Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

hooah posted:

Yeah, someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the selling multiple things bit of the UI is broken for the PS4. Sorry.

It's only in the last month or so that the PC has actually gotten this feature, so who the gently caress knows when it will be fixed for PS4.

e: vv Incidentally, this is how all warframes (except for Vauban and Nekros) work. Buy the BP for credits, farm the parts which are all potential mission rewards from the same boss.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
So does Jackal drop the blueprints for all the rhino parts? Like an rear end in a top hat, I didn't realize the chassis blueprint I queued to build last night did not in fact build the whole suit. I was pretty damned disappointed when I got home and realized that I'd need a bunch more crap.

Also, does the whole Rhino warframe blueprint drop anywhere or do I just need to man up and buy it?

I'll be on in about an hour on PSN to farm jackal if anyone wants to join.

Edit: PSN ID is dojisekushi, I'm in the clan.

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
Jackal drops all Rhino parts. The Rhino blueprint is available for credit purchase in the market, just scroll around.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
This is going to be a very late Wednesday for U11, it seems. Game forums are practically self-immolating again.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
They really need to start giving themselves some breathing room for giant updates like this.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

quote:

Elemental Damage & Combining Elements: CHANGES!

After reviewing this thread and working things out with combinations, we have changes to report to Elemental Combinations. Elemental combinations will no longer be based on a predetermined elemental hierarchy, but instead a MOD PLACEMENT hierarchy.

This hierarchy is from closest to top left (first to be considered) to closest to bottom right (last to be considered) on the Mod Layout.

If you place Cold, Toxin, Fire, and, Electric, in that order from top left to bottom right, you will get:

(Cold + Toxin) and (Electric + Fire).

So Elemental mods will now combined based on equipped mod load order, much like Sentinel powers activate based on load order. This means you won't be limted in the combination of elements you can equip to get a certain effect, but people are worried about weapons needing to be re-Forma'd. Steve had this to say -

quote:

About Forma'd slots - there is obviously still the same benefits but what DM2 does is add ordering into the mix which wasn't a consideration before.

We're definitely open and listening to feedback about this aspect. When the dust settles on this new damage model we'll reexamine Forma'd slots. We do have db account for how many times Forma has been used (the stars) and I've seen a lot of interesting ideas to consider for future update.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 21, 2013

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Redtext making U11 jokes. I wanted spray tans and tenno slippers.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Wooden sandals. you know it'll happen.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

Wooden sandals. you know it'll happen.

Isn't that like the Obex?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ps4 newbie here. If I wanted blueprints for another frame (I have Excalibur) what would another fun/awesome/badass warframe be?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Feenix posted:

Ps4 newbie here. If I wanted blueprints for another frame (I have Excalibur) what would another fun/awesome/badass warframe be?

Mag isn't too bad to get. I believe that's Nef Anyo on Mars. Rhino is also a goon favorite, that drops from the Jackal.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

DelphiAegis posted:

Redtext making U11 jokes. I wanted spray tans and tenno slippers.

Any good ones? I usually find the red text pretty entertaining when I do happen to catch it.

Edit:

Feenix posted:

Get Rhino and :black101: the gently caress out of the game.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

hooah posted:

Any good ones? I usually find the red text pretty entertaining when I do happen to catch it.

Redtext made a small announcement of "The time everyone is waiting for is here!"

"That's right... Update 10.8.1.0! Contains a new collection of fuzzy ballerina slippers for Warframes PLUS a spray tanning kit for Sentinels! (Note: tan wears off after 3 days)"

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hooah posted:

The most entertaining thing was the goon rage from some people

Feenix posted:

Most of the rare components you need to build a frame won't drop until you get past Earth, and one specifically is from Neptune, Europa, or the Orokin Void.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
poo poo's happening, son!

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

DelphiAegis posted:

Redtext made a small announcement of "The time everyone is waiting for is here!"

"That's right... Update 10.8.1.0! Contains a new collection of fuzzy ballerina slippers for Warframes PLUS a spray tanning kit for Sentinels! (Note: tan wears off after 3 days)"

God, I'm really sad I missed that. Good news though, update's live folks! Get on and get to work!

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.

hooah posted:

I want the slippers :smith:

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Tenno shotgun :toot:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Extra skins for the first 8 Warframes???

e: Player with the best performance and network connection automatically becomes the match host.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

gently caress images and formatting. warframe patch notes

ADDITIONS:
New Warframe: “Valkyr” Female Berserker Class, Cosmetic Bastet Helmet & Cosmetic Restraints!
https://www.youtube....h?v=K-jH6mP37_k

New Weapons:
“Tigris” Tenno Double-Barrel Shotgun (Primary)
“Cestra” Corpus Mini-gun (Secondary)
“Lecta” Corpus Whip (Melee)
New Prime Gear: Ember, Glaive, and Sicarus! Find it all in the Void Today!
New Damage Model 2.0! More information here: https://forums.warfr...n-on-damage-20/
New Customizations: Warframe Skins for the first 8 Warframes!
New Decorations for the Dojo (Including a Trading Kiosk!)
New Tile Set: Corpus Gas City
New Enemies: 3 Corpus enemy types to seek and destroy!
New Boss: Sargus Ruk (Grineer)
New Boss: Alad V & Zanuka (Corpus)
New System: Trading 1.0! Build the Trading Kiosk in your Dojo to begin!
New System: Codex and Scanner (Scan enemies to unlock entries & details in the Codex)
New Mods for Slash (Health) Damage, Toxic (Poison) Damage, Impact (Shield) Damage, and Status (Proc Chance) Effects!
New Resource Drone: collects crafting materials from planetary systems!
Host Election: the player with the best combination of PC performance & networking conditions now automatically become host when launching a public mission
Full on-screen map: Press M during gameplay to view the overall level map as you uncover it through exploration!
Added option to opt-in to Nightmare nodes
Added hotkey support for Gear items
Added "click a planet" hint when sitting at default state of the star chart
Added new icon for Boss nodes on the star chart
Players can now copy other players' mission votes by clicking on the squad info panel.
Additional features to in-game voice communications. Microphone and output device can now be selected. Improvements to range on weak microphones has also been added.
Added in-game Achievements
Update 11 Launch Event: The Hunt for Alad V! https://forums.warfr...r-alad-v-is-on/

CHANGES:
Sprint is no longer needed to initiate a Wall-Run
The contact-list network protocol has been completely rewritten to work-around Strict NAT and network problems caused by having a large number of contacts (the new system still being tuned, please be patient)
Enabled Multi-Threaded Rendering by default (can be disabled in launcher if needed).
Capture targets are now more dynamic and mobile: there are a range of tougher Corpus and Grineer targets with varying abilities and weapons will flee at the first sign of danger. Stop them from boarding a shuttle and escaping!
Phorid has moved from his home on Naeglar and our spys indicate that he may strike at any time. Look for Infested invasions on your in-game alert display; we have reason to believe that if there is an invasion where a boss would normally be found you are likely to find Phorid there instead (we also suspect him to be carrying Volt Warframe component blueprints!)
Redesigned and merged the Contacts and Chat UI (look for them on the right-hand side of your screen)
Star Chart progress, Sentinel and Sentinel-Weapon rank now contribute to Mastery level. Note: Complete a mission with your leveled up Sentinels ans Sentinel-Weapons to receive this Master XP retroactively
Improved top-bar navigation to include the Codex and Inbox
Sentinels now come with a default amount of armor
Removed co-op doors from survival missions
Time between Defense waves has been reduced to 6 seconds
The Inbox now updates with unread message count
Inbox message icons will now refresh properly when deleting messages
Rewards delivered to inbox are received automatically upon reading message – new text added to make this clear
Updated Dojo room art for the following rooms (visual update will be automatic, no rebuild necessary):
Oracle
Barracks (Moon, Mountain, Storm, Shadow)
Research Labs (Bio, Energy, Chem)
Added Auto-target locking for gamepad melee. Melee Assist Option is a toggle.
Star Chart: added effects & colorization to further distinguish available nodes from completed/locked nodes, and highlight boss nodes.
Stun Chance mods (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Melee) are now Status Effect mods in accordance with new damage system
2D and 3D weapons duck ambience by 2 dB less and duck music by 1 dB less. 2D weapons duck 3D weapons by 2dB less
Improved sound-ducking mixes
Changed Europa planet description so that it wasn't the same as Eris
Added UI elements to better indicate player extraction status (players waiting, # of players, etc)
Added new icons for Sentinel weapons
Switched the Prova to use Machete animations and finishers
New space skybox added to the Grineer Galleon tile set
Improved the sound for the Heavy Impact mod
Audio improvements to some stealth finishers
Rebalanced some mod types for Conclave battles (Stun mods, Crit mods, and Corrupted mods)
Tuned conclave values for Brakk, Machete Wraith, and Obex
Added sound for Galleon air lifts in Conclave map
Stalker has been improving his melee combo techniques
NPCs will no longer target Rescue agents

FIXES:
Fixed multiple localized text strings across all languages
Experimental camera fixes – camera does not collide with enemies or players to avoid annoying jitter.
Fixed issue where only host could invite players into a Dojo
Fixed more instances of enemy AI spawning or falling into unreachable areas in Exterminate missions
Fixed falling out of level in Mastery Challenge 7 costing a revive
Fixed some navigation/design issues in new level connectors
Fixed some issues related to Nyx’s Mind Control ability where brainwashed AI didn’t always attack enemies as intended
Fixed various teleport issues that would result in “out of world” experiences
Fixed some missing materials identified in Corpus ship levels
Fixed a case where you are unable to melee/block sometimes after being knocked down during melee swings
Fixed a case where the player would stay in the melee charge anim sometimes if knocked down during melee attack
Fixed HUD error when using VOIP in dojo
Fixed missing respawn volume in Dojo obstacle course
Fixed some reported issues of flickering textures
Fixed missing jump actions required by enemies in certain levels
Fixed Jackal robot missile seeking offset
Fixed Security Camera sounds not playing for clients
Fixed names of Gradivus Dilemma trophies
Fixed in-game chat overlay not hiding when hitting ESC/clicking away before auto-hide occurs
Fixed host's loadout score used by quickmatch not updating realtime when equipping different equipment in arsenal
Fixed Grineer Scorpion to have proper in-game description
Fixed issue with Kestrel and Glaive animations for holstering
Fixed unlocalized text string when trying to buy a slot with insufficient platinum
Fixed all reported/known issues of players falling through elevators
Fixed ledge-mantling mid wall-jump causing you to keep your push velocity
Fixed Rhino’s Iron Skin ability that granted invulnerability during oxygen loss
Fixed weapon attachments to now play the fire animation according to their respective fire rate (with any upgrade mods)
Fixed broken weapon recoil behaviour; it now works as intended
Fixed Roller idle animation jittering
Fixed “power in use” issue after using Banshee’s Sonic Boom ability
Fixed Acrid weapon not doing damage over time
Fixed Saryn’s Miasma ability to apply damage over time
Fixed issue where Ciphers were being consumed twice on a single hack
Fixed Nekros Soul Punch ability to ragdoll target NPCs
Fixed Trinity’s Energy Vampire in Conclave which caused enemies on the opposite team to regenerate energy as well
Fixed issue that allowed spectators to fire the Ignis and Flux rifle while spectating in Conclave
Fixed enemies not getting auto-killed if they ragdoll in the middle of a death animation
Fixed multiple issues with Infested enemy types related to map navigation
Fixed high level enemies spawning in low-level defense missions
Fixed Private session countdown not starting after friend joins/selects mission

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cheevos seem to be for the non-Steam version as well. Got a whole bunch of notifications when I logged in.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I can't build a trading dojo for my mini-clan. Can anyone else confirm? My current speculation is that it requires a larger hall than we've yet bothered with.

e: ignore me, I can't read.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

...anyone else having issues getting into the new chat? I can see some buttons on the right of the screen that must be them, but I can't click or drag them out.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sleepy Owl posted:

The most entertaining thing was the goon rage from some people

Most of the rare components you need to build a frame won't drop until you get past Earth, and one specifically is from Neptune, Europa, or the Orokin Void.

So you're saying, as a newbie-guy, best bet is to hold off... (Or if I really want a new frame, drop some plat..)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is this patch simultaneous for ps4 as well as PC?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Feenix posted:

So you're saying, as a newbie-guy, best bet is to hold off... (Or if I really want a new frame, drop some plat..)
It's not that bad. Especially if you can get someone you know to help you get a control module.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 21, 2013

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

lil baby anime posted:

Host Election: the player with the best combination of PC performance & networking conditions now automatically become host when launching a public mission

SO many great improvements in this update, but I'm particularly glad to see this.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

It takes very little time to get a new frame farmingwise. Just do jackal until you get all three parts of the rhino print. I'll help you get a control module when you need it.

Feenix posted:

Is this patch simultaneous for ps4 as well as PC?

PS4 probably won't see the patch until the weekend at the earliest. PS4 will always be behind the PC patchwise, that's why they cancelled the idea of shared accounts.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
Guys, the new update has the codex included. In the codex, there are some concept art galleries.
I think I found the best picture in the gallery and the game.

EDIT
Ughhh, there's a fanart gallery and there's your standard "oh they're human under the warframe, really!!" stuff in it.
:negative:
At least the fanart are not completely weeaboo.

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 21, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lawlicaust posted:

It takes very little time to get a new frame farmingwise. Just do jackal until you get all three parts of the rhino print. I'll help you get a control module when you need it.

Appreciated. I play after 8:30 pm PST and during the day in my home office when I should be working. (Teehee)

The thing I was thinking was just that Neptune or the Jackal or whatever sounded far off for me, and I was just a little tired of Excalibur.

How far away am I from Jackal? I think I did up to Esper (after Ishtar?) on Venus.

How rare are the 3 parts on Jackal? Am I going to have to run The jackal more than 10 times?

Thanks for the advice. :)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Wow, fantastic. I just tried to do the 8->9 test, and accidentally threw a decoy right away instead of hitting invis. Decoy kept me getting detected until I had 0 tries left, at which point I became visible and was immediately spotted. :wtf:

As for the update, how do we actually equip and use the scanner? It doesn't show up in the gear list like an ammo pack would, and I couldn't find a key binding for it. Does it replace a weapon or something?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hooah posted:

Wow, fantastic. I just tried to do the 8->9 test, and accidentally threw a decoy right away instead of hitting invis. Decoy kept me getting detected until I had 0 tries left, at which point I became visible and was immediately spotted. :wtf:

Woooooo I am now not the only moron who has done that! :smith::hf::smith: Just wait until tomorrow when the stalker decides to pay you a visit during that test.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

It runs so smoothly it's so beautiful :qq: And then it crashed after the first mission.

Feenix posted:

Appreciated. I play after 8:30 pm PST and during the day in my home office when I should be working. (Teehee)

The thing I was thinking was just that Neptune or the Jackal or whatever sounded far off for me, and I was just a little tired of Excalibur.

How far away am I from Jackal? I think I did up to Esper (after Ishtar?) on Venus.

How rare are the 3 parts on Jackal? Am I going to have to run The jackal more than 10 times?

Jackal is on Venus :v:
You get a blueprint for a part each time you kill it, but it's random so it might take a while to get all three.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sleepy Owl posted:

It runs so smoothly it's so beautiful :qq: And then it crashed after the first mission.

Jackal is on Venus :v:
You get a blueprint for a part each time you kill it, but it's random so it might take a while to get all three.

And then after having all 3 it's just a matter of having someone help me get a control module or whatever? Right away? Or do I have to reach a specific map?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Jackal is the boss of Venus. Each end planet boss drops a set of blueprint and then a few other blueprints come from other sources. You get the blueprints for the 3 parts (systems seem to be a lower rate than other parts). May take 3 runs, may take 10. Make each blueprint (12 hours for each but you can craft them all at the same time), then buy the Rhino blueprint off the Market and craft it (72 hours). It's 15k per blueprint to craft the parts and 25k to craft rhino. It's either 25k or 35k for the Rhino blueprint. It sounds like a lot but it's really not. After a week of pretty casual playing, you'll be able to do it. The hardest part is the command module because 1) it's only on Europa, Neptune, or Void; and 2) the number of groups doing those zones on PS4 or even the levels leading to them is really small right now. Your best bet is definitely to have a goon run you through it. I'll probably be on at some point during your play time so if you want a module run, just let me know. Probably won't be around much this weekend though as I'm traveling.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really like the look of some of those changes, like making the camera not react to other players and changing the stun mods to be proc mods.

Feenix posted:

And then after having all 3 it's just a matter of having someone help me get a control module or whatever? Right away? Or do I have to reach a specific map?

You need to have the resources to make each part, which you then use in the complete Rhino blueprint, which you get from the market. Unfortunately those resources come from all over the place so it will be quite awhile before you have another character unless you can get people to help you the whole way. It took me over 40 hours to get my second character.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm not loving my time with Excalibur and I have limited game time (wife, 11 month old...) so sometimes throwing money at the problem is the best solution.

So if I bought a frame with Plat, is it instantly delivered? Usable immediately?

Where can I read about Mag and Rhino?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

:siren: The new skins also work on Prime versions of said warframes :siren:

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Is there any way to bring up clan chat in-game?

Also, is the acrid worthless now? My sentinel appears to out dps it on the few enemies I've tried it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Feenix posted:

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm not loving my time with Excalibur and I have limited game time (wife, 11 month old...) so sometimes throwing money at the problem is the best solution.

So if I bought a frame with Plat, is it instantly delivered? Usable immediately?

Where can I read about Mag and Rhino?

Anything you buy with Platinum is instantly added to your inventory.