Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
if you could play as classic snake all the time, that would be a pretty exciting thing. Hopefully the mgs1 stuff will last beyond this mission.

Cold Milk Bottle fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The boxy Classic Snake still has 40,000 polys on him.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Is there a recording of whatever trailer thing showed?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Avocados posted:

Is there a recording of whatever trailer thing showed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gMT62CsWHQ

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Didn't notice the genome soldiers in deja vu mode last time. Cool.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
When I read "Classic Snake", I was thinking more of Snake in his old costume, redone in modern graphics.. Not polygonal Snake.

Not complaining, but I do think it will ruin "immersion" for some people.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I'd love it if when you beat Deja Vu you could replay it with full-quality models of the MGS1 characters.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Man that was a big disappointment. Thanks for linking the video though guys. :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Skoll posted:

When I read "Classic Snake", I was thinking more of Snake in his old costume, redone in modern graphics.. Not polygonal Snake.

Not complaining, but I do think it will ruin "immersion" for some people.
MGS4 had both!

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Wait, do you think this was the goofy thing Kojima was talking about sneaking into MGSV a few months ago?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Looks like next-gen version isn't digital only like initially reported

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Oh dang, do we know a price tag on that? I. Might have to purchase it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I wish I didn't see that. I seriously hope it's not like 600 bucks because this will be the most irresponsible purchase to date.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why did they move away from Shinkawa artwork covers. The CGI models look like rear end.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Aurain posted:

Why did they move away from Shinkawa artwork covers. The CGI models look like rear end.
Could be a regional thing. The EU at least has always had Shinkawa covers, I know the US covers for MGS4 had a CG Snake on them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The US do get horrible covers for mostly every game ever, but we didn't get beautiful Shinkawa art work for Peace Walker either. I just want a pretty game case to look at every now and again.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Japan's been a lot more resistant to digital releases than the rest of the world, I wouldn't be surprised if that stayed in Japan only. Different company, but those download only HD ports of Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica were disk only in Japan.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Comic posted:

Oh dang, do we know a price tag on that? I. Might have to purchase it.

8480yen for ps3/360/ps4

But it does look like it might be Japan only, they put up a new site for MGS5 after that announcement tonight and the English site still says next gen Ground Zeroes doesn't have a retail release.

Also a bit hard not to notice almost every page on the site that lists a release date or platform has "Xbox One release date is undecided" fine print on it :shobon:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh god a CE for what amounts of an extended demo?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Seemlar posted:

8480yen for ps3/360/ps4

Ouch, I may have to find out exactly how nice the things in it if I'm going to continue considering it.

I will admit though, I thought it was a MGSV PS4 bundle, not a CE, and that's why I wanted it. Oops.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lyer posted:

Oh god a CE for what amounts of an extended demo?

In all fairness we don't know how much content there really is yet. I can't see it being anywhere near as small as, say, DR2's prologue. We'll just have to wait and see.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

In all fairness we don't know how much content there really is yet. I can't see it being anywhere near as small as, say, DR2's prologue. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think I heard somewhere that it'll be about 5 hours but that may just have been someone talking out of their rear end.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I imagine there won't be the largest amount of story content, but have a good amount of side content to keep people content until the next part comes out, especially if it's supposed to ease people into whatever Phantom Pain is supposed to be doing that's dramatically different.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

According to the new MGSV website that just launched, the Deja Vu content will feature "original camera angles" too. So it's basically MGS1 re-done on the FOX engine up to (at least) Snake meeting the Darpa Chief.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Seemlar posted:

Looks like next-gen version isn't digital only like initially reported

Thank gently caress.

Not everyone has the bandwidth to download loving bluray games, jesus.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Stare-Out posted:

According to the new MGSV website that just launched, the Deja Vu content will feature "original camera angles" too. So it's basically MGS1 re-done on the FOX engine up to (at least) Snake meeting the Darpa Chief.

Oh god yes, this is exactly what I've always wanted. :toot:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Thank gently caress.

Not everyone has the bandwidth to download loving bluray games, jesus.

Sorry, but it seems like the Premium Package is Japan-only and the West still doesn't get a disc for next-gen GZ.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The TGS gameplay has been reposted in English with full English narration. Also, I never saw it in this quality before, but that may have just been me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0fQeiYGxrw&t=760s

edit: poo poo, accidental double post. This thread needs to move faster! :v:

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Your link has a time code making it start at the very end. :v:

edit: watching now, and goddamn I'm excited for this game/these games.

edit 2: There's a certain fluidity to the action that has never really been present in MGS that I think will make it seem a lot less weird to new players.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 15, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

the West still doesn't get a disc for next-gen GZ.

Please be joking.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best way to go about convincing them otherwise is definitely to get in touch over social media to show them that it's really wanted over here too. Twitter might be terrible, but companies love it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

At least you'll be able to have it download in the background while you play other games. And maybe even play it while it's still downloading if the game supports that. :shobon: Not as snappy as having a disc maybe but a step up from the PS3 at least.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, I'll have to annoy Konami about that, then, because with a 25gb/month data cap, ain't no way I'm downloading a thing.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Here's a trailer for the Deja Vu Mission.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaWgZA5uaSE

Based on the brief flash of a mission objective, the goal is to find scenes that recreate images shown on given screenshots from MGS1. And an old friend makes another appearance!

Oh Kojima, you so wacky.

EDIT: According to Kojima's twitter, the side mission's set in the Ground Zeroes base, but reconfigured to be "Shadow Moses-ish".

The Kins fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 15, 2013

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
I'm pro-Keifer Snakerland but it makes me sad hearing him voice Hayter's MGS1 lines :(

Going to just see this as a wacky little bonus and continue to revisit the original MGS1 and MGS4's 4th chapter for my real nostalgia fixes.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

BreakAtmo posted:

Sorry, but it seems like the Premium Package is Japan-only and the West still doesn't get a disc for next-gen GZ.

I don't understand how they could think this is a good idea. It takes me 8 hours to download a DVD sized file on average, and this is our 'high quality' internet from a leading provider.

Fitz
Sep 10, 2002
King of Cheese
Is the MGS: Legacy Collection worth getting?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Probably their market research shows that the only people who play games in NA have massive bandwidth and data caps or something. Digital is a big thing now, but going digital-only is a ferociously inept move, even if they are just going to throw GZ in with Phantom Pain as a matter of course for a Christmas 2014 S-word release.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Fitz posted:

Is the MGS: Legacy Collection worth getting?
As I understand it's the best way to get all the games, yeah. MGS1 is a digital version but it's fine nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have mixed feelings about Ground Zeroes being a separate release from The Phantom Pain.

On the one hand, it kind of bugs me that I'm probably going to end up paying $90 for what is ostensibly one game ($30 for GZ, and I'm assuming $60 for TPP). On the other hand, it is only $30, and since I was planning on getting a PS4 just so I could play The Phantom Pain in its next-gen form, this might save me from buying a PS4 earlier than I should. Playing GZ on my PS3 instead of a PS4 is something I can probably swallow.

(Also any whining I do is utterly pointless, because I will buy both games, because that's the strength of Kojima's strangle-hold on my attention.)

• Locked thread