Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

So what's the deal with Adam Devine's House Party? Did Workaholics get canceled?

It's a stand-up feeder show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

Is there anywhere online I can watch Spartacus? Is that poo poo on Netflix?

I don't think so but it does look awesome on blu ray.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Aphrodite posted:

At this point Comedy Central only runs new shows to feed the running "We'll be right back with..." joke on Tosh.0.

He ran out of shows like 2-3 episodes ago :(

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

raditts posted:

^^^
That's the one that was a former blues bar, right? I don't remember much of it but what strikes you as fake?

Boy, he tried really hard to keep that interview going. I can't believe he managed to stretch that out to 10 minutes.
I guess this interview answers this question, but does "the guy who made minecraft" really have enough star power to make it onto late night talk shows?

You're all out of your minds, that interview was the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Is there still a late night thread where I can discuss this ridiculous Jimmy Kimmel thing?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What thing?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

zoux posted:

What thing?

Someone doxxed him and discovered he's poo poo.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Kimmel had a segment with some kids about how to fix the Government or something. One of the kids suggested "Killing everyone in China" to which Jimmy later asked the kids to vote, "Should we let the Chinese live?" (It was a 2-2 response).

So a bunch of humorless jerks have been picketing his show and calling for ABC to fire him. CNN is making a big deal out of it.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/11/12/china-wants-jimmy-kimmel-to-apologize-for-a-third-time/

edit: I don't think what Kimmel said was racist, it was insensitive but satirical. The "joke" came from a kid. Kids say the darndest things. If this was 20 years ago and Cosby was drawing the gag out of a kid, no one would've said anything.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Chinese foreign ministry is getting involved, too. Because if there's one group of people who knows all about killing Chinese citizens en masse, it's the Chinese government.

loving ridiculous.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Does it look like he will get fired?

To be fair even though it had obvious comedic intent I can't see how he'd not be aware this would bite him in the rear end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh that, I can't believe that's still a thing. Didn't that happen like 2 weeks ago?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PriorMarcus posted:

Probably not. Literally no one cares about this except a bunch of idiots.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

To be fair even though it had obvious comedic intent I can't see how he'd not be aware this would bite him in the rear end.

Are you kidding? He lives for this. He's probably the least poo poo person to host The Man Show but he's still always been a glorified shock jock. Oh, look, he's giving liquor to the audience of his talk show and using bleeps to make it sound like the puppets on Sesame Street are swearing, isn't that scandalous?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The CW ordered full seasons of its three freshmen shows (Tomorrow People, Reign and The Originals). I only watch TP and it's merely OK, I don't know about the other two. Wasn't there supposed to be some teen post-apoc CW show or something?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

The CW ordered full seasons of its three freshmen shows (Tomorrow People, Reign and The Originals). I only watch TP and it's merely OK, I don't know about the other two. Wasn't there supposed to be some teen post-apoc CW show or something?

Capture? The Hunger Games game show? We watched it. It was mildly entertaining. No word on whether it was renewed or not (that I've seen).

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The 100. I haven't seen it air yet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sc..scully-chan :sweatdrop:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I don't know how she does it but Gillian Anderson just gets hotter every year.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have this strange desire to start smoking tobacco again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think that's from the episode where the Lone Gunmen trick her into coming out to Las Vegas and she gets some kind of mind control drug?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

zoux posted:

I think that's from the episode where the Lone Gunmen trick her into coming out to Las Vegas and she gets some kind of mind control drug?

Yeah, I think it's Michael McKean on the other end of the cigarette.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I always liked the episodes where they let Gillian Andersen be less Scully, like the Rashomon episode with Luke Wilson or the Loch Ness monster episode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, I don't think he should be fired or anything but this is just typical shock jock behavior. You don't extend a "kill all Chinese" joke without knowing you're going to piss some people off. More than likely that's a bonus if not the exact intent. TV and radio hosts who say this sort of stuff deserve the flack they get. Its literally what they asked for.

scary ghost dog posted:

Is there anywhere online I can watch Spartacus? Is that poo poo on Netflix?
If you have it the Starz App has the series on it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BigRed0427 posted:

So what's the deal with Adam Devine's House Party? Did Workaholics get canceled?

The deal seems to be that it's a couple of 3-minute comedy sets surrounded by 20 minutes of Adam Devine saying and doing really unfunny poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

The deal seems to be that it's a couple of 3-minute comedy sets surrounded by 20 minutes of Adam Devine saying and doing really unfunny poo poo.

So, Workaholics.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Season 5 of Sliders, huh?

I hadn't watched this show since it aired, and somehow I missed there was ever even a fifth season. I took the advantage of Netflix to binge through through 1-4 over the last week, and now I'm a couple episodes into the final season and I have no idea what's even going on.

They kept Rembrandt of all the originals, and he's still stuck with Kari Whurtever, and somehow Quinn is now in the body of some jarhead who rivals Quinn's brother for the bad-acting trophy of the series (seriously, the other O'Connell was terrible, but so is this guy.)

What happened to this show?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Manos del Sino posted:

Season 5 of Sliders, huh?

I hadn't watched this show since it aired, and somehow I missed there was ever even a fifth season. I took the advantage of Netflix to binge through through 1-4 over the last week, and now I'm a couple episodes into the final season and I have no idea what's even going on.

They kept Rembrandt of all the originals, and he's still stuck with Kari Whurtever, and somehow Quinn is now in the body of some jarhead who rivals Quinn's brother for the bad-acting trophy of the series (seriously, the other O'Connell was terrible, but so is this guy.)

What happened to this show?

If moved to Siffy in season 4. It's best if you just pretend it ended after Season 3.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Looks like Joss Whedon is handing out the new Marvel shows to all his old writing buddies:

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/lost-and-buffy-vet-drew-goddard-to-write-daredevil-for-marvel-and-netflix

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
Hello Couch Thread it has been awhile because I don't watch new TV anymore, just old TV and currently I'm running through Alphas again and getting EXTREMELY UPSET that it was not on my television this year. But regardless, what new fall shows should I be watching that I'm not?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sophia posted:

Hello Couch Thread it has been awhile because I don't watch new TV anymore, just old TV and currently I'm running through Alphas again and getting EXTREMELY UPSET that it was not on my television this year. But regardless, what new fall shows should I be watching that I'm not?

Sleepy Hollow Sleepy Hollow Sleepy Hollow HOLY poo poo YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING SLEEPY HOLLOW.

"But DP, this post is so low-content and it doesn't tell me anything!" You don't need to be told anything. You just need to know the show is batshit insane in the best possible way and doesn't take its batshit insane premise too seriously. WATCH IT.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sophia posted:

Sleepy Hollow is a super fun supernatural show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sophia posted:

Sleepy Hollow.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
This loving Dads poo poo is still on?

edit: gently caress me, this show is what makes it so hard for me to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Like, I don't want to turn the TV on until New Girl, because I'm afraid I'll accidentally end up watching some of Dads.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 13, 2013

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sophia posted:

You're into shows about identity, right? If you're not caught up on Orphan Black you should get on that as well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

Sleepy Hollow.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Deadpool knows what's up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sleepy Hollowns, also Arrow if you aren't already.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Any good sci-fi dramas a la lost, flashforward, etc. released in the past 2 years that lasted more than like half a season?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShadowMoo posted:

Any good sci-fi dramas released in the past 2 years

No. And it sucks. Syfy really pushed two mediocre shows--Stargate Universe* and Caprica--on us. When people didn't watch them because they were, well, mediocre, they axed all non-canadian sci-fi shows. And no one else bothered with science fiction to start with.

*I actually really enjoyed SGU season 2, but I understand I'm in the minority there.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 13, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sleepy Hollow is so loving good for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
Okay I will check out Sleepy Hollow next and try to make it through the rest of Orphan Black after I got bored with it. Arrow is on my "to catch up on" list already!

ShadowMoo posted:

Any good sci-fi dramas a la lost, flashforward, etc. released in the past 2 years that lasted more than like half a season?

ALPHAS. It had two 13 episode seasons on SyFy.

• Locked thread