Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Jefferson was a dirty thief :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Jefferson, that rat bastard.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The TV IV › Sleepy Hollow - "Who's Sally Hemings?"

This is the best episode so far. I mean, there's just so much.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The climax of each episode feels like some SERIOUS poo poo is about to go down.

Hell, that shootout Irving was in could've been a closer if they found a way to stick Ichabod and Abbie in there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The Horseman hates Halloween and it's loving jack-o-lanterns.

Edit: Oh come one, that was some old, super played trickery Horseman.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wait... how would he know about the silver teeth? Those were put in AFTER he was decapitated.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
This episode man. This episode.
Ichabod and the internet(and other modern conveniences).
Abbie's growing harem.
John Cho, Intern of the Damned.
Irving learning the truth.
Thomas Jefferson, the rat bastard.
Captured Horseman.

THIS was THE episode.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Ending the episode abruptly with the horseman captured was pretty awesome. I'm psyched for next week. :hellyeah:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Next week looks interesting because we'll see more zombies and it also looks like we'll see some historical zombies too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Going into an evil overlord's castle and there's tigers with laser eyes chasing you. That would seem calm and restrained compared to this goddamn show.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
This is an episode that requires subsequent re-watches, just like the pilot because it has to be seen and heard to be believed.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Probably the most comedic episode yet, and the ending was pretty awesome. I like how Orlando Jones is fully part of the team now.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
Abby and Crane looking for the secret manuscript -
A: Good news and bad news. What do you want first?
I: Is this a riddle?
A: Never mind. [...manuscript is in London]
I: London, that's a three month voyage by sea...
A: [...] they've uploaded the manuscript online.
I: That is excellent news!
A: You have no idea what I am talking about, do you?
I: No I do not.
(off they go)
Then, Ichabod fiddling with laptop, doing something "catastrophic," and etc, etc.

Those have to be my favorite parts.. but agreed, probably best episode yet, pilot aside.

I think he had the most "oh no, technology/present day stuff, wtf?" moments this episode compared to previous ones. Still without going overboard.

I love this show, seriously. I really want some sort of compilation after this season of Ichabod vs. technology/todays stuff (like paying for water, and baked good levies), and Ichabod trying to understand Abby's present day speak. Someone's gotta do it, if not a DVD/Bluray extra.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Between thinking a minor setback on the computer is catastrophic and printing the same thing five times, Crane is basically my mom on the computer.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Lycus posted:

Between thinking a minor setback on the computer is catastrophic and printing the same thing five times, Crane is basically my mom on the computer.

I am impressed that he loaded up what he was looking for (presumably from that CD that was in the drive? Auto-play maybe?) and managed to print something at all.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This has been bugging me since the first episode: Why can't they just describe the horseman as a murderer dressed in a freaky costume? This is not a novel idea. The horseman is easily tall enough that it could be a costume with a regular sized man inside. I mean, even if he had a head he'd still be a weirdo in a redcoat uniform/costume, right? It would also explain how he disappears so quickly, since a guy in a costume could just take off the red jacket/prosthetic and look like a normal guy. They'd still have to keep the whole Apocalypse theory under wraps, but there is no reason they couldn't tell the authorities about a psycho with a costume fetish.

I saw a guy with no head = crazy.
I saw a guy who looked like he had no head, it must have been some kind of costume = plausible.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

How did he print stuff off? Lots and loooots of hand-holding by Abby, no doubt. This is the woman who labeled his entire hotel room with instructive sticky-notes, after all.

Holy CRAP a lot happened this episode. But let's ignore how a headless guy sees the glint of silver in his skull.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Crisco Kid posted:

How did he print stuff off? Lots and loooots of hand-holding by Abby, no doubt. This is the woman who labeled his entire hotel room with instructive sticky-notes, after all.

Holy CRAP a lot happened this episode. But let's ignore how a headless guy sees the glint of silver in his skull.

Hey, I figured that a guy would know what was going on in his own head, you know? I didn't have a problem with it.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Jesus gently caress I love this show. This is my favorite episode. The Mason-O-Lanters creeped me out. It took me a second to figure out what I was looking at when I first saw them.

I loved how they did the Sally Hemming conversation, split between three locations to show how long the argument went on before they had to really break it all down for Ichabod. Loved the scene in the museum. Man, I wouldn't what would happen if you gave Ichabod an American History textbook.

I also really loved the bit when he kept sucking on his straw and she started laughing. It was such an honest exchanged it almost seemed like it was an outtake they decided to leave in.

Gyges posted:

I love that Crane signs his voice mails.

Loved this too. And he didn't just sign it, he dictated a whole letter. He started the voicemail with, "To my dearest Abby" or something along the lines.

Waffleman_ posted:

He's still on the water, Jesus.

I can kinda get it. The idea of paying for something that freely falls from the sky or is right there in the lake would be absolutely absurd to someone from him time. Especially when he now knows water can be gotten from a tap in your own house.

Can someone get a .gif or a picture of the look on Ichabod's face when they are in the cabin and he first asks her if she paid for the water? I loved the look on his face.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
At this point, Abby should just admit defeat and get him a britta pitcher or something.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Just caught up on this episode. Goddamn, this show is so much fun it's criminal. If you had told me at the beginning of this television season that Sleepy Hollow would be one of my must-sees I'd have told you that you were crazy and now I can't wait to see next week's episode.

The best part of the whole Thomas Jefferson/Sally Hemmings bit was at the very end when Abby shows Crane that Jefferson stole his one-liner and attributed it to himself. The look on Crane's face is just priceless. "Well, we never really know people..."

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

KilGrey posted:

I also really loved the bit when he kept sucking on his straw and she started laughing. It was such an honest exchanged it almost seemed like it was an outtake they decided to leave in.
That was honestly one of the best parts of the episode when they were just chilling in the library.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

KilGrey posted:

Can someone get a .gif or a picture of the look on Ichabod's face when they are in the cabin and he first asks her if she paid for the water? I loved the look on his face.

Definitely the best episode so far, especially with the humor intertwined. I'm so glad that this show is doing as well as it has been so far. I usually don't follow ratings and instead just taper off something as I lose interest. Season 2 here we come!

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

EconOutlines posted:

Definitely the best episode so far, especially with the humor intertwined. I'm so glad that this show is doing as well as it has been so far. I usually don't follow ratings and instead just taper off something as I lose interest. Season 2 here we come!

I thought it was the worst episode :(

I'm starting to get worried that the show is relying way too much on telling instead of showing us. Every episode so far has had at least one instance of him just telling us the whole motivation of whatever it is that episode, most episodes he does it multiple times even.

At first I didn't even care because it's wacky zany fun, but we're 7 episodes in now and they're still doing it and the 'no this is the way it really was' joke is starting to get thin too. It's made worse by it being only 10 episodes a season, which is something I thought I'd like but it doesn't feel like it's really growing at a pace of a short season.

I'm nowhere near not liking it anymore territory or anything, just was hoping they would have built more onto it by now, but hopefully since the instant renewal and popularity season 2 will be different (a lot like Buffy's was).

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 12, 2013

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Was I the only person who thought 'FIELD TRIP!' When they said the manuscript was in London?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This episode was the most fun I had on TV this fall outside Brooklyn 99 :allears:

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Fun episode but I feel like they could do without the recap flashbacks constantly. It's like, I don't have the memory of a goldfish here, I remember what happened 7 minutes ago.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Scorchy posted:

Fun episode but I feel like they could do without the recap flashbacks constantly. It's like, I don't have the memory of a goldfish here, I remember what happened 7 minutes ago.
You may not, but the average Fox viewer does.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Gyges posted:

Abby didn't have the heart to tell him about airplanes either.

Or that modern cruise ships will take you there within a week.
I was hoping they would catch a flight to London.

Abby is a little nuts about tap water. Besides, cheap bottled water probably comes from a municipal source anyway, she's probably drinking tap water anyways, possibly from some county with worse water quality than whatever county Sleepy Hollow is located, shipped across the country with diesel-fueled trucks.
Yeah, the lengths humans go to defile the Earth, to paraphrase Ichabod.

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 12, 2013

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That episode way too much fun. All the crazy little touches helped make it like Ichabod signing his voice mail and the horseman's axe decapitating the stuffed bird when it missed Irving. Also, I thought I was going to be really annoyed at the use of Paul Revere in the episode and then Ichabod goes to town on the museum guide about the inaccuracies (only to get it back when he's told about what a dick Jefferson was).

I'm surprised the silver teeth weren't damaged when Abby tried to Heisenberg the skull...

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I was really hoping we could see Ichabod on a plane.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I loved the horseman going all indy's hat on his axe :allears:

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I bet at some point we will. Something that big of a deal they may want to save for later once the small things stop being so astounding.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I wanted a "a black man is president?!" but opposite on what happened on American Horror Story.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I bet he knows the existence of planes by this point but it's not something that he's really wrapped his head around yet. It's one thing to know that flying machines exist, it's another to understand that it means that he can get back to London in a matter of hours.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I have a friend that lives in... hell I forget where. Somewhere in The Netherlands. He had the following to say about the episode:

"This episode when out on the evening of November 11. Where I come from, that's St. Martin's Day. A day where children turn up at your door with a light in a hollowed out sugarbeet or paper lantern, sing a song, and expect to be given candy. That cannot be a coincidence, surely?"

I have no idea if that holds any water, because with scheduling funkiness it can be nearly impossible to line things up perfectly, but I thought that was a neat little something!

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

Kai Tave posted:

Just caught up on this episode. Goddamn, this show is so much fun it's criminal. If you had told me at the beginning of this television season that Sleepy Hollow would be one of my must-sees I'd have told you that you were crazy and now I can't wait to see next week's episode.

The best part of the whole Thomas Jefferson/Sally Hemmings bit was at the very end when Abby shows Crane that Jefferson stole his one-liner and attributed it to himself. The look on Crane's face is just priceless. "Well, we never really know people..."

Yeah I love this show so much. It's just so outrageous. Paul Revere? Sure. Undead zombie policeman in servitude to dark lord? Alright. A freemason head lantern? Why not four?! All the while not coming off as totally retarded. I like the small history lessons and Crane's modernizing issues as well.

Great stuff all around.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I really don't look forward to any show as much as this one. This is a good show.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
"What happened to the heads?"
"The horseman took them, sir."
"For now, our cover story is cult ritual suicide."
"Ah yes, a suicide in which the participants disposed of their own heads post-mortem! That should stick!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

I have a friend that lives in... hell I forget where. Somewhere in The Netherlands. He had the following to say about the episode:

"This episode when out on the evening of November 11. Where I come from, that's St. Martin's Day. A day where children turn up at your door with a light in a hollowed out sugarbeet or paper lantern, sing a song, and expect to be given candy. That cannot be a coincidence, surely?"

I have no idea if that holds any water, because with scheduling funkiness it can be nearly impossible to line things up perfectly, but I thought that was a neat little something!

Between Fox's fall schedule being built around baseball and that holiday sounding an awful lot like the Dutch equivalent to Halloween/trick or treating, I'd guess that it's a coincidence.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 12, 2013

• Locked thread