Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah! Jozy could be on 200k/week in no time!

Only if United have had enough of him and decide to put him in his place once and for all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Big Jozy Knew posted:

That's a bit unfair on Steven Fletcher, who has already scored two more goals than Jozy this season

And like 15 or something last season, Steven Fletcher is great and is probably embarrassed to share a pitch with that shitheap

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
you idiots, and most of the professional football managers and coaches that have worked with him every day, just don't understand how Jozy needs to be used to get the best out of him. I've watched him destroy all the top teams live on ESPN - Honduras, Guatemala, Trinidad and Tobago - and i've seen all the top gifs of the weekly barclays premier league action, and where Sunderland and Hull went wrong is playing Jozy at centre forward and expecting goals or effort or hold up play or staying upright

(someone in the hugbox thread implied Jozy's True Strength was his passing. yeah. can't even parody that)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
How can Jozy be expected to score

if he is not surrounded by a team of world class talent?

It makes no sense.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

It makes no sense.

Clearly you've never heard of Graham Zusi or Brad Evans.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah! Jozy could be on 200k/week in no time!

He's already on 200k/week. In calories that is :xd:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Pissflaps posted:

It makes no sense.

reminder that Marcus Stewart was once the second highest scorer in the Premier League and yet many posters on this forum believe the words in your post

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Puseklepp posted:

He's already on 200k/week. In calories that is :xd:

the k is for tastykakes, yes?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I firmly believe that the Barclay's Premiership Top League For EuroSoccerBall in the States is rigorously edited to make it look like Jozy is pinging in goals left right and centre, and the Prermiership top 20 goes with 1 as the lowest and 20 as the best position, in much the same manner as the Great Khali is made to look like the centrepiece of WWE in India, despite the fact that he has the same amount of physical ability as Jozy Altidore.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
jozy played another 90 minutes of football and didnt score.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
@eric_nehm 1h

Watching Altidore play for USMNT makes me so sad that he has to deal with playing for Sunderland

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
All the fans of all the players that play for sunderland tweet about how sad they are that their favourite player has to play for a team with players as bad as everyone else.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Maybe...Jozy....is part of the reason...why Sunderland are so loving poo poo ???

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Ponce de Le0n posted:

@eric_nehm 1h

Watching Altidore play for USMNT makes me so sad that he has to deal with playing for Sunderland

Hahaha it's eye watering stuff, for sure

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Maybe...Jozy....is part of the reason...why Sunderland are so loving poo poo ???

They're holding him back imo

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
reminder that USMNT fans did exactly the aimed at Plymouth Argyle - a team they cannot possibly have ever seen play - during the brief time they had Kenny Cooper, a poo poo twat who would come on for like 8 minutes at the end of games and look loving knackered well before stoppage time (despite barely breaking into a jog)

im going to go into all the NBA forums everywhere and complain that 5 separate franchises were just too poorly moderated to get Pops Mensah-Bonsu the service he deserves

skirth
Oct 29, 2010

Steven Fletcher posted:

I think I will bounce off Jozy if I go anywhere near him. Have you seen the size of the lad?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Babby Thatcher posted:

reminder that USMNT fans did exactly the aimed at Plymouth Argyle - a team they cannot possibly have ever seen play - during the brief time they had Kenny Cooper, a poo poo twat who would come on for like 8 minutes at the end of games and look loving knackered well before stoppage time (despite barely breaking into a jog)

im going to go into all the NBA forums everywhere and complain that 5 separate franchises were just too poorly moderated to get Pops Mensah-Bonsu the service he deserves

Nope no USMNT fan ever thought Kenny Cooper would do anything on any European team.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I can't remember any Americans getting upset at the way Leeds utilised Eddie Lewis but that's probably because Eddie Lewis was the loving business. Not so much Mike Grella he was rubbish

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

the sex ghost posted:

I can't remember any Americans getting upset at the way Leeds utilised Eddie Lewis but that's probably because Eddie Lewis was the loving business. Not so much Mike Grella he was rubbish

You cant say that the Grella Bella's will tweet @ you.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Poyet says Jozy's struggles aren't his fault. I think Gus must be a USMNT supporter.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1620806/sunderland-boss-gus-poyet-backs-usa-striker-jozy-altidore-overcome-goal-drought?cc=5901

Soccernet posted:

Gus Poyet says Jozy Altidore's lack of goals are down to Sunderland’s failure to play to the striker’s strengths.

USA international Altidore, 24, arrived on Wearside from Eredivisie side AZ this summer for six million pounds after scoring 31 goals in his final season in the Netherlands, but he has been unable to produce that kind of form in England.

He scored just twice in all competitions during a loan spell with Hull City in the 2009-10 season, and his only goal for Sunderland to date came in a 4-2 Capital One Cup victory over League One side MK Dons in August.

Nonetheless, Poyet -- who replaced Paolo Di Canio as Sunderland manager on Oct. 8 -- remains confident Altidore has the ability to deliver in the Premier League and feels it is down to the team to provide the right service.

“He has many good qualities but the one that tends to get overlooked is that he has an unbelievable shot on him -- so powerful," he told the Sunderland Echo. "I still can’t believe he is only 24. He hits the ball with such power and we have to use that power to best effect.

“Sometimes it is hard -- it is very easy to look at a player and say: ‘Oh, he doesn’t score goals.’ But sometimes you have to look at how you play, especially if that player has scored in other teams and not in yours.”

Jozy is the best

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
rip Mike Grella you were on the verge of breaking into the first team for about 3 years and then you went on loan and never came back

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I can't believe he's 24 either the fucker moves like a 40 year old.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
He's probably faster than Giggs now though.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

I can't believe he's 24 either the fucker moves like a 40 year old.

a 40 year old dog

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Charlotte Hornets posted:

He's probably faster than Giggs now though.

No one is able to measure this due to Jozy taking a single step and falling over.

This was done after Di Canio was sacked but before Poyet took over:

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 20, 2013

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
He's like a really fat bambi.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

He's like a really fat bambi.

Even bambi could walk when there wasn't much ice around, it isn't quite winter yet jozy you fat sack of poo poo!

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

80085 posted:

Poyet says Jozy's struggles aren't his fault. I think Gus must be a USMNT supporter.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1620806/sunderland-boss-gus-poyet-backs-usa-striker-jozy-altidore-overcome-goal-drought?cc=5901

Jozy is the best

"he can kick the ball really hard, now we just need to get him to point it at the goal"

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

He'd be alright at kicking it hard toward the goal if there was no-one to stop him from doing it, and if he could stop falling over long enough

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
No posts in this thread on a Jozy match day???

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Probably means he just scored a goal I guess

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

oliwan posted:

No posts in this thread on a Jozy match day???

He was on the bench today and with the sending off I guess he wont get off it. e. He's now on, its the 84th minute.

cadfael fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 23, 2013

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sunderland could have used a strong and mobile striker up there like Jozy, no wonder they lost, bad choices by Gus Pooyet, keep your best striker on the bench for the whole match.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Has Jozy scored today?
I think we need to see the chart to make sure.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Dunban posted:

Has Jozy scored today?

No need for a chart, he didn't score today but he will definitely score soon as long as Gus Poofart keeps him out of the bench. Maybe afraid the young and powerful striker will outshine him and the players won't listen to him? Possibly, you'd have to ask him.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Jozy is loving awful. A big lumbering piece of crap who gets paid a fortune to be professionally poo poo.

I hope he somehow fucks off back to some joke league like MLS or the Dutch one where he can go back to fooling idiots who literally don't understand football by converting tap ins.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I saw Big Jozy in the flesh today. He was fat and didn't score.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Dunban posted:

Has Jozy scored today?

He scored 5-6 minutes of sweet, precious playing time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Sunderland could have used a strong and mobile striker up there like Jozy, no wonder they lost, bad choices by Gus Pooyet, keep your best striker on the bench for the whole match.

Needs to talk to Brendan Rodgers a bit get an idea how he likes use to Big Luis and then slot Jozy in that way

• Locked thread