Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Ilyich posted:

From the BG:EE thread, if I had to make a guess, I'd say that completely clearing the area of basilisks and every other hostile would give between 28k-35k exp, putting you well on the way to level 6, assuming you're soloing and depending on the number of greater basilisks. I think there at least 3 of those in the area.

I don't care for solo runs, but I had never thought of this before and next time I do BG1 I am absolutely doing this.

Wait, duh... apart from maybe Imoen (who annoys me), I can just do this bit and when I find new companions they'll have caught me up in level. Evil genius. :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
So I pick up Neera at Wild Forest for the first time and she's stuck into a VO-loop like she's being clicked on constantly. If I travel to somewhere else, shes fine, but go back and the VO-spam resumes. Sent the save-file to Beamdog, maybe they can do something with it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'll see if I can find the time to write up some proper modding tutorials (including other games than BG2 as well). The one in the OP is just something I hastily wrote up when responding to a post back in the old thread. Not really OP worthy material.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

cheesetriangles posted:

Evil party may be only level 10 but they put in some serious work.

Is that Hexxat? I thought she was a Drow not a literal black human woman.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Smol posted:

I'll see if I can find the time to write up some proper modding tutorials (including other games than BG2 as well). The one in the OP is just something I hastily wrote up when responding to a post back in the old thread. Not really OP worthy material.

Gibberlings 3 has a link to a good one for BG2, by theacefes. The other IE games were never modded as much.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
I'm assuming PS:T players are familiar with the Windows 7/8 crash-to-desktop bug during area transitions. Googling around doesn't turn up much other than "save a lot and learn to live with it."

Anyone aware of an actual fix? It appears to be mod related - probably Bigg's widescreen.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is that Hexxat? I thought she was a Drow not a literal black human woman.

She is a literal black human woman. Also how well does Slayer work on mind flayers?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any success stories for getting these games running with GemRB on an Android tablet? Nexus 7 2013, to be exact.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

She is a literal black human woman. Also how well does Slayer work on mind flayers?

Now I'm super confused as to why I thought she was a Drow. I know that claim was made repeatedly. ...I think?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Icewind Dales were the best games made with the IE engine and I still play through both of them consecutively with my friends every now and then, just some beautifully designed dungeon crawlers, the only thing I can think of that's on par with them is The Temple of Elemental Evil, which, unfortunately, has no multiplayer, which is a travesty.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Now I'm super confused as to why I thought she was a Drow. I know that claim was made repeatedly. ...I think?

Viconia is Drow.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

amanasleep posted:

Viconia is Drow.

I don't follow. More likely it's the name. Sounds like something the Drow would come up with.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

JebanyPedal posted:

The Icewind Dales were the best games made with the IE engine and I still play through both of them consecutively with my friends every now and then, just some beautifully designed dungeon crawlers, the only thing I can think of that's on par with them is The Temple of Elemental Evil, which, unfortunately, has no multiplayer, which is a travesty.
I'd say that the IWD games are the best-looking IE games. Plus, I think their heavier emphasis in fights and more interesting combat makes them more suited for replays, since you already know the story after the first playthrough.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

I don't follow. More likely it's the name. Sounds like something the Drow would come up with.

Hexxat is a Human Vampire Thief. (New Enhanced Edition Character)
Viconia is a Drow (Dark Elf) Cleric.

VVV: Tina Turner is black too.

Malek fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 20, 2013

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

She's black and drows are black too.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Factor_VIII posted:

I'd say that the IWD games are the best-looking IE games. Plus, I think their heavier emphasis in fights and more interesting combat makes them more suited for replays, since you already know the story after the first playthrough.

The Baldur's Gate games have really mediocre stories and some terribly designed encounters and dungeons that aren't very much fun to play through, Planescape: Torment has some good characterization and actually has interesting themes, but is a godawful chore to play and is filled with way, way, way too much text, whoever wrote it didn't really understand economy of words.
I honestly think the Icewind Dale games are the only ones that have aged well at all (besides BG2) and are actually fun to play games, which BG1 isn't, BG2 varies too much, and PS:T is literally one of the most boring things I've ever played in my life.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

TINA TURNER posted:

She's black and drows are black too.

Drow are jet black. A bunch of people were claiming she was Drow up to release and it was never clarified. This is much cooler to be honest.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Stumiester posted:

So, can I have some advice about IWD 2? I'm determined to have a go, but I don't really know the 3ed system - too much BG2 for me! I've made a party with some tips from the internet, but I'm sure I've made some glaring errors - any advice would be much appreciated:

Human Paladin of Helm 1 -> Fighter 4 -> Paladin x, Lawful Good, 18S/10D/16C/8I/16W/8Ch
(Power Attack/Large Sword 2)
[Tank 1]

Shield Dwarf Fighter 4 -> Barbarian x, Neutral Good, 18/10/20/10/10/8
(Hammer 2, Flail 2)
[Tank 2]

Human Battleguard of Tempus x/Fighter y (alternating), Chaotic Good, 18/10/14/8/18/8
(Combat Casting, Luck of Heroes)
[Tank 3/Cleric]

Half-Elf Monk 3 -> Druid x, Lawful Neutral, 16/16/16/7/18/3
(Dodge)
[Druid and good fighter - hoping the monk's fist powers carry over to shapeshifted form?]

Human Rogue 1 -> Wizard x, Chaotic Good, 10/10/10/18/10/18
(Courteous Magocracy, Mercantile Background)
[Diplomat/Thief skills/Mage]

Human Sorcerer x, Chaotic Neutral, 10/14/14/14/6/18
(Spell Focus: Evocation x 2)
[Blow poo poo up]

I think the thing I'm most at a loss with is feats. Also, do I need an evil character?

The biggest worry here is your first guy. He's not a bad build at all, but once you start taking paladin levels, you're locked into that class. The minute you take a level in a class that isn't paladin, you can never go back. It's perfectly fine if you take some fighter levels, THEN go into paladin, but if you start with one paladin level, and then take some fighter levels, you can never go back to paladin. So just take your four fighter levels first. You'll be fine without paladin stuff that early anyway. Make sure your fighter is lawful good though, you still need to fulfill the paladin prerequisites. Power attack is a great feat, good choice there.

Dwarf looks great, but he doesn't need charisma. Give him a little extra Wis to shore up his saves.

With those two heavy tanks on the front line, you don't need to dilute your cleric with fighter levels. Make him a heavy divine spellcaster, some of their late spells get awesome. Tempus is a great deity for buffs, so even without fighter levels he'll be a fine frontline asset. Consider Draw Upon Holy Might. For feats, I'd give him Combat Casting, Power attack, and then maybe Subvocal Casting so that a silence spell can't shut down your healer. Luck of Heroes isn't that great a feat, since with a little planning or experience you can usually prebuff to counter any status effects coming your way, while feats that amplify your offense let you murder things before you ever have to make that saving throw.

The rogue/wizard is a great build, but you don't need to waste feats on things that give you skill points. With a wizard's high INT, and a rogue's massive starting skill total, you'll have plenty on that guy. Give him Combat Casting and then Spell Focus: Enchantment or Necromancy instead and make him a fountain of curses and debuffs to support your front line. I'd ditch the charisma and social skills on this guy and put all his points into dexterity instead, to help his defense and reflex saves. Your high-charisma sorcerer can be the social one. Consider making this guy a (male) Drow instead of a human, starting with 20 dex and 20 int is right in line with what you want this guy to do. A human is fine though, humans are good at everything.

I'm not sure if the monk skills carry over into shapeshifted form: but I would just run straight druid anyway. He'll be a (literal!) beast in melee early on, when fighting is more important, and he'll have stronger spells later on when casting is more important. I haven't played much with monks though, he might be fine.

Sorcerer looks fine. You'll want to pick up Spell penetration eventually, but spell focus (and combat casting!) will be more helpful early on. This character can be your social face. Mercantile background isn't necessary - you'll have plenty of money.

You don't need an evil guy.

no thanks
Jun 18, 2008
e: With regards to tanking in IWD2, a fighter in light armour with high dex and the expertise feat can survive as well as the more traditional full plate + shield approach.

Mzbundifund posted:

The biggest worry here is your first guy. He's not a bad build at all, but once you start taking paladin levels, you're locked into that class. The minute you take a level in a class that isn't paladin, you can never go back. It's perfectly fine if you take some fighter levels, THEN go into paladin, but if you start with one paladin level, and then take some fighter levels, you can never go back to paladin. So just take your four fighter levels first. You'll be fine without paladin stuff that early anyway. Make sure your fighter is lawful good though, you still need to fulfill the paladin prerequisites. Power attack is a great feat, good choice there.
Paladins of Helm are able to multiclass freely as fighters without preventing them from gaining levels as a paladin. Paladins of Mystra can mulitclass as wizards and paladins of Ilmater can multiclass as Painbearers.

no thanks fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 20, 2013

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
Yeah, just use a single-class Druid (or maybe a Fighter1/Druid to get all weapon and armor proficiencies). Frost Fingers and Beast Claws rule the early game (actually Frost Fingers rules in general), and you get some pretty powerful damage spells later on.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Yeah, just use a single-class Druid (or maybe a Fighter1/Druid to get all weapon and armor proficiencies). Frost Fingers and Beast Claws rule the early game (actually Frost Fingers rules in general), and you get some pretty powerful damage spells later on.

I'm at the office so I can't check, but there is some mod pack for IWD2 that adds a bunch of very sensible nature-related spells, mostly nukes, to druids. It also adds in some shapechanges that I'm more dubious about, but it really makes druids into a very good hybrid caster that's part cleric, part wizard.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Airfoil posted:

I'm assuming PS:T players are familiar with the Windows 7/8 crash-to-desktop bug during area transitions. Googling around doesn't turn up much other than "save a lot and learn to live with it."

Anyone aware of an actual fix? It appears to be mod related - probably Bigg's widescreen.
I've had that problem too. I think it is linked to the widescreen mod, but I'm not sure. I noticed that the widescreen mod has been updated to version 3.05, so maybe updating it will work?

Suspicious posted:

The game checks for either high intelligence or wisdom for dialogues almost all the times though. Wisdom gives an experience bonus which translates into more levels and thus more stat points to distribute. Intelligence isn't useful if you aren't a mage. You don't need to be a mage, I guess that's the point I was indirectly making. Starting with 18 wisdom will unlock the vast majority of dialogue options and you can spend the rest of your points in physical stats if you want.

Charisma-only options with no wise alternatives are pretty rare. So rare that I can't think of a meaningful one.
So high Wisdom and and high Intelligence are interchangeable in regards to getting the best/most dialogue options, and focusing points into high wisdom works better if you want to play as a fighter. If so, is it easier to play as fighter?

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more
I just started BG2 with a priest of Talos after taking her through BG1 and I'm starting to find the class a bit boring. I have quite a few self buffs but by the time I've cast them all everybodys dead already or very near it. The duration of these buffs doesn't really allow out of combat casting unless you know a fight is coming. I thought mind controlling enemies would be fun but targets rarely fail their save or they don't have a mind to turn (undead).
Turning undead, while useful isn't exactly the most exciting thing to do, I can't really seem to hit much and basically I'm just trying to find any role that is not 'stand around chanting and blessing while everybody else kills things'.

I'm currently level 7, will I be able to have fun with cool spells/abilities later on? Post your favourite way to play a priest of Talos.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Returning from the underdark with a bag of holding or two full of crazy good items / spells is the best feeling in the world. Dorn gets a vorpal sword, Korgan gets Crom Faeyr The Thunderhammer :black101: I get timestop and Imoen gets forgotten just as it was meant to be.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Max Wilco posted:

I've had that problem too. I think it is linked to the widescreen mod, but I'm not sure. I noticed that the widescreen mod has been updated to version 3.05, so maybe updating it will work?

Sadly, no. The 3.05 update is at least a couple of years old. I don't think it's in particularly active development anymore.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Airfoil posted:

I feel I should warn you on a related issue with an art gallery you'll encounter later in the game. It wasn't just transitions in to that place but it seemed like uncovering fog of war on certain items would make it crash. Unfortunately you'll have to go through there for the main story but I managed, somehow.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Does anyone know if the trick to stuff Valygar in a bag of holding to both complete the quest from Tolgerias and open the Planar Sphere still works in the Enhanced Edition?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Airfoil posted:

Sadly, no. The 3.05 update is at least a couple of years old. I don't think it's in particularly active development anymore.

Jabronie posted:

I feel I should warn you on a related issue with an art gallery you'll encounter later in the game. It wasn't just transitions in to that place but it seemed like uncovering fog of war on certain items would make it crash. Unfortunately you'll have to go through there for the main story but I managed, somehow.
So then is it best to drop the widescreen mod completely? What about other mods from the GOG mod list, like the Tweaks Pack, or the Unfinished Business patch? Do they cause problems or crashes?

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm at the office so I can't check, but there is some mod pack for IWD2 that adds a bunch of very sensible nature-related spells, mostly nukes, to druids. It also adds in some shapechanges that I'm more dubious about, but it really makes druids into a very good hybrid caster that's part cleric, part wizard.

Haha, who thought druids in IWD2 needed a buff?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How many boots of speed are in BG2? I have two and would really like two more.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
IIRC there's only two in the main campaign, but more in ToB.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Max Wilco posted:

So then is it best to drop the widescreen mod completely? What about other mods from the GOG mod list, like the Tweaks Pack, or the Unfinished Business patch? Do they cause problems or crashes?

I don't know that the problem is actually being caused by widescreen in this case. That's just a guess. Even if it is, I would rather live with the crashes than uninstall it. 640x480 on a modern LCD drives me nuts.

I'm also running fixpack, tweaks, UB, and Ghost Dog's UI. Haven't noticed other problems, but I'm only a few hours in.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

cheesetriangles posted:

How many boots of speed are in BG2? I have two and would really like two more.

IIRC five in total. Sixth pair also exists if you abuse some glitches and kill Renal Bloodscalp.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.

Takes No Damage posted:

One of the things I tried to do was only get mods that 'enhanced' the original experience, not the ones that made all the female characters topless or added a bunch of poo poo romantic dialogue options. My goal for BG 1-2 was to mash them both together and have a giant consistent game with all the official 'deleted scenes' added back in, with a few sprinkles of the best-of fan content, if any. The instructions I wrote out for myself are below, feel free to tell me how you think I did.

code:
Install in order:
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
BGII Fix Pack
BGT (this is what mashes the 2 games together, and lets you play BG1 with BG2 graphics)
Ascension ('fixes' the final boss fight of the game)
BG1 Unfinished Business (restores cut content to BG1)
BG2 Unfinished Business (restores cut content to BG2)
Dark Side of the Sword Coast (fan made, decent optional content)
Northern Tales of the Sword Coast + patch (fan made, decent optional content)
Mini Quests Encounters (short fan made sidequests, some decent little asides for your characters to deal with)
Al's Restoration Project (tries to restore literally all unused game sounds, as well as some minor cut characters or locations)
Setup-BGTMusic.exe (so you can set it to play BG1 music in BG1, otherwise it would be BG2 the whole way through)
BG2 Tweak Pack (I go through the list and pick and choose what to install, skip most of it but some decent bits for convenience sake)
Font Mod toolfont (bigger fonts for HD screens)
Widescreen mod (duh)
and I've got a portrait pack or 2 in this folder as well, if you want a little more variety or are just tired of looking at the same faces)
The two Sword Coast packs are the biggest changes, adding basically fan-made side areas the size of major quests within the vanilla game, everything else I tried to keep as low impact as possible to preserve the feel of the original games, just with a few modern conveniences thrown in.

If you haven't played the game before I would argue you overdid it by a pretty wide margin here. DSotSC was poo poo when it came out in the late 90s and it probably hasn't gotten any better. The only thing from NTotSC I tried was the GUI mod so you could play the original BG1 (*without* Tutu/BGT) widescreen and not have it look like poo poo, the rest of the stuff looked like badly translated fanfiction. Those are your biggest offenders.

I would really suggest (if you are going in blind) that the only mods worth installing are the G3 fixpack, the widescreen if you need it, and some convenience tweaks from the Tweak Pack (most of it is dumb but I can see the inventory management stuff being desirable). If you have the EE don't install *any* mods right off the bat, at all.

The only content mod I would even consider playing for a first run would be BG1 Unfinished Business. Not to be confused with BG2 Unfinished Business (which is mostly poorly written and not at all necessary - some of that stuff was cut for a reason). Most of the additions are subtly done, relatively well written, and adds some much needed dialogue (even if it is minor) to the game.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Is BG1:EE pretty much bug free now? And how buggy is BG2:EE at this point?

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Mzbundifund posted:

Dwarf looks great, but he doesn't need charisma. Give him a little extra Wis to shore up his saves.

With those two heavy tanks on the front line, you don't need to dilute your cleric with fighter levels. Make him a heavy divine spellcaster, some of their late spells get awesome. Tempus is a great deity for buffs, so even without fighter levels he'll be a fine frontline asset. Consider Draw Upon Holy Might. For feats, I'd give him Combat Casting, Power attack, and then maybe Subvocal Casting so that a silence spell can't shut down your healer. Luck of Heroes isn't that great a feat, since with a little planning or experience you can usually prebuff to counter any status effects coming your way, while feats that amplify your offense let you murder things before you ever have to make that saving throw.

The rogue/wizard is a great build, but you don't need to waste feats on things that give you skill points. With a wizard's high INT, and a rogue's massive starting skill total, you'll have plenty on that guy. Give him Combat Casting and then Spell Focus: Enchantment or Necromancy instead and make him a fountain of curses and debuffs to support your front line. I'd ditch the charisma and social skills on this guy and put all his points into dexterity instead, to help his defense and reflex saves. Your high-charisma sorcerer can be the social one. Consider making this guy a (male) Drow instead of a human, starting with 20 dex and 20 int is right in line with what you want this guy to do. A human is fine though, humans are good at everything.

I'm not sure if the monk skills carry over into shapeshifted form: but I would just run straight druid anyway. He'll be a (literal!) beast in melee early on, when fighting is more important, and he'll have stronger spells later on when casting is more important. I haven't played much with monks though, he might be fine.

Sorcerer looks fine. You'll want to pick up Spell penetration eventually, but spell focus (and combat casting!) will be more helpful early on. This character can be your social face. Mercantile background isn't necessary - you'll have plenty of money.

You don't need an evil guy.

Thanks for this advice, and to everyone else who helped out too. I restarted with a tweaked party and am happy that it seems to be working well.

Re: the Druid mod, I went to http://weidu.org/iwd2.html and installed the ease of use and bg2 merchant (onto the GOG version, and of course with the widescreen mod).

I used:
Bugfixes
Infinite Stacking
Non-Combat War Chant of the Sith
Improved Holy Avenger
Deep Gnome Starting XP
Improved Moonblades
Improved Monk Fists
Collector's Edition Bonus Items
Magic Weapon Finesse
Always Get Some XP Per Kill
Include Forgotten Armor and Shields
Additional Druid Spells
Alternate Shapeshifting
Skip Battle Square

So, skipping anything that looked that it might be too cheaty/would change the game too much/I didn't understand. I assume the additional druid spells is the bit people are talking about? Looks like adding stoneskin to druids might make a difference, but seems sensible overall...

I wasn't going to add the skip battle square, but after seeing the advice here I think it seems like a good idea!

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Is BG1:EE pretty much bug free now? And how buggy is BG2:EE at this point?

BG1 EE just had a huge patch that took over 6 months to come out. Not to say it's a 100% bug free but it is in my opinion the definitive version of the game now.

BG2 EE just came out less than a week ago and it's still a bit rough around the edges. It's not nearly as bad as the BG1EE launch was but you should definitely wait until more of the more obnoxious problems (such as disappearing enemies) are fixed before giving it a go.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Speaking of which, are there any of the "traditional" BG1 mods (e.g. BG1UB, fixpacks, etc.) that aren't included in EE? Trying to figure out how much extra stuff I need to install to get EE up to the same level as a normal modded BGT install.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Stumiester posted:

Re: the Druid mod, I went to http://weidu.org/iwd2.html and installed the ease of use and bg2 merchant (onto the GOG version, and of course with the widescreen mod).

I used:
Bugfixes
Infinite Stacking
Non-Combat War Chant of the Sith
Improved Holy Avenger
Deep Gnome Starting XP
Improved Moonblades
Improved Monk Fists
Collector's Edition Bonus Items
Magic Weapon Finesse
Always Get Some XP Per Kill
Include Forgotten Armor and Shields
Additional Druid Spells
Alternate Shapeshifting
Skip Battle Square

This was the one, thanks.

MegaGatts posted:

Haha, who thought druids in IWD2 needed a buff?

Well, they can't be in animal form and caster form at the same time, I guess? I played with this mod and I have to admit that it didn't seem to break things that badly, but I tend to play druids as casters and very little as melee beasts because they tend to have such mediocre AC that they get pummeled in any direct fight.

It's really a shame, I feel... vanilla bards and druids are rubbish in Baldur's Gate, but in Icewind Dale (especially 2, for druids), they are almost indispensable. I really like how bards with good int can replace rogues in IWD2 - I wish that I could get away without a rogue in IWD1. I would have one if party size was 7/8, but I always want to have 2 tanks, 1 pure arcane caster, 1 bard, cleric and druid. I like to play with all of the toys.

I think that there is a component for the above mod, that's not listed, where heavy armour gives damage resistance. It's basically optimal in IWD2 for someone to wear light armour with a high dex, and having plate mail and such absorb some damage really balances the field. That way, rogues/bards/monks get hit somewhat less but take more damage per, while clerics/tanks in heavy kit get hit more often but take less damage. I really liked that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Speaking of which, are there any of the "traditional" BG1 mods (e.g. BG1UB, fixpacks, etc.) that aren't included in EE? Trying to figure out how much extra stuff I need to install to get EE up to the same level as a normal modded BGT install.

This is something I'm wondering as well.

Does BGEE change how Shapeshifters work at all, while we're at it?