Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
You mean survival? Sounds like you just don't have the mods for it yet. You need to be powerful enough to treat the enemies as a resource. Usually, how fast you can mow down enemies (and thus collect the life support modules they drop) is as much of a limiting factor on how long you can hold out as the damage they're doing to you. Life support pods alone won't take you very far in, and if you can't even reach those, you should just worry about getting buff and come back later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Schubalts posted:

Did DE give any hints on which boss will drop the Berserker's blueprints?
Probably Alad V / Zanuka since they're coming out at around the same time.

I'm more curious about how void rewards are going to get shuffled around for Ember Prime.

Yaos posted:

I'm doing the first sabotage mission and I can't figure out what we're supposed to do. If we stay where we are they overrun us, and if we move forward there are tons of them in the way. I've yet to see anybody even reach a life support pod.
As Cathair said, this sounds more like Survival, which is a KILL DUDES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE mission type. DE kind of pulled them off the mandatory path for a reason, so you may want to leave them for later. Tell us your loadout and we can point you in a direction to build your stuff around.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It got skipped in deference to my other question, so I'll ask again: has DE said anything about fixing Antimatter Drop performance on clients, or should I just ignore it for the foreseeable future?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Fish Noise posted:

I'm more curious about how void rewards are going to get shuffled around for Ember Prime.

As Cathair said, this sounds more like Survival, which is a KILL DUDES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE mission type. DE kind of pulled them off the mandatory path for a reason, so you may want to leave them for later. Tell us your loadout and we can point you in a direction to build your stuff around.

Yeah, meant survival. :) I did not realize it's not a mandatory mission, I just finished the first boss and I didn't see any other missions past it unlocked but survival, I'll have to look again. Right now I have pretty much nothing so that explains why it's so hard to do.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Yaos posted:

Yeah, meant survival. :) I did not realize it's not a mandatory mission, I just finished the first boss and I didn't see any other missions past it unlocked but survival, I'll have to look again. Right now I have pretty much nothing so that explains why it's so hard to do.

If you've beaten a boss, you should be able to move on to the next planet.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

hooah posted:

If you've beaten a boss, you should be able to move on to the next planet.
Yep, I can move on to Venus. It looked locked to me but on the planet map I found Venus was unlocked. I went back to Mercury and after about 10 clicks I figured out I could just click on "Venus" to move me over. I'm dumb.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

hooah posted:

It got skipped in deference to my other question, so I'll ask again: has DE said anything about fixing Antimatter Drop performance on clients, or should I just ignore it for the foreseeable future?

To my knowledge, it hasn't even been mentioned as an issue. They either don't know it's an issue, have tabled it for later, or - if you ask me, most likely - they know about it but fixing it would require a serious overhaul of their netcode.

They need to do that for a number of other reasons anyway, but it's probably a big project that could impact a ton of things beyond that one power, so they probably just told themselves they will get to it when they are all sitting on a mountain of cash from bored PS4 sociopaths and can afford to outsource all their coding to Korea or something.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

hooah posted:

They don't usually say anything about issues like that until they actually (try to) fix them, iirc.

Antimatter Drop doesn't see much use anyway, because while it can shine with teamwork and/or twin vipers involved, it's harder to deploy properly than Molecular Prime for not as much return.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Coldbird posted:

To my knowledge, it hasn't even been mentioned as an issue. They either don't know it's an issue, have tabled it for later, or - if you ask me, most likely - they know about it but fixing it would require a serious overhaul of their netcode.

They need to do that for a number of other reasons anyway, but it's probably a big project that could impact a ton of things beyond that one power,

Ok, that makes sense.

quote:

bored PS4 sociopaths
Haha, what?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Yaos posted:

Yep, I can move on to Venus. It looked locked to me but on the planet map I found Venus was unlocked. I went back to Mercury and after about 10 clicks I figured out I could just click on "Venus" to move me over. I'm dumb.
You can click and drag the map too. It's not you, it's the UI. Last time it came up a lot of people where shocked.

None of us have gotten around to making a UI video have we? There's just so much poo poo to cover! :negative:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

I haven't heard anything recently, but it's also been behaving much better for me lately unless the host is just unplayably laggy (in which case Antimatter Drop not working correctly is probably the least of your concerns).

Thanks to the damage typing on it it's not fantastically useful past the lower level areas, though, so I mostly ignore it anyway.

Fish Noise posted:

None of us have gotten around to making a UI video have we? There's just so much poo poo to cover! :negative:
I think tonight I'm going to try see if there are any useful video guides for the basic stuff floating around on youtube and throw them in the OP somewhere if so. Only to have it all go immediately out of date once Update 11 hits. :shepicide:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Other than getting stuck on that survival mission I don't actually have to do the game is pretty enjoyable. When you get a good team it is really fun to blast your way through everything.

Spekhogger
Nov 13, 2013
Tried downloading this on the PS4 the other day, but it doesn't seem to work. Once it's fully installed when I try to run it it says I don't have the proper authentication or something such, and I tried reinstalling it but the same thing happened. Wait for a patch, I suppose?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
On the other end of the scale, actually managing to get through a half-hour survival mission (mostly the three who came along with me, it has to be said, thanks for carrying me ;)) is fantastically cathartic.

Question: Just got the Vectis and Obex out of the foundry. Are they worth potatoing or are they just more mastery trash?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Serpentis posted:

On the other end of the scale, actually managing to get through a half-hour survival mission (mostly the three who came along with me, it has to be said, thanks for carrying me ;)) is fantastically cathartic.

Question: Just got the Vectis and Obex out of the foundry. Are they worth potatoing or are they just more mastery trash?

Maybe the Vectis but I wouldn't bother wasting a potato on a melee weapon. I do really like the Obex though.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Yaos posted:

I'm doing the first sabotage mission and I can't figure out what we're supposed to do. If we stay where we are they overrun us, and if we move forward there are tons of them in the way. I've yet to see anybody even reach a life support pod.

I made it through once and then at the end of the mission it errored out and said the results couldn't be saved :smith:.

Unless my group was doing something wrong, the second boss was incredibly tough. I got that you shoot it in the legs to get it to be vulnerable, but every time we did that it would take like 5% damage at the very most.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Fish Noise posted:

Hopefully that planet won't be too far out of the way. I farmed up the requirements today (unless they change her recipe from the norm, like Saryn) in preparation.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

katkillad2 posted:

I made it through once and then at the end of the mission it errored out and said the results couldn't be saved :smith:.

Unless my group was doing something wrong, the second boss was incredibly tough. I got that you shoot it in the legs to get it to be vulnerable, but every time we did that it would take like 5% damage at the very most.

Once you get super buff mods for your guns, you can just burn through the shield on the boss and take it down without shooting the legs. But that comes much later on, and the way it was intended was to take down its legs to hit the body.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

katkillad2 posted:

A bunch of bosses are designed to take a really long time to kill. The ones that aren't are the ones that haven't gotten a redesign yet. It kinda sucks.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
So played a few (11) hours of Warframe so far, first impressions:

LOVE the art, I really like how unique the warframes and overall setting are to just about every other game I can think of, and I really like that a lot of the warframes have some source of real-life inspiration beyond "this looks cool and weird". Environments are a lot more varied than the last time I gave the game a quick try, though the Grineer ship is obnoxiously dark for me (could just be a problem on my end, though). It's definitely one of the prettiest F2P games I've played (excluding games that werent originally F2P, and garbage Hero Engine setpiece simulators)

Actual gameplay is pretty fun, took a little while to get used to each melee attack making you step forward, but things started going WAY more smoothly once I started getting used to spamming the charge attack. However, there's a lot of enemies that are REALLY obnoxious to deal with, specifically: The Grineer scorpion and her hookshot, the Infested Runner, and the Corpus flying shield-robot. Captain Vor's teleporting was also really frustrating, but besides that he wasn't that big of a pain.

Game plays well enough with a controller, though some of the weird movement manuevers can be a pain to use. I really don't like having sprint be on L3, but I couldn't really find an adequate place to move it to.

Stealth seems completely worthless, what with enemies having a really long cone of view, lots of maps being dark as hell, enemies being incredibly sensitive to sound, and level mechanics encouraging killing as many dudes as possible.

I haven't actually played with other people yet, so far I've just been soloing every mission, and so far I've finished Mercury and the bottom branch of Venus, probably going to start playing with other dudes now if the void keys are as incredibly long as the one you get for finishing the second Venus Defense mission (160 enemies :stare:, I got to 90 enemies left before I ran out of energy, ammo, and health). Besides those, nothing's been particularly frustrating except for my first few attempts at the Mercury Survival mission.

Would appreciate a clan/guild/whatever invite, in as Neurolimal, I picked Loki because I didn't realize stealth blew so much and I really like sneaking in games, but I'm still digging Invisibility as an "oh god my shield has run out, better poof away" skill. If anyone has any advice to give, here's what my Mods currently look like:

Loki (Lv.16):
Invisibility (6 slot)
Fast Deflection (6 slot)
Vitality (3 slot)
Flow (5 slot)
MK1 Braton (Lv.9):
Speed Trigger (5 slot)
Ammo Drum (4 slot)
Lato (Lv.8):
Quick Draw (3 slot)
No Return (4 slot)
Skana (Lv.10):
Pressure Points (6 slot)
Reach (4 slot)
Carrier (Lv.6)
Vacuum (2 slot)
Regen (2 slot)
Striker (4 slot)
Redirection (4 slot)

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 18, 2013

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Good lord the 3 power duration mods on trinity are absurd. Doubt I'll ever have the money to max narrow minded but having blessing's invulnerability last half a drat minute is a nice pipe dream.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

lil baby anime posted:

Good lord the 3 power duration mods on trinity are absurd. Doubt I'll ever have the money to max narrow minded but having blessing's invulnerability last half a drat minute is a nice pipe dream.

Group with Denzine when he runs his Trinity. Being functionally invulnerable 99% of the time is hilarious. The max +duration on Trinity's blessing is 28s I think, with a cooldown of 30s, so yeah. It's especially great on a survival map.

I feel like once cross-platform play is enabled, all us old-timers with things that murder everything in the blink of an eye will make the new guys feel bad, but hopefully trading with alleviate some of the pain for new players.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why have I never tried putting a vortex on a wall above a crowded doorway before?

It's magical.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Hi, I'm interested in this but have two questions:

I tried it like six months ago but I had issues trying to get into multiplayer, the game told me to open my ports or whatever it was but it never worked for me, did they change how that stuff works?

Also, how important is playing four players? I have one or two friends that I'd like to coop with but should you really go 4 players?

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
It's easier to get into online groups now, although you may experience crippling lag. You can adjust the ping maximum in the options to help with that.

Playing with any number of people is more fun and less frustrating than playing solo. In mobile defense at least, having more people also increases enemy spawn rates at terminals, which is good for leveling.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I picked Loki because I didn't realize stealth blew so much

Loki owns, regardless of the fact that you can't stealth missions because this isn't a stealth game.

Invisibility is awesome for reviving people in the middle of a big fight. Combine it with Decoy to make sure the enemy stays away (although if you're pressed for slots Invis is probably enough). Radial Disarm is absolutely great (reduces all those big scary special enemies to just running around like idiots for the duration). Even Switch Teleport is okay, though sadly you can't switch on team mates any more.

You can slot Invisibility and Radial Disarm only and then just make a Galatine and charge-attack for 800 damage.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This game confuses the hell out of me. But despite that, I'm rather enjoying it!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Even Switch Teleport is okay, though sadly you can't switch on team mates any more.
Yes you can, you just can't troll them out of the extraction zone any more.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Yes you can, you just can't troll them out of the extraction zone any more.

Oh, awesome. In that case, even Switch Teleport is decent, which means Loki has no bad powers. They're all utility powers, but they're all good.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I thought Radial Disarm was awful until I hit a big grineer survival mission and landed it on 20+ enemies, including 3 heavy gunners.

Then I had a bunch of idiots with sticks chasing me. :v:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah, it's very situational, but can be super useful. Try using it against crowds of low-level infested some time. :unsmigghh:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Even Switch Teleport is okay, though sadly you can't switch on team mates any more.

This is a good change, even though I loved trolling with Switch Teleport.

Are there still big lag issues with the game? I remember the netcode seemed awful in the beta. Also, is the heat sword still good (and is Afuris still bad?)

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah there's still netcode issues, but it's pretty playable now. Heat Sword is poo poo, Dual Heat Swords are better, but melee in general is bad. Afuris are still bad. You want armor-ignore guns, but there's a complete damage system overhaul potentially in the very next update and that'll shake everything up.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Hopefully crossplay will be coming soonish. Once I hit Mars and beyond on the ps4, the players sharply dropped off even during prime time.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Radial disarm also doesn't have a duration, they get disarmed and they are disarmed forever.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Denzine posted:

Yeah there's still netcode issues, but it's pretty playable now.

Yup just tried it again and they really polished up the UI and coop isn't a ridiculous lag match either. Ended up getting an extra Warframe with plat from founder's pack since they come with their own slots and Orokin reactors now.

Pretty impressed, though I'm not sure how much I'll end up playing it.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
There's no way to "mark" things in the PS4 version yet, right? I can't call people's attention to drops or try and coax newbies into defending the right objective in mobile defense?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If the PS4 still has a Select button, it's probably that.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Select is now "Share", start has become "Options" and that just brings up the menu. I tried clicking and pressing everything else and I've had no success. I'm gonna brave the official forums and ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Ps4 also seems to be unable to sell items if they are in a stack of more than one. The interface lets you adjust the amount all you want but no button will actually sell the stack.

Is there a PS4 clan yet? Because doing anything past Earth finds you 0 people for matchmaking.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 18, 2013