Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Crewmine posted:

I think I'm building a sword in the foundry, but there doesn't seem to be a way to look at the stats of anything from the icons, so I have no idea if it's better than my starter sword. Also, the "pull" ability seems completely bonkers as it literally kills everything on the screen instantly.
It is, but only barely. And yeah Mag kind of owns right now but is probably getting a (deserved) nerf soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I will weep for days when Pull gets a nerf :cry:

I guess I should prepare for it. My Rhino should be done in a few hours and I hear he's pretty fun. What's his general playstyle/strategy?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Crowbear posted:

I guess I should prepare for it. My Rhino should be done in a few hours and I hear he's pretty fun. What's his general playstyle/strategy?
Rhino strategy guide: equip Rhino, beat warframe

He's the only frame where all four of his abilities are solid even against the hardest stuff in the game. He plays like a heavy soldier/tank; don't be afraid to stand and take punishment from small to medium numbers of enemies. You will soon realize that you are basically invincible against anything that isn't high level.

Keep Iron Skin up at all times; it has no duration or timeout, it just lasts until depleted. Use your first 50 energy when you start the map to cast it, then go to town. Stomp is your go-to if you are surrounded or otherwise in a place with too many mobs; what it doesn't kill outright, it stuns for ages. It even will stun most bosses, which is probably going to be nerfed sooner or later here.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Iron Skin, Stomp. Maybe throw a Roar in somewhere.

Rhino's pretty fun to play as because Iron Skin lets you ignore the stupid bullshit DE likes to put in the game for no reason.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Denzine posted:

Rhino's pretty fun to play as because Iron Skin lets you ignore the stupid bullshit DE likes to put in the game for no reason.
Not even iron skin will save you from the stealth mastery test. It's infuriating how long it takes and that you fail randomly because the enemy decides you are a target and starts shooting a wall even though you're standing still in the same spot you have been forever. Stealth has no place in warframe, and the sooner they get rid of that poo poo the better.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
If anything they're trying to add more reasons to be stealthy with the codex. You get bonus XP if you scan enemies without them noticing you.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Chubbs posted:

If anything they're trying to add more reasons to be stealthy with the codex. You get bonus XP if you scan enemies without them noticing you.

You also unfortunately get more scan info when stealthed too going by that video, so that's going to make things even more fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Khorne posted:

Not even iron skin will save you from the stealth mastery test. It's infuriating how long it takes and that you fail randomly because the enemy decides you are a target and starts shooting a wall even though you're standing still in the same spot you have been forever. Stealth has no place in warframe, and the sooner they get rid of that poo poo the better.

The stealth mastery test is what Loki is for. Can't get more stealthy than literally invisible :pseudo:. That is, unless the stalker shows up, but you're boned if that happens anyway.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok so it looks like it might be possible to get to rank 8 with the controller. As they added an option where you dont have to hold jump whilst wallrunning. But you still need to tap jump when making contact with the wall after the initial jump, I wish i'd figured this out before loving up the mastery test again. :downs:

Also I feel like going back to use trinity again but my mod loadout looks like poo poo, whats best to slot? Duration and range? Power strength?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

bald and fail II posted:

Ok so it looks like it might be possible to get to rank 8 with the controller. As they added an option where you dont have to hold jump whilst wallrunning. But you still need to tap jump when making contact with the wall after the initial jump, I wish i'd figured this out before loving up the mastery test again. :downs:

Also I feel like going back to use trinity again but my mod loadout looks like poo poo, whats best to slot? Duration and range? Power strength?

Duration means that Trinity can basically be invincible for long periods of time.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

bald and fail II posted:

I like efficiency and power, but only with Fleeting Expertise for a crazystupid energy vampire for the team. Duration is better when you want insane blessing/link time, but it pretty much neuters energy vampire. Finding a balance between the two extremes is 100% viable and still fun. So I guess the answer is use whatever is the most fun at the time.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I think duration is the most important thing on Trinity. DE changed energy vampire in a weird way that makes duration actually hurt it, but it can give you 20-30 seconds of blessing which is pretty awesome all around. I just press 4 and then start flailing around all over the place, shooting rockets at my feet. Every now and then I explode into tiny pieces because I'm not sure exactly when blessing runs out but that's just part of the trinity experience.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

bald and fail II posted:

Narrowminded is a tradeoff: do you want to be invincable forever, or actually be able to generate power? Blessing doesn't care about range, but Energy Vampire does and the more power strength you've got slotted, the more power it generates per tick.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So hey, just noticed they added Achievments for this on steam. When did that happen?

Also, on the subject of Rhino, what does a good loadout look like for him if you want to just beast everything in the game? I've got a Strun I've almost leveled to full, have a Scindo BP I need to get galium for and I don't really know where to go for a Secondary on him.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Achievements showed up just a couple hours ago, judging by the official forums. They're not active yet, of course, probably waiting on hooks present in Update 11.

For Rhino you mainly want Focus and Streamline, after that it's more or less up to you. Stretch is pretty nice if you use Stomp a lot.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Hopefully that means they're adding trophies to the PS4 version too. Love me some trophies :ninja:

And thanks for the Rhino info guys. He sounds like a blast to play!

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

Achievements showed up just a couple hours ago, judging by the official forums. They're not active yet, of course, probably waiting on hooks present in Update 11.

I'm waiting for someone to SAM them all and show off somehow.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Ardeem posted:

but Energy Vampire does and the more power strength you've got slotted, the more power it generates per tick.

If you're in a position where you don't have enough enemies around that you can just break them open to get enough energy from their insides to cast another Blessing, odds are you're not facing enough enemies that they'll be able to kill you before you either get away or slaughter them all.

Also, if you're burning your last energy reserve to cast a Blessing, you should be using that time to get away. You can always find a couple more crates or some little enemies to pop open in search of blue orbs.

Also, slotting Flow helps a lot with Trinity energy management. Combine that with a max-vacuum Gourdie and you should be good to go! Max your power duration at the expense of literally everything else, max Blessing, Flow, and ignore all of the other frame abilities because they're completely redundant once you can do that. As long as you have energy (and unless you're doing really sparse-spawning low-level content, you will), nobody on your team can die, no matter where they are.

Also, if you're about to go down but you even start the Blessing cast, it will still go off, making everyone else invulnerable so they can come get you. And it also applies to you, so you will be invulnerable when they get you up unless you bleed out and have to use a Revive.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

DelphiAegis posted:

I'm waiting for someone to SAM them all and show off somehow.
There are several people in this thread (on this page, even) who probably won't even need to.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

LonsomeSon posted:

If you're in a position where you don't have enough enemies around that you can just break them open to get enough energy from their insides to cast another Blessing, odds are you're not facing enough enemies that they'll be able to kill you before you either get away or slaughter them all.

I've had defense missions where waves just decide "Nope, not dropping any power. Good luck with that."

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It looks like there's achievements for getting up to mastery rank 27. :frog:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Ardeem posted:

I've had defense missions where waves just decide "Nope, not dropping any power. Good luck with that."

Right, but if you followed the rest of my advice and have maxed Flow and duration you should be good to last for a wave or three. Especially if it's early enough that you're not having to keep Blessing up constantly.

A good rule of thumb I use when I play Trinity is to use Blessing when I'm in trouble, or anytime someone goes down (so whoever goes to revive them is invulnerable).

e: also, Energy Siphon is your friend (you'll have to forma your useless defensive-polarity aura slot if you just really need the extra slots, but the number of formas you can get nowadays is limited only by the amount of time you want to spend in t3s). If you don't already have it you should be on the lookout for it already, because it's definitely one of the better auras.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 20, 2013

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

There are several people in this thread (on this page, even) who probably won't even need to.

Edit: ^^ Maybe I counted wrong, but isn't initiate Rank1?

Well, reading some of them, how are they going to be applied? Will there be a scan of your account every time you log-in, or done once that gives you these achievements? Also, I'm a "Seeker" in rank, which is rank 10, but they have achievements for up to rank 30. Are they going to change how mastery is calculated, or is this a future-proof thing for more weapons to add? My guess is the latter, with a flattening off of the mastery XP required to level, as it is impossible to be anywhere into Rank13 right now, and that's with everything in the game, including all event and founder bonus stuff.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

DelphiAegis posted:

Edit: ^^ Maybe I counted wrong, but isn't initiate Rank1?

Well, reading some of them, how are they going to be applied? Will there be a scan of your account every time you log-in, or done once that gives you these achievements? Also, I'm a "Seeker" in rank, which is rank 10, but they have achievements for up to rank 30. Are they going to change how mastery is calculated, or is this a future-proof thing for more weapons to add? My guess is the latter, with a flattening off of the mastery XP required to level, as it is impossible to be anywhere into Rank13 right now, and that's with everything in the game, including all event and founder bonus stuff.

They are making some small changes to mastery calculation as well. Star map completion now adds to mastery. But yeah, getting anywhere near that high would be ridiculous.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

They are making some small changes to mastery calculation as well. Star map completion now adds to mastery. But yeah, getting anywhere near that high would be ridiculous.

Oh sweet, I can't wait to be rank 25 when I log in after U11. :v:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
If those achievements properly backfill then I'm going to get, like, all of them except for the super-high ranks and probably 1000 revives.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I'm just assuming the achievements will backfill, since not everybody is on steam, and you can port your account over anyway. I think the counting ones (Make 10 items, revive x players, etc) might not, though. Damnit. Now I'm excited. :(

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

DelphiAegis posted:

I'm just assuming the achievements will backfill, since not everybody is on steam, and you can port your account over anyway. I think the counting ones (Make 10 items, revive x players, etc) might not, though. Damnit. Now I'm excited. :(

Yeah, now that I think of it anything that's tracked in your profile (ciphers, mastery ranks, warframes, lifetime credits) will get backfilled and other stuff (kill 100 enemies in a mission, the mod stuff, maybe selling things) won't. Fortunately all that stuff looks pretty trivial to do with a long-standing account.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I am scared to see how much I've poopsocked this game on top of the money I've blown on this, so I'm just not going to look at my Steam page :ohdear:. At this point I'm adding an addendum to the title with "... and 5000 plat"

I'm a bit bothered by a supposed "ninja" game being really bad at stealth mechanics and we're all using the loudest possible weapons and skills to have ever graced an action game. Perhaps this will change with the melee system in the future. I think it's possible for the engine to support a modestly possible stealth approach to gameplay not all that far off from how the Metal Gear Solid series has historically worked, but DE doesn't provide the proper incentives and / or consequences to do it that way not to mention equipment. If they do pull it off, it'll be the only multiplayer action sneaker on the market aside from people doing multiplayer Splinter Cell, so they'd be way off in uncharted market category territory.

Didn't someone say earlier in the thread that you can't use Loki to cheese the rank 8 mastery test anymore?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lawlicaust posted:

I still say that mastery should increase by everything you can do in-game. Running missions and crafting items/Warframes should all increase mastery. It would let you advance without the game trying to force you to change weapons/Warframes every time you hit 30.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

necrobobsledder posted:

I'm a bit bothered by a supposed "ninja" game being really bad at stealth mechanics and we're all using the loudest possible weapons and skills to have ever graced an action game. Perhaps this will change with the melee system in the future. I think it's possible for the engine to support a modestly possible stealth approach to gameplay not all that far off from how the Metal Gear Solid series has historically worked, but DE doesn't provide the proper incentives and / or consequences to do it that way not to mention equipment. If they do pull it off, it'll be the only multiplayer action sneaker on the market aside from people doing multiplayer Splinter Cell, so they'd be way off in uncharted market category territory.

Yeah, I dislike this as well. I wish they would do a full overhaul of the system. Make alarms localized like lockdowns are now. Maybe shipwide if you really gently caress up and don't shut them off. Greatly increase melee done to unalerted targets. Have a set of silent weapons that do more damage to unalerted targets (some weapons are already silent, but maybe make more of these). Mods that increase damage while stealthed, mods that make other weapons silenced. And they'd need to incentivize it. Bonus XP, credits, etc. for completing a mission without a shipwide alarm. Maybe we'll get a large scale change similar to the damage change.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

necrobobsledder posted:

Didn't someone say earlier in the thread that you can't use Loki to cheese the rank 8 mastery test anymore?

I cheesed it a few days ago, might have changed over the weekend.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

chumbler posted:

The stealth mastery test is what Loki is for. Can't get more stealthy than literally invisible :pseudo:. That is, unless the stalker shows up, but you're boned if that happens anyway.
It's ridiculous that this works. I did the entire test in a single invisiblity cast. Well, it's great that it works because stealth is dumb.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Stealth can be nice and all, but at this point the game has thoroughly rooted itself in the territory of Explode Many Dudes. Perhaps if there were a stealth-based missiontype that isn't on the main progression routes through the starchart.

We just discovered the Warframe equivalent of blaming a fart on a dog. If you find yourself doing something that annoys other goons, it's totally the pubbie that did it.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
What's up with developers always trying to shove stealth in a game that does not need stealth? It seems every action game needs to have a stealth segment. It's kind of funny when you join a co-op game and your challenge is to kill unalerted enemies.

j5mello
Jul 23, 2008
The stealth thing stems from their original plan for this game. It was supposed to be a follow up to Dark Sector which also featured stealth elements. I think there is an early (entirely pre-scripted) concept video still on youtube that shows off what they had initially wanted.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

j5mello posted:

The stealth thing stems from their original plan for this game. It was supposed to be a follow up to Dark Sector which also featured stealth elements. I think there is an early (entirely pre-scripted) concept video still on youtube that shows off what they had initially wanted.

I think that was actually Dark Sector before it got focus grouped up the rear end.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Basically, Warframe is what Dark Sector was supposed to be.

I have made a horrible mistake. You see this:

Fish Noise posted:

We just discovered the Warframe equivalent of blaming a fart on a dog. If you find yourself doing something that annoys other goons, it's totally the pubbie that did it.
Don't do this.
There are consequences. Terrible consequences.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
Got a weird issue on the PS4 version (or just some ui nonsense that I can't figure out), I've been doing Jackal runs for Rhino blueprints and I'm trying to sell off some excess helmet ones for quick credits, but whenever it goes into the prompt asking me to select how many I would like to sell there's no way to get it to ok the amount. I can't hit ok or cancel, all I can do is press circle and back out of the prompt while doing nothing, anyone else encountering this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sweetgrass posted:

Got a weird issue on the PS4 version (or just some ui nonsense that I can't figure out), I've been doing Jackal runs for Rhino blueprints and I'm trying to sell off some excess helmet ones for quick credits, but whenever it goes into the prompt asking me to select how many I would like to sell there's no way to get it to ok the amount. I can't hit ok or cancel, all I can do is press circle and back out of the prompt while doing nothing, anyone else encountering this?

Yeah, someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the selling multiple things bit of the UI is broken for the PS4. Sorry.