Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

toanoradian posted:

When did this happen? I'm not up with my VGCW history. Is there chat along with it?
The wiki says this took place back in the ancient days of yore and has Twitch links to the whole night, but without chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Defiance Industries posted:

It's also not as OBVIOUSLY buggy as WWE '13 was. There seems to be much less teleportation.

Sad, some of the best moments came from the game being a buggy piece of poo poo.

I remember in the amazing Red vs. Scorpion match, Scorpion slammed into Red like 3 times in a row with a move that magically forced Red onto the other side of the ring.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
"The ancient days" with chat can be found here. Unfortunately, the guy who uploaded them didn't include dates for each video, so you'll need to use the wiki to navigate the playlist.

edit: Gabe/Nappa with chat can be found here The match starts at 26:30.

TheEggsBenedict fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 17, 2013

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

BAW GAWD KING, IT'S A NEW THREAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nr9Wzn5fI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhdl8UMcpQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2dIzPw119c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ffpJR9F9GU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Hobo Siege posted:

If you count VGCW out because it sounds stupid you're missing the greatest show on Earth. The tension. The drama. VGCW is electric!

Maybe. Counting it out because of memes and in-jokes and constant caps lock, on the other hand, can be seen as perfectly acceptable.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

This just got posted on the forums. :swoon:

NiceAaron
Oct 19, 2003

Devote your hearts to the cause~

I was bored and made an Aigis for 2k14. Then I saw that someone had already created and uploaded an Aigis. Then I said "gently caress it" and uploaded it anyway.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Perfection.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
What game are they in?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I no joke played a lot of Hock-a-Loogie back in the day.

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 17, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
They need to fill in for the Grumps and there's been a couple of Beavis and Butthead games too.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Jensen just really doesn't like being Gabe's corporate stooge.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Accordion Man posted:

Jensen just really doesn't like being Gabe's corporate stooge.

Nonsense, he was fighting to keep VGCW safe from The Ghost.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Barret already beat Barkley last season :colbert:!
As much as I'd like to believe in Barrett, I can only have my heart broken so many times.

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010

toanoradian posted:

What game are they in?

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsK1TSo_boI

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

HellCopter posted:

Nonsense, he was fighting to keep VGCW safe from The Ghost.

Yeah, if anyone is okay with going corporate, it's Adam Jensen.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah, if anyone is okay with going corporate, it's Adam Jensen.

I dunno. Going corporate is one thing, but going Gaben is another.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Am I the only one who wants Gordon Freeman in just so he can feud with Jensen? Who does Gaben love more? :allears:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Am I the only one who wants Gordon Freeman in just so he can feud with Jensen? Who does Gaben love more? :allears:

Feud? How does a mute feud with anybody?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Who does Gaben love more? :allears:

Dog. :colbert:

Or maybe that crazy preacher!

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

HellCopter posted:

Well, Red managed pretty well. For three matches.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

HellCopter posted:

Red managed to do it!

e:fb

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

"The ancient days" with chat can be found here. Unfortunately, the guy who uploaded them didn't include dates for each video, so you'll need to use the wiki to navigate the playlist.

edit: Gabe/Nappa with chat can be found here The match starts at 26:30.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5fXnIyFam2-VIUfkSSF2bA

Here's another channel with chat from the Pre-Clem era.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Those look like Titans. They are loving grotesque. In other words, perfect CAWs for VGCW. :getin:

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
So here's a small monstrosity I made. This is objectively awful and I regret nothing. Move over Airman! There's somebody else the VGCW will never defeat!

(I'm so, so, so very sorry. In my defense I...uh..okay I got nothing. I'm still sorry though.)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Was it not possible to make his hands visible too? Because if he had his hands then he would absolutely perfect.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Hopeford posted:

So here's a small monstrosity I made. This is objectively awful and I regret nothing. Move over Airman! There's somebody else the VGCW will never defeat!

(I'm so, so, so very sorry. In my defense I...uh..okay I got nothing. I'm still sorry though.)

How did you do that, because that is amazing. Did the WWE14 CAW editor re-add invisible bodyparts?

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
That's beautiful.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

The Bee posted:

How did you do that, because that is amazing. Did the WWE14 CAW editor re-add invisible bodyparts?

If you add-remove lipstick about 11-12 times, the entire body save for the head disappears. [I'm not joking, this is really what happens.]

Accordion Man posted:

Was it not possible to make his hands visible too? Because if he had his hands then he would absolutely perfect.

Yup! His hands are visible in-match(you can see them in the last screenshot) they just disappear during his entrance for...some...reason.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

The Bee posted:

If invisible body parts are in then can someone please make Rayman? Make all of his moveset striking moves. If there is more roster space, with the tag division looking at being expanded then I can think of no better character who deserves representation and recognition in VGCW than him.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Only he has the brains to be GM of VGCW.

Seriously that's hilarious.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hopeford posted:

This is incredible. We haven't even gotten a Starfox character yet, he'd be perfect!

I guess the worry is that the bug might get fixed, but man.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Is it possible to make the head any bigger?

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Pigbuster posted:

This is incredible. We haven't even gotten a Starfox character yet, he'd be perfect!

I guess the worry is that the bug might get fixed, but man.

The glitch has been there since wwe 13(12 maybe?) so I wouldn't worry about them fixing it.

Another Person posted:

If invisible body parts are in then can someone please make Rayman? Make all of his moveset striking moves. If there is more roster space, with the tag division looking at being expanded then I can think of no better character who deserves representation and recognition in VGCW than him.

They are not exactly "in," but the glitch is consistent enough to use it like it is. I can give it a shot at a Rayman later, but I can't guarantee I can make it look good. Glitches are my thing, not caw making itself, I suck at that haha.

HellCopter posted:

Is it possible to make the head any bigger?

Unfortunately, n--.Hmm. Possibly. I'll give it a shot to see what other glitches I can force this monstrosity to take.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Jeez, between this and the tag entrances, I think you've ascended to the title of Glitch-King of Yukesquality.

How do you even find half of this stuff?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Hopeford posted:

They are not exactly "in," but the glitch is consistent enough to use it like it is. I can give it a shot at a Rayman later, but I can't guarantee I can make it look good. Glitches are my thing, not caw making itself, I suck at that haha.

Thanks! It might make it easier to make him short, not Tingle short, but not particularly tall. That way, the dimensions of his weird body might be more achievable.

E: Also, if there is an entrance which involves crawling at any point, that is an absolute necessity - throwback to the old feet and hands walking along the floor of the first game you got from holding the right buttons down on booting.

God, Rayman is such a good series.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 18, 2013

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Another Person posted:

Thanks! It might make it easier to make him short, not Tingle short, but not particularly tall. That way, the dimensions of his weird body might be more achievable.

Oh don't worry, the caw editor is insane enough to get the weird dimensions right. My only worry is whether I can get the caw editor to work despite glitching it to hell and back. Kind of doubt the end result is going to look good enough for Bazza's standards unless every glitch star in the galaxy aligns just right, but it's worth a shot!

The Bee posted:

Jeez, between this and the tag entrances, I think you've ascended to the title of Glitch-King of Yukesquality.

How do you even find half of this stuff?

Can't take credit for this one. It's an old glitch in wwe '13 and today I went "...I'm rather curious to see if they bothered to fix--nope. They didn't. I'm not very surprised."

E: Now this I can take credit for. I've just managed to further glitch the game so that he has hands during his entrance too.

Tomorrow I'm gonna add a custom logo to his hands to represent those glowy thingies he had in 64.

Hopeford fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 18, 2013

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I'm desperate to see Andross, Beavis and Butthead in the show like I'm desperate for butts. Imagine the feud Andross could have with Ganondorf!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It will never cease to amaze me how easily breakable these games are if you explore them just a bit. Godspeed, Hopeford, and may your work bring us even closer to a SHODAN CAW. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
WWE'14, where every bug is a feature. :allears:

• Locked thread