Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fog Tripper posted:

Nothing, absolutely nothing about the show is "good".

"Play with her rear end"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Also let's not forget Stabbed in the Babby, the most joyful television moment of the year.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Joramun posted:

Go away.

And to think I used to dislike you and your saccharine Gleevatars -- we have come so far.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

Also let's not forget Stabbed in the Babby, the most joyful television moment of the year.

There was a fan edit of this where after Cat was killed the credit music slammed into REO Speedwagon's "Roll With the Changes" and I almost peed myself so yeah I guess the show at least provided lots of unintentional entertainment via the internet.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Torquemadras posted:

I love how they have to keep stretching the intro music when they have to show off all their pretty miniatures.

Now I'm imagining that epic music playing while each actor's name is displayed over their unpainted pewter Not A Blog representative

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mr. Unlucky posted:

heh feh snort adjusts glasses

It's not a neckbeard, it's a way of life!

Haha look at this guy.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Not enough slackjaw for the Jon scenes guys, Come On! </gob>

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mr. Unlucky posted:

heh feh snort adjusts glasses

It's not a neckbeard, it's a way of life!
Nice fedora.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yeah, it was done on a budget, I don't really get the issue. Even Lord of the Rings had limitations.

Do it right or don't do it at all. :colbert:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"Play with her rear end"

Well, OK. I'll give you that one.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Fog Tripper posted:

Do it right or don't do it at all. :colbert:

Much like your posting.

OH SNAP :nyd:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The latest South Park episode, "Black Friday," spoofed Game Of Thrones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j0At7--Aq8

Butters' reaction to watching the show is hilarious.

EDIT: Butters is a future WILDCARDS.

Sally fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 15, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty bang on with the game console poo poo too.

The show sucks because they're getting Stannis so horribly wrong.
The show would upgrade to pretty bad if Stannis was being done right.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 687 days!)

I don't recall there being any gay penises whatsoever on the hit television show Game Of Thrones, erect or otherwise.

Hodor and Theon, right? Hodor is unaffiliated (so far) and Theon was a sister fondling cocksman in his day.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blog Free or Die posted:

Haha, I remember that blurb; how do you gently caress one of those up so badly.

If Hobb took over the books half the chapters would be from a dragon's perspective and in the rest everyone would mope around blaming themselves for the lovely lives they lead.

fingers crossed her books rule

Sure, let her take it over, then both the female and male characters will be horribly written!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

IRQ posted:

Sure, let her take it over, then both the female and male characters will be horribly written!
She ghostwrote ADWD, then?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah Butters was the best in that episode. That was the best south park episode in like, two seasons, so I'm glad they are going to do more.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Aurain posted:

It's pretty bang on with the game console poo poo too.

The show sucks because they're getting Stannis so horribly wrong.
The show would upgrade to pretty bad if Stannis was being done right.

Stannis loving sucks in the books anyway

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

bigmcgaffney posted:

You will be receiving a visit from the shadow babby shortly.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Shadow babby ranks up there as one of the weirdest loving things.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Why didn't Stannis wait and kill Renly after he won the battle? What a tool. I thought he was at least somewhat self-aware in that he knows he's a stoic jerk who couldn't rally anyone to fight for him if his crown depended on it. Why not rely on his charismatic brother to get the troops behind him, and then kill him on the throne making it unambiguous who the king is? I don't hate him but he's a big dumb dummy.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Renly had no claim. It would have been wrong to let him sit the throne, and wrong to help him get there, and wrong to not oppose him.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well, the idea is that he would act like he was supporting Renly but secretly be conspiring to kill him. Stannis doesn't do that kind of deception, either, though. Plus, Stannis actually has a very favorable history as a battle commander holding Storm's End and smashing the Iron Fleet.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Plus, by the time Renly was on the throne he'd have an heir.

Probably by Loras spitting in Margaery because it's GRRMiest.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

fleshweasel posted:

Well, the idea is that he would act like he was supporting Renly but secretly be conspiring to kill him. Stannis doesn't do that kind of deception, either, though. Plus, Stannis actually has a very favorable history as a battle commander holding Storm's End and smashing the Iron Fleet.

Yeah I didn't say he was bad at leading troops once he got them, I was more talking about step 1 get troops than step 2 use them effectively.

It wouldn't take any deception. He publicly declares he is the rightful king and his brother must stand down. He says whatever blah principled thing he wants to, does everything he does in the books regarding Renly. He just delays his shadow baby attack just a tad so that the tyrells help win the battle first. If he cares about never having him sit on the seat in a literal sense he can just stay close to the battle and do it as they storm the throne room or some poo poo.

I guess I don't know how much time passed between his marriage to Margaery, him getting killed, and the date of the hypothetical battle of the blackwater: renly edition, I don't think there'd be an heir though. Stannis can just kill pregnant Margaery too, not like he has compassion for others anyway.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 15, 2013

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

No way Stannis would kill an unborn baby, that was also his nephew. He killed Renly because Renly was a usurper and it was his job as the rightful King to do that, a baby is just a baby. At least no way early Stannis would do that.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Jeffrey posted:

Yeah I didn't say he was bad at leading troops once he got them, I was more talking about step 1 get troops than step 2 use them effectively.

It wouldn't take any deception. He publicly declares he is the rightful king and his brother must stand down. He says whatever blah principled thing he wants to, does everything he does in the books regarding Renly. He just delays his shadow baby attack just a tad so that the tyrells help win the battle first. If he cares about never having him sit on the seat in a literal sense he can just stay close to the battle and do it as they storm the throne room or some poo poo.

I guess I don't know how much time passed between his marriage to Margaery, him getting killed, and the date of the hypothetical battle of the blackwater: renly edition, I don't think there'd be an heir though. Stannis can just kill pregnant Margaery too, not like he has compassion for others anyway.

Welp we've hit the big time guys, someone finally named their account after GoB

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

bigmcgaffney posted:

Welp we've hit the big time guys, someone finally named their account after GoB

I wish I had actually read it to make a joke quote here, welp. Just picture me as Joffrey from the TV show getting blown by Ned's head.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people
Can someone provide me with a link or the name of that horribly overwrought analysis of the Theon chapters?

I want to ruin someone's life.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/HuisClos.html

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bigmcgaffney posted:

How does it feel to be the most wrong person ever?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Aurain posted:

How does it feel to be the most wrong person ever?

Pretty drat good, better than when I liked those terrible books. Wastes of paper, ink, and semen they are.

This thread keeps pulling me back though, the Bad Thread huis clos if you will

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Plus, by the time Renly was on the throne he'd have an heir.

Probably by Loras spitting in Margaery because it's GRRMiest.

The Knight of Fluffers

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
at least the show didn't have Vargo Hoat and the painful to read lisping dialogue

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

You're thho mean!

Related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BiODEobbug

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Mike N Eich posted:

at least the show didn't have Vargo Hoat and the painful to read lisping dialogue

What could pothibly have gone wrong? I thuthpect it would have tranthlated wonderfully to the thmall thkween.

I tawt I taw a putty tat.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The challenge with a live-action Vargo Hoat would be to keep him from coming across as effeminant and gay, because that's what a heavy lisp means on tv. So you gotta get Hulk Hogan or The Body to play him. So overwhelmingly masculine, no one would dare call him a mincing fairy.

It'll turn you into a godthdammed thekthual tyrannothauruth, jutht like me... brother.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Or you get the fat bald gross comic relief pirate from the PotC movies.

Krypsis
Nov 8, 2013
That whole episode felt like a loving 25 minute advertisement, broken up by more advertisements.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Instead, an advertisement for sweet, sweet KY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I'm pretty torn because nostalgia tells me the first couple books were good, but the show is way better than I think the books would be now. They are pretty cinematic, and I don't think they have much literary quality.

I think my relationship with these books is similar to how old fools really like Catcher in the Rye even though it was written by a weird pedophile.

Jaime Lannister is an incestuous Holden Caulfield, thread title that poo poo