Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It has to be an improvement over the previous edition, which was mostly clueless spergs assbiting each other incorrectly over things that don't matter.

So yes, DnD lite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Went to go pick up food at the mall tonight. (Same one as my last complaint!)

Person just blasts through a stop sign going 10 over the limit. Nothing in the way of the sign - no trees or anything. Doesn't even tap their brakes, just goes on through.

My horn needed some exercise anyway.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
I feel bad for derailing this thread. So let me tell you about this challenger I saw go though my neighborhood. But first, a little context. My neighborhood is private condo community that doesn't allow thru traffic. In order to enforce this, they put huge rear end speed bumps to deter people trying to use the road as a shortcut. So last week this guy comes barreling into my neighborhood with what appears to be a pretty new challenger. He comes up to the first bump and SLAM, it sounds like he got into a car accident. He then proceeds to move forward and gets to the next one and literally takes two minutes to get over it. I was laughing the whole time.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Saw an old dude in a minivan turn left from the righthand lane, directly across the path of the Passat beside me. At least he used his turn signal :downs:

Also, pretty much all of the students of the college I work at are apparently incapable of using a sidewalk, and will instead stroll down the center of the road, even if one is literally 5 feet away. They might use it to stand on as you drive past, but usually will hop right back into the road. It's a small campus with a lot of blind corners, I've nearly hit some on more than one occasion because of this but they never loving learn.

Do not even get me started on how they drive, I might have a stroke.

Michael Scott posted:

Sorry for the derail (I don't have PMs), but the Spaceflight Megathread has been relocated to the Science, Academia, and Languages subforum of A/T, here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3580990

It's a great thread and a neat subforum. :)

Hey, sweet, I'd completely forgotten about that subforum. Thanks for showing me where the best GBS thread went. :)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
You should see bicyclists in Downtown Denver. gently caress, I never get that mad at anything else. Idiots obeying pedestrian laws when on the road all the drat time - the road is for vehicles, idiot, so obey traffic laws. Just because your vehicle doesn't have a motor doesn't mean you get to run the red light. And for fucks sake, take your headphones out and pay attention - you're blocking a half dozen cars from turning.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tha Chodesweller posted:

You should see bicyclists in Downtown Denver. gently caress, I never get that mad at anything else. Idiots obeying pedestrian laws when on the road all the drat time - the road is for vehicles, idiot, so obey traffic laws. Just because your vehicle doesn't have a motor doesn't mean you get to run the red light. And for fucks sake, take your headphones out and pay attention - you're blocking a half dozen cars from turning.

Drivers/riders with ear buds in are one of the most terrifying things on the road. They're Darwin awards waiting to happen.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Shrapnac posted:

Drivers/riders with ear buds in are one of the most terrifying things on the road. They're Darwin awards waiting to happen.

How is this any different than someone driving around with the radio turned way up or a deaf person driving?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Motronic posted:

How is this any different than someone driving around with the radio turned way up or a deaf person driving?
Earbuds go inside of your ear and usually muffle all other sounds, deaf people understand theyre deaf and drive with that awareness.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Motronic posted:

A driver may still be able to hear the horn or sirens over their radio, but headphones are designed to block exterior noise.

I'd expect a deaf person to be aware of their limitations and be more careful about watching their mirrors to compensate.

e:f;b

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Deaf people are acutely aware of the fact that they can not hear anything and compensate with their other senses. Having headphones/earbuds on reduces your awareness of sounds (i.e what direction sounds are coming from) more than your stereo does because they block out outside noise more effectively than your car does, especially if they're noise canceling headphones or some of those giant beats audio headsets that are in vogue.

e: fb twice

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Headphones are illegal while operating a vehicle in a lot of states, while being deaf is politically poisonous to legislate against. :chord:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Splizwarf posted:

Headphones are illegal while operating a vehicle in a lot of states, while being deaf is politically poisonous to legislate against. :chord:

That's pretty much what I was getting at.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?
Boris Johnson (mayor of London, v. keen cyclist) just said he wouldn't mind banning riding with headphones or earbuds, after I think eight people were killed on London's roads in about two weeks. London cyclists (well, some) have exploded at him.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

rcman50166 posted:

The humor isn't for everyone. Imagine everyone trying to troll everyone and that's the sort of posting that goes on.
So basically it's a load of unfunny cunts trying too hard?

Vindolanda posted:

Boris Johnson (mayor of London, v. keen cyclist) just said he wouldn't mind banning riding with headphones or earbuds, after I think eight people were killed on London's roads in about two weeks. London cyclists (well, some) have exploded at him.
If that's what he said, he's completely right. I don't know the circumstances of all the accidents that have happened recently, so I'm not going to comment on those in particular, but I've seen enough cyclists on roads to be 100% certain that of those killed annually, a fair number of them probably earned it fair and square, and an equal proportion of those still alive should probably thank a combination of blind luck and other road users' reaction speeds.

When I'm on my bike, I use the road the same way I do in a car. Got wheels, on a road, you're a vehicle, so loving act like it. The retarded chucklefucks who think they're some kind of immortal wheeled pedestrian whenever it suits them? I detest them. The only reason I care in the slightest if they get themselves pureed is because of the effect on others, in particular the driver involved (who will probably get the blame).

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Yeah I see tons of headphone cyclists doing stupid poo poo. The classic one is cruising on sidewalk, flipping through the playlist and then casually turn onto a crosswalk without even looking. Good thing I saw it coming last time, or she'd gotten a nasty surprise. No helmet neither. I really hate cyclists and I'm an avid cyclist myself. The biggest reason for that is that 9/10 cyclist I see during my rides ignore pretty much every traffic rule there is. Not the mention the ones that cycle on the sidewalk..
Though I also hate drivers who are too stupid to accept that there are cyclists on the roads and they have a right to be there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It baffles me how rarely I see cyclists act smart when I'm in a car.. you'd think if one were mingling with thousands of pounds of metal moving over 30 mph they'd develop a heightened sense of self preservation. But nope, adhering to the rules of the road lowers their average heart rate and therefore can be completely ignored. I bike to work a couple times a week during the summer, and it doesn't seem all that hard to responsibly share the road. There is no way in hell I am the only cyclist in existence who acts smart, so why don't I ever encounter them when I'm in a car?

Stop at stop signs, don't cut past cars waiting to turn, signal your own turns, and to fit in with this conversation, don't use headphones. That's the basics, right? I can go entire months without seeing a single biker successfully check off those boxes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It isn't just cyclists with headphones / cell phones, pedestrians will walk in front of trains / cars if they're not paying attention.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/17/cell-phone-walking-injuries-rise/2824515/

I know it happened at least a couple times while I was in Prague too.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Dear Motorists,

It's snowing now, and that means your vehicle is likely covered in the stuff. That means it is time to CLEAN YOUR loving VEHICLE OFF, INCLUDING THE ROOF. That means you too, chucklefucks in minivans, SUVs and lifted pick-ups.

That is all.:tipshat:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

MrChips posted:

Dear Motorists,

It's snowing now, and that means your vehicle is likely covered in the stuff. That means it is time to CLEAN YOUR loving VEHICLE OFF, INCLUDING THE ROOF. That means you too, chucklefucks in minivans, SUVs and lifted pick-ups.

That is all.:tipshat:

we already had this discussion

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

atomicthumbs posted:

we already had this discussion

It snows a lot here.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Terrible Robot posted:

Also, pretty much all of the students of the college I work at are apparently incapable of using a sidewalk, and will instead stroll down the center of the road, even if one is literally 5 feet away. They might use it to stand on as you drive past, but usually will hop right back into the road. It's a small campus with a lot of blind corners, I've nearly hit some on more than one occasion because of this but they never loving learn.
People around here are pretty bad about this too. Crosswalk a block away? gently caress walking that far, just cut across the road wherever. Even if there's traffic coming. Middle of the night? Eh, just walk on the side of the road with dark clothes on, I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

I don't mind jaywalking(I spent four years with my feet & public transit as my only transportation, I know how it is), but jesus christ, use some common sense about when and where to do it.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

The one that's getting me lately is the split drive through lines. Has that been covered in here yet? I can't tell if it's the fault of the restaurants for doing this or if it's people being assholes and not caring about common courtesy.

Basically there are clear lines painted on the parking lot, for a single line of cars, and as you approach the window, the lines split the traffic into two lanes for the two ordering screens. But for whatever reason, tons of loving stupid assholes that never learned in kindergarten that you don't take cuts, see this as an invitation to jump the line and merge in where the lane splits. I mean, even if there were no lines on the parking lot clearly delineating the drive through lane, where do you get the brass to see an entire line of people waiting to order, and then just drive past them all and start a second line in front of them?

I almost got out of my car and lost my poo poo at a dude on Sunday morning trying to get an Egg McMuffin. Just like this pic only imagine more cars lined up. This is the actual McD's in question, and it was a sunny day, the lines are big, bright, and easy to see.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 19, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

LloydDobler posted:

The one that's getting me lately is the split drive through lines. Has that been covered in here yet? I can't tell if it's the fault of the restaurants for doing this or if it's people being assholes and not caring about common courtesy.

I'd argue it's because queuing theory is never once mentioned in public education. People see a shorter line, and figure it will be faster, and make a run for it. They're not dumb, just ignorant. I guess the problem is that it's infuriating to those of us who aren't ignorant.

Solution? Don't eat at McDonald's. :v:

CharlesM posted:

It isn't just cyclists with headphones / cell phones, pedestrians will walk in front of trains / cars if they're not paying attention.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/17/cell-phone-walking-injuries-rise/2824515/

I know it happened at least a couple times while I was in Prague too.

Last year I saw a teenage girl literally stop in the middle of a road so she could concentrate on her texting. It was a quiet 25 mph neighborhood, I was the only car on the road so the only real risk in that case was whether or not I was paying attention. At any rate I saw her in the distance on the sidewalk, about to cross. If she had just walked it would have been no issue, she would have been on the other side of the street before I got close.

But nope, soon as she got to the middle of the street she just stopped and stood there, tapping away on her phone. I leaned on my horn as I went by and she never acknowledged my presence.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

xzzy posted:

I'd argue it's because queuing theory is never once mentioned in public education.

Everyone is a special snowflake that doesn't have to wait in line for their lunch now?

The truth is: People are rude and selfish. When someone decides they're going to be 'oh so smart' and try to not get caught in the slow-down lane because they need to get off, but think its smarter to ride the shoulder than wait their turn, I'll usually edge out just enough to keep that from happening. Wait your loving turn.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
similar to that McD's incident, loving entitled douchebags who think it's OK to cruise down the lane next to an exit and then wedge their shitbird asses into the queue leading into the exit ramp right at the last moment.

gently caress. YOU.

I hope you get run over by an uninsured motorist with a lovely body kit and further, that the zipties holding their body kit on poke you in the loving eye right before you die. Inconsiderate assholes.

People do that poo poo allllll the time at multiple merges and exit ramps on my commute. They don't like it much when I simply block them or start merging (I have the right of way, it says "right lane ends" you turd burglar, you are in the right lane and waited till you were in the emergency lane before trying to merge, you ignored several signs to get to this point!) as if they aren't even there. Fucker, I don't have a single straight body panel and I'm missing paint everywhere, I bounce this thing off rocks for fun, you are NOT going to win a game of chicken when I have right of way. I dare you to try. I double dog dare you, motherfucker.

I always hope they learned their lesson but nope, usually they rage out and act like I am the one in the wrong.

e: I probably come across as very angry in this post. Try sitting on the FDR for an hour and a half heading into Manhattan because 2 travel lanes worth of worthless douchebags are attempting to wedge themselves into exit 2 at the absolute last moment when you are trying to get to exit 1, half a mile further down. Now try doing that once or twice a week for most of a year... I swear if I had a button that would light every one of those inconsiderate fucks on fire, I'd be hitting it like a pinata.

kastein fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 19, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I simply refuse to let those people in. Its kinda fun actually.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

West SAAB Story posted:

Everyone is a special snowflake that doesn't have to wait in line for their lunch now?

The truth is: People are rude and selfish. When someone decides they're going to be 'oh so smart' and try to not get caught in the slow-down lane because they need to get off, but think its smarter to ride the shoulder than wait their turn, I'll usually edge out just enough to keep that from happening. Wait your loving turn.

Maybe to you, but I don't attribute to malice what can be explained as stupidity. If it was a single line with a single drive thru menu, there would be no problem as every single one of us is taught how a line works in preschool. To most people, two drive thru menus means there's room for two single file lines. The concept of a queue where you wait before the fork and take the first available branch? That's some high level poo poo and the average moron will never realize there's a distinction.

Stores where they force people into channels where they can't cut line have much better performing branching queues because people don't have to pay attention what's going on.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

Do not even get me started on how they drive, I might have a stroke.
My university has a huge parking lot between one set of dorms and various lecture halls. There's a giant sidewalk linking the two which is both the shortest path to and from the lecture halls and also protected from the traffic in the fairly busy lot. About half the students choose to walk through the parking lot anyway meandering in and out of the traffic lanes never once glancing about to see if they are about to get nailed by a car.

They aren't any smarter when they eventually make it into the classroom.

e: Going back for a degree has been depressing as hell. I'm going to end up with the same degree as these retards that should have failed out of CS101 but have been allowed to squeak by in every class. Oh well, I got an internship out of it which resulted in a very good job offer at a pretty good company. Most of these idiots are about to graduate and have either never held a job or worked as an RA or some other non-computer position. Good luck with your tier 1 help desk job since that's all you will be qualified for!

Galler fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 20, 2013

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My favorite is the people that wait until the very last second to move into the open lane when the other is closed for construction. Motherfucker they have signs telling you that that lane was going to disappear a mile and a half ago, just because we all moved over does not mean it is now your very own personal cruise lane.

I take obscene pleasure in not letting these fuckers in when they inevitably run out of road if they happen to be next to me when it ends. I won't speed up or slow down, I just maintain my speed and let them figure it out or gently caress themselves. Only had someone actually hit the (large, water-filled) cones once, some oblivious shitlord in a new Mercedes E class thought he'd use the very last 300 yards to pass a few more cars. I bet that was an expensive repair bill.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Terrible Robot posted:

My favorite is the people that wait until the very last second to move into the open lane when the other is closed for construction. Motherfucker they have signs telling you that that lane was going to disappear a mile and a half ago, just because we all moved over does not mean it is now your very own personal cruise lane.

I take obscene pleasure in not letting these fuckers in when they inevitably run out of road if they happen to be next to me when it ends. I won't speed up or slow down, I just maintain my speed and let them figure it out or gently caress themselves. Only had someone actually hit the (large, water-filled) cones once, some oblivious shitlord in a new Mercedes E class thought he'd use the very last 300 yards to pass a few more cars. I bet that was an expensive repair bill.

It's actually faster and safer if everyone uses both lanes and zippers in properly at the merge point.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

xzzy posted:

I'd argue it's because queuing theory is never once mentioned in public education. People see a shorter line, and figure it will be faster, and make a run for it. They're not dumb, just ignorant. I guess the problem is that it's infuriating to those of us who aren't ignorant.

I'd like to point out that the US is the only place in the world where voluntary, open queues like that even begin to work. Even in somewhere like Germany it'd be a smashed up mess.

Chinatown posted:

I simply refuse to let those people in. Its kinda fun actually.

I don't let them in either. Multiple errors on the part of other drivers have to occur for them to have had the room to get around and get in in the first place.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

xzzy posted:

Maybe to you, but I don't attribute to malice what can be explained as stupidity.

Occam's Razor would also illustrate that since they (and you) are at a McDonalds two-menus-one-queue setup, that everyone would be familiar with it. Given the number of times someone does this against the likelihood that they have been there before would you continue to assume err is still just ignorance, as they'd most likely also have had someone honk/shout/set them straight before?

Related: Folks and I stopped off at McD's for a $1 iced tea while waiting to do some charity work. They weren't sure if they wanted anything to eat, or not. I politely motioned for the man behind us to go ahead and order, because we were not ready. The shift manager laid into him for like 30 seconds of 'THEY WERE FIRST!', while we tried to get her to notice that we let him go ahead of us. He took it in stride, but I was a bit flummoxed - not only did she notice this, but she was openly chastising the guy in front of about 20 other people that weren't staff, rather than just saying "Hey, buddy, get in line."

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Dead Cow posted:

It's actually faster and safer if everyone uses both lanes and zippers in properly at the merge point.

You're correct, if everybody left proper following distance and worked together it would be safer and quicker for all involved. Unfortunately I've only seen this happen a handful of times, the rest of the time everybody jams together tight as a drum in the remaining lane. If someone is actively trying to get over and they are running out of room then of course I will let them in. My ire is directed at the special breed of rear end in a top hat that will see the empty lane as an opportunity to pass 30 cars, especially if they jump out of the correct lane with a short distance left to try and sneak a few more spots in.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Gets even better when the imbeciles at the local council decide that they need to stick a bus lane right up to about 30' from the junction, so that's all the distance for everyone to move from the outside lane (because the bus lane's on the inside) to move over to the inside (because, of course, the outside lane is turn only, not straight ahead). gently caress bus lanes, they screw the traffic flow up permanently for everyone driving simply to make it slightly more convenient for the two or three buses an hour that go down that road.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Team140 posted:

That makes you an rear end in a top hat. The person is trying to get past you because you are going slower than him. I miss my Cadillac STS for people just like you. It caught everyone by surprise when you went to pass someone. It had a brutal pull from 50-70

I miss mine too, for being a total piece of poo poo it had SHOCKING freeway passing power. Poor thing got taken out by a high schooler doing ~40-50 in a parking lot. Pro tip: Don't detour through a high school parking lot during their lunch hour.

Well yesterday I had a minivan try to change lanes into me right where the bike dude did the same thing. This time I had been in the lane for a while after my turn & up to speed and the van pulled out taking a right turn, and then swerved into the left lane AFTER turning into the right one with no signal. Then they pulled over at the next opportunity. Maybe it was a student driver or something. I'm scared shitless of some lovely eastside driver killing my lovely little e30. I've had 2 cars totaled by lovely drivers on the eastside now, and I actually like this one. Protip 2: Don't ever use progressive insurance ever.

Headphones chat: I used to bus i5 south from Seattle to Tacoma a lot and I would count two things: girls with giant fake flowers in their hair, and people with headphones/earbuds on, and I would usually get at least 5-10 of each per trip. It's usually old asian men and you catch most of them around south center/kent just past the rainier valley.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 20, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Terrible Robot posted:

You're correct, if everybody left proper following distance and worked together it would be safer and quicker for all involved. Unfortunately I've only seen this happen a handful of times, the rest of the time everybody jams together tight as a drum in the remaining lane. If someone is actively trying to get over and they are running out of room then of course I will let them in. My ire is directed at the special breed of rear end in a top hat that will see the empty lane as an opportunity to pass 30 cars, especially if they jump out of the correct lane with a short distance left to try and sneak a few more spots in.

Your ire should be with the people loving up the merge in the first place, especially the ones that merge and then slow down making sure there's no possible way for the two lanes of traffic to get through whatever at a proper rate. If someone has the ability and opportunity to pass those idiots they should take it.

On my motorcycle I routinely go all the way around, dip in right near the end and zip on through, not because it requires the speed and agility of a bike (it doesn't), but just because riding one lets you see the combined nincompoopery of the mergers - getting sideways, stopping, leaving bizarre gaps, speeding up and slowing down way too much etc etc - and the path past them much easier. That's definitely going to be one part of driving that will be vastly better served when computers talking to each other are driving cars for us.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Terrible Robot posted:

Yeah but it seems like this situation is the only time I see people get indignant about perceived cutting. When this behavior occurs at a "Exit Only" freeway lane? Those people trying to get ahead are jerks and should have gotten over sooner, preferably when the lines were still broken and not solid.

When it's a lane ending merge either by design or because of construction that's when everyone stays in, for this example, the left lane when everyone should have equally gone in the left and right lanes. Instead you get a mile long left lane and an empty right lane, then the right lane starts getting cars in it and backing up and everyone in the left starts acting like they are "correct" and not let people in and it causes both lanes to back up even further.

Most people have no idea how to merge correctly because of the perception that the people in the lane that ends are being 'rude' so they themselves don't go in the 'rude' lane and then they try to teach the 'rude' people a lesson by not letting them in.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Snowdens Secret posted:

Your ire should be with the people loving up the merge in the first place, especially the ones that merge and then slow down making sure there's no possible way for the two lanes of traffic to get through whatever at a proper rate. If someone has the ability and opportunity to pass those idiots they should take it.

On my motorcycle I routinely go all the way around, dip in right near the end and zip on through, not because it requires the speed and agility of a bike (it doesn't), but just because riding one lets you see the combined nincompoopery of the mergers - getting sideways, stopping, leaving bizarre gaps, speeding up and slowing down way too much etc etc - and the path past them much easier. That's definitely going to be one part of driving that will be vastly better served when computers talking to each other are driving cars for us.

All right, it seems I am in the wrong and will cease being so much of a dick to them.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

What seems to happen around here is that everyone does the zipper correctly except that they do it a mile too early. Traffic still flows along perfectly fine however even if it's slightly less efficient until someone charges up the empty lane and has to come to a complete stop in front of the cones until they can force their way in which completely fucks the flow of traffic. So the person jumping the queue is a shitlord for loving up the flow of traffic and everyone else is dumb for zippering at the wrong spot.

We need a big PSA about zipper merging or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFrailNinja
Jun 28, 2008
CAN'T SEE SCHOOL BUS, INSISTS HE'S AN EXCELLENT DRIVER

GET OFF THE ROAD SON

APPARENTLY SUCKS AT POSTING TOO
I feel like I don't see a lot of oblivious lane-changing stupidity like you guys post about, but the other night, just a block up from my apartment, some dude decided that he would just casually roll through a left turning lane and create his own zipper merge. Sure man, whatever you need. And I almost crashed into somebody's car today with somebody else's car (valet) when they just flew out of a parking garage without looking or stopping at all. Something that never fails to piss me off though, is pedestrians just meandering across the street, or walking down a road slightly diagonally while traffic waits behind them. I don't know if it's just this city or what, but I see it all the time. Oh, you were making a right turn on this street? Let me just obliviously saunter across it, with no regard for anybody else. At the same time, I feel like blowing the horn at a pedestrian is too much... they're not exactly breaking any rules, just being clueless/selfish.