Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
There's also the victory message from Arid Fear which they still haven't put on the lore page where Vor pretty much confirms this in a roundabout way (via the lens of "how the gently caress are these guys so advanced, I know, space demons!" whilst actually alluding to what Fish just said). Unfortunately it only showed up right at the end of Arid Fear as part of the UI and hasn't reappeared since, so I can't source it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Morshu posted:

Have they outright said that warframes are mutated people, and not just weird suits of armor made from the virus? I recall the devs not really outright stating anything, and while I never played Dark Sector, I think Hayden's excal suit could be taken off, and only his arm mutated.

I always got the impression that Warframes are just sapient suits of armour, pretty much - intelligent Tenno weapons, but not people.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Is there a way to tell stat comparisons or whatever? Like there's this Cronus Blade I can build now, but I have NO idea if its worth 12 hours and 15,000 credits plus valuable parts.

How do I know if it's better than my default Skana sword?

You should be able to view the stat values of all the weapons in the market.

Back on plat talk for a moment for those thinking about spending real money on plat, wait until you get the plat discount as a daily login reward. Once you get up to the 3 star tier, you can get a 75% coupon for plat purchases. It's not that common but the 50% discount is fairly regular. You really shouldn't buy plat without one of those two.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Feenix posted:

Is there a way to tell stat comparisons or whatever? Like there's this Cronus Blade I can build now, but I have NO idea if its worth 12 hours and 15,000 credits plus valuable parts.

How do I know if it's better than my default Skana sword?

Quick Primer for melee weapons: is it a single longsword or dagger? It's poo poo and you should never build it. Best melee by far right now is the Galatine, but a heavy weapon (Gram/Scindo/Fragor/Orthos) or Dual Heat Swords/Dual Ether Swords are also good.

Piell fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 19, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dual Zorens are also great if only for their utility aspect as a means to helicopter around the map at ridiculous speed.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

Dual Zorens are also great if only for their utility aspect as a means to helicopter around the map at ridiculous speed.

They're especially fun when you get that occasional, inexplicable super-boost and suddenly you're at least twice as far as you'd thought you'd be, or pin-balling off of some obstacle.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The Kestrel remains hilarious and useful. That level 150 Napalm Heavy can't do poo poo when he's on the ground after a boomerang to the face.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Recent discovery: Don't sell parts for things you're currently building in the foundry. I was making a Mag Prime and sold my extra components since I figured the game would actually subtract the ones you used to build from your inventory, and now she's completely disappeared from my foundry.

Why would the game let you do this.

It's even weirder than you think. I did the same thing, but when I got a new BP, the item showed up as finished in the Foundry. I think it actually uses your components, but the BP sticks around because you need it to claim your ticket. If you can, try getting a new BP before anything else, and then check if it's still building/done in the Foundry.

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.

AndroidHub posted:

I do wish DE had through their business model through a bit more and given you the ability to add some polarities, or something for some of the exorbitant prices they want for most of the things in the store.

Adding/changing polarities is what Formas do. They're available in the marketplace for pretty cheap (20 plat?), and bps can be obtained from tower rewards or occasional alerts.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Hey guys, I'm still super new at the game but I'm running the PS4 dojo right now, so I'm looking for some advice.

I've got a reactor and a shadow(??) barracks building right now, and I'm wondering what I should focus on building next. Should I go straight to setting up some labs for research? Or is something else worth prioritizing?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Crowbear posted:

Hey guys, I'm still super new at the game but I'm running the PS4 dojo right now, so I'm looking for some advice.

I've got a reactor and a shadow(??) barracks building right now, and I'm wondering what I should focus on building next. Should I go straight to setting up some labs for research? Or is something else worth prioritizing?

Labs and clan membership (and the trading post when that's implemented) are the only things with tangible and useful effects. Everything else is just for fun.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Labs would be best; just about everything else is cosmetic.

e:f;b

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Cool, thanks guys. Does any one of the labs produce more useful stuff than the others?

Also I read that there's a clan vault but the info seems vague. Is there a way to access and manage that?

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Crowbear posted:

Cool, thanks guys. Does any one of the labs produce more useful stuff than the others?

Probably the chemical lab. Both weapons you get from it, the Ignis and Ogris, are currently really good weapons to use.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The clan vault is just where materials go when you remove bits of your dojo, or decorations, or whatever.

Don't upgrade the size of your clan until you get most of the research done, invite poopsockers first. The research and building requirements scale up with your clan membership cap, not how many people are currently in your clan.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Crowbear posted:

Also I read that there's a clan vault but the info seems vague. Is there a way to access and manage that?

If you deconstruct a finished room, the resources that went into building it are refunded to the clan vault. You can't take them out of the vault, but when you start building a new room, the resources in the vault will be burned through first before using the resources in your inventory.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Oh, bummer. I figured the vault would be something people could dump spare resources into so they could be used in future builds. Oh well.

Denzine posted:

Don't upgrade the size of your clan until you get most of the research done, invite poopsockers first. The research and building requirements scale up with your clan membership cap, not how many people are currently in your clan.

There's not that many of us playing on the PS4 so far so 30 slots should last us a while.

mechanicalFactory posted:

Probably the chemical lab. Both weapons you get from it, the Ignis and Ogris, are currently really good weapons to use.

Gotcha. I just looked it up and I should have all the materials to build it and research most of the stuff in there already so that works out :)

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Ugh well if any other goons have gone PC -> PS4, it looks like account migration won't be happening for a while:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130116-information-and-faq-pc-to-ps4%E2%84%A2-account-migration/

And! Account migration will overwrite your progress on the PS4 version. You will only keep plat and clan status.

I want my Exalibur Prime, but drat... I would like to keep all my new mods too. Some other threads on the Warframe forums have implied that my stockpile of PC Platinum will not transfer over, either.

I don't know if I want to bother migrating at all, then. But I also don't think I'll be going back to the PC version either, what a waste.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Crowbear posted:

Sort of. The clan vault as it is currently implemented is just an automatic system (there's no room in the dojo to be built for it) where if you destroy a room in your dojo or cancel construction because you want to move it or whatever, the resources that went toward it are refunded in full to your clan vault (including any plat used to rush construction). Those resources can be put toward any construction/research by a member of the clan with the "Treasurer" permission (by default I think this is just the Warlord and maybe Generals, but you can change that if you want).

When you go to build/research something and have Treasurer access, when the material contribution screen pops up, on the right where you select how much you want to contribute, there will be two values displayed for each material:

P: <number1> V: <number2>

Where <number1> is what you have personally available, and <number2> is what's in the clan vault. Vault resources will be used before personal resources.

There is no way to withdraw resources from the vault for personal use.

superh posted:

And! Account migration will overwrite your progress on the PS4 version. You will only keep plat and clan status.
None of this is at all surprising, honestly.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Helter Skelter posted:

None of this is at all surprising, honestly.

Very true. I just stopped paying attention to news on it back when they said "Yeah we want to share accounts and have cross-play!" and it's a bummer catching up now.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Noblesse Oblige posted:

Adding/changing polarities is what Formas do. They're available in the marketplace for pretty cheap (20 plat?), and bps can be obtained from tower rewards or occasional alerts.

You're missing the point of what I was saying, I'm aware of what formas do I've used around 40 of them, I'm saying that the prices on (most) weapons/frames in the store make them almost worthless to people who have played for any length of time, who would much rather build them. However, if you got say 3-4 extra, instant polarities on the 200 plat gun you just bought then some people might actually consider it since that is something that you can only get by grinding up affinity and using formas to reset, which can take weeks. If you're paying premium prices you should be getting a premium product is what I'm saying, which right now in most cases you are just getting swindled, paying what comes out at default plat prices to $15 generally for a single gun.

Of course something like this would probably never happen, because there's plenty of people who have spent plat on weapons and frames and would go apeshit if they didn't get a refund or something.

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 19, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The problem with that is a double whammy of still not being worth the price they're asking and practically inviting accusations of pay to win from mouthbreathing pubbies. Plus what you already mentioned about people who already spent plat on weapons wanting compensation.

Now, if people with more money than time/sense want to waste their cash on overpriced weapons (and there is certainly a portion of the player base willing to do so), that's fine. I personally think they should be cheaper by at least half, but I still wouldn't buy them nor would I recommend doing so to others even so, simply because it's so simple (if time-consuming) to acquire everything through gameplay.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They could always just make the cash shop items give an exclusive skin, no pay2win + they get some sort of value other people cant grind out in an hour or three.

Glad I looked at the OP before using my Bundlestars 170 plat. Managed to net two warframe slots, four weapon slots, classic saturated paint, and the Carrier sentinel (god he's so nice to have, at least early on. I don't need to worry about melee enemies sneaking up on me since he just stuns the grineer sawer/corpus taser when they do).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

It's even weirder than you think. I did the same thing, but when I got a new BP, the item showed up as finished in the Foundry. I think it actually uses your components, but the BP sticks around because you need it to claim your ticket. If you can, try getting a new BP before anything else, and then check if it's still building/done in the Foundry.

I wish I had tried to do this instead of bothering support. They were super fast and nice and gave me back the parts I sold though so it's all good.

quote:

Glad I looked at the OP before using my Bundlestars 170 plat. Managed to net two warframe slots, four weapon slots, classic saturated paint, and the Carrier sentinel (god he's so nice to have, at least early on. I don't need to worry about melee enemies sneaking up on me since he just stuns the grineer sawer/corpus taser when they do).

I put a catalyst on Patriot Potato's weapon and it's kind of disturbing how powerful it is. Anytime a couple enemies sneak up while I'm sniping or get too close to shoot with a rocket, he just shreds them. And the vacuum ability is always useful. It's a great sentinel.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I wish I had tried to do this instead of bothering support. They were super fast and nice and gave me back the parts I sold though so it's all good.

I had bought some plat awhile back with a 20% off coupon, but ended up making the payment with my company card on paypal. The payment was cancled, but the plat was still added to my account and I had spent it before I wised up to what happened. I messaged support, and they said if wrote a haiku for them I could keep my plat. Best customer support.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crowbear posted:

2 Questions to whomever, just asking 1 based off Crowbear's post:

1) So to go to/join the clan I need to complete the Clan Key, yes?

2) Fusion and Transmute stuff. (What the gently caress is it? IS there rhyme or reason? How do I make it do stuff I want it to?) I mashed buttons and made one thing but it's for a Chassis I don't have.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Feenix posted:

2 Questions to whomever, just asking 1 based off Crowbear's post:

1) So to go to/join the clan I need to complete the Clan Key, yes?

2) Fusion and Transmute stuff. (What the gently caress is it? IS there rhyme or reason? How do I make it do stuff I want it to?) I mashed buttons and made one thing but it's for a Chassis I don't have.

1) You need the key to get into the Dojo, which would let you contribute materials to building stuff and use whatever rooms we end up building in there. It's cheap and the only semi-rare thing you need to make it is a drop off the first boss so there's no reason not to, really.

2) Fusion lets you power up a mod by fusing other mods and fusion cores to it. Fusing a duplicate of a mod to it will fill the bar quicker.

Transmute lets you sacrifice 4 un-leveled mods to create a random new mod. Using duplicates in the transmute gives you a lower chance to get rare mods in return, and using higher rarity mods gives you a better chance.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
We need more ps4 warframe goons. I keep running into the same two or three pubs on the outer planets and they are absolutely awful. Like maybe 10% of the groups damage bad.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

:siren: Update on Damage 2.0 :siren:

This new damage system introduces a number of new terms. This post will take you through introducing and explaining these terms, then elaborating on what they mean for combat. Keep in mind that things are subject to change, that some terms may be placeholder.

Physical Damage:

Impact
Puncture
Slash

Every weapon in the game is made up of a combination of these three damage types. The overall damage of any given weapon is the sum of Impact, Puncture, and Slash damage. Weapons will exhibit a variety of combinations on the Impact, Puncture, and Slash damage spectrum. Mods will affect damage types as decided by the player by their loadout.

In short, Weapon Damage = (Impact + Puncture + Slash)

Real-life Firearm Metaphor: Impact=Slug; Puncture=Armor Piercing; Slash=Hollow-point. When assigning physical damage aspects to weapons we avoid making them 'pure' (100% in one direction). This ensures you can damage all enemies in the game.

Elemental Damage:

In addition to the 3 base damage types, Elemental Damage can be applied on top of a weapon’s base damage depending on what Elemental Mods are applied. For some rare weapons, elemental damage is all they have.

There are four primary Elemental Damage types:

Heat
Cold
Electric
Toxin

Elemental Damage can be applied alone but if you combine primary elements they create new combined elemental damage types! This opens up new possibilities, reduces 'rainbow build' problems and reduces some of the confusing effects like 'frozen guy is on fire'.

Combined Elemental Types:

To create these combined elements requires mixing two primary elements together:

Blast (Fire + Cold)

Gas (Fire + Toxin)

Radiation (Fire + Electricity)

Magnetic (Cold + Electricity)

Viral (Cold + Toxin)

Corrosive (Electricity + Toxin)

Elemental Damage is applied in addition to a weapon’s physical damage types.

Weapon Damage = (Impact + Puncture + Slash) + (Elemental).

Elemental Damage Hierarchy & Combining Elementals

Elemental damage combinations are made by following a strict order.

Fire, Cold, Electric, Toxin.

As an example: If you want Fire damage + Magnetic damage (Cold + Electricity), you will need to split it between weapons because when a Fire Mod enters the mod loadout any other elementals will combine with it as it is first in the hierarchy.

Status Effects ('Procs')

All damage types have a chance to inflict a status on the target – including you!

Impact: Knockback
Puncture: Weakened (reduced damage output)
Slash: Bleed (health reduced over time, healing blocked)

Fire: Ignited (fire damage over time)
Cold: Slowed
Electric: Chain Electricity Damage
Toxin: Poison Damage over time to health.

Blast: Stun
Gas: Poison in area
Radiation: Confusion (difficulties targeting)
Magnetic: Shield reduction
Viral: Sickened
Corrosive: Armor Damage

UI Representation

The UI will represent all these damage stats numerically. Attached are screenshots of what you can expect to see with Damage 2.0.

Exhibit 1: 3 images that show the Physical Damage types represented in the UI, and the added Heat damage after a Heated Charge is added.

Exhibit 2: 2 Images that show the impact of a No-Return mod on Puncture Damage

Exhibit 3: 2 images that show the impact of an Elemental Damage combination.

Enemy Levels

Enemy levels now fall in a more compressed scale. Level 1 enemies are still the easiest, but the difficulty of a Level 40 enemy in Damage 2.0 will be comparable to a Level 100 enemy in Damage 1.0. Infinite mission types will still feature ever increasing enemy levels. Enemies will be wielding weapons that can inflict different types of damage and Procs on the Tenno, meaning the difficulty will come from a combination of their loadouts and their level.

Know your enemy.

Enemies will react to damage types differently. Begin hunting your enemies to discover the best way to approach different faction and enemies. With your Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapon, you will be able to take on the fiercest foes with many different combinations.

Significance of Change
Damage 2.0 is a very significant change to Warframe. We are standing by to receive feedback and experiences on this new Damage system when it is released.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dapper Man posted:

Elemental Damage can be applied alone but if you combine primary elements they create new combined elemental damage types! This opens up new possibilities, reduces 'rainbow build' problems and reduces some of the confusing effects like 'frozen guy is on fire'.

Admittedly I've only started playing a day or two ago, but this sounds really cool, and a more interesting "nerf" than, say, making extra elements give diminishing amounts of damage or whatever.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 19, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wow I think I'll start finally using those preset buttons for mod setups after this.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
That new system sounds awesome.

Finally found a not terrible group on PS4 and was able to farm some command modules. Now I have a Rhino cooking and am only one or two blueprints off a few more frames. If only I had skill mods for any of the frames that I have the blueprints for.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Radioactive Ignis, here I come.

Edit: We also have a reason to slot things other than damage now too.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Sooo, fire plus cold is blast damage. Does that mean using the cold mod on my ignis causes it to shoot explosions?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

We need more ps4 warframe goons. I keep running into the same two or three pubs on the outer planets and they are absolutely awful. Like maybe 10% of the groups damage bad.

I just sent crowbear a PM requesting clan admission. This game is fun as hell, I loved mass effect's multiplayer and this is like a way more in depth version of that. I still probably suck as much as your average pubbie, though! Also I'm a huge loser who threw real money at this game just so I could unlock teleporting space ninja man right off the bat. Still, the microtransactions in this are already a billion times better than mass effects' "well this could be the sweet new character you want, or hey it could be the twentieth loving upgrade for a weapon you never use. Good luck!"

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
I don't know why they think that having a frozen sword on fire is a problem. :colbert:

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Another thing to keep in mind for console players as a reason to not buy a Warframe with platinum is once they allow account migration to PS4 I assume a few of us with lots of good stuff unlocked will be switching over, and we can help you easily farm any frame you want aside from Vauban and maybe Nekros. It takes about 4 days to craft them but farming the actual blueprints for a boss takes no time at all with a geared out person running you through whatever zone it is you need.

And personally as far as spending platinum goes, I have only bought slots and catalysts. You end up getting plenty of Orokin reactors through alerts but it's likely you will end up wanting at least a few catalysts once you settle on 3 weapons you like, and it's always fun to have a varied loadout.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lawlicaust posted:

If only I had skill mods for any of the frames that I have the blueprints for.

When you build a warframe you get all 4 of its skill mods automatically so you always have them.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
So I guess that means if you want to get the slow effect from cold damage, you can't have any other elements. I guess the same goes for fire, but you can get electric and toxin by themselves since they're lower priority.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Looking at that some more, that "5% status" thing could mean that rapidfire weapons will be a lot better at doing status effects so if they adjust those numbers for every weapon then underpowered things like the Grakata could actually have a use (provided they don't give the Soma the same number so it continues to be better at absolutely everything). On the other hand it could end up making sniper rifles even more useless if they will have status chances like 5%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Jesus gently caress, damage 2.0 sounds like most of the things that I've been wanting since I started playing this game. Especially electricity chaining to other targets, that would be loving awesome.

...aaaand an update to the UI, allowing it to cogently display details about all of the changes? Unheard-of in the annals of Warframe updates!!!