Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

John Magnum posted:

It turns out that you can climb onto a tank and stay standing there even as it drives around. This is excellent news.

Can you stand on the wings of planes? If not no sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

John Magnum posted:

It turns out that you can climb onto a tank and stay standing there even as it drives around. This is excellent news.

Even on hardcore? I feel like if I even look at a friendly vehicle the wrong way it will kill me

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I dunno about Hardcore, I just did it on Normal. Maybe it'll somehow run over you from beneath? Worth investigating.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The ticket thing is a joke. I hope the new weapon progress isn't reverted though, they're not visible anywhere but in game and if you get kills with them it's not recognized in battlelog even. The MTAR-21 is as good as it used to be and I didn't even know it was coming back until today so I'm really happy about that.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you fly slow enough just above the ac130 your landing gear will drop. Which makes me wonder things...

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Full Notes:

quote:

NOVEMBER 14 PC GAME UPDATE PATCH NOTES
In the November 14 PC game update, we fixed a number of issues that we have been seeing in the game. The main focus in this update is on crash fixes, and you can find a detailed list of the fixes below. We will continue our efforts to eliminate issues we find in the game, so stay tuned for more updates. Let us know how this update works for you.

CRASHES & FREEZES
-Fixed a crash that would occur randomly during gameplay.
-Fixed a crash that would occur when an object is destroyed.
-Every time that a player exited a vehicle, there was a small chance that the server would crash. This has been fixed.
-Fixed an occasional crash during SP gameplay.
-Fixed a crash that would occur during level loading.
-Sometimes the game would attempt to load a model at the same time as it was being thrown out of memory. This has been fixed.
-Sometimes the game would crash after removing old bullet holes/scratch marks in the world. This has been fixed.
-Sometimes when a player or enemy was sitting in the jeep gunner entry and got killed, his body would rest on the vehicle in such a way that the physics simulation would require lots of CPU usage. This has been solved.
-Fixed a crash occurring on Flood Zone when playing Conquest Large.
-Fixed a common crash relating to surface shaders.
-Fixed a crash on Test Range that could occur when using sniper rifles.
-Fixed a common crash that occurred during map transition.
-Fixed a crash that occurred when bringing up Battlescreen in-game on the Test Range.
-Fixed a memory allocation bug that could lead to crashing.
-Fixed a single player crash that could sometimes occur when being killed by AI enemies.
-Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck in infinite loading if you got disconnected while trying to access online content.
-Fixed an issue in single player in the South China Sea mission where the game would crash when idle for more than 60 minutes.
-Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck in infinite loading if you used Win+L to lock your PC during loading.

NETWORK PERFORMANCE
Eliminated a network sync bug
If you’ve been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

Improved Network Smoothing
We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

Removed network lag
In certain specific situations, network lag would be introduced when interacting with objects in the game. This has been experienced by some players during melee combat, when climbing ladders, and when operating stationary weapons. The cause for these specific network lag situations has been solved.

GAMEPLAY BALANCING
-Removed the scout helicopter at the final base for the defenders in Rush mode on Siege of Shanghai
-Adjusted a Conquest flag position on Zavod 311 that was obstructing vehicles.
-At Hainan Resort in Rush mode, defenders were given too much armor at the first base. We have removed the defender IFV at the first base, added an attacker IFV at the first base, and increased the spawn delay on the defender IFV at the third base.
-Fixed so that there is 1 revive per round Defuse, as opposed to 1 per set.
-Removed all previously placed C4 and mines after a round of Defuse to eliminate the possibility to affect the next round.

GRAPHICS
-Fixed a minor graphical error on Operation Locker.
-Fixed an issue where the in-game Battlelog would get distorted when a Commander launched an EMP attack.
-Fixed a floating container on Golmud Railway near flag C in Domination.
-Fixed an issue with the minimap in Rush mode.
-Fixed an issue in Obliteration mode where the red light flash and beep sound was not played when the bomb carrier was moving.
-Fixed an issue in Defuse where the bomb model sometimes did not display on the bomb carrier.
-Fixed minor graphical alignment issues in the Spectator Mode camera layout.
-Fixed an issue in Spectator Mode where the spectator's view incorrectly would get distorted during an EMP deployment from a Commander.

MISCELLANEOUS
-Fixed a bug that occasionally killed all sounds on the server if you fired the QBU-88 with an attached silencer.
-Fixed the issue where pressing B would bring up the console.
-Fixed an issue where the EMP effect lasted for too long on soldiers.
-Fixed an issue with an area you couldn't traverse near one of the M-COM stations in Rush mode on Siege of Shanghai.
-Fixed an issue relating to player skill levels. -Fixed an issue in Obliteration mode where the bomb would temporarily be placed in the sky after the bomb carrier was killed when swimming or in a water-based vehicle.
-Fixed an occasional jitter in the kill camera.
-Fixed so that Russian special characters are displayed properly in the chat window.
-Fixed so that the System Performance Test option is working as expected.
-Fixed a bug where a rank-up message would loop in-game
-Moved a machine gun position on Lancang Dam that was placed on top of a building that can collapse.
-Added sound when navigating the scoreboard in the End of Round screen.
-Fixed a broken ladder in Siege of Shanghai.
-Adjusted vehicle spawn locations on Dawnbreaker in Conquest mode to alleviate traffic jam.
-Fixed a flickering-issue on Siege of Shanghai when using NVidia drivers 331.52.
-Fixed a bug on Golmud Railway where a destroyed house at flag A would block gunfire.
-Fixed a Ticket count issue in Rush mode.
-Commanders can no longer erroneously try to get match-made into a game of Domination.
-If the user restarts checkpoint during the End Scene , he will receive an old objective along with the credits.
-Fixed a destruction issue on Flood Zone.
-Fixed a Rhib boat issue in one of the single player missions.
-Fixed an issue where players would respawn after getting killed and have no main weapon available.
-Fixed so you won't see the emblem of a user that you have blocked.
-Fixed an issue where you couldn't smash through the railings with a quad bike on the Dawnbreaker map.
-Added clickable buttons to the in-game Battlelog.
-Fixed a bug in single player where the player is killed if he climbs after Irish too fast up the ladder in one of the missions.
-Various other minor issues.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
The ticket thing isn't a problem except for Rush (64p rush with 100% tickets sucks) and TDM, which isn't designed around larger numbers of players at all. As I don't have a SSD, those modes are pretty much out of the question for me.

However, CQ, CQ Large and Domination are perfectly fine with 100% tickets. I won't be surprised if the change wasn't intentional, though.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Liberatore posted:

The ticket thing isn't a problem except for Rush (64p rush with 100% tickets sucks) and TDM, which isn't designed around larger numbers of players at all. As I don't have a SSD, those modes are pretty much out of the question for me.

However, CQ, CQ Large and Domination are perfectly fine with 100% tickets. I won't be surprised if the change wasn't intentional, though.

What's the standard number of tickets for CQ large? 800 per side or something like 400? All I've been playing on are servers with 800 each.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

DrPop posted:

What's the standard number of tickets for CQ large? 800 per side or something like 400? All I've been playing on are servers with 800 each.

I'm sure I've played CQ games with 1000+ tickets.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

WastedJoker posted:

I'm sure I've played CQ games with 1000+ tickets.

After the client patch? Supposedly they've restricted Ranked servers to 200% tickets with the patch. Not sure how many tickets 100% is (default).

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Liberatore posted:

The ticket thing isn't a problem except for Rush (64p rush with 100% tickets sucks)

They could change the mode pretty easily to accommodate 64p; since the issue with that many players tends to be suffocating defense, just make it so that you only have to destroy one of each set of MCOMs to move to the next stage. Split the focus of the defenders a little more.

Ideally, of course, you'd just have maps designed for bigger Rush games, but this way could mitigate the problem a little.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I feel kinda bad for the devs. I mean look at that changelog, they must be busting their asses. It's unfortunate that people are still having problems though. Software is complex, I can only imagine the complexities involved with a game like this and a large team working on it. Hopefully they iron out the rest of the kinks soon, because this game is fun as gently caress when it works right.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
This ticket thing is absolutely freaking retarded. Three minutes to load for a five minute game.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Awesome. Went from being able to play the game with only the occasional crash to near constant crashing.

Same. Might be coincidence but each time I've crashed it has been immediately after the suppression bug (the one where your vision blurs even while you're not being shot at which was introduced with the client patch).

Tommy 2.0 posted:

This ticket thing is absolutely freaking retarded. Three minutes to load for a five minute game.

Fortunately you crash every 5 minutes so it balances out!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

fletcher posted:

I feel kinda bad for the devs. I mean look at that changelog, they must be busting their asses. It's unfortunate that people are still having problems though. Software is complex, I can only imagine the complexities involved with a game like this and a large team working on it. Hopefully they iron out the rest of the kinks soon, because this game is fun as gently caress when it works right.

And BF4 was an EA-published game released close to a Call of Duty. I can imagine that being in the dev team was a pretty frustrating experience at times.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

DrPop posted:

I think it's 800, just because that's what PURE is running at for CQ Large, and they're sticklers for defaults.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

DrPop posted:

I was going to check to make sure, but the BL scoreboard thing isn't working. Either way, I believe it's 800 tickets for CQ large and 400 for CQ small.

Most CQ large servers seem to be running at 100% after the patch so odds are if you're playing on 800 ticket servers, that's the default.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Party Plane Jones posted:

24 seconds. It's right in the description.

Is this your only source? Because the reason I ask is that the description text for a lot of Battlefield guns/gizmos is completely worthless.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds reasonable (as does the ~30 ballpark figure), but I want to be sure.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
hi somebody please tell me in 50 words or less what is going on with the new patch and what I need to tell mustard plant and ragzilla to do

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Does anyone use battlescreen on a tablet while playing? I'm thinking about getting a win8 tablet and wondering how good it will be for this.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Is this worth getting yet or is it still a hot mess of bugs?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

TenementFunster posted:

hi somebody please tell me in 50 words or less what is going on with the new patch and what I need to tell mustard plant and ragzilla to do

Shanghai still crashes but not when the skyscrapper falls. Servers crash during map transition. Rubber-banding on large servers seems to have stopped, but that might be server provider-related.

Add maps other than Shanghai back into rotation, I guess?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Risky posted:

Is this worth getting yet or is it still a hot mess of bugs?
Hot mess but it's reaaaaally good when it works.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

mad.radhu posted:

Probably a thrown grenade, I think underbarrel launchers are a different category.

I used impact grenades.

Also, it's worth pointing out that Demize - the guy who is mostly responsible for weapon balance - is on vacation for a while, so you can forget about the L85 being tuned down to be something other than a bullpup BF3 M16. I don't know what they were thinking, but that thing is just so, so good.

Smegmatron fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 14, 2013

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Zeike posted:

Does anyone use battlescreen on a tablet while playing? I'm thinking about getting a win8 tablet and wondering how good it will be for this.

I use it on my iPad and it works a charm. Really surprised by how well it works, actually.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Crap, I don't know what they did but my game is not accepting any input...... The game loads, the level loads it just does not accept any keys or mouse presses.

How the gently caress...... Unplugging mouse and keyboard does not work..... It was working fine before, except for the shanghai crashes that is.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Less Fat Luke posted:

Which makes it all the more frustrating really.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Liberatore posted:

Servers crash during map transition.

Oh I thought this was just me and my lovely PC.

edit:

quote:

Fixed a bug that occasionally killed all sounds on the server if you fired the QBU-88 with an attached silencer.

Was that the only source of the intermittent losing all sound on server bug? No one else experiencing the sound drop out anymore?

hambeet fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 14, 2013

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

hambeet posted:

Oh I thought this was just me and my lovely PC.

Nah. So far I've only found one server that doesn't crash during map transition. Big or small, any game mode, it doesn't matter. At least stats are saved, and the large (60-64p) servers I've played on have stopped crashing mid-match so no more losing your stats just as a 30 minute game is about to end.

Battlelog currently has an announcement mentioning the crashes and that they're working on it. They also admitted they hosed up. So hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

hambeet posted:

Was that the only source of the intermittent losing all sound on server bug? No one else experiencing the sound drop out anymore?

As far as I know, that was the only source of the server-wide all sound goes out bug. But some people are still having sound issues in Lancang Dam and Golmud Railway. I've played both maps a few times and haven't encountered any problems since the patch, though.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 14, 2013

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

What's with this weird TV color shift effect every couple of seconds?

The game already was the "Can't-see-poo poo-simulator 2013", now there are some additional effects?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 14, 2013

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone ever played diffuse?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Liberatore posted:

Nah. So far I've only found one server that doesn't crash during map transition. Big or small, any game mode, it doesn't matter. At least stats are saved, and the large (60-64p) servers I've played on have stopped crashing mid-match so no more losing your stats just as a 30 minute game is about to end.

Battlelog currently has an announcement mentioning the crashes and that they're working on it. They also admitted they hosed up. So hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

Hmm cheers.

Funnily enough some rounds I thought I'd lost stats on in opening week caught up on my battelog the other day. The 'round played' time was wrong but it was definitely the maps I thought I'd lost the stats all together. I was playing absolutely poo poo though so it wasn't really a big loss at the time.

Acquire Currency! posted:

Not I. I should really branch out into other modes besides just CQ and Domination.

edit: Thanks Liberatore, haven't had the chance to play the last couple of nights and it sounds like I've missed out on some fun.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 14, 2013

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Less Fat Luke posted:

Let's don't go comparing it to SimCity or anything.

Oh wait. You said "when it works". Sorry!

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
After a reboot still no input.... Time to update my video drivers.

Anyone else have this issue? It's just too retarded for words.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:

TenementFunster posted:

They didn't test R10 at all as they had to rush that poo poo out. They know it's hosed up and is rolling out a new config file (not a server patch) soon.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Is anyone else having screen tearing issues? I can run this on mixed High/Ultra settings with good framerate, but with lots of screen tearing. I tried v-sync, and putting in a frame cap in the console and with Nvidia Insepctor, but nothing works.

EDIT: Ugh, I'm actually looking at youtube videos for the fix. I hate that way nerds speak when they can't hear their own voices because of headphones..

"Upin up thisis foller called baffield four."

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 14, 2013

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

mcbexx posted:

What's with this weird TV color shift effect every couple of seconds?

The game already was the "Can't-see-poo poo-simulator 2013", now there are some additional effects?

That's the "blur bug" that came with the new patch. There is a fix, but ymmv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc0mqgtjWII

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Acquire Currency! posted:

I haven't but as far as I can tell it's a (designed for 5v5) CS-inspired mode. Otherwise known as Search & Destroy in Call of Duty.

Basically, one team defends, one attacks. Each person gets only one life per round. If attacking team plants the bomb and it goes off, they win. If defending team defuses the bomb, they win. If either team is wiped out, they lose.

Whoever wins the most rounds wins the match.

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

After a reboot still no input.... Time to update my video drivers.

Anyone else have this issue? It's just too retarded for words.

Have you tried deleting the settings folder in your BF4 folder? I haven't seen this problem mentioned anywhere else at all.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Liberatore posted:

As far as I know, that was the only source of the server-wide all sound goes out bug. But some people are still having sound issues in Lancang Dam and Golmud Railway. I've played both maps a few times and haven't encountered any problems since the patch, though.

I still got sound drops on Golmud when I played earlier. Pretty annoying but not as bad as the crashes so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smooth Willis
Jul 12, 2013
Today I learned that if you're in some type of air vehicle when the round ends you have a good chance of getting killed when it just kind of falls out of the sky.

I'm also unable to unlock the suppressor for the ace 23 although I have 164 of the 160 kills I need to get it. :dice:

• Locked thread