Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

DrBouvenstein posted:

Wait, what's that in his hands?

Certainly more tasteful than full color tombstones, or Spongebob ones, but still kind of tacky.

Oh, wait, goons love Pokemon...

I don't know anything about pokemon but as a father of a three year old boy that makes me really really sad (that the kid died, not the tombstone).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Johnny Walker posted:

I heard it was his favorite one, and in another picture that Pokemon is on his knee holding up the Game Boy.

I don't care about Pokemon and really know nothing about it, and I'm nowhere near what you would call a "gamer," but I think since this is a tombstone tribute to a child who tragically died at 5-years-old and showing him doing what he loved to do it's really very sweet and tastefully done.

Yeah, you can make out the pokemon holding the gba in the first pic, though if you hadn't said anything, I never would have noticed.

That pic is conflicting. Classy and geeky all at the same time. The wings not being attached to anything bug me the most though.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

I really like that the wings aren't attached. It's not so much that the little kid is an angel now but is accompanied by angels in a protective embrace.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
Ashes to ashes, Graveler to gravel.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Glasgow Kiss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cya8XI_U6gI

We must stop internet bullying says the brony lady with a speech impediment.

They are the good guys and the good guys always win. :colbert:

e: ugh it doesn't want to play. What a shame too, because this was extremely awkward. Fuckin' google.

Nothing says "anti-bullying good guy" like a deranged blood-sucking demonic pony!

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

front wing flexing posted:

I don't know anything about pokemon but as a father of a three year old boy that makes me really really sad (that the kid died, not the tombstone).

Man I can't wait to become a parent so I can finally start feeling sad about kids dying :shobon:

Content:

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

Glasgow Kiss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cya8XI_U6gI

We must stop internet bullying says the brony lady with a speech impediment.

They are the good guys and the good guys always win. :colbert:

e: ugh it doesn't want to play. What a shame too, because this was extremely awkward. Fuckin' google.

The stupid little poo poo that made this didn't give credit to the artist of the music and I know I've heard it before. Anyone know it? I could swear it's something from Kevin MacLeod but no titles are popping in my head right now.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

gco posted:

The stupid little poo poo that made this

STOP.

STONE OF MADNESS
Dec 28, 2012

PVTREFACTIO

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

I heard it was his favorite one, and in another picture that Pokemon is on his knee holding up the Game Boy.

I don't care about Pokemon and really know nothing about it, and I'm nowhere near what you would call a "gamer," but I think since this is a tombstone tribute to a child who tragically died at 5-years-old and showing him doing what he loved to do it's really very sweet and tastefully done.

This. The Spongebobs were for grown adults and were also loving obnoxious. This is subtle and well-done. It's like the difference between someone who goes to a sports game wearing a jersey and someone who paints their entire body team colors and screams like a loving rear end in a top hat the entire time. One is a tribute to something the person was passionate about and the other is just LOOK AT ME.

I feel violated.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

NoneMoreNegative posted:

He looks like one of those historical wax reconstructions from skulls :o:

<edit> Or a character in the next Spielberg CG Tintin movie.

Wait you mean that this isn't one of those pictures edited to look like Johnny five aces?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

You gonna get enlightened

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I just noticed:

True class

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Even gentlemen sweat.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is that a feather? What's the hole for?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Heath posted:

a sweathole for all the sweatgas to leak out of

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!

You call that a mustache?

Looks like a cappuccino stain.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Heath posted:

It's a sweathole, as found on sports caps. Because that's what that is: a fedora-shaped sports cap, cheap plastic covered in fake hide. I bet it even is a snapback

E: not a feather either, it's his hair poking back from the hole in the back:

hackbunny has a new favorite as of 14:12 on Nov 19, 2013

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

He looks like Richard Ayoade as a hard-boiled private eye.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lieutenant Dan posted:

He looks like Richard Ayoade as a hard-boiled private eye.

I would watch that so much. Richard Ayoade is a very talented man.
There's less resemblance in the other photo though, unfortunately.

Hammer And Pickle
Nov 14, 2012

Risky
May 18, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Certainly more tasteful than full color tombstones, or Spongebob ones, but still kind of tacky.

Oh, wait, goons love Pokemon...

Capturing the same pokemon...for eternity.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!

vxskud posted:

This picture was being used to advertise the jersey this guy is wearing on the company's Facebook page.

-Are you a god?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Risky posted:

Capturing the same pokemon...for eternity.

Apparently there's no one to trade with in heaven. :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Zokari posted:

Apparently there's no one to trade with in heaven. :(

No, they only play PSPs in heaven.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
You better believe this kid would want to be buried with a Pokemon statue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw
(Turn down your speakers a tad for insane kid screaming)

Everything about this video is awkward.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Skipopatomus posted:

It's a nice touch that they picked a rock type pokémon.

Should have used a ghost type.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Volume posted:

Ghost/ground (there is no ghost/rock :()

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Benne posted:

Did these guys borrow Grandpa's suit or just recycled the same awkward one they wore at prom?

Baggy suits were popular in 2003:

Bottom is the 2013 draft class, and those dudes look smooth as hell.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

zoux posted:

Baggy suits were popular in 2003:

Bottom is the 2013 draft class, and those dudes look smooth as hell.

Wow, those baggy suits are really terrible looking. Everyone looks so much better now.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

hallo spacedog posted:

Wow, those baggy suits are really terrible looking. Everyone looks so much better now.

Please don't be racist.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A Maid Cafe has opened up in NYC, where cute, young women (mostly Asian,) dress as delicate waifu maids, or whatever, to dote upon their glorious Western Masters.

Oh, but don't worry, they have a list lf "Ten Commandments" including things like "don't touch them," "don't ask for their phone number or email" and "don't stalk them," so I'm sure everything will be ok.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

DrBouvenstein posted:

A Maid Cafe has opened up in NYC, where cute, young women (mostly Asian,) dress as delicate waifu maids, or whatever, to dote upon their glorious Western Masters.

Oh, but don't worry, they have a list lf "Ten Commandments" including things like "don't touch them," "don't ask for their phone number or email" and "don't stalk them," so I'm sure everything will be ok.

There was a maid cafe at Otakon that had a similar set of rules.

At least it won't be as ill-advised as the (now closed) maid cafe in Detroit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2H-4OwbXKk

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

quote:

One burly fitness trainer explained between mouthfuls of crepe: "I've seen them in anime videos before. The girls are acting so cute. I'm, like, really into that. My girlfriend's also Japanese and really cute."
I'm sure your girlfriend would be, like, really into that too.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

Volume posted:

If his family went ahead and cremated him, the could have just used a picture of Ash on the urn.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Do I laugh or rebuke you? Because I don't know right now.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh man. On one hand, I would eat the hell out of all these desserts:

On the other, the smell of the clientele would most likely put me off food for weeks.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Bad Sneakers posted:

Oh man. On one hand, I would eat the hell out of all these desserts:

On the other, the smell of the clientele would most likely put me off food for weeks.

You can get pastries like that literally anywhere else in NYC.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah but can you eat them off of a submissive Japanese woman in a bikini? Checkmate Elaine's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Do they advertise like they do in Japan? Over there they get one of the girls to go out into the street and talk people into coming in.

• Locked thread