Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Here's something pretty interesting that someone on Reddit posted. It could point towards future DLC or some scrapped plans for the vanilla game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA58DFJQg4k

It's probably just related to that one sequence from midway through the game. Challenge Mode probably just allows you to pull any playable character in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Maybe. Based on the post-credits sequence it seems like they're gearing up for Suicide Squad DLC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Maybe. Based on the post-credits sequence it seems like they're gearing up for Suicide Squad DLC.

I get the impression Suicide Squad is going to be its own game. Arkham: Blackgate also sets up for it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

ImpAtom posted:

I get the impression Suicide Squad is going to be its own game. Arkham: Blackgate also sets up for it.

I hope not. As much as I'm willing to deal with the flaws and shortcomings of AO, I don't really want WB Montreal to keep churning out games for this franchise.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is it possible to fix it that you can't 100% complete the game because of how Worst Nightmare works? I think I'm going to run out of Predator sections in my NG+, since I can't do them in training for some reason. I'm at 9/15 and have just sent Joker to Blackgate

It sounds like I'll be able to finish it off in I Am The Night mode, but that it'll be a real ball-ache.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
If you Beat the Average in the WB Humble Bundle, you get some DLC skins for Origins:

quote:

The Millennium Skins Pack for Batman™: Arkham Origins contains six bonus skins based on a variety of classic and modern storylines pulled from the comics*. The content can be used in challenges maps, as well as the single-player campaign upon completion of the main story and in multiplayer for players that reach Level 2.

Included in the pack are:
Red Son Batman
Blackest Night Batman
1st Appearance Batman
New 52 Graphic Batman
Batman™: Noe
One Year Later Robin
(available in multiplayer mode only on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC)

Developed by WB Games Montréal, Batman: Arkham Origins is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game features an expanded Gotham City and showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships. The online multiplayer mode is developed by Splash Damage.

*Please Note: Requires Batman: Arkham Origins base game to play.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Nthman posted:

Youve obviously never gone shopping in a Lane Bryant store.

I wouldnt mind seeing the next game incorporate more Robin/Nightwing into the mix. Id even be happy with the game if they based it off Batman Beyond.

The Lane Bryant lingerie store is called Cacique. This would probably have come up in the Suicide Squad game but New 52. :argh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope not. As much as I'm willing to deal with the flaws and shortcomings of AO, I don't really want WB Montreal to keep churning out games for this franchise.

I would go as far as to theorize that that is Rocksteady's next game, instead of another Arkham.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That would be fine by me, Batman can take a break. Besides I wouldn't want Arkham be basically a COD franchise.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Here's something pretty interesting that someone on Reddit posted. It could point towards future DLC or some scrapped plans for the vanilla game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA58DFJQg4k

Or it could just be extra assets since you play as him in one section and all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He didn't even seem like he had any real unique moves, most of them just look ripped from other characters especially his cape stun. If he is a DLC character there's not gonna be a lot to him.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Bard Maddox posted:

If you Beat the Average in the WB Humble Bundle, you get some DLC skins for Origins:

I was thinking about getting that pack until i remember i had the season pass. I've not seen all of those skins in single player though. Like some of them are there but the red son one wasn't there in single player the last time i played the game a few days ago.

Has it only been unlocked in the last day or so? I did read that some of the skins are bugged.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

codenameFANGIO posted:

I would go as far as to theorize that that is Rocksteady's next game, instead of another Arkham.

I expect there to be a sequel game where Batman investigates a bunch of exciting new villains only to find out the Joker planned the whole thing from beyond the grave, Saw style.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jurgan posted:

I expect there to be a sequel game where Batman investigates a bunch of exciting new villains only to find out the Joker planned the whole thing from beyond the grave, Saw style.

Two Face is marketed as the big bad guy, in the opening cinematic he flips his coin while walking, slips on a banana peel and is knocked unconscious for the rest of the game. In a twist, the banana peel was put there by.... The Trickster! Voiced by Mark Hamill!

Edit: Also the game is set entirely in Sionis Steel Mill.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Jerusalem posted:

Two Face is marketed as the big bad guy, in the opening cinematic he flips his coin while walking, slips on a banana peel and is knocked unconscious for the rest of the game. In a twist, the banana peel was put there by.... The Trickster! Voiced by Mark Hamill!

Edit: Also the game is set entirely in Sionis Steel Mill.

Oooooh, and we get to see the accident that created Mr Freeze, with Ferris Boyle doing all the speaking!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Kin posted:

I was thinking about getting that pack until i remember i had the season pass. I've not seen all of those skins in single player though. Like some of them are there but the red son one wasn't there in single player the last time i played the game a few days ago.

Has it only been unlocked in the last day or so? I did read that some of the skins are bugged.

Yeah. It was just released yesterday evening. The way I've gotten all the season pass skins to work is:

1. Go to the Arkham Origins section of Playstation Store.
2. Download the new Skin Pack. If you've purchased the Season Pass it'll be listed as Free.
3. Boot up Arkham Origins and go to the In-Game Store. Download the new Skin Pack again there.
4. Then it'll be accessible in singleplayer in NG+ and the challenge maps.

That's one thing I wish WB Montreal didn't copy from Rocksteady. I wanna play around with my Batsuits on a brand new save file :(

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Ahaha, so my game just bugged out and I couldn't progress to start the Firefly fight. The STUPID part where it goes all 2D as you try to cross the bridge wreckage bugged for me. There is a grapple point at the end, which I used, and proceeded to get stuck in the wall instead of perching on it. I hit forward A to climb up, but ended up just dropping back and now the grapple point is completely gone so I cannot get back up for no apparent reason. This is not counting the ledge grab jump you have to make before this part that flat out did not work the first 2 times I tried it leaving me confused as to what I was supposed to do. Seriously, I cannot think of a single player game that I have had to load up guides for more than this one in the last several years. The overall design choices and bugs are mind bogglingly awful, which sucks because the story is great. Oh well, back to City I guess.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Another easter egg: Harleen Quinzel's character trophy is holding a clipboard. My resolution is too poor to read it clearly, but the paper on the clipboard is about project: Suicide Squad.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
This armored goon is so fat that I knocked him into the air and he got stuck :haw:

Also, I Am the Night Mode is easier than I expected. Wasn't it supposed to be another level of difficulty after New Game+, or is it just New Game+ except that I can't die? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't die at all in my New Game+ playthrough...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

THE CHORSE posted:

This armored goon is so fat that I knocked him into the air and he got stuck :haw:

Also, I Am the Night Mode is easier than I expected. Wasn't it supposed to be another level of difficulty after New Game+, or is it just New Game+ except that I can't die? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't die at all in my New Game+ playthrough...

It's just a NG+ but you can't die, yeah. Hardcore Modes often are easier than the actual hardest difficulty because of the one-death limitation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The frustration being when all your careful planning fucks up, either due to a fault on your own part, an out of nowhere issue that you can't react to in time, or just some plain good old fashioned bullshit.

My IATN run attempt ended (for now) through a combination of all three. I was just ahead of the Copperhead fight in the predator room, was performing a silent takedown on a sniper when two other snipers locked in on me out of nowhere and killed me dead before I had a chance to cancel out of the animation and drop a smoke pellet. That was.... very frustrating....

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Several folks have mentioned dying in I am the night mode, all in the exact same room in the exact same way. Definitely something I'll have to be on guard for when I give it a shot. Another character model/trophy callout- Harleen's blouse has diamond buttons.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Jerusalem posted:

The frustration being when all your careful planning fucks up, either due to a fault on your own part, an out of nowhere issue that you can't react to in time, or just some plain good old fashioned bullshit.

My IATN run attempt ended (for now) through a combination of all three. I was just ahead of the Copperhead fight in the predator room, was performing a silent takedown on a sniper when two other snipers locked in on me out of nowhere and killed me dead before I had a chance to cancel out of the animation and drop a smoke pellet. That was.... very frustrating....
I was just doing a simple (read: Extreme) predator room (the Royal Hotel Lobby) and had a sniper no scope me dead when I tried to glue grenade him from behind while on a vantage point. He actually turned around and just BAM, I was dead before it trapped him. Hacks, I tell yah :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sober posted:

I was just doing a simple (read: Extreme) predator room (the Royal Hotel Lobby) and had a sniper no scope me dead when I tried to glue grenade him from behind while on a vantage point. He actually turned around and just BAM, I was dead before it trapped him. Hacks, I tell yah :argh:

Jesus :gonk:

You must have just been sitting there going,"Wait... what? What? WHAT!?! :argh:"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Why the gently caress is Rank 6 on the Predator Challenges so hard to get?

I just finished the game, and I can't remember more than 2 or 3 maps that had (actual) KO walls.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Try Black Mask's side mission at the church. (after blowing up the all six tanks) I"m not sure if that will count but when I got to the last predator challenges I use that room for the five take downs and it worked.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Shindragon posted:

Try Black Mask's side mission at the church. (after blowing up the all six tanks) I"m not sure if that will count but when I got to the last predator challenges I use that room for the five take downs and it worked.

Nope, doesn't count.

It has the wrong kind of destructible walls. It has the "get a takedown by standing on one side, and the goon being on the other side" type, not the "put explosive gel on it and when an enemy is near, blow it up and they get knocked out" type.

Also, if you're not using the Red Son skin, then I don't want to know you. :colbert:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Anyone else annoyed by the "auto-detonation" on the explosive gel? I mean, I'd like it sometimes, but once you activate it you can never turn it off. I remember spraying a couple walls in the Deadshot fight and waiting for him to walk by so I could trigger it, but every time one of his goons set it off instead.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Discendo Vox posted:

Another easter egg: Harleen Quinzel's character trophy is holding a clipboard. My resolution is too poor to read it clearly, but the paper on the clipboard is about project: Suicide Squad.

I figured that was less of an easter egg and more because they only had the one clipboard asset from the post-credits scene.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

:smug:

Also, I was able to get rank 6 for the worst nightmare track in the first run-through of the bank right after Joker unmasks himself and the bank manager laughs herself to death (though the return trip with Deadshot probably would have worked just as well). It has two destructible stone walls (instead of plywood that you can punch through), a few two-ended vents, some very low ledges around the lower level for your ledge takedown (not hanging ledge), and corners everywhere. It's also a good area for the other rank that has four specific takedowns (hanging ledge, inverted, grate, and knockout smash).

THE CHORSE fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 14, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hate you so much.... well done!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Anyone else annoyed by the "auto-detonation" on the explosive gel? I mean, I'd like it sometimes, but once you activate it you can never turn it off. I remember spraying a couple walls in the Deadshot fight and waiting for him to walk by so I could trigger it, but every time one of his goons set it off instead.
Yes.

I feel like I should start up AC again and see if that was the case, because I don't think it worked like it does here. I swear that even if you got auto-detonate gel, it only goes off if you get put in combat/trouble. It's cool sometimes but most of the time they want you to set up a trap and someone just patrolling fucks it up.

Surprisingly the quickfire version doesn't auto detonate, but you can't spray that on vertical walls anyway, which is the real problem.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I got this game through a new video card; I now own all the Arkham games but have yet to play a single one. Would it be alright to jump in with Origins, move on to Asylum, and then make my way to the (what I've heard to be) superior City? I've already been spoiled on all the plot details so I don't care about that, I just want to save the best of the series for last so I'll keep playing through.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
The trophy for completing I Am the Night Mode is pretty badass.
http://i.imgur.com/1BuVLSn.jpg

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

THE CHORSE posted:

The trophy for completing I Am the Night Mode is pretty badass.
http://i.imgur.com/1BuVLSn.jpg

It really bums me out that they apparently removed this as a costume from the game. You were originally supposed to unlock it once you've gotten 100%, but people who did have reported you don't unlock anything.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

techknight posted:

I figured that was less of an easter egg and more because they only had the one clipboard asset from the post-credits scene.

I think it's in the easter egg category, if only because there are so many other little things in there.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

turnways posted:

I got this game through a new video card; I now own all the Arkham games but have yet to play a single one. Would it be alright to jump in with Origins, move on to Asylum, and then make my way to the (what I've heard to be) superior City? I've already been spoiled on all the plot details so I don't care about that, I just want to save the best of the series for last so I'll keep playing through.

AA > AC > AO

I mean if you don't give a poo poo about it, you could go chronological order but you would miss a ton of poo poo going from even City back to Asylum.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

turnways posted:

Play release order. You'd be doing yourself a disservice to do otherwise because of general gameplay progression adding onto the abilities/gadgets of the last.

The criticism of Origins is the lack of ambition compared to the steps forward AC makes from AA, not that it's an inferior game. All three games play largely the same and are great, you won't be finding yourself disappointed or unwilling to finish at any point.

EvilTobaccoExec fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 14, 2013

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
I agree, play them in release order. AA will ease you into the combat and stealth, AC introduces a layer of complexity, a few new gadgets, some actually interesting bosses, and opens up the world, and then AO increases the difficulty with more aggressive enemies, more complex predator rooms, and (most of) the best boss fights of the series (although AC definitely has a couple of good ones). By the time you're done with AO, the combat in AC will seem a lot slower and easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Lending my support to the course of action above. Maybe the by the time you play through AA and AC, the remaining major bugs in AO will be fixed, too.

• Locked thread