Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Parsley posted:

Nothing makes a character more relatable and likable than seeing them encourage someone to discuss their hobbies, and then proceeding to mock and belittle those hobbies.
Hey, that's what we do all day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Benne posted:

Is it any coincidence that Walt wears a stupid hat to make himself look more badass and manly? No wonder Tropers love him so much.

Eh, I was looking through the YMMV page (subjective tropes) and its pretty sane, mostly calling out fans who take the Walt is a badass/Skyler's a bitch line. And the Wild Mass Guessing page gets half it's predictions right. I'm sure lots of Tropers think Walt's a misunderstood genius who did it all For Science! and got revenge on school bullies/mom/the system by using LOGIC and SMARTS, but they exist here and on reddit and everywhere else online. They do list him under Nice Hat, though.

So great, the site got something right.

Here's a useless trope: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThisIsForEmphasisBitch

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 19, 2013

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Maxwell Lord posted:

THE ROMANCE IS CENTRAL TO THE FILM YOU MORONS

How can anybody watch Mulholland Drive and not get this? The entire lesbian romance and sex scene are to establish how delusional the character is, the extreme disparity between her fantasy and reality. I haven't seen it in years and I still remember it. To watch this movie and not get that is a mindbogglingly obtuse reading. :psyduck:

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

I browsed through their entries for Big Lipped Alligator Moments, basically moments in media that seem to have nothing to do with anything else in said media. It's a thing that arguably happens. But a lot of the time it's clear that Tropers have no idea what themes are and how you might reinforce them by putting in moments that reinforce them without advancing the main story:

You missed the best part:

quote:

The Nostalgia Critic and The Nostalgia Chick have had to post supplementary videos on this topic, due to confusion on what does and does not count. One is that it is a moment, not a subplot or entire episode (For that we have Bizarro Episode). And they emphasized that it has to go against what is considered normal.

They have clarifications from the people who coined the term, and they still use it to mean "I don't understand how character development relates to the plot" or "this is my favourite throwaway gag in a tv show full of them".

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

The Leper Colon V posted:

Hey, that's what we do all day!

Yes, but we also do what the Tropers' fathers (assuming they didn't walk out, divorce, or commit suicide in frustration, and assuming they weren't just some glorified sperm donor who knocked up and left a defenseless woman into caring for her unwanted spawn) have tried to do or should have done: lecture them that their more inane or legally questionable interests will make them losers for life, and they shouldn't look down on jocks and people who have sex, because, hey, some of them aren't as vulgar and moronic as they make them out to be. And who are they to look down on them when they're on the receiving end of ridicule and harrassment as well.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Three of the top threads in the Writer's Block forum are threads where people roleplay their characters. A fourth top thread is where tropers pat each other on the back over the massive (and I'm serious, truly loving massive) trope lists they have for their villains.

That much roleplaying cannot be good for their writing.

Though it's something I'm embarrassed about now, I used to do a lot of roleplaying when I was young and stupid. I also thought that because of my roleplaying I was a really good writer.

I'm not saying that you can't write and roleplay at the same, but I certainly wouldn't consider roleplaying practice for writing. It took me about a year to finally unlearn all the bullshit style you get used to when roleplaying, to relearn rules about formatting and paragraph breaks, and to stop using all the awkward shortcut phrases.

I don't know if tropers would be better writers if they didn't roleplay so much, but it certainly couldn't hurt their writing.

As compensation for a 'let's talk about me' post here are more of the tropers' favorite parts of their own writing.

quote:

I looked back at Leon, but he was looking away. He wasn’t looking at another girl, but it was still enough to trigger my inner Polynesian tribal fire god of tiki rage. I NEEDED TO BE APPEASED.

-Narration from my (rather ignorant) yandere protagonist
Yandere is anime for someone who is jealous :ssh:

quote:

I imagined toked up teen addicts faced similar situations when they accidentally invited their dealer over to a party. Except in this case, the dealer was acting way nicer to the person he wasn’t selling to and also had teleportation powers and a magical pool cue and I was the one who tried to give him drugs because I loved him.
"toked up teen addicts face similar situations"

quote:

"It's not going to work." "Of course it will, it did in that SyFy film with the shark." "There's at least a thousand of those, which one do you mean?"
This is the best line in their entire novel short story fanfic

quote:

Lathspell: Let me try diplomacy!
Andrew: ...You? Diplomacy?
Lathspell: Yeah, nice and smooth. (Inhales deeply) Bring your moth-eaten rear end down there, you oversize parasitic cockroach!
(Somewhere in the distance, a thunderous cry can be heard)
Lathspell: See? Smooth.
Andrew: You...Fuckin'...hosed-up...Fucker! If I wasn't heterosexual, I would be kissing you so hard right now!
Tropers don't really know how people talk.

quote:

I drew upon my reserves of righteous indignation and prepared to give this unwanted and unwarranted caller a piece of my mind.
This is so boring it's hard to make fun of except this was this guy's favorite line, out of any line he could have posted. It's on the level of tropers calling the time when their cat didn't listen to them a Crowning Moment of Funny.

quote:

"Can we just conclude that Los Angeles is hosed and get on with our lives?" Twilight asked, sincerely.

-Twilight Sparkle talking about the battle being fought in LA between Bro Strider, the Metal Wolf, and Kefka Palazzo. I love this hobby.
Even for a MLP/Homestuck/Final Fantasy/Metal Wolf crossover fanfic, I'm sure there had to be more interesting lines than that.

quote:

"So, what direction is the Doragon Kingdom?" Asked Joshua as he looked at the trees surrounding him and his partners, completely lost in that natural maze, he then glanced at Naoki and Reys "You don't have a map on hands do you?"

"Thankfully I have a map function installed, otherwise I'm certain you two would be lost forever here." Said Reys, much to Naoki's annoyance as he started to examine the place to determine the right direction.

"I'm not lost! I know exactly the way to the kingdom!" Declared Naoki before following in a straight line, leaving Joshua and Reys behind, who didn't look concerned at all.

"You're going in the wrong direction, the right way is here." Said Joshua, pointing at the complete opposite direction Naoki was going, said direction was where they just came from.

Naoki then stopped in place, and started to head at the direction pointed by Joshua who was just amused by that, Reys could only shake his head as he saw the young prince going.

"See? You're so lost, you're taking MY directions." Mocked Joshua, snickering as Naoki just glanced at him and gave a sigh, which only entertained him even more, "And if you're going back to the village, could you buy us a map?"
I'm not sure how many animes this is. I know it's at least Avatar. I can feel the loving chibi in that post.

quote:

"Understanding what our adversaries will be on the lookout for, we must make use of more subtle traps. If our pursuers plan to drive as a means of transport then we can use traffic to our advantage. Now I estimated that the organization would get impatient in only another forty minutes, which should be half past three. If driving to the premises, investigate it and its surrounding takes one hour and a half, the time they drive back should be about five. So taking into account the time when certain businesses finish for the day and their distance from the residential zone, if we take use of one of these areas as bait, we can maximize the traffic jam at the time our pursuers drive off. We will choose this cafe."
Sometimes other tropers tell them they need to correct their grammar, but there's never any real criticism because anything that could be taken for negativity isn't allowed.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

quote:

That much roleplaying cannot be good for their writing.

My writer's club actually found a really good use for roleplaying in the writing process.

It lets you get rid of all your lovely, TVTropes level lines.

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I browsed through their entries for Big Lipped Alligator Moments, basically moments in media that seem to have nothing to do with anything else in said media. It's a thing that arguably happens. But a lot of the time it's clear that Tropers have no idea what themes are and how you might reinforce them by putting in moments that reinforce them without advancing the main story:

You missed the best part: the original Big Lipped Alligator Moment is not a Big Lipped Alligator Moment according to their definition:

quote:

Trope Namer: All Dogs Go to Heaven includes a bizarre and nonsensical musical number with a big lipped alligator near the end of the film. The two main characters fall into a cave where they are brought by a Wacky Wayside Tribe to meet their leader, King Gator, who breaks into an Esther Williams tribute. The scene not only comes out of nowhere with only very little build-up beforehand, but it violates the rules of the movie: animals can only speak to members of their own species, with Anne Marie being the only being who can communicate with everyone. Yet the Gator and Charlie can share a cross-species musical number. Although the alligator comes back to save Charlie and kill Carface, the random, over-the-top musical number itself is what qualifies this scene as a BLAM. At least Anne Marie got sick because of the event, which makes it more a Random Events Plot for this one moment.

"This scene has no connection to the rest of the plot! Except for this connection, and that connection also, but they don't count because, um... well, it's still unexpected, because who expects talking and singing animals in a Disney movie, right?"

quote:

FernGully: The Last Rainforest has the appearance of a big carnivorous lizard who tries to eat Zak while singing a song about vore.

STOP PROJECTING YOUR WEIRD FETISHES ONTO A loving KIDS' CARTOON

quote:

It's a Wonderful Life has a scene where Mary loses her bathrobe and has to hide naked inside a bush. It's not at all plot-relevant and the next scene is about George's father having died of a stroke. George even lampshades it: "This is a very interesting situation I'm in!"

Developing sexual tension between the romantic leads in a romantic comedy? Not at all plot-relevant!

quote:

There's that uncomfortable and unnerving "Vodka" chapter that comes the eff out of nowhere late in His Dark Materials. Will, a 12 or 13 year old boy, is traveling alone. He stops at the house of an old priest to ask for directions. The priest pushes him into accepting a drink of vodka, chats in an overly friendly manner, is very touchy-feely, tries to convince Will to stay a while and is just generally creepy. After few pages of this, Will insists on leaving and the man gives him a hug and lets him go. There is no mention of the incident or the old man ever again.

This was a jab at the Catholic Church, referencing their rampant sexual abuse of children.

There are a bunch of entries like this, where one troper finds something "unexpected" because they're too dense to understand it, and then another troper awkwardly corrects them. But don't think about, y'know, deleting the obviously incorrect entry. Nothing can ever be deleted!

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Sailor Viy posted:

Nothing can ever be deleted!

Unless it criticizes troper writing. :colbert:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sailor Viy posted:

There are a bunch of entries like this, where one troper finds something "unexpected" because they're too dense to understand it, and then another troper awkwardly corrects them. But don't think about, y'know, deleting the obviously incorrect entry. Nothing can ever be deleted!

In defense of the people correcting them, if they tried to delete stupid entries they'd be banned and the entry would be restored. This is even true of obvious troll entries.

On the other hand, why don't they leave their dumb site and do something else?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sailor Viy posted:

STOP PROJECTING YOUR WEIRD FETISHES ONTO A loving KIDS' CARTOON

In all fairness, there's no projection going on where that scene is concerned. It was a weird loving scene.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

In all fairness, there's no projection going on where that scene is concerned. It was a weird loving scene.

The song is called "If I am going to eat somebody, it might as well be you." So there's that.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

crowfeathers posted:

In defense of the people correcting them, if they tried to delete stupid entries they'd be banned and the entry would be restored. This is even true of obvious troll entries.

On the other hand, why don't they leave their dumb site and do something else?

Because Tropers have given up on interacting with people who aren't them and "doing something else" implies that they're good at other things, which, as everyone here has stated (directly and indirectly), they aren't. Even if they dropped dead from poor diet and no exercise, they managed to screw that up.

crowfeathers posted:

The song is called "If I am going to eat somebody, it might as well be you." So there's that.

Not to derail, but for my money, "Toxic Love" is more sexually disturbing than that song on "Ferngully," especially since the original version of "Toxic Love" had to have lyrics cut to keep the movie at a G-rating.

Penny Paper fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 20, 2013

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Penny Paper posted:

Because Tropers have given up on interacting with people who aren't them and "doing something else" implies that they're good at other things, which, as everyone here has stated (directly and indirectly), they aren't. Even if they dropped dead from poor diet and no exercise, they managed to screw that up.

Not to derail, but for my money, "Toxic Love" is more sexually disturbing than that song on "Ferngully," especially since the original version of "Toxic Love" had to have lyrics cut to keep the movie at a G-rating.

Several songs from Ferngully had to have lyrics cut for the sake of a G-rating, including Robin Williams' song about the animal-tested bat. I have no idea what this says about the movie's development. Maybe they were originally shooting for a more serious, morose PG or PG-13 movie?

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

Oxxidation posted:

Oh, I agree that it qualifies as a Big Lipped Alligator Moment, but it's just gross that they had to describe it as "a song about vore". It's not a sex thing! The goanna just wants to eat the tiny man for natural biological reasons!

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Sailor Viy posted:

Oh, I agree that it qualifies as a Big Lipped Alligator Moment, but it's just gross that they had to describe it as "a song about vore". It's not a sex thing! The goanna just wants to eat the tiny man for natural biological reasons!

That does not have to be as creepy as it was, though.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

If you haven't started calling just regular eating 'vore' then you're not living your life to the fullest.

Today I vored some cereal for breakfast, and I think I'm gonna vore some quesadillas for a snack.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Sailor Viy posted:

Hell, that last one is incredibly blatant and I don't get how you can read Phillip Pullman and not get that he's criticising organised religion. Tropers really don't get themes - they think that His Dark Materials is just a book about these kids and their magical soul-pets or something.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Djeser posted:

If you haven't started calling just regular eating 'vore' then you're not living your life to the fullest.

Today I vored some cereal for breakfast, and I think I'm gonna vore some quesadillas for a snack.

Oh god that's so hot. :eyepop:

In the realm of silly idea's:
Link

TVtropes posted:

War Of The Magical Girls
So a billion years ago I started up a game called Magical Girl No Civil War, where magical girls somehow got the essence of famous military leaders and then fought each other when the country they were in devolved into civil war. It stalled while we were redoing the rules for combat and subsequently died off.
I want to kick that off again. The basic premise is similar: a school for magical girls is opened for students from across the world who utilize the memories and experiences of great warriors and warlords and focus them into their magic abilities to fight the bad guys.
I wanted to make teamwork and creative thinking a part of the game so my friend devised a tactical role-playing combat system kind of like that used in Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, or Final Fantasy Tactics, except a lot simpler. When in combat, the players would use this system and fight with the enemy in-game, while out in the discussion thread or elsewhere they would get together to plan and discuss tactics.
Anyone interested? And anyone have any plot ideas besides the one from the previous game? I'm sort of running dry here.
Teddy Rooseveld's moustache counts as a power right? Why does this need magical girls anyway?
Those games already have simple systems, it's simple rock paper scissors. How can you possibly simplify it?

second post posted:

I'm interested.
Theodore Roosevelt in Magical Girl form.
Oh, and applying an actual combat system to an RP, that's cool too.
:ughh:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Darth TNT posted:

In the realm of silly idea's:
Link

Teddy Rooseveld's moustache counts as a power right? Why does this need magical girls anyway?
Those games already have simple systems, it's simple rock paper scissors. How can you possibly simplify it?

:ughh:

If there's a more depressing anime-ism than the phrase 'Magical Girl No Civil War' I'm yet to see it.

It needs magical girls because the only thing horrible nerds love more than Teddy Motherfuckin Roosevelt, is combining Teddy Motherfuckin Roosevelt with loli panty shots (in text form I guess). Also it sounds like an even worse rip-off of Fate Stay Night, which is already kind of poo poo and creepy as it is.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

vaguely posted:

If there's a more depressing anime-ism than the phrase 'Magical Girl No Civil War' I'm yet to see it.

It took me like a minute to parse that title. He's trying to put Japanese prepositions in a title made up using English words, isn't he?

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Zerilan posted:

It took me like a minute to parse that title. He's trying to put Japanese prepositions in a title made up using English words, isn't he?

Of course he is, it's like the perfect storm of terrible.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

vaguely posted:

It needs magical girls because the only thing horrible nerds love more than Teddy Motherfuckin Roosevelt, is combining Teddy Motherfuckin Roosevelt with loli panty shots (in text form I guess). Also it sounds like an even worse rip-off of Fate Stay Night, which is already kind of poo poo and creepy as it is.

I thought it sounded like a lovely rip-off of Shaman King, just with magical girls replacing increasingly androgynous guys.

Zerilan posted:

Of course he is. I'm surprised he didn't have more Japanese in the title.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
It's extra-poor word choice because "no" is also an identically-spelled word in English that means something different.

The first few times I read the title as "Magical girl, no civil war". I thought he was talking about an alternate universe where somehow little girls with supernatural powers prevented the American Civil War from ever occurring. This would be much more interesting than what he actually proposed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

William Bear posted:

The first few times I read the title as "Magical girl, no civil war". I thought he was talking about an alternate universe where somehow little girls with supernatural powers prevented the American Civil War from ever occurring. This would be much more interesting than what he actually proposed.
And it'd still be horrifically Japanese and white-washy and ham-handed about sensitive topics.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There's a nightmare fuel page for The Nostalgia Critic.

It's almost as long as the Tear Jerker page for The Nostalgia Critic.

Tropers are losers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

quote:

His icon - the one that consists only of his face with a huge, insane grin on it. He looks like he wants to eat you and is really looking forward to it. And the circles in the background makes it look like he's coming right at you. *shudders*

Are you loving kidding me?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

MrAristocrates posted:

Are you loving kidding me?
Yes. TV Tropes is actually a practical joke at your expense. Isn't this all much easier to take now?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well to be fair, Doug Walker is pretty horrific. He seems to think that sketch comedy with the rejects of his last failed project will somehow make the Nostalgia Critic funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's worth noting that the Marx Brothers couldn't make The Nostalgia Critic funny.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

In the beginning of the review for Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, there's some very noticeable horizontal cuts at the base of his neck. They're never addressed, but can still tap into some Primal Fear.

First of all, he looks like he nicked himself shaving or he scratched himself somehow.

quote:

He gives an epic rant about how disgraceful Pearl Harbor is to the real event, ending it by shrieking "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" at a volume and pitch human speech was never meant to reach.

... I just checked it out and it sounds no more screechier then usual.

quote:

The "Top 11 Mindfucks".
-"Yes." "Yes." "Yes."

Okay, this episode was just about those really bizarre moments/ bizarre animated films. And the bit right under it was just about how two of him popped out from either side of the screen saying yes. It's kinda odd but how the gently caress is it scary to people that aren't scared of stuff from My Little Pony?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Testekill posted:

... I just checked it out and it sounds no more screechier then usual.

He's already an insufferably screechy manchild, so that's not saying much.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Testekill posted:

Okay, this episode was just about those really bizarre moments/ bizarre animated films. And the bit right under it was just about how two of him popped out from either side of the screen saying yes. It's kinda odd but how the gently caress is it scary to people that aren't scared of stuff from My Little Pony?

Aha. Well, you've made an erroneous assumption there, my friend.

quote:

When Twilight's book is telling how Princess Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon, the illustration suddenly goes from Luna's eyes closed in sadness to Nightmare Moon's eyes open in utter hatred.

quote:

Fluttershy apparently breaking a bear's neck. It turned out she was only doing something chiropractic on it, but it looks horrific at first.

quote:

Spike's display of his nictitating membrane after Twilight leaves him be can be creepy to those unfamiliar with reptilian biological mechanisms. We've come to accept these characters as humans rather than animals like they really are. This scene is similar to watching someone you know as being as human as you are slowly turn into something not human.

quote:

Pinkie Pie's Mind Rape is probably the creepiest of all, with demonic balloons laughing at her and circling her while she begs them to cease. Even worse when Discord removes his head so his talking face is on the balloon. The faces of Pinkie's friends showing up on the balloons too is unsettling at the very least. Fluttershy's forced Mind Rape was probably the worst of all, it looked...painful. The others suffering from Mind Rape is rather unnerving as well, not only did Discord reverse their personalities but metaphorically raping them as well.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

I browsed through their entries for Big Lipped Alligator Moments, basically moments in media that seem to have nothing to do with anything else in said media ....

Lesbian Sex from Mulholland Drive

I find it super funny that someone would pick out THAT moment from this movie and be like "Yes, this is the one that's random, out of place and doesn't make any sense to me."

It's David Lynch, they have a cornucopia of WTF moments that they could pick from and they choose one of the least nonsensical parts of the film.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lowly posted:

I find it super funny that someone would pick out THAT moment from this movie and be like "Yes, this is the one that's random, out of place and doesn't make any sense to me."

It's David Lynch, they have a cornucopia of WTF moments that they could pick from and they choose one of the least nonsensical parts of the film.

Sex terrifies and confuses many tropers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maybe they were trying to be meta and point out that a normal scene is a WTF scene in a David Lynch movie.

Or maybe I'm just giving them too much credit.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Lesbian sex is the only part of Mulholland Drive they remember, hence why they chose it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Nah, that was my point. Tropers have a rather extensive page for MLP nightmare fuel and it's indicative of just how low their capacity for scary stuff is. Certain things should have nightmare fuel pages. Stuff like XCOM and Binding of Isaac deserve their pages because they can create genuine tension or contain hosed up poo poo.

quote:

Site Recon. Its a Council Mission in Enemy Within where the team is dispatched to investigate a distress signal from a Canadian fishing village. Hijinks ensue

Like this mission from Enemy Within. It's genuinely tense because everything in the village has been wiped out by chryssalids. Something like this deserves to be on a nightmare fuel page.

Binding of Isaac is pretty much proof that Ed McMillen is pretty hosed up in the head or at least enjoys designing seriously bizarre stuff. Once more, more than deserving of a nightmare fuel page.

Something like this is just goofy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Edit is not quote.. Ignore this.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Testekill posted:

Edit is not quote.. Ignore this.

Never.

Nightmare Fuel: PS2 posted:

Whenever a Playstation 2 identifies a disc that you insert as pirated or the wrong format, you get the Red Screen of Death. The screen turns red and the theme suddenly goes from sounding futuristic and amazing to dreadful and haunting, and you are told "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc." This is especially freaky when it sometimes misidentifies a perfectly legitimate disc as the wrong format, and many a gamer was scared into believing their console may have just bit the dust.
Even worse is having that screen appear while you are in the middle of playing a game, not expecting it at all.

Wow. Spooooky.

• Locked thread