightful king, and having a capital-G Good gay character in popular fantasy is so uncommon. There's also the fact that Renly and Loras' relationship is on the face of it a lot less coercive and violent than almost every other romantic relationship in the show. Lot to talk about there that he didn't really touch on.

He didn't talk about anything on the show. I'd say he wanted to avoid spoilers, but it's a) not much of a spoiler to say something like "the relationship between characters x and y is really genuine" or "so and so is a character with these traits" in a general sort of sense, and b) he showed what was presumably a spoiler (one of the gay guys getting stabbed.) It was odd, like he was just nodding to all the people who'd watched Game of Thrones, but he didn't talk about what worked, and for people such as myself who haven't watched the show, he didn't explain anything at all. It's weird, because usually Rantasmo gives at least a little background, but I suppose he assumed this was one of these cases where "everyone knows already." If that's the case, and you're saying absolutely nothing new/nothing at all, then..don't make a video!
When I'm reviewing something that I think most people have already seen, I just summarise the plot and circumstances relatively quickly (for me, because sometimes I'll spend much of the episode on the plot). It just felt like an episode he made because he felt that he somehow..had to, but he didn't really want to make one.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

poparena posted:

Excuse me while I go rewatch everything he's ever done.

Or maybe write something. Good analysis of language, regardless of context, always makes me feel like I should be writing something. Which really sucks cause I am terrible at writing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

poparena posted:

He continues to be one of the most educational and entertaining people on the internet. It takes a lot of talent and effort to make what he does interesting to people with almost no frame of reference (like with his usual reviews) but he manages it. This video was no exception in terms of quality.

Numberfour
Aug 9, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

I really dug the Traxx review so I'll definitely check your other stuff out sometime.

I appreciate how you let the movie content speak for itself.

Thank you! I try to keep the focus on the movies as much as possible. I occasionally go into some experiences I've had with the film/series/whatever but usually I try to keep it about the material and not about me.

Miss Wallace posted:

Youtube is good for widening the audience. It's not the best for reviews in general due to the copyright policies but there's nothing wrong with posting there. :)

And while I'm here I'll say y'all should check out Good Bad Flicks, he does great stuff. Congrats on the new position, Cecil.

Thanks Lupa :)

echopapa posted:

I jumped in with "Rad," because I realized it's been far too long since I called anything "rad." Anyway, you've got an effective formula and good technical skills. The one bit of advice I'd give is that when you're recapping, it's funnier if you don't just describe strange things that happen, but you also try to come up with a reason why the strange thing is happening. Example: "The mayor is a total sleaze" is less funny than "The town's elected a total sleaze as the mayor, no doubt because the citizens wanted a leader who could attract an AXE Body Spray manufacturing plant."

(may not actually be funnier, but you get the idea)

I appreciate the view and the notes. However, I don't feel that everything has to be a joke. Sometimes I am just addressing points that will lead up to a joke or perhaps just an observation.

ace_beef posted:

Watched a bunch of this today and found it very enjoyable. Having a trivia section at the end is a clever idea and interesting.

Thank you! The trivia has been a favorite.

Ghostpilot posted:

First and foremost:

Checked out half a dozen or so videos on your site and I have one question: why am I only hearing of you now? :aaa: Even the early videos are good, and that's rare. The only issue I had with those were that the brief "also seen in" recaps for the principal actors of that particular movie had a tendency to add up to a sizeable chunk of the video. But that's much less of an issue in the more recent stuff.

I still have a heck of a lot to pour through, but you have a new fan in me. :)

Edit: Also to echo what Jay O said: don't sell yourself short. I'm very much the same way in regards to selling myself, but you're really are much better than you let on in your initial post.

Best of luck on Radiodrome, by the way!

Big thanks! Really glad you enjoyed them. I put tons of effort into each video to try to make them as entertaining and as informative as possible.

My old videos where I went more into the "this guy did that" sort of material was mostly due to the fact that I was just doing these for my friends. I really had no intention of expanding until I started getting messages from others who were enjoying them. After I saw there was an audience for this stuff I started playing with the formula until I found one that worked. (part riff, part trivia)

I did my first "official" Radiodrome last friday, which should be up this week. We talk about Cinemax getting rid of their programming that has earned them the "skinemax" title, as well as the general decline of diversity in cable television.

Thanks again everyone :)

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
If you've never seen James Rolfe's LP-type videos with Mike, have a look at Mike Tyson's Punch Out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-JuSjq25GM
It's pretty short. Which is why it's so great. It put a big, warn smile on my face :unsmith:

Mokinokaro posted:

Bootleg Zones returns with...a weird one

http://phelous.com/node/4945

Here's another far inferior Thomas Transformer reviewed by Ashens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRK5lzfb9w

Now that I think of it, Bootleg Zones covers similar material to Ashens' dollar/pound store tat reviews, but Phelous' take on it is so original that I didn't even notice for a long time.

I'm certainly looking forward to NerdQuest now that I know Ashens and Matthew Buck have top billing. They're the best of the TGWTG actors.

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 12, 2013

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Happy Harry did a new animation recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAYf9YJSKXc
Nice little jab on the banal of comedy that is Brinkleberry

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I like the homage to Dinosaur Dracula in there.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/41302-dawn-of-the-commercials

Doug did another collective review/riffing of old commercials. Good stuff, mostly. I kind of have a problem with the way he handled that sexual harassment commercial, though. Yeah, fine, the way she told her boss off at the end is kind of robotic and silly sounding. But to use that as a jumping off point to a series of gags about how "guys don't know when they're being hit on" rather undermines the whole point that commercial was trying to make, that being creepily hit on by your boss isn't cool. The implication is that a female boss creeping on a male employee is totally ok, since most men are too stupid to notice. Really, Doug?

I also hate how he spent the last few minutes going on about that stupid recent commercial where Denny's tries to use blind patriotism to sell pancakes. Both because I hate that commercial, and because his schtick wasn't funny and over-stayed its welcome.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

cubs2084 posted:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/41302-dawn-of-the-commercials

Doug did another collective review/riffing of old commercials. Good stuff, mostly. I kind of have a problem with the way he handled that sexual harassment commercial, though. Yeah, fine, the way she told her boss off at the end is kind of robotic and silly sounding. But to use that as a jumping off point to a series of gags about how "guys don't know when they're being hit on" rather undermines the whole point that commercial was trying to make, that being creepily hit on by your boss isn't cool. The implication is that a female boss creeping on a male employee is totally ok, since most men are too stupid to notice. Really, Doug?

I also hate how he spent the last few minutes going on about that stupid recent commercial where Denny's tries to use blind patriotism to sell pancakes. Both because I hate that commercial, and because his schtick wasn't funny and over-stayed its welcome.

Also in relation, yes Doug, yes we do.

Hey JO or Lupa, send these little ballbusters his way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCyVku1HvI

Heheheheh.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cubs2084 posted:

DIET COOOOOOOOOOOOKE! :byodood:

Also, Christ those "Accident" commercials are loving disturbing.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

cubs2084 posted:

I kind of have a problem with the way he handled that sexual harassment commercial, though. Yeah, fine, the way she told her boss off at the end is kind of robotic and silly sounding. But to use that as a jumping off point to a series of gags about how "guys don't know when they're being hit on" rather undermines the whole point that commercial was trying to make, that being creepily hit on by your boss isn't cool. The implication is that a female boss creeping on a male employee is totally ok, since most men are too stupid to notice. Really, Doug?

Considering how Spoony got fired from TGWTG last year, it's foolish for Doug to make this joke, and then drag it out for so long on top of that. Sexual harassment in the workplace is not OK, period. We know that he's supposed to this. Plus, as a minor (teeny tiny) internet celebrity, it's unwise for him to joke that unwanted female advances are not threatening. Has he ever seen any TGWTG fanart? :tinfoil:

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!
I don't know about Doug's joke, but that seems to be a double standard in a lot of things. "Men don't get sexually harassed, that's just silly!" It's especially prevalent in Charmed. Season 7 has a plot where a guy gets fired for lying after saying Phoebe forcefully made out with him at work. Which she did, but it was such an impossibility he was fired, and it was played for laughs. Hilarious!

By the way I'm in the middle of Charmed. Could you tell?

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

Ema Nymton posted:

Considering how Spoony got fired from TGWTG last year, it's foolish for Doug to make this joke, and then drag it out for so long on top of that. Sexual harassment in the workplace is not OK, period. We know that he's supposed to this. Plus, as a minor (teeny tiny) internet celebrity, it's unwise for him to joke that unwanted female advances are not threatening. Has he ever seen any TGWTG fanart? :tinfoil:

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of the whole Spoony nonsense either. I guess it just irked me that he went at it as a joke not because he was being satirical, but because he didn't remotely get it. With that rape whistle commercial, he at least acknowledged the serious message behind it and from there pointed out the awkward bait and switch in a humorous way. And adding his own darkness to the milk commercial to criticize its vain angle, sure. But the sexual harassment one just came off as him using the subject itself as a joke. That when a man does that to a woman, it's creepy, but the reverse is no big deal. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but that's how it seemed.

EDIT:

Miss Wallace posted:

I don't know about Doug's joke, but that seems to be a double standard in a lot of things. "Men don't get sexually harassed, that's just silly!" It's especially prevalent in Charmed. Season 7 has a plot where a guy gets fired for lying after saying Phoebe forcefully made out with him at work. Which she did, but it was such an impossibility he was fired, and it was played for laughs. Hilarious!

Eh, that is a point, it's one of those issues that breeds gender double standards in this society. I'm disappointed that he didn't recognize it and go above that, but I guess I shouldn't be too harsh on him for not. As he is a product of this society we live in and all its gender based lines and nonsense.

cubs2084 fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 14, 2013

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Miss Wallace posted:

You poor, poor thing. I hadn't watched an episode of Charmed aside from what you covered in your reviews, but if those episodes were of the halcyon days of the show then I can only imagine what you're enduring now.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Miss Wallace posted:

My utmost sympathies.

Edit: Hey, awesome. Good for him! :)

Thunderfinger fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 14, 2013

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
So apparently the Grump they call Egoraptor finally got married:

http://instagram.com/p/f6nqRLnzBE/

I hope I can look even half as dapper at my own wedding. Good for them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Deadspin's "Why Your Children's Television Program Sucks" is back from hiatus to review Jessie.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-childrens-television-program-sucks-jessie-1462152297

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

cubs2084 posted:

I don't know, I love that commercial. But then in my mind the old guy who says they taste like 'Merica is just being condescending to the idiot.

What the gently caress do you think pancakes with blueberries and strawberries taste like? gently caress, I knew I should have sat at a booth instead of the counter.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

New Half in the Bag Thor 2 and Enders Game
http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-enders-game-and-thor-the-dark-world/

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Oh my god, that Red 2 interview clip with Bruce Willis is a treasure :allears:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
The people doing that press junket should've known that the only way to get Bruce Willis to give an enthusiastic interview is to get him hammered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXMTM3EMaM

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm not entirely sure this belongs here but Gamespot started doing "Other Takes", senond looks at games the site has reviewed. This time they had Brett Todd, Mayor of Prescott, Ontario Canada review the new Sim City I thought it was interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

I finally got another one of those Animorph reviews out, this time for #35 The Proposal, the one where Marco keeps mixing bits of animals together and an alien invasion plot dependant on the success of UPN.

• Locked thread