Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Voltage posted:

Yes it comes in a diesel, but the VW is in a different realm quality/interior/handling/everything wise

Yeah, not really. Unless you consider the standard VW rattletrap interior a positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
You're definitely right about the sedan, it's junk - but the sportwagen is a completely different car. I drove the cruze and the interior was a terrible place to be.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Voltage posted:

You're definitely right about the sedan, it's junk - but the sportwagen is a completely different car. I drove the cruze and the interior was a terrible place to be.

I have a 2013 Golf TDI. So, the same interior quality as the sportwagen. Rattles galore.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Voltage posted:

I've said this recently, but I think it was in another thread, and since it's relevant again: The US Jetta sedan and the JSW are two different cars. The JSW is still riding on a MkV chassis underneath, not the decontented MkVI Jetta that is generally terrible.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Voltage posted:

Yes it comes in a diesel, but the VW is in a different realm quality/interior/handling/everything wise - reliability wise I have no idea. Personally I would get the Mazda 6 when the diesel is available.

Have you sat in the newer NA-market VWs?

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

Guinness posted:

BMW sells the 328d sedan and wagon in the US. The sedan you can get RWD or AWD, while the wagon is AWD only. RWD claims 45mpg, AWD claims 43mpg (highway, obviously).
In addition to the BMW options, Mercedes now offers a diesel on GLK with the diesel C-class coming for the 2015 model year. Mazda's diesel Mazda6 is scheduled to ship in Q2 2014. The Chevrolet Cruze is already out and shipping I think. There's also the comedy option of the 3.0L diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is now shipping to dealers. The 2014 Ram 1500 diesels start shipping Jan/Feb 2014 as well, if you care.

EnergizerFellow fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 12, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Throatwarbler posted:

Well you did just use your tax dollars to pay for a company that now refuses to make cars that you want. How do you feel about that?

What a slap in the face

oRenj9 posted:

several year old inventory after the 2008 fiasco and I doubt they were very happy about it.

If you're talking about the G8, the entire brand was abolished and the fate of the parent company was shaky (not to mention even more macro economic factors.) That's going to make any car 100x as radioactive as it probably should be. I mean, you can't look at Saab going down and blame that on the leftover cars being that bahahaha ok I can't even pull that off

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Speaking of Saab...

http://saab.bluegrassauto.com/

And the last time I was there, they really did have that many Saab 9-3s sitting on their lot.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Manual SS is probably the worst of the "we're gonna buy it I swear!" Enthusiast bullshit lines that would never come to pass so good for GM for not making the SS available in manual. Parts proliferation alone on a couple hundred cars a year absolutely destroys the business case.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Manual SS is probably the worst of the "we're gonna buy it I swear!" Enthusiast bullshit lines that would never come to pass so good for GM for not making the SS available in manual. Parts proliferation alone on a couple hundred cars a year absolutely destroys the business case.

Don't forget, it also has to be AWD because reasons.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Don't forget, it also has to be AWD because reasons.

AWD would make more business sense than a manual transmission, significant segments of wealthy car buyers in the US live in climates where they think AWD is a necessity. Luckily the Holden Commodore platform is physically incapable of incorporating AWD (there has never been one) because you know, it's Australian. So heck of a job there GM.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Coredump posted:

Can one of these small rwd sportscars ever have more than 200 whp? One can only hope.

S2000 don't count cuz lol we forgot the torque. And the rx8 got the gas mileage of a v8 mustang for the power of a v6 before anyone brings those two up.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/genesis-coupe/ :colbert:

Is anyone else excited for the 2015 Genesis sedan? I want to see some actual pictures, not just renderings.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 13, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KillHour posted:

Is anyone else excited for the 2015 Genesis sedan? I want to see some actual pictures, not just renderings.
This is the cue for a debate over the definitions of "small" and "sports car" vs. GT :can:

Cream_Filling posted:

Oh, also just saw this:

New official rendering of 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

KillHour posted:

It dropped today.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2015-hyundai-genesis-spy-shots/#photo-1565220/

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Throatwarbler posted:

Luckily the Holden Commodore platform is physically incapable of incorporating AWD (there has never been one) because you know, it's Australian. So heck of a job there GM.

There were AWD Commodores on the previous platform but they weren't very good sellers due to extreme thirst and the comparatively unwieldy wagon body (much longer than an SUV like the Territory)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

God, that's a hot car. Why couldn't they make the Equus look like that?

Edit: Do the wheels seem a little smaller than in the renderings?

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

fknlo posted:

I have a 2013 Golf TDI. So, the same interior quality as the sportwagen. Rattles galore.

Oh, good. I thought it was just me. My 2011 Golf TDI rattles like crazy too.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you're talking about the G8, the entire brand was abolished and the fate of the parent company was shaky (not to mention even more macro economic factors.) That's going to make any car 100x as radioactive as it probably should be. I mean, you can't look at Saab going down and blame that on the leftover cars being that bahahaha ok I can't even pull that off

I mean in general, a lot of dealerships had excess inventory forced upon them by the big three during the economic meltdown. Pontiac dealers definitely had it bad though, you could buy a brand new 2008 Solstice in like 2011 and were, at one point, saddled with a nearly two years supply of G3s.

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

blk posted:

I live in an area of the US with a lot of temporary and well-heeled reaidents from mainland China - they account for 100% of 5 GT owners I see on the road. I'm curious what its numbers in China are if its sold there, which I assume it is.

It's sold there, but I only ever saw LWB 7 and 5 series in China. Still stumped.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pinching the Bentley winged logo there I see.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

The new Genesis looks like some kind of Saints Row or GTA knockoff car.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

AdmiralViscen posted:

The new Genesis looks like some kind of Saints Row or GTA knockoff car.

The genesis sedan has been like this for a while now. Some sort of half way luxury, decent looking but inspired by a lot of other things in the segment extremely clearly(I.e the previous generations grill being almost identical to a Benzs)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

jediguy posted:

It's sold there, but I only ever saw LWB 7 and 5 series in China. Still stumped.

A lot of rich people in china don't even know how to drive. LWB models are popular because most people who buy BMWs have drivers.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

KillHour posted:

Have you been in or driven a Genesis Coupe? The thing is a pony car. Pony cars are awesome and there's nothing wrong with that, but it weighs pretty much exactly the same as a Mustang and drives similarly too. And then if we're including things of that weight and size as a "small RWD sportscar" then you can talk about the Mustang GT and Boss 302.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

KillHour posted:

That's a G35 clone with size and weight to match. Not the same size range as an old 240, current Miata or the BRZ/FRS clones.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jeez, you guys are picky.

Better?

Edit:

I'm not sure if this is a comedy option or not: http://www.aspidcars.com/eng/

KillHour fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 13, 2013

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Lincoln MKC. Surprisingly good looking inside and out, and the first application I think of the 2.3l turbo engine?

http://www.lincoln.com/crossovers/mkc/reveal/?hptid=bb-2169i-mkc

The best implementation of the Lincoln design language yet, and the Interior is clean and intuitive, almost like a Volvo.

EDIT: Better pics

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 13, 2013

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Strange how it's a Ford vehicle. If you'd shown me a debadged version, I could have sworn that would be an Opel, both inside and out but mostly that interior. That steering wheel looks like the Insignia/9-5s but juuuust a little different.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
The grille looks less uglified compared to some of the other Lincoln models. Actually looks like a luxury car, and looks like they're trying to give the Lincoln badge a set of wings.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
That's an interesting way to shift gears.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's like one of those push button GAZs or an early Torqueflite.

Only a matter of time before we have touchscreen UIs emulating physical buttons emulating a column shifter.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I'd still get the ford escape version, which even fully loaded will be thousands less than MKC.
Same deal with the MKS and Fusion.

I can't wait to see that 2.3T in the new Mustang SVO. I wish ford would make a RWD car smaller than the mustang, maybe a new XR4Ti/Sierra type thingy? I love ford interiors and their new ecoboost motors, and it would be nice to have a little sports car smaller than the Mustang.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Holy gently caress, actual buttons on the center stack? No capacitive touch dimples or sliders that only respond to inputs every other time.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I actually like the interior design on that, at least in pictures. Clean and straightforward and nothing terribly garish. Plus buttons. I like buttons.

The exterior is eh but I think all crossovers/SUVs are eh. It's not ugly, just not really exciting either.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Lincoln: Going the full Cylon.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

That's the first application I've seen in which Lincoln's now-standard grille treatment actually works.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

The Midniter posted:

That's the first application I've seen in which Lincoln's now-standard grille treatment actually works.

Probably sounds silly, but I think the horizontal lines work better than vertical. Everything that still uses the vertical grill lines look like buck-toothed idiots, but the horizontal lines look more BMW (in a good way).

e: which is ironic considering BMW uses vertical lines :v:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Why dont more companies use non-gloss textured wood? That actually looks fantastic, and I hate normal wood trim.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It looks nice and all, but I'm sorry. An SUV will never feel luxurious to me. Utility is in the name, and even Land Rovers make me feel like I'm working when I drive them.

Edit: The center console makes it look like the cockpit of a spaceship.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Throatwarbler posted:

The best implementation of the Lincoln design language yet, and the Interior is clean and intuitive, almost like a Volvo.

the center console evokes a pelvis