Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

not if you like missiles

i dont know what that means
im just tired of seeing russians coming through the borders and buying up all the vodka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ruby got Railed posted:

howcome 4 corners isnt in that list is it becasuue our american engineering and straight lines blew wikis collective mind?

a point is not a border :spergin:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Ruby got Railed posted:

howcome 4 corners isnt in that list is it becasuue our american engineering and straight lines blew wikis collective mind?

utah and whatever the gently caress other desert shitholes are not countries

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Sweevo posted:

utah and whatever the gently caress other desert shitholes are not countries

despite states being run like really lovely countries

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Early copies of the album were released as a joint package with a book by Downie, also titled Coke Machine Glow. The book included the song lyrics from the album and other poetry. As a result of the album's sales, the book is one of the best-selling volumes of poetry ever published by a Canadian writer.[citation needed]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Ruby got Railed posted:

Actually they do mention it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

like im gonna not read it again ill take your word for it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
CASA supports the Progressive Agriculture Safety Days[13] in Canada. This hands-on, fun, and educational program has helped children across Canada learn about dangers and potential deadly outcomes of unsafe behaviour on the farm.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prefect posted:

i hate to admit it, but i find both those pages fascinating :spergin:

ohh prefect dont turn out to be a fishmech alt

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

CASA supports the Progressive Agriculture Safety Days[13] in Canada. This hands-on, fun, and educational program has helped children across Canada learn about dangers and potential deadly outcomes of unsafe behaviour on the farm.

program itself not worthless

teacher at my school got her scalp loving ripped off cause she wasn't careful around some tractor poo poo, had to wear a bandana for months

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tractor ptos are pretty goddamn terrifying yep

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

they're like even bigger cars that are less safe and stable

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no that's just tractors. i mean the power take-off shaft that most tractors have so you can plug in pumps and stuff and they'll be powered by the engine

people always get sucked into them

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

no that's just tractors. i mean the power take-off shaft that most tractors have so you can plug in pumps and stuff and they'll be powered by the engine

http://i.imgur.com/uckbw7J.jpg

people always get sucked into them
yeah just fukken embed that poo poo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
thats a scarecrow

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

quote:

xperts-Exchange ran a competition for almost a month before that date. The competition was announced on Experts-Exchange web site and its newsletter.[24] A Dell laptop and a t-shirt was given to the user who asked the 2,000,000th question, the expert who answered it, and the user who made the nearest guess for the time and date of the 2,000,000th solution.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

yeah just fukken embed that poo poo

it in fact is not a real person but it does a very good job of demonstrating what happens when you gently caress around with a power take-off

Install Windows posted:

thats a scarecrow

i hate that i'm quoting you but yes

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Install Windows posted:

thats a scarecrow

thx fishmech

(i dont like to look at the stuff to work it out)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Install Windows posted:

thats a scarecrow
sincere thanks fishmech

also now that i'm really looking at it :laugh: @ those "feet"

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz. (31 letters) (Used by Microsoft Windows XP when previewing some non-TrueType/OpenType fonts. It is interesting that the set of digits afterwards omits the numeral 7.)

TINA TURNER posted:

i dont know what that means
im just tired of seeing russians coming through the borders and buying up all the vodka
kaliningrad oblast has anti-air defense/missile defense(?) and was going to have nuclear missiles, it's p great for that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

expert sexchange dot com

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Three different radio edits have been released. One had amended lyrics (i.e. "take that thang to the floor, you skank, you skank"), while the other two bleeped out certain profanities. Of the two bleep censored versions, one version left the word "goddamn" intact while the other censored the word.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

Cracklin' Oat Bran is a breakfast cereal loved by everyone, introduced in 1977[1] by Kellogg's.

10:52, 27 September 2013ý 85.226.122.201 (talk)ý . . (2,015 bytes) (-19)ý . . (Removed ridiculous "loved by everyone" claim without source.) (undo)

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

There are many myths regarding people with hearing losses including, but not limited to:

4. All deaf/hard of hearing people are experts in Deaf Culture.
- Deaf people may have a variety of different beliefs, experiences, and methods of communication.[44]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Komojo posted:

There are many myths regarding people with hearing losses including, but not limited to:

4. All deaf/hard of hearing people are experts in Deaf Culture.
- Deaf people may have a variety of different beliefs, experiences, and methods of communication.[44]

- Mos Def is their leader.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

prefect posted:

- Mos Def is their leader.

i mean he's the mos def so it makes sense

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Orbi posted:

oh my god what the gently caress did i just find

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweater_curse

imagine i posted this in the worthless wikipedia thread too

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

^ Jump up to: a b Pearl-McPhee, Stephanie (2006). Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks. Storey Publishing, LLC. ISBN 1-58017-834-0.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

mnc to Yarn Harlot

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

just a butt posted:

10:52, 27 September 2013ý 85.226.122.201 (talk)ý . . (2,015 bytes) (-19)ý . . (Removed ridiculous "loved by everyone" claim without source.) (undo)

sounds perfectly reasonable to me

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

mention of stockhausen in the cjs thread made me remember this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlheinz_Stockhausen

the article itself is okay but holy poo poo the formatting

like inline referencing and a "sources" section that reads like an essay with a weird external links section

it's just weird that no wikipedia sperg has found this yet i guess

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

oh they have, they just haven't done anything about it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
p sure someone just posted their college essay sor the article

at least it's comprehensive I guess :shobon:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
oh jesus nm hes just a huge music sperg

e: oh even better he basically based his whole career off of sucking stockhausens d

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 14, 2013

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

is stockhausen the one who records the sound of instruments being thrown down stairs and then passes it off as music?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
no that's björk

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

no, bjork is the one who talks in the shower and somehow convinces people it's singing

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Sweevo posted:

no, bjork is the one who talks in the shower and somehow convinces people it's singing

i throw nickles in the oven and its moozik

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i throw nickles in the oven and its moozik

do the nickels melt?

*waits for answer with hand poised to call the secret service*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paperboy_2_%28video_game%29

quote:

There are four specific actions that can be taken somewhere in the middle of each stage that reward the player with a front page photo on the newspaper afterwards:

Hero paperboy stops thief - at the end of the stage, two gas stations are visible. One of them will have a robber (a man in a black suit holding a gun). Throw a newspaper at him, and he will fall to the ground.

Paperboy saves runaway baby
- when riding down the road in the middle of the stage, a carriage with a baby in it rolls down the left sidewalk. If hit it with a newspaper, it will stop.

Graffiti guy a goner!
- when riding down the road in the middle of the stage, after the baby, there is a criminal vandalizing a wall. Throw a newspaper at him, and he will fall to the ground.

Hosed bather files complaint
- near the middle of the second half of the stage, a woman is sunbathing next to a garden hose. Hitting her with a paper turns the water on and causes her to shake her fist.