Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viper_3000 posted:

I would be in love with this if you didn't tint the headlamps and instead hid the intercooler piping behind a grill or something.

The headlights are my only real gripe. Really loving the wheel fitment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

'87 Volvo 760 GLE V6
'95 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight
Posted the Volvo here before I believe. Despite the SC plates both have been driven to and are staying in upstate New York and will be registered/inspected later. Will need help keeping rust off the Volvo, our roads are made of salt in the winter.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
I'm not sure how I'd go about hiding the intercooler piping. The holes it's all visible through is actually a part of the Blitzen bumper. Some of the back part of it had to be cut just so it'd fit. As for the lamps...I had never really thought about it before, it was just very cool to me. I'll see what the other set I have looks like on right now, that set is not blacked out.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I honestly really like the way it looks, even with the blacked out headlights. However, the blacked out bit severely reduces the light output you're getting from your headlights hence the reaction on here. I wouldn't drive a car with blacked out headlights at night.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
That, I have noticed. It's not too big of an issue here (Okinawa) as everywhere I drive, even at night, is fairly well lit. Still, I'm going to throw them on and see how it looks. It's helping me learn, after all.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Met up with some other S2000 people today :shobon:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I wish we had any kind of legitimate contingency here :(. Everyone has to drive 60+ miles to get together so it never happens.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paul Boz_ posted:

I wish we had any kind of legitimate contingency here :(. Everyone has to drive 60+ miles to get together so it never happens.

I drove an hour+ for a Miata met up and nobody else even showed up. I'll be sticking with Cars & Coffee meets from here on out.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Got the e30 running well enough to enjoy it before the snow falls. It's graduated from being parked in the back corner of the driveway in shame to being parked front and center next to the LGBT wagon. :3:

BigBadBrewsta
Mar 11, 2002

"The State of Iowa: let us exceed your already low expectations."

-Raygun T-Shirt

Shinde posted:

Decided to retire the 2007 Mazda6 from all the highway driving I do-- she was getting long in the tooth with 120K miles. Stepped up to a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring in Jet Black Mica. It's taking a bit of getting used to, for sure.

Really nice ride. I love the Mazda6, but was a little more cash than I was looking to spend at this point in time, so I ended up with the Elantra GT. How's Ramsey Mazda to work with? They're just up the street from me; I live in Clive.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Paul Boz_ posted:

I've only seen like three or four S2000's driving around since I got mine, so I wasn't expecting that many people. But a whole bunch of them were from Mass, just in the parts I never go to

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

when i move you move, just like that
Created custom center caps and put some new wheels/tires on. Michelin Super Sports are very sticky.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

E61 M5 Touring, 2007.
53,000 miles.
Just had an Eisenmann race exhaust put on it.

I loving love it. Had an E60 M5 about a year ago that was similarly good fun, but that kept going wrong. Touch wood, no problems at all so far on this one.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Edit: ^^ you can't post a touring model without letting us see the beautiful side view.

dangerz posted:

Created custom center caps and put some new wheels/tires on. Michelin Super Sports are very sticky.

I like your car. And the wheels.

prototype14
Nov 6, 2013

My S15 Silvia that I've had for around 5 years now. I have changed wheels, kit and added the Water-Air intercooler. The only "performance" mods are the intercooler and a 3" cat-back exhaust, which gives 166rwkw (222.6rwhp) on 14psi (just under 1 bar) of boost.

(Yes the shed floor is untidy, I was changing oil it that day)

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

GazChap posted:

E61 M5 Touring, 2007.
53,000 miles.

I loving love it. Had an E60 M5 about a year ago that was similarly good fun, but that kept going wrong. Touch wood, no problems at all so far on this one.

Good lord almighty! Is that the factory exhaust? 6MT?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
You assholes! Quit posting gorgeous cars us poor Americans can't own.
Seriously though, beautiful cars GazChap and prototype.

Shinde
Mar 19, 2009

BigBadBrewsta posted:

Really nice ride. I love the Mazda6, but was a little more cash than I was looking to spend at this point in time, so I ended up with the Elantra GT. How's Ramsey Mazda to work with? They're just up the street from me; I live in Clive.

Thanks! The experience was really laid-back, quite honestly-- I didn't have much issue with the entire thing. It took a while to be helped, but they were short on staff on that particular day. I love the Mazda6 enough that I was willing to wait a bit, though. Still, I had an awesome salesperson who was pretty patient with us as we negotiated on price, and I know the service adviser from a ways back, so that helps make the experience all the better I suppose!

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

when i move you move, just like that

davebo posted:

I like your car. And the wheels.
Thank you, it's a very fun car. I had chrome wheels on it before and never really liked the look. I think the darker wheels are a better look for it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

BigBadBrewsta posted:

Of course AI comes out after I move away from Des Moines.

I hate you guys... stuck in stupid Nebraska...

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Fudging with the GTV front ride height. I'd like to make it lower. Current height is the highest position. The front ride height is adjustable by rotating the torsion bars.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

NovaLion posted:

I didn't realize this was a thread, there are some beautiful whips in here.

Still trying to figure out what car this is.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 15, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its a Fiero.

Turbo.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Chinatown posted:

Its a Fiero.

Turbo.

It's always a Fiero. Even when it's not.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

b0nes posted:

Still trying to figure out what car this is.

'00 Legacy Blitzen

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DoLittle posted:

Fudging with the GTV front ride height. I'd like to make it lower. Current height is the highest position. The front ride height is adjustable by rotating the torsion bars.

poo poo, dude, for a moment I thought you made your Alfa into a lowrider. I don't even know how I'd feel about that, probably awesome? I think it looks best in the lowest position, and it's still not low enough to be a serious issue for practicality.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

thealphabetsez posted:

Good lord almighty! Is that the factory exhaust? 6MT?
No, that's the Eisenmann exhaust. It's the SMG-III 7 speed auto.

Here's the album of pics from the dealer I bought it from in June.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

prototype14 posted:

My S15 Silvia that I've had for around 5 years now. I have changed wheels, kit and added the Water-Air intercooler. The only "performance" mods are the intercooler and a 3" cat-back exhaust, which gives 166rwkw (222.6rwhp) on 14psi (just under 1 bar) of boost.

(Yes the shed floor is untidy, I was changing oil it that day)

I love S15 Silbeers, but why the water air intercooler? There's like a zillion good FMIC setups for the car that don't have the issues of water/air.

bullets cure cops
Feb 3, 2006

I just bought a 1982 RX-7 base model (2000$), with little to no knowledge about rotaries. As a daily driver. I make terrible decisions. :shepicide:
I'm sure I'll come to regret this purchase at some point, but so far god drat do I love everything about this car!
gallery at http://imgur.com/a/JJ6Qj

bullets cure cops fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 12, 2013

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

My mom is a slut posted:

I just bought a 1982 RX-7 base model (2000$), with little to no knowledge about rotaries. As a daily driver. I make terrible decisions. :shepicide:
I'm sure I'll come to regret this purchase at some point, but so far god drat do I love everything about this car!

I daily drove an 84 for a few years, it was super reliable but terrible on gas. Only ongoing problems I had were with exhaust parts that they didnt make anymore at the time (this was more than a decade ago) so I was always messing with that.

prototype14
Nov 6, 2013

Octopus Magic posted:

I love S15 Silbeers, but why the water air intercooler? There's like a zillion good FMIC setups for the car that don't have the issues of water/air.

I found that even with the standard, side mounted air-air intercooler I got a bit too much lag for my liking. Basically there's less intercooler piping, and I don't need airflow running through it to keep everything cool.
I've never had an issue with the water-air, though I do want one with a bigger core and inlets.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

My mom is a slut posted:

Nice color. Steelies don't look bad in black on that.
I've daily driven an SA ('79 RX-7) and an S4 FC ('90.) Maintained, they are just as reliable as any other car. 223K miles on my FC, and I got it with a stuck engine, which I successfully unstuck. It's the turbo rotaries that eat engines.
You might want to look at http://wright-here.net/cars/rx7/manuals.html for Workshop Manuals and such (my site.)
http://rx7.foxed.ca/ is also a good resource. Sgt. Fox is also here in AI, I believe.
Also, there's a rotary thread at http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3524607

edit: holy gently caress - what did you do to get that username?

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 12, 2013

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I should note that on rotaries "properly maintained" means first and foremost keeping the oil topped, and the cooling system in good condition. Those two are the number one killers of NA rotaries. Also, take it to redline through the first two or three gears daily, once it's warmed up. Carbon deposits are a Very Bad Thing for rotaries.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

GazChap posted:

No, that's the Eisenmann exhaust. It's the SMG-III 7 speed auto.

Here's the album of pics from the dealer I bought it from in June.

I don't "get" red leather. Am I alone?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

djfooboo posted:

Nope, car interiors should be black or brown :colbert:

goddamn kids

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The Third Man posted:

Nope, car interiors should be black or brown :colbert:

goddamn kids

What about blue cloth? I have no complaints about mine, except for the hole worn out in the foam underneath the driver's portion of the front bench.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

djfooboo posted:

It's actually quite a subdued red, I wasn't sold on it based on those pictures as the lighting makes it look really bright and in your face.

It goes really nicely with the black though, although I'm biased of course ;)

Mickles
Feb 12, 2008
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.

'13 WRX fresh from a wash. No mods yet, but hopefully an AccessPort is in the not too distant future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

GazChap posted:

E61 M5 Touring, 2007.
53,000 miles.

Is that the exhaust with the cutouts in it? I seem to remember that the Eisenmann Race has electric cutouts, and sounds positively demonic.